Can a Christian Become Lost, and Not Go to Heaven? OSAS?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
K

kennethcadwell

The point it to understand from this is...if God already knows who is saved and who isn't saved and you don't bbelieve you might be saved but can lose your salvation then you might want to rethink your faith.

I am so confident in my salvation that I can say with both Paul and Moses that if I could give up my salvation in order that someone else be saved then Lord do it. I can also say by my faith in Christ that if for, say some reason, my name is not write in the book of life I know it is God's Will. Do you have that kind of faith that you would be willing to sacrifice your salvation for someone else?

I don't disagree with you in one bit, about the fact of us each having assurance of our own salvation through Christ.

However from here is where we differ I think, because the bible does not say this is the case for everybody. And many are in jeopardy of falling away do to hardships, deceptions, and misunderstanding of the truth. We are called to help these lost souls to return and get back on the proper path.
If we go and act like everything is hunky dury with every believer, and treat others fate as not for us to worry about. Then we go against scripture by doing that as well. I myself always wanted to be a prophecy teacher, but the Holy Spirit pretty much told me no and kept leading me to the warnings the bible gives to believers about sin being still deceptive in our lives. Even it going as far as leading one back to spiritual death.

James 1:15
Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.

E

elf3

I don't disagree with you in one bit, about the fact of us each having assurance of our own salvation through Christ.

However from here is where we differ I think, because the bible does not say this is the case for everybody. And many are in jeopardy of falling away do to hardships, deceptions, and misunderstanding of the truth. We are called to help these lost souls to return and get back on the proper path.
If we go and act like everything is hunky dury with every believer, and treat others fate as not for us to worry about. Then we go against scripture by doing that as well. I myself always wanted to be a prophecy teacher, but the Holy Spirit pretty much told me no and kept leading me to the warnings the bible gives to believers about sin being still deceptive in our lives. Even it going as far as leading one back to spiritual death.

Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.
R. C. Sproul describes it this way. We see many "Christians" in the visible church but not all are in the invisible church. The visible church being those we see "go to church". The invisible church being "true believers in Christ. So those "Christians" we see "fall away" were they true Christians?

K

kennethcadwell

R. C. Sproul describes it this way. We see many "Christians" in the visible church but not all are in the invisible church. The visible church being those we see "go to church". The invisible church being "true believers in Christ. So those "Christians" we see "fall away" were they true Christians?

I don't like looking in that way of rather one was a true Christian or not.
The way I look at it is that there are many out there that are still weak in the faith, and are drowning just in the milk of the word. The ones that fall away are the ones who never got the loving attention and direction from fellow brothers and sisters in Christ to lead them the right direction.
I have seen to many of my fellow brothers and sister in Christ, even on here, say that another's walk toward salvation is none of their business. And actually tell others even that we are not called to help convert others to Christianity. This is all ridiculous and faulty teaching going about.
Which is also why the Lord has commanded us to love all others, because by doing so you will win some of them to the faith in Him. It may seem tedious or not worth it at times, but even if you speak to 100 people and only 5 out of those 100 hear what you had to say and come to accept the Lord. Then the Lord is well pleased with that.....

The other thing is those who are lost in a apostate churches that are teaching them falsely, and believe they are saved even though they are under false teaching. These are the hardest to bring to repentance, as they will defend their false apostate teaching tell they are blue in the face. Even if clear cut scripture is shown to them, they still deny it. The bible speaks very well and a lot of this style of deception.

E

elf3

I don't like looking in that way of rather one was a true Christian or not.
The way I look at it is that there are many out there that are still weak in the faith, and are drowning just in the milk of the word. The ones that fall away are the ones who never got the loving attention and direction from fellow brothers and sisters in Christ to lead them the right direction.
I have seen to many of my fellow brothers and sister in Christ, even on here, say that another's walk toward salvation is none of their business. And actually tell others even that we are not called to help convert others to Christianity. This is all ridiculous and faulty teaching going about.
Which is also why the Lord has commanded us to love all others, because by doing so you will win some of them to the faith in Him. It may seem tedious or not worth it at times, but even if you speak to 100 people and only 5 out of those 100 hear what you had to say and come to accept the Lord. Then the Lord is well pleased with that.....

The other thing is those who are lost in a apostate churches that are teaching them falsely, and believe they are saved even though they are under false teaching. These are the hardest to bring to repentance, as they will defend their false apostate teaching tell they are blue in the face. Even if clear cut scripture is shown to them, they still deny it. The bible speaks very well and a lot of this style of deception.
I see it in the way of the parable of the sower and the seeds. Only the true believers in Christ take root (the invisible church). Others totally disregard the gospel and some "hang on" (visible church) a bit but never truly gave their lives to Christ.