Can a Christian believe in Noahs flood not being Universal?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
E

eternally-gratefull

You ask, "Can a Christian believe in Noahs flood not being Universal?"

The answer is YES, for the same reason we can believe locusts did not cover the whole world. The Old Testament is about Israel, not Britain, France, Germany, America or anywhere else.
1. Israel was not even created, or a nation yet. At this time, it was not even the focus of the bible
2. The bible says ALL LIFE except life on the ark was destroyed
3. If it was not worldwide, Then how did the water go above above the tallest mountain and not flood the restof the world?
4. After the flood, we have Babel (Again Not Israel) and the movement of men to the rest of the earth (God prety much forced them, which if there was man elswhere he would not have to)

There is just fat to much evidence to prove a world wide flood...

PS

Jan 11, 2013
The evidence for a worldwide flood is everywhere.
Water everywhere is due to this:

And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters. (Gen 1:6 KJV)

E

eternally-gratefull

Water everywhere is due to this:

And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters. (Gen 1:6 KJV)
I believe This talks about land dividing the deep earth water (From where heavy water is found and which we have just found to exist recently) and the waters above the land.. (oceans lakes and rivers)

This does not explain the fossil record. Which was cuased by the flood

PS

Jan 11, 2013
If the bible errs on the flood, then what else did it err on? You can't pick and choose what you accept from the bible. It has to stand as totally reliable or totally unreliable. If unreliable maybe it got salvation wrong. Making the bible unreliable in one part can only lead to skepticism in EVERY part. It is 100% reliable.

And besides, sea fossils have been found in the Grand Canyon.
The Bible does not err, only our understanding.

PS

Jan 11, 2013
And who would have been Cain's wife, his sister?
Cain went to build a city in the land of Nod where there were lots of people. He married one of them.

Gen 4:16-17 KJV
(16) And Cain went out from the presence of the LORD, and dwelt in the land of Nod, on the east of Eden.
(17) And Cain knew his wife; and she conceived, and bare Enoch: and he builded a city, and called the name of the city, after the name of his son, Enoch.

luigi

Dec 6, 2015
Cain went to build a city in the land of Nod where there were lots of people. He married one of them.

(16) And Cain went out from the presence of the LORD, and dwelt in the land of Nod, on the east of Eden.
(17) And Cain knew his wife; and she conceived, and bare Enoch: and he builded a city, and called the name of the city, after the name of his son, Enoch.
I know and agree PS. I do not believe in the inbreeding scenario so many here believe.

The Lord fashions each and every individual who in scriptures are often referred to as the clay, and the Lord as the potter.
When the Lord fashioned Adam, He did so by providing an individual (Adam) with His Spirit.
Prior to this, individuals (Homo sapiens) had no spirit of God (no love), and thus were exempt from sin.

Nine generations down from Adam, when the Lord decides to save Noah and his family from a corrupt world; that world is corrupt due to its having God/love, but rejecting Him in favor for the devil's world. Prior to having God/love there was no corruption/sin.

Hevosmies

Sep 8, 2018
Im getting sick and tired of christians being bullied by atheists and backing down on their stances on everything.

I need a vomit bag watching these fake tv preachers put on the spot on TV and asked direct questions and they twist and turn and squirm and WONT ANSWER straight and call it how it is.

DONT BACK DOWN. When an atheist tries to bully you into accepting evolution or any other ungodly thing, STAND FIRM in the truth and dont let them bully you, throw their fake expertise right back at em. When they tell you that you dont know what you're talking about, and they go on to critique the Bible. Ask them to tell you about soteriology, what are his credentials for critiquing the bible? Does he know about eschatology? How about dispensations? How about law and grace? How about substitutionary atonement?
Set em straight.

Dec 28, 2016
Im getting sick and tired of christians being bullied by atheists and backing down on their stances on everything.

I need a vomit bag watching these fake tv preachers put on the spot on TV and asked direct questions and they twist and turn and squirm and WONT ANSWER straight and call it how it is.

DONT BACK DOWN. When an atheist tries to bully you into accepting evolution or any other ungodly thing, STAND FIRM in the truth and dont let them bully you, throw their fake expertise right back at em. When they tell you that you dont know what you're talking about, and they go on to critique the Bible. Ask them to tell you about soteriology, what are his credentials for critiquing the bible? Does he know about eschatology? How about dispensations? How about law and grace? How about substitutionary atonement?
Set em straight.
Yeeppppppp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Disclaimer: If you're not solid and sound in doctrine this may offend you!) < --- Not aimed at you Hevosmies.

E

eternally-gratefull

This does not prove anything, We do not know how many children Adam and Eve had, or where they went, or how long after Adam and eve bore cain that this occured (remember, people lived up to a thousand years back then)

People shoudl not just assume anything.

PS

Jan 11, 2013

Set em straight.
I have done all that to no avail, so now I put them on ignore. Simple, and it saves all the aggro. :)

PS

Jan 11, 2013
I know and agree PS. I do not believe in the inbreeding scenario so many here believe.

The Lord fashions each and every individual who in scriptures are often referred to as the clay, and the Lord as the potter.
When the Lord fashioned Adam, He did so by providing an individual (Adam) with His Spirit.
Prior to this, individuals (Homo sapiens) had no spirit of God (no love), and thus were exempt from sin.

Nine generations down from Adam, when the Lord decides to save Noah and his family from a corrupt world; that world is corrupt due to its having God/love, but rejecting Him in favor for the devil's world. Prior to having God/love there was no corruption/sin.
As the people in the Land of Nod were building a walled city, which is late in man's existence and were playing musical instruments which is also late in human history, if you study it, you will find hunter gatherers existed long before Cain and Able were shepherding sheep and farming the land. Cavemen were even earlier. :)

E

eternally-gratefull

As the people in the Land of Nod were building a walled city, which is late in man's existence and were playing musical instruments which is also late in human history, if you study it, you will find hunter gatherers existed long before Cain and Able were shepherding sheep and farming the land. Cavemen were even earlier. :)
Oh boy,,

It is obvious you do not believe in the written word..

Evolutionalsists love you!

luigi

Dec 6, 2015
Yes, I agree; when people began building walled cities was late in man's existence.
I believe construction of walled cities, writing, the wheel, metallurgy, and other technological achievements which all seem to have appeared circa 6,000 years ago, may be attributed to the tree of knowledge that Adam and Eve should have stayed away from.
For nearly 200,000 years prior to that it was primarily hunter gatherers, some farming, and some herding of animals.
This is not to say that had Adam and Eve not eaten from the tree of knowledge the world today would look like it did for our ancestors. Gods Spirit of love was now with man, and so something positive would have resulted.
We'll need to wait until the end of the current age under Satan, when the Lord commences to reign before we start to see what would have resulted had Adam and Eve trusted in the Lord.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I am dumbfounded as to is it even a question.

If Adam was the first man, And Eve the first woman, Then there is no other answer..

If they were not the first man and woman, then the bible is a liar. Lets all burn them, because they are useless.. Lets eat drink and be merry because this world is all we have.
Paul said the same thing in that if Jesus did not raise from the dead than God is a liar, we are still in our sins, so let's eat and drink and be merry because the situation for eternal life is hopeless.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I said IF there were errors, ........IF is a big word.
< sending you back for remedial reading course>
I mentioned the word 'if' too on this thread this morning and generally was not well received and apparently taken the wrong way.

GraceAndTruth

Sep 28, 2015
Could the whole world be represented by they whom God/love came to know through Adam (in the Middle East), and not the rest of humanity throughout the world who had yet to be assimilated nine generations from Adam?
maybe you missed the point on how many years Adam and early humanity lived......and how many children they had. It is totally possibe that by the time Cain married Lillith, she was either a sister or daughter of a sister/brother. Eve was made from Adam's rib (the PRIME RIB I might add), part of the same substance, bone of his bone. No problem on genetics with that. The vast number of children would account for the disbursement of them to other lands.

GraceAndTruth

Sep 28, 2015
I mentioned the word 'if' too on this thread this morning and generally was not well received and apparently taken the wrong way.
So send them AlL back to remedical reading class!! ( I went back just a couple of days ago LOL )

luigi

Dec 6, 2015
maybe you missed the point on how many years Adam and early humanity lived......and how many children they had. It is totally possibe that by the time Cain married Lillith, she was either a sister or daughter of a sister/brother. Eve was made from Adam's rib (the PRIME RIB I might add), part of the same substance, bone of his bone. No problem on genetics with that. The vast number of children would account for the disbursement of them to other lands.
Sure, it was a hillbilly fest.