Can a person be a Christin yet deny the Bible?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
To be considered a Christian in the bible required that one accept Christ as Savior. The term today has been counterfeited to include many who are not saved. So the answer to the OP is yes and no. Those who call themselves Christian but are only pretenders will deny the bible. Those who actually possess Christ and are born again blood bought believers will always believe the bible.

For the cause of Christ
Roger
What if they come to believe in Christ without a bible? Like because of the testimony on another Christian? is it not possible to become a christian without believing in, let's say Noah's Ark or Ezekiel's wheels?

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
What if they come to believe in Christ without a bible? Like because of the testimony on another Christian? is it not possible to become christian saved without believing in, let's say Noah's Ark or Ezekiel's wheels?
Edit in green. I should have included unicorns and ghosts. Many people don't believe in them. I do!

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
The old testament has gone out of style
Says you. I have NEVER encountered anyone claiming to be a Christian who makes that claim.

So they point to these instructions, forgetting that scripture tells us what to do about them, and say old testament scripture can't be believed.
Who are "they". Quote "them" directly so that your assertion is believable.

UnoiAmarah

Jul 28, 2017
There are some unsaved that call themselves Christians and some saved that don't.
That is the general rule.

And in some cultures like 'Science' Christian has a negative connotation. So they stay quiet about it. I'm sorry to say.
Science is a discipline not a culture.

The reason that claiming to be a Christian has a negative connotation within the discipline of science is because claiming to be a Christian is symptomatic of someone who lacks the love of the Father, according to what I read in the scriptures.

As I previously noted in the scripture, the disciples didn't begin calling themselves Christians but Paul and Barnabas were first called Christians after teaching the gospel to those of the church in Antioch. So what does the term Christian infer....See 1 John 3:1

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.

The reason that claiming to be a Christian has a negative connotation within the discipline of science is because claiming to be a Christian is symptomatic of someone who lacks the love of the Father, according to what I read in the scriptures.

As I previously noted in the scripture, the disciples didn't begin calling themselves Christians but Paul and Barnabas were first called Christians after teaching the gospel to those of the church in Antioch. So what does the term Christian infer....See 1 John 3:1
Good point. I believe that the term Christian is ambiguous now. To me it means follower of Christ and believer of the full gospel including gifts of the Holy Spirit. To others it means born again whether put our faith into action or not. While again many believe it We can't do either without the other. Then there millions that think belonging to a pseudo Christian church qualifies with neither salvation or action. And then there was the RCC amoung many that used to teach that they were the only Christians on the planet So I started this thread to get some opinions among us here.

Thank you for sharing.

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
Says you. I have NEVER encountered anyone claiming to be a Christian who makes that claim.

Who are "they". Quote "them" directly so that your assertion is believable.
Obviously, They are the scoffers, as in Psalm 1:1.

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.

So if science is not a culture why do they have conventions? Culture in this context is not a derogatory term.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Um, no. The modern scientific culture (or at least parts of it) is actively and vigorously anti-Christian, rejecting as "religion" any hint of disagreement with the entrenched atheistic evolutionary agenda.

For evidence, watch the movie, "Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed". It's on YouTube.

Mission21

Pathfinder
Mar 12, 2019
Good point. I believe that the term Christian is ambiguous now. To me it means follower of Christ and believer of the full gospel including gifts of the Holy Spirit. To others it means born again whether put our faith into action or not. While again many believe it We can't do either without the other. Then there millions that think belonging to a pseudo Christian church qualifies with neither salvation or action. And then there was the RCC amoung many that used to teach that they were the only Christians on the planet So I started this thread to get some opinions among us here.

Thank you for sharing.
Good comment / post.
----
I still prefer to use 'Christian.'
- Especially, when I get into conversation with a seeker.. who is searching/have
questions.
- It might not be good idea.. to start with
" I am a protestant, born again, spirit-filled...etc. "
----
I am saying this from my experience.

Blessings,