Can a Saved Person

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Saul-to-Paul

Jun 5, 2017
(Can a saved person) Sin?
Paul said, no.
Romans 7:17,18 KJV
17 Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.

Confirmation:
1 John 3:9 KVJ
9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

2ndTimeIsTheCharm

Feb 17, 2023
Paul said, no.
Romans 7:17,18 KJV
17 Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.

Confirmation:
1 John 3:9 KVJ
9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

1 John 3:9 honestly confuses me. I do note that is says those that are "born of God" doesn't commit sin. But I've found myself to have committed sin even after I've accepted my Lord Jesus as Lord and Savior (though admittedly I've sinned less since by the power of the Holy Spirit).

So what does this verse mean? What does it mean to be "born of God". Was I born of God when I accepted Him as my Lord and Savior??? Or is this later? Because I do commit sins still (although God is helping me to overcome them one day at a time).

I hope someone explains this to me!

🏝️

Sep 2, 2024
1 John 3:9 honestly confuses me. I do note that is says those that are "born of God" doesn't commit sin. But I've found myself to have committed sin even after I've accepted my Lord Jesus as Lord and Savior (though admittedly I've sinned less since by the power of the Holy Spirit).

So what does this verse mean? What does it mean to be "born of God". Was I born of God when I accepted Him as my Lord and Savior??? Or is this later? Because I do commit sins still (although God is helping me to overcome them one day at a time).

🏝️
You commit sin, but they are not recognized in the eyes of God, by Jesus he washes them away.. Think of God which is outside of time and so your future sins are forgiven through the blood of Christ.

2ndTimeIsTheCharm

Feb 17, 2023
You commit sin, but they are not recognized in the eyes of God, by Jesus he washes them away.. Think of God which is outside of time and so your future sins are forgiven through the blood of Christ.

But it says those "born of God" do not commit sin. So I'm just wondering what the Bible means about that, not about what God recognizes or not.

🏝️

Aug 23, 2024

🏝️

this passage doesn't mean a sin done by mistake this refers to actively practicing sin.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Jesus does not allow the saved to sin.
That’s inconsistent with both Scripture and the experience of millions of Christians. Read Acts 15.

Webers.Home

May 28, 2018
Oregon
cfbac.org
1John 3:9 . . No one who is born of God practices sin, because His seed
abides in him; and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

That verse is commonly applied to born-again Christians, but in reality it's
not speaking of them at all, rather, it's speaking of God's paternal offspring,
and thus far He has only the one. (John 1:14, John 1:18, John 3:16, John
3:18, and 1John 4:9)

Born-again Christians are not related to God the same way Jesus is. Their
relationship with God is via His handiwork. i.e. they are creations (2Cor
5:17, Eph 2:10, Eph 4:24, Col 3:9-10) brought into God's family circle by
means of adoption. (Gal 4:5 & Eph 1:5)

So then, it's to be expected that born-again Christians would not be as
sinless as God's one and only direct descendant.

1John 1:8-10 . . If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and
the truth is not in us. If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a
liar, and His word is not in us.

The pronouns "we" and "ourselves" and "us" indicate that the writer included
himself in that verse. In other words; had John believed himself sinless, he
would've been not only delusional but also very mistaken.

NOTE: There is coming a day when all of God's family circle will be on a par
with Jesus' sinless perfection. I know that for sure because Jesus once said:
"I am the resurrection"
_