Can a So-Called Cafeteria Christian be a True Believer?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

AllenW

Apr 20, 2016
maybe you don't know him very well yet, but this guy is what you might call
"big on circles"

:rolleyes:
I think Spherical is the leader and the rest of us are his "Circle of friends".

Jan 9, 2016
Ephesians 2:8,9
[SUP]8[/SUP]For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; [SUP]9 [/SUP]not as a result of works, so that no one may boast.

Tell me where in these verses is Salvation based on believing every Divine Revelation from God?

All we see is Grace and Faith being required to receive Salvation and be with the Lord. So why Spherical are you adding your works to receiving Salvation?

You do know its by the Grace from God who has given us the Faith we need to receive Jesus as our Lord and Savior! Not believing every Divine Revelation from God.

By insisting we have to believe in every Divine Revelation from God to receive Salvation, you are teaching a Salvation by Works.

I have read everything you have said and its clear to me you are parroting something someone has told you and not what God has reveled to us in the Scriptures.

Now Spherical show is where God has said in the Scriptures that Salvation is based on believing what is in the Scriptures. Salvation is based only on believing Jesus is God and this belief was given to us from God. God has given us the Faith needed to believe in Him. Our Faith does not come from us, our Faith was given to us by God.
You are choosing to deny Christ's divine revelation to man in its totality. The punishment, for denying Christ's divine revelation to man in its totality, is absolutely dreadful.

G

Gr8grace

How many steps does it take to fall of the edge of the earth? A one, A two, a Thhhhhhhhreee?

The world may never know.

Mar 2, 2016
I think spherical is 420 friendly. I don't know, maybe it just helps me to think that he is only having fun......and he's pretty nice about in comparison to some. Lol........2+2=4 I guess. What say you Sphere?

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
I think Spherical is the leader
i think this view is a problem.

And you will realize what an evil thing you did in the eyes of the Lord when you asked for a king.
(1 Samuel 12:17)

Dec 9, 2011
He was doing real well In the thread about law and then he started this thread and just went left.

Last edited:

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
He was doing real well In the thread about law and then he started this thread and just went left.

circles are made up of a lot of left turns!

that's cool that he was doing well :)
i need to keep looking at people as fields with treasure in them -- maybe shoddy real estate on the whole, but worth paying the price for, because of what's hidden in there.
that's how Christ sees us -- He bought us at a very steep price, when it looked like bad business to do so.

Jan 9, 2016
I think it is about time this thread gets locked. This thread has been a somber testimony of certain people on this forum who refuse to believe Christ's divine revelation to man in its totality. You still have time accept the totality of Christ's divine revelation to man, so as to AVOID HELL. JESUS FORGIVE THEM FOR THEY KNOW NOT WHAT THEY DO. IN YOUR LORD NAME JESUS WE PAY. AMEN.

G

Gr8grace

Try to prove this thread wrong. Name 1 divine revelation from Christ you believe we don't have to believe.
None.

But there is only one that a person can deny that will condemn them. And it is not a revelation, it is a Who.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
this is what the Lord does for His friends

all that I have heard from my Father I have made known to you.
(John 15:15)

what do you do? do you do as the Lord does?
do you really follow Him if you see what He does, but you do not do what He does?
you may say that you do, but proof is in the pudding. people say a lot of things.

AllenW

Apr 20, 2016
GreatDebateOnline.gif Will Spherical win again against the entire forum or will someone rise to the occasion and top him?
Stay tuned for the final sequel of "The Great Debate".

Vdp

Banned
Nov 18, 2015
The Thief on the Cross did not have time to read and believe all the Divine Revelations in the Scriptures but yet Jesus said he would be with Him in Paradise.

Also the very fact you are using very big letters in red to try to convince us only you have the Truth shows your Pride is blinding your eyes to the Truth in the Scriptures.

I follow what the Holy Spirit says, i do not follow people like you who put themselves above the very Word of God.

God revealed to me He created everything. I believe Jesus created everything but i do not have to believe this to receive Salvation.

I could believe in Evolution and still receive Salvation by Faith.

Its not about rightly believing, its about accepting the Faith from God and accepting Jesus as my Lord and Savior. This is what the Thief on the Cross did.

Dec 9, 2011
Can you let us know 1 divine revelation from Christ you believe we don't have to believe?

I DIDN'T THINK SO. :p
Didn't the same GOD that spoke under the law,the same GOD that speaks under grace?

Are you doing those things GOD said to do under the law and also doing those things GOD said to do under grace?

A

AboundingGrace

The claim that all will go straight to hell if they don't believe the totality of Christ's divine revelation to man has no teeth.. for every Christian of every church lives by a larger or lesser expression of the Christian faith as written of throughout the Bible.

It is a theological fact of Christian churchianity.. yet, everyone of them claim to have the totality of Christ's divine revelation to man. Some even add that those denominations that don't believe exactly as they do, will go straight to hell.

However, there is no verse of scripture that they might give in support of their statement that will trump the well known verses that have within them, "Believe in Jesus and you shall be saved."

That, is all that is needed for a sinner to believe. That is what makes the difference between going to heaven, or going to hell. No other doctrine matters at that point. The rest of it can be taught after salvation. And no subsequent doctrines can override the assurance of salvation.

There is no Biblical law that allows for being excommunicated by any self appointed Christian taking authority over any other Christian.
The knife to the throat as it were, to agree or die, has no supremacy within Christianity.

A Christian does not have to believe certain doctrines in order to be assured of going to heaven when they die. In that sense, once saved - always saved, is true.

The only thing that I see in this thread of forcing the issue, is a game of sorts that is being played, perhaps to snare any Christian who is weak regarding the matter of their own salvation.

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
I think it is about time this thread gets locked. This thread has been a somber testimony of certain people on this forum who refuse to believe Christ's divine revelation to man in its totality. You still have time accept the totality of Christ's divine revelation to man, so as to AVOID HELL. JESUS FORGIVE THEM FOR THEY KNOW NOT WHAT THEY DO. IN YOUR LORD NAME JESUS WE PAY. AMEN.