What we think isn't important. It's what the bible says that we should follow.well it should be "yes" coz i think God create eve for adam tobe the helper. so i think God can use woman n men to preach n speak for His name amen
Well I have faith that the word of God is trueNO!
I am not assuming, I have FAITH that God is using that woman as a pastor, tuck. =======
natolator, like i said, 'prophesy' does not mean 'teach.' I can understand what you're saying and yes, it IS teaching by Huldah, but, it's prophesying, and, where she does prophesying in Chronicles is not in place of worship either.
'Course, it can be argued that 1 Timothy 2 is not speaking of a specific place of worship but is just telling people of Ephesus HOW to worship. It can be argued quite well ,too, as Truth . God says men should "LIFT HOLY HANDS EVERYWHERE..." And , 'everywhere' means a lot more than just a church setting, does it not![]()
Again, the Lord leads. But, it's His call on a woman to become a pastor that is without refute, He CAN do that.
But, prohesy? uh-uh. That is NOT teaching, it is predicting the future as God would have us relate to others.
Well I have faith that the word of God is trueAnd the word of God says that women are not to teach men. You can have your faith it what makes you happy, I'll have my faith in what the bible states.
You've given no verses supporting women pastors.
It would be assuming if I looked at a women, didn't have any reason to think what I though, and just was like "Yeah she's not being used".
I'm not doing that. I'm looking at a women, then looking at the word of God, and using his words to make my view on something! You are looking at the world and deciding what is and isn't true based on how you feel God acts. I am basing it off of how God says we should act.
The fact is we base our view off scripture, and you don't.
Please show scripture supporting your view.
And that means a verse supporting women teaching.
That's right, He can. But does He? God can drive a car. But does He?................God can USE anyone, who's you, me, ANYONE, to say that God is NOT using Angela, for example.............................
That's right, He can. But does He? God can drive a car. But does He?
I can prove God drives a car just like you can prove God ordains women to led a congregation.
You want it to be over? Provide the scripture tucksma asked for or quit conjecturing.
There, wasn't that easy to fix?![]()
YOU
JUST
DON'T
GET
IT,
DEAREST,
YOUNG,
TUCK.![]()
God can USE anyone, who's you, me, ANYONE, to say that God is NOT using Angela, for example.
Is Angela NOT called by God? Well, according to tuck, who is READING GOD's mind. But, tuck, you CAN'T do that!Because why? Because YOU ARE NOT Angela!!! She's a woman pastor, she's bringing people to Christ, she's under His authority .
![]()
C'mon, tuck, there is NO argument here. God CAN and WILL CALL a woman to be a pastor if it's to get His will accomplished.
As I said, Paul said, 'I,' we can agree that is Paul saying 'I,' can't we, tuck![]()
And, therefore, since we can agree that Paul is saying 'I,' he is NOT speaking that he is God. He's not prophesying anything FOR God, through God's 'thus saith.' He's not, tuck. He's speaking for Paul, and, he's speaking about women and, tuck, please, bro, GET THIS, it's a GENERAL RULE, granted, let's agree that Paul's got some wisdom here. YES, as I've said, in MOST churches, God's going be calling men, because Paul speaks of men as bishops, of men, who are not to be spoken over by the ladies or taught over. 'Over' = authority. Or, 'over' = chosen before.
Can't we be OVER this, tuck, like I said, you have a great PASSION for talking about things of the Lord and going by the bible is great, but, there are some things in Scripture that are absolutes, that means that under NO circumstances does God say something is to be done. For example, "Thou shalt not kill." Another, "Thou shalt not cover," and, another, "Love the Lord thy God with all your heart, body, soul, spirit, and, mind." These ARE absolutes. Women being CALLED by God to preach or teach men is NOT an absolute 'never' said by God. It's said by Paul, and, Paul could have an exception, too, he's human, he could see someone like "Phoebe," perhaps, who could lead a church as a pastor, from Romans 16, whom Paul commended as a 'deacon' in that church. Why not? I mean, your so hardline one this negative that you're just not allowing God to enter into your mind and let you know that God does say what He says in the bible and it's the Truth, however, He also says, believe it or not, that you do NOT "know my thoughts," "nor my ways." They are different and higher than ours, this from Isaiah 55, tuck, and, also, from 1 Cor. 2, God is clear, we can NOT know God's mind. We HAVE the mind of Christ, and, that simply means, still speaking of what's said in 1 Cor. 2, that we have SEEN Jesus Christ on Earth and can relate to Him, whom God sent here of Himself, who IS Himself, to show us who He is. Beautiful news ! He's like us ! But, He's also supreme, He's also infinitely more wise than you are, infininitely smarter than you are, tuck. And, you may want to think that Scripture is telling you that God will NEVER call a woman to pastor a church, but you are thinking for God, whose thoughts you will NEVER fully know; you will only know what God allows you to know. That goes for all of us, it works in a united way![]()
Still waiting for you to read God's mind. I've presented the Scripture, you just don't want to believe what I presented. Tuck, you cannot read God's mind. Period. You just can't .Still waiting on that scripture.....
Also don't ever accuse me of reading God's mind ever. I am not. I'm reading what he has given us in his word. The word is clear on this. By you saying it isn't absolute is reading God's mind, because it never says it isn't. Also if Paul had said this outside the bible, I'd agree that he could have made a mistake. Its in the bible though which we know is the INSPIRED WORD OF GOD. Every single word in the bible is God's word. There are no mistakes. By your logic we could say most of his letters aren't truth, because he was saying it not God. The fact it is in the bible makes it God's word.YOU
JUST
DON'T
GET
IT,
DEAREST,
YOUNG,
TUCK.![]()
God can USE anyone, who's you, me, ANYONE, to say that God is NOT using Angela, for example.
Is Angela NOT called by God? Well, according to tuck, who is READING GOD's mind. But, tuck, you CAN'T do that!Because why? Because YOU ARE NOT Angela!!! She's a woman pastor, she's bringing people to Christ, she's under His authority .
![]()
C'mon, tuck, there is NO argument here. God CAN and WILL CALL a woman to be a pastor if it's to get His will accomplished.
As I said, Paul said, 'I,' we can agree that is Paul saying 'I,' can't we, tuck![]()
And, therefore, since we can agree that Paul is saying 'I,' he is NOT speaking that he is God. He's not prophesying anything FOR God, through God's 'thus saith.' He's not, tuck. He's speaking for Paul, and, he's speaking about women and, tuck, please, bro, GET THIS, it's a GENERAL RULE, granted, let's agree that Paul's got some wisdom here. YES, as I've said, in MOST churches, God's going be calling men, because Paul speaks of men as bishops, of men, who are not to be spoken over by the ladies or taught over. 'Over' = authority. Or, 'over' = chosen before.
Can't we be OVER this, tuck, like I said, you have a great PASSION for talking about things of the Lord and going by the bible is great, but, there are some things in Scripture that are absolutes, that means that under NO circumstances does God say something is to be done. For example, "Thou shalt not kill." Another, "Thou shalt not cover," and, another, "Love the Lord thy God with all your heart, body, soul, spirit, and, mind." These ARE absolutes. Women being CALLED by God to preach or teach men is NOT an absolute 'never' said by God. It's said by Paul, and, Paul could have an exception, too, he's human, he could see someone like "Phoebe," perhaps, who could lead a church as a pastor, from Romans 16, whom Paul commended as a 'deacon' in that church. Why not? I mean, your so hardline one this negative that you're just not allowing God to enter into your mind and let you know that God does say what He says in the bible and it's the Truth, however, He also says, believe it or not, that you do NOT "know my thoughts," "nor my ways." They are different and higher than ours, this from Isaiah 55, tuck, and, also, from 1 Cor. 2, God is clear, we can NOT know God's mind. We HAVE the mind of Christ, and, that simply means, still speaking of what's said in 1 Cor. 2, that we have SEEN Jesus Christ on Earth and can relate to Him, whom God sent here of Himself, who IS Himself, to show us who He is. Beautiful news ! He's like us ! But, He's also supreme, He's also infinitely more wise than you are, infininitely smarter than you are, tuck. And, you may want to think that Scripture is telling you that God will NEVER call a woman to pastor a church, but you are thinking for God, whose thoughts you will NEVER fully know; you will only know what God allows you to know. That goes for all of us, it works in a united way![]()
Again please show one, just one, scripture supporting your view, specifically that women can pastor. His thoughts being higher than ours does not address women preaching. Other verses do though and clearly side with us. If you have a different one, please present it. If not please stop spreading your opinions, because they are not shown in the bible.
Also you still assume she is being used by God. Has God told you she is being used? I don't think so. He has told EVERYONE though that women should not teach men.
Verse saying women can pastor? Please do share.they are what God's words say
Verse saying women can pastor? Please do share.
I agree his thoughts are over mine, thats why I am leaning on his thoughts which are given through Paul as a vessel. Paul is saying I do not, but the fact that it is in the bible shows this is how God feels as well. These words he spoke were INSPIRED BY GOD."I suffer not a woman to teach or have authority over a man but to be silent."
I=Paul. Paul, my dear friend, tuck, is NOT God.
True, OK, Paul is making it clear, from HIS POINT OF VIEW, a woman should NOT be in charge of teaching men or having authority over a man in the church. That's something churches SHOULD keep in mind, and, Paul's reasoning is clear, too. Man was created first, and, also, Eve (woman) was "deceived,' not Adam .
Great. The 'but to be silent' is interesting, too. It really does parallel with 1 Cor. 14:34-35.
"A woman is to learn in submission and quietness," asking her husband at home. This, then, would make 1 Tim. 2:11-12 verses closely related, and, certainly, Paul said those words, too.
A woman is "...but to be silent." Isn't this an interesting way to end the verse? To me, it's speaking of the same thing as 1 Cor. 14:34-35, a little variation, perhaps, but, not much. A woman is to not talk over the person who is the pastor in the church.
Anyway, we can argue that point and many others, but, you NEED to listen to this next part, tuck
------------------------------------------
The verse that says that a woman CAN be called to pastor a church is overRIDING all other verses in Scripture, two of them, actually.
You can't see that Isaiah 55 and 1 Corinthians 2 say that we can NOT know what God is thinking, or, hence, what God is thinking to do to accomplish His will.
I'm not going to repeat them, I've said them a lot already, you're just not listening. That's OK, the Lord teaches us ALL Truth through Him, who is in us. The Holy Spirit will show you what's been shown me and many others in 'His due time,' just like the bible says will happen.![]()