Can Anyone Of You By Worrying ( Matthew:6 )

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

DustyRhodes

Dec 30, 2016
Add A Single Hour To Your Life,

I believe Jesus is talking about superficial worry like
little things. Sometimes through no fault of our own
we get dazed and confused about life and even if
things are going well, we get overwhelmed by things
that cause anxiety and misunderstanding. I believe
things like that can actually be very harmful if we are
not diligent in correcting them. Little things seem to
come and go without any action from us but the ones
where we awaken to very confusing thoughts that are
on our mind that we feel we will never fix. Those are
the ones I believe Jesus wants us to pray more and
attach ourselves to Him more to help our understanding.
Many things are out of our control and it is like getting
hit with a truck, we suffer with injury. Those leave scars
but we forget about them but mental injury is more
difficult and on those we really need to live in God. Many
things might take even months or more but we need to
rely in God always.

M

morefaithrequired

Little things like not having enough money? now or in the future?
that one obsesses me. no amount of praying will cure it unfort.

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
That scripture comes up a lot in my life. I almost look at it legally as to why "I was not worrying".

I don't think this is exactly futile. Worry, anxiety, concern, burdens can all commingle in some fashion that it is important to discern baselessness... anxiety that is predicated on lack of trust...and valid "needs".

Certainly something I haven't arrived in for sure

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
I'd be lying if I said...I never fret, never get sad, never have lazy moments, never get anxious, or insecure, never get super lonely. However, I know my Lord knows my weaknesses and I pray He has mercy, as I seek to lean into His strength.

I still do my very best to focus on Phil 4:4-9 and seek to grow.

For I am but a lamb in my Shepherd's hands.

DustyRhodes

Dec 30, 2016
Little things like not having enough money? now or in the future?
that one obsesses me. no amount of praying will cure it unfort.
well that can be true but at the same time no amount of
worry will cue it either.

DustyRhodes

Dec 30, 2016
That scripture comes up a lot in my life. I almost look at it legally as to why "I was not worrying".

I don't think this is exactly futile. Worry, anxiety, concern, burdens can all commingle in some fashion that it is important to discern baselessness... anxiety that is predicated on lack of trust...and valid "needs".

Certainly something I haven't arrived in for sure
well we should never give up

laughingheart

Sep 21, 2016
Thank you for this post. I will admit that anxiety can creep into my life. A couple of years ago I was part of a biblical journaling group. It was four women whose lives would not have normally intersected. One of the things that amazed us was how many times we prayed about worry and anxiety and how many times, when we read our verses for the day, they addressed worry and anxiety. There were constant encouragements in scripture. It left us all a little in awe. Sometimes life feels like I am racing down a road with no brakes. I am grateful that He has things in hand. Your post was a timely reminder.

M

morefaithrequired

"Look at the birds. they neither sow nor reap."
I look at my dog and actually envy his unfazed demeanour. If I could just emulate that .... 😁

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
Thank you for this post. I will admit that anxiety can creep into my life. A couple of years ago I was part of a biblical journaling group. It was four women whose lives would not have normally intersected. One of the things that amazed us was how many times we prayed about worry and anxiety and how many times, when we read our verses for the day, they addressed worry and anxiety. There were constant encouragements in scripture. It left us all a little in awe. Sometimes life feels like I am racing down a road with no brakes. I am grateful that He has things in hand. Your post was a timely reminder.
This is a great idea. I'd like that. It would be so loving, transparent and useful to our faith.

DustyRhodes

Dec 30, 2016
I'd be lying if I said...I never fret, never get sad, never have lazy moments, never get anxious, or insecure, never get super lonely. However, I know my Lord knows my weaknesses and I pray He has mercy, as I seek to lean into His strength.

I still do my very best to focus on Phil 4:4-9 and seek to grow.

For I am but a lamb in my Shepherd's hands.
certainly none of us is perfect but if we stop praying will not
get us there either. I sometimes wished my life was perfect
yet at the same time who knows it could have been worse if i was,
:D
God bless you warmly and I'm glad your brakes are working.

laughingheart

Sep 21, 2016
This is a great idea. I'd like that. It would be so loving, transparent and useful to our faith.
A journaling group is wonderful because you gather, read scripture, and write. Write down what stands out to you, and any questions. You all share and discuss. You pray together and encourage each other with the scripture. It is wonderful to gather and not need to buy books for a group or sit and listen to one person teach. The bible is the teacher. Everyone is worthy of sharing and being supported. It is very meaningful.