Can family in the same house join CC?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
D

Depleted

If people live in the same house, and have the same Internet access, (I don't know if that makes it the same IP address or not), can more than one join this site, without it ever be thought of as multiple accounts from one user?

U

Ugly

IP addresses are down to the individual device (for example if you have two laptops they each have an IP address).
But even if accounts were accessed on one device, unless there were a reason for them to suspect anything i doubt they would even check or know. It would be no different than two young siblings both using CC, or a married couple each with an account.

T

Tinuviel

They probably have to have separate email addresses. I don't know about this, but that is usually the case. (and of course separate user names :p).

D

Depleted

Doh! (Again!) I was really asking if it was okay to ask hubby to join, (he probably won't anyway, just because he doesn't do forums), and was thinking it might cause concerns. And yet, now in the light of day, I remember there are couples on here already.

Scary thought. I keep thinking my best thinking is done at night. Apparently not. lol

Thanks!

D

Depleted

They probably have to have separate email addresses. I don't know about this, but that is usually the case. (and of course separate user names :p).
Actually, I was thinking of OldeThanNew, who is a couple with one account.

Feb 7, 2015
Actually, I was thinking of OldeThanNew, who is a couple with one account.
And does it ever make things confusing. Especially because they don't identify themselves as either Mr. or Mrs. doing the talking at any particular time.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
JustMe was a husband and wife using one account for several years. Then they got banned..

D

Depleted

And does it ever make things confusing. Especially because they don't identify themselves as either Mr. or Mrs. doing the talking at any particular time.
I'm getting pretty good figuring out who is talking now. Admittedly, it takes a long time. lol

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
It in no way violates our rules for multiple persons in the same house to be registered users. In the past we have had entire families (mom, dad, and kids) all registered. We do, however, require that each user have their own account.