Can God be tempted? How well do we truly know Jesus Christ?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Yahshua

Sep 22, 2013
Well, isn't it? Thoughts are actions of the brain, which is part of the physical body. Not all physical things involve movement or muscles.
I suppose one could make an argument for such but as it stands the meaning of the word physical is distinct from something of the mind.

Physical -

1. relating to the body as opposed to the mind.

2. relating to things perceived through the senses as opposed to the mind; tangible or concrete.

Definitions from Oxford Languages

Dec 22, 2021
"While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal." (2Cor 4:18, KJV)

Our present bodies here on earth are temporal, only for our pilgrimage here; but, the spiritual matters are eternal. Which is the more critical to have assurance about in your future?

If you need a complicated heart surgery, do you consider going to just any Tom, Dick or Harry who says he has truly studied the matter and knows how to operate, or do you seek out the most qualified, educated and experienced surgeon to perform the operation?

I want a licensed surgeon who follows established, recognized practices in the medical field and has the certificates, documents, certifications and experience to show his competence. So, why would I ever consider following and believing just anyone for my eternal state of existence? I'm amazed at how so-called Christians reject the teachings of the Ecumenical Creeds accepted as true teaching, embraced by all branches of the Church! Not only this, people are rejecting the unanimity of agreement that exists among the major Confessions and Catechisms coming out of the Protestant Reformation.

It appears that apostacy pervades the churches of today, not just the liberal churches, but also those claiming to be conservative 'Bible-believing' churches.

"By day and by night you blunder on, you and the prophet with you. Your nation is brought to ruin; want of knowledge has been the ruin of my people. As you have rejected knowledge, so will I reject you as a priest to me. As you have forsaken the teaching of God, so will I, your God, forsake your children." (Hos 4:5-6, REB)

"But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a dedicated nation, a people claimed by God for his own, to proclaim the glorious deeds of him who has called you out of darkness into his marvellous light." (1Pet 2:9, REB)

Today we are in situation similar to what is described in the book of Judges:

Seven times it is stated in Judges(REB), Israel "did what was wrong in the eyes of the Lord"
versus
The book of Judges closes with this verse: "In those days there was no king in Israel; everyone did what was right in his own eyes." (Judg 21:25, REB)

A man's eternal state is not a place for individualism in his belief!