Can I change reality with my words?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 28, 2016
sister, it's an Holy challenge, one that our Saviour demands of us...after a while, different whiles
for different people, wonderful things begin to happen...:):)

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
Am not a fan of Tilton or types like him either. But, I do agree with Deade's post and his spirit. I believe Holy Spirit would tell him not to judge another mans ministry. It will hinder your own. That's what I heard. ;)

Plus Paul said...

15 Some indeed preach Christ even of envy and strife; and some also of good will:

16 The one preach Christ of contention, not sincerely, supposing to add affliction to my bonds:

17 But the other of love, knowing that I am set for the defence of the gospel.
To Live Is Christ

18 What then? notwithstanding, every way, whether in pretence, or in truth, Christ is preached; and I therein do rejoice, yea, and will rejoice.

19 For I know that this shall turn to my salvation through your prayer, and the supply of the Spirit of Jesus Christ,

Fits in my thinking anyway.

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
Wasn't trying to start a memory verse competition.

Neither did I say I believe in that sort of teaching. I was looking to gain understanding on the matter. Not insult.

No wonder the scripture says if we lack knowledge, we should ask God because he gives freely and without reproach.

There is no memory verse competition. Instead, you distorted and twisted the Word of God. You made it say something it didn't.

Anyone can easily put a few key words in a google search, with the word Bible after it. You will find every verse, usually one, where those occur. Then, copy and paste it, and put it in your post! It takes about a minute to do. I don't know the whole Bible by memory, although I do have a lot memorized. So, I do this all the time. No genius or amazing memory feats required. (And I do tell people to do this, all the time, too!)

Oh, I detest Word Faith as a lie from the pit of hell. It is all about half truths and twisting Scripture. So, you come on here, asking about it, with bad quotations and no addresses, how do you think I am going to respond?

To me, people who misquote verses, don't care what they actually say, whether Word Faith or anything else, have a very low view of Scripture. So yes, it is that serious to me!

PS. I was sure you were asking about it, because you just wanted to know more, one way or the other. But, there is no way I will not warn people about that heresy. I've have had friends die because they claimed a healing, and others give their life savings, ($50,000) for a 100 fold return, and they got nothing back!

I apologize if I offended you, in my zeal!

FlyingDove

Dec 27, 2017
A few examples I found:

Genesis 1: 9 times, God said & He saw, God said & He saw, God said & He saw, God said & He saw, God said & He saw, God said & He saw, God said & He saw, God said & He saw, God said & He saw. And a world was born.

Proverbs 18:4 The ""words"" of a man's mouth are as deep waters, and the wellspring of wisdom as a flowing brook.

Psalms 51:15 O Lord, open thou my ""lips""; and my ""mouth"" shall shew forth thy ""praise""

Psalms 69:30 I will ""praise"" the name of God with a song, and will magnify him with thanksgiving

Psalms 103:19-21 His angels, that excel in strength, that do his commandments ""hearkening unto the voice"" of his word

Job 22:28 ""Decree"" a thing, and it shall be established unto thee: and the light shall shine upon thy ways.

Jesus via Faith SPOKE to a fig tree, SPOKE to the wind, SPOKE to raging waters, SPOKE to fish & loves, SPOKE to sickness, SPOKE to disease, SPOKE to demons, SPOKE to death. All obeyed his SPOKEN commands.

Matthew 7:7 (A) Jesus said, ""Ask"" and it shall be given you;

Matt 17:20 Jesus said to them, truly, I say to you, if you have faith like a grain of mustard seed, you will "say" to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there, and it will move, and nothing will be impossible for you.”
(NOTE: In my opinion, MOUNTAIN = any problem, no matter how big)

Matt 21:22 Jesus said, And all things, whatsoever ye shall ""ask"" in prayer, believing, ye shall receive.
John 14:13 Jesus said, whatsoever ye shall ""ask"" in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son

John 6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I ""speak"" unto you, they are spirit, and they are life. (NOTE: The Lord Himself ""said"" WORDS ""spoken"" are spirit & life)

2 Cor 4:13 We having the same spirit of faith, according as it is written, I believed, and therefore have I ""spoken"" we also believe, and therefore ""speak""
(NOTE: A reference to Psalm 116:10. Where King David ""said"" I believed, therefore have I ""spoken"")

Hebrews 13:15 By him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of our ""lips"" giving thanks to his name.

Rom 10:8 The word is near you, even in your ""mouth""

Rom 10:9 (A) That if thou shalt ""confess"" with thy ""mouth"" the Lord Jesus

Rom 10:10 (B) with the ""mouth"" confession is made unto salvation.

Rom 10:12 (B) for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that ""call"" upon him.

Rom 10:13 For whosoever shall ""call"" upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Rom 10:17 Faith comes by hearing = ""Spoken"" words

Proverbs 18:21 Death and life are in the power of the ""tongue"": and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof.

To the OP question: Can I change reality with my words? I'm gonna say YES!

MJ1

Jan 22, 2019
Can I change reality with my words?

The answer can be either yes or no, it depends on your motive. If you are trying to change reality for personal gains or gains of the flesh it may be a throw of the dice. However, if your words are aligned with God's perfect will that He has for you the answer would be yes.

By the words of one's mouth, reality can change. For example, if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. For the Scripture says, “Whoever believes on Him will not be put to shame.” For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek, for the same Lord over all is rich to all who call upon Him. For “whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved” (Romans 10:9-13 NKJV).

The reality that is then changed is that one will have step from death into life, or moves from darkness into light.

This change in reality brings God's will into our lives. So, what is the will of God? God assumes responsibility for telling you what it is; however, you must assume responsibility for doing what He says. It is in the character of God that you know His will; not only is it in His character it is in the promises of God.

God reveals His will through his word – it will give you direction for every single area of your life. God also provides direction through counsel of others, and within our conscience state by the power of the Holy Spirit.

Peace is God's big signal in helping us to determine if we are in line with His will - “And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus” Phil.4:7.

Now this is the confidence that we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. And if we know that He hears us, whatever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we have asked of Him 1 John 5:14-15

Remember that God will not expect you to do anything, which He has not made the provisions for. Therefore, if it is a car that is required it will be provided, but only if it is in His will in accordance to the work that He has set before you.

Thus, if I speak and it doesn’t happen, I should ask myself if I’m following God’s will?

Hevosmies

Sep 8, 2018
Lets see if i can change reality by typing:

Everyone who reads this will agree with me that coffee is better than tea.

M

Miri

There is no memory verse competition. Instead, you distorted and twisted the Word of God. You made it say something it didn't.

Anyone can easily put a few key words in a google search, with the word Bible after it. You will find every verse, usually one, where those occur. Then, copy and paste it, and put it in your post! It takes about a minute to do. I don't know the whole Bible by memory, although I do have a lot memorized. So, I do this all the time. No genius or amazing memory feats required. (And I do tell people to do this, all the time, too!)

Oh, I detest Word Faith as a lie from the pit of hell. It is all about half truths and twisting Scripture. So, you come on here, asking about it, with bad quotations and no addresses, how do you think I am going to respond?

To me, people who misquote verses, don't care what they actually say, whether Word Faith or anything else, have a very low view of Scripture. So yes, it is that serious to me!

PS. I was sure you were asking about it, because you just wanted to know more, one way or the other. But, there is no way I will not warn people about that heresy. I've have had friends die because they claimed a healing, and others give their life savings, ($50,000) for a 100 fold return, and they got nothing back!

I apologize if I offended you, in my zeal!

I know a married couple whose 14 year old daughter developed scoliosis.
Hunch back due to mis alignment of the spine. It’s awful it puts pressure on the
lungs, causes back and shoulder ache and spams due to poor posture. She can’t sit
or stand up straight.

The parents are WOF people and were convinced she would be healed and that by her
healing, miracles would start to happen in the church. As a result they refused to allow her
to have the surgery to correct the problem.

The surgery is no picnic and has it’s own dangers it involves splinting the spine with
metal rods, almost like fitting scaffolding to the spine. But the earlier it’s done the
easier it is and the better the results, before the body becomes too twisted and
other problems occur like damaged and scarring to the lungs, muscle problems etc.

Anyway we are now 8 years gone, the daughter is now a young woman. She has not been
spontaneously healed despite their daily prayers and insistance God will heal her.
She had to drop out of art college as she cannot sit for long, she cannot work as she is
more disabled than ever.

Doctors are saying they can still operate but it will be much more difficult and the increased
chances of more complications and now the daughter is too scared to go through with
it now that she can make her own decisions. She is very much still influenced by her
parents.

She still lives at home, it’s unlikely she could live independently due to her
disability but her parents won’t be around for ever.

Those same parents who refused to allow her to have crucial surgery. They even went so
far as to hide hospital letters from her even when she was old enough to deal with her
own letters. Letters regarding hospital apppintments which she missed as a result.

This all came to light when another friend had a dream about a letter which could not be
delivered and she told the daughter who was 18 by then. It all came out and the parents
admitted they had been hiding letters from her.

Can God heal her, yes He can. Will He, well we don’t know.
People also don’t seem to realise that God uses others to heal as well, people like
doctors, surgeons, mental health workers, etc.

Her parents still think God will heal their Daughter and all they have to do is keep
declaring her healing and prayer. They have now got it into their head that their
daughter is going to be a missionary to Japan. The reason being is that she became
interesting in learning another language and decided to pick Japanese.

So the parents think this means she will become this massive missionary and that
somehow her poor twisted back and bent body has something to do with that.

They change their story each time something different happens in their lives.

They rebuke anyone who tries to tell them they made a mistake and maybe they need to
look at what is available medical. They left our church (the one which was supposedly
going to have revival due to their daughter being healed). They got offended when
people kept saying they should consider medical intervention.

The older the daughter gets the harder it will be to correct the problem until medically it
will be impossible and the damage done to other parts of her body will be irreparable.
All in the name of WOF.

The daughter is such a beautiful talented person, amazing at art but she cannot sit up for
longer than 20 mins at a time. She can’t work, needs help just to get dressed etc.

Such a waste.

Feb 28, 2016
JUDE 1:5.
I will therefore put you in remembrance, though you once knew this, how that The Lord,
having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed them that believed not.

REV. 2:2-3.
I know your works, and your labour, and your patience, and how you can not bear them which are evil:
and you have tried them which say they are apostles, and are not, and have found them liars -
And have borne, and have patience, and for My Name's sake have laboured, and have not fainted.

2:17.
He that has an ear, let him hear what The Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcomes
will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written,
which no man knows saving he that receives it.

LUKE 7:23.
And blessed is he, whosoever shall not be offended in Me.

K

Kim82

There is nothing impossible with God. He can do anything. Would have loved to see how he parted the sea, and moses and the children of Israel went over on dry land. Magnificent! Awesome!

Has God stopped doing great things?

K

Kim82

You're just seeking an argument. You're a show off. I'm not even debating anything, just wanted to have a discussion.

Don't bother to quote me, I won't response. Not interested in this argument.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Has God stopped doing great things?
God has not stopped doing great things, but they simply do not appear to be great to those who are seeking signs and wonders.

Do you recall the final words of Christ before He ascended to Heaven? And do you recall what mandate has been given to the Church? And do you recall that there is joy in Heaven over one sinner who repents?

God is adding to the Church daily those who should be saved, and for the present that constitutes the great things of God. Every new birth is a miracle. But there are also daily miracles in other spheres, although they are not dazzling signs and wonders.

However, since we are approaching the Second Coming of Christ, it is Satan who will be bringing signs and wonders to this earth in order to deceive people and bring them to damnation when he and the Antichrist take control for 3 1/2 years.

2 THESSALONIANS 2
7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.
8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:
9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,
10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

REVELATION 13
11 And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon.
12 And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed.
13 And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men,
14 And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.
15 And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.

K

Kim82

I really wish we could have stayed on the simple topic I wanted to discuss. But now I'm confused more than ever on this issue :(

K

Kim82

You people know a lot of scripture. I commend you. But you don't know how to teach anyone anything :(

7seasrekeyed

no surprises here

NayborBear

Banned Serpent Seed Heresy
ok, well, I do have a problem with this response Deade

if we are to discern and know if something is from God or not, then how does the Holy Spirit supposedly say it was none of your business?

yeah

I'm not agreeing with this post at all. there is a difference between attacking something and understanding that that something is not from God and proceeding with that knowledge

tell you what. if someone is preaching something that is clearly NOT in the Bible I want to know. God has never said to me that it is none of my business

I am well aware of how we approach God and we do not TELL God what to do. we can question Him all we want...He has a very big chest for us to beat our fists on....and enough compassion to hold them, look us in the eye and remind us that He is well aware

my best understanding of why certain things are not answered, or why seeming evil has the upper hand or why God allows such hard things or times is that we either missed a warning along the way, overrode it or we cannot comprehend or would we understand even if God sat in our living room and explained it to us

that may be over the heads of some, but I suspect some will nod in agreement

but God has never said that I am aware of, in scripture or to anyone that I know, that something that bothered or concerned us is none of our business. oh He might say do not say those things...and there are plenty of reasons in scripture not to 'say some things', but we do not have the authority to say and create reality.

what we believe does affect our reality, but that should be obvious. I probably sound like I am teaching here myself so I guess I'll stop

gotta say....kind of left shaking my head at this one :unsure:

I knew I had read somewheres that Jesus did say something "to the effect", that a matter was none of someone's business.
John 21
19 This spake he, signifying by what death he should glorify God. And when he had spoken this, he saith unto him, Follow me.
20 Then Peter, turning about, seeth the disciple whom Jesus loved following; which also leaned on his breast at supper, and said, Lord, which is he that betrayeth thee?
21 Peter seeing him saith to Jesus, Lord, and what shall this man do?
22 Jesus saith unto him, If I will that he tarry till I come, what is that to thee? follow thou me. ;)

7seasrekeyed

I knew I had read somewheres that Jesus did say something "to the effect", that a matter was none of someone's business.
John 21
19 This spake he, signifying by what death he should glorify God. And when he had spoken this, he saith unto him, Follow me.
20 Then Peter, turning about, seeth the disciple whom Jesus loved following; which also leaned on his breast at supper, and said, Lord, which is he that betrayeth thee?
21 Peter seeing him saith to Jesus, Lord, and what shall this man do?
22 Jesus saith unto him, If I will that he tarry till I come, what is that to thee? follow thou me. ;)

sigh

that does not apply to being a good Berean

that is the equivalent of someone asking about another persons' personal business

Peter gives me the impression he liked to stick his nose where it didn't belong

I hope you didn't wear yourself out there :unsure::LOL:

(I'm familiar with that one)

NayborBear

Banned Serpent Seed Heresy
sigh

that does not apply to being a good Berean

that is the equivalent of someone asking about another persons' personal business

Peter gives me the impression he liked to stick his nose where it didn't belong

I hope you didn't wear yourself out there :unsure::LOL:

(I'm familiar with that one)

Forgive me for intruding in your "cat fight!" :)

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
they way my wife and I rely on absolutely everything that we do day-by-day,,, - is we listen/obey to The Holy Spirit's guidance
upon our brand-new hearts/spirits/minds, - and not on our old carnal desires' - this makes our lives so much easier
and totally without 'worldly-stress'...:):) n.b.s here, brothers and sisters., there's simple 'NO OTHER WAY'
to find The Peace/Assurance of God, our Holy Saviour'!!!
I try to do exactly what you do each day following the Holy Spirit's guidance. Don't always succeed but I do talk to God all day long like in a normal conversation. I have work to do on the worldly-stress aspect though but each day I start with a clean slate and take it from there.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Huh I had to look up what is the word faith movement about, lol. seems some dude came up with it E. W Kenyon out of the Pentecostal movement in the late 20th century,

how many movements are there geees.
I never heard of the 'word of faith'.