Can I change reality with my words?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jan 12, 2019
his death, burial and resurrection is a miracle. So in order to believe in God, you needed a sign.

Even though we were not there when it happened, its still a sign for us.
But how did you know that Jesus did walked on Earth, how do you know he did rise from the dead? How did you know all these things really did happen?

You read some account of it from books right? And you put your faith on what you read or heard. That, in the words of Jesus, is faith John 20:29

Sep 3, 2016
If I want a car can I go to the dealership, place my hand on a car and say, I'm declaring that this car will be mine's RIGHT NOW!

The bible says:

there is power and life in the tongue.

If I tell the mountain to be cast in the sea, it will happen.

When the children of Israel were going through the wilderness, God came near their tents and heard them saying Moses took them in the wilderness to die. God said it will be done just as they have said. And only their children will see the promised land.

How do you guys feel on this matter?
Who can speak and have it happen if the LORD has not decreed it? Lamentations 3:37

It is what "the LORD commands," not man!

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Yea not our words, His word.

In the past, God did speak through his prophets but in the last days God spoke through His son. See Hebrews chapter one.

When we are given the gift of the holy spirit, he gives us utterance we can speak...magnifying His name, prophesy, bind and loose spirits..but only accordng to His will. We can be given other gifts of the spirit like healing, interpretation, helps, etc.

We cant just say any old thing and expect God to perform a miracle. Eg say we want a car right now, is that even in Gods will? Did He actually tell you that He was going to give you one or is it just your flesh desiring one.

Elijah was told to speak to the dry bones and they lived. moses was told to speak to the rock and the water would gush out. God did speak and our universe was created. JEsus is the Word. When we speak about Jesus yes we can change reality meaning lives will he saved because of the gospel. HIs word does not return back empty and will accomplish the thing for which it is sent.

Hope this helps. WOF is a strange doctrine, some of it is biblical but some of it is not. Be discerning. I knew WOF adherants that were sucked into it and they just didnt want to be honest about anything because they were scared if their confession was not 'positive' then negative things would happen. So they would rather lie than be what they thought was negative.
Weird.

blueluna5

Jul 30, 2018
I think you're referring to the law of attraction.

From my experience there is an element of truth. I'm not sure how far it goes.

I did create a collage as a child of everything I wanted as an adult for school. When I took it out as an adult, everything on it came true. Family with a son, Teacher, etc. I also did a picture of what I would look like and had glasses on me. Literally the exact.same.glasses I wear as an adult. Kinda freaky lol They call that a vision board nowadays apparently.

When I lucid dream I can call anything into existence for the most part. I cannot change some things...the place and the energy of others (whether they are angry or kind). I assume life is similar. Of course it's by the power of Jesus who is within.

Now...the part of the law I don't agree with is that like attracts like. So God has no choice but to give according to their faith? We would all have nothing. Lol

People take it to the extreme. life is suffering at times. There is a season for everything. To say someone called to existence their suffering is cruel and frankly not true in a lot of cases. It can add insult to injury.

K

Kim82

Start reading at start of page 5
Chapter 5 of revelation?
so you did not get the car? Would that make your claim false? why not?
I did not make any claims. But I've heard preachers saying they did such things and it worked. Are all of their claims lies from the pit of hell, simply to get money? Or have some of them and others actually did so and it worked out for them. Not at all times to gain material possessions but also with healing the sick etc.

By the way, is there something wrong with material possessions? I'm not talking about being rich and greedy. But just to keep a roof over your head, feed your child, being able to purchase medication, just basic stuff that the poor can't do. Oh boy I'm with Solomon on this one: Proverbs 30:8-9
give me neither poverty nor riches,
but give me only my daily bread.
Otherwise, I may have too much and disown you
and say, ‘Who is the Lord?’

Budman

Mar 9, 2014
I did not make any claims. But I've heard preachers saying they did such things and it worked. Are all of their claims lies from the pit of hell, simply to get money? Or have some of them and others actually did so and it worked out for them. Not at all times to gain material possessions but also with healing the sick etc.

Once again, why are you here? Why aren't you going to every hospital you can and "declare" all in them to be healed?

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
There is nothing impossible with God. He can do anything. Would have loved to see how he parted the sea, and moses and the children of Israel went over on dry land. Magnificent! Awesome!

Has God stopped doing great things?
Actually, He has never stopped doing great things. There are definite miracles happening all over the world, they don't get advertised by the secular press. These people here the Word for the first time and take it for what it says. Mk 16:17 '...and these signs shall follow them that BELIEVE; they SHALL cast out devils, speak w/new tongues, lay hands on the sick and they shall recover...'. Doubt fights Faith. I have prayed over my washing machine when it konked out and it threw out a piece of clothing stuck in the spinner. God blessed me w/a classic car last yr, a 2000 Ford Lincoln w/low mileage. God gave me favor and it was tacked on to a loan I owe later bc I didn't have the cash at the time. Countless other things Praise God. God has blessed believers w/many promises and He doesn't lie. Why some prayers aren't answered isn't God's fault. Jn 14:12 "Whoever BELIEVES in me will do the works I have been doing and GREATER works shall He do bc I go the Father'. That's what I believe.

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
Once again, why are you here? Why aren't you going to every hospital you can and "declare" all in them to be healed?
Did God call her to do that, I don't think she said that.

Jan 12, 2019
This common rebuke is really silly.

God's will is for all to be saved 2 Pet. 3:9 , likewise, why aren't we going into every nation and declare that all to be saved?

Its also takes faith on the part of those unsaved, to get saved, and God does not override your will there. Its the same regarding healing. You will be surprised to know how many people believe that "they deserve to be sick"

K

Kim82

When we speak about Jesus yes we can change reality meaning lives will he saved because of the gospel
Aside from lives being saved, will nothing else happen?

I've struggled with self esteem issues. But the word of God has taught me that what matters is the heart and not outward appearances. I've meditated on such scriptures and my outlook began to change.

The Bible has practical rules in there for everyday living and every and anything that concerns us, so it's not just about being saved.

Will anyone who goes out to evangelise and sees someone who is sick, will they say to the person: be saved but may you continue being sick. Or will you tell the person that all things are possible when you believe in God? That is to say, God can heal you if it's His will.

K

Kim82

You're just being ridiculous, and have nothing worthwhile to add to the discussion.

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
Can God heal her, yes He can. Will He, well we don’t know.
People also don’t seem to realise that God uses others to heal as well, people like
doctors, surgeons, mental health workers, etc.
I have received healing from God, but more often I have received healing through medicine. When I had my knees replaced, they marveled how well I bounced back given my age. I did not tell them I prayed for over 5 years for God to grow me new ones in a miracle. We have to do things the way God wants. So god heals but He uses medicine and doctors also. :cool:

Budman

Mar 9, 2014
This common rebuke is really silly.

God's will is for all to be saved 2 Pet. 3:9 , likewise, why aren't we going into every nation and declare that all to be saved?

Its also takes faith on the part of those unsaved, to get saved, and God does not override your will there. Its the same regarding healing. You will be surprised to know how many people believe that "they deserve to be sick"
Oh, please. The claim is all one has to do is "declare" something for it to be so. Saying one's "words" makes it a reality. Either for possessions, money, or even healing. Read Kim's posts. I'm taking it to it's logical conclusion.

And your excuse is the same one faith healers use when the person they "declare" healing for does not get healed.

"Well, it looks like you just didn't have enough faith!"

It sure would be nice to have medical verification of anyone actually healed by say, Benny Hinn, or any one of the other hucksters

I'm not saying God does not heal, but this "claim" or "declare" it nonsense is sickening.

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
Will anyone who goes out to evangelise and sees someone who is sick, will they say to the person: be saved but may you continue being sick. Or will you tell the person that all things are possible when you believe in God? That is to say, God can heal you if it's His will.
I wouldn't even add that last sentence. It would be akin to sowing doubt. I just obey scripture and anoint the sick with sanctified olive oil and pray for their healing. The word says He will bring it.

James 5:14, 15 "Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord: And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him."

If we believe nothing will happen, nothing will. I have learned there are many paths to healing, death is one of them. A person could die and still be saved, right? With the Elijah movement approaching: Every night I pray that God finds faith in the earth when He returns. I also pray He puts His words into our mouths and back them up with signs and wonders. Won't you join me in this prayer? :):cool:

K

Kim82

Actually, He has never stopped doing great things. There are definite miracles happening all over the world, they don't get advertised by the secular press. These people here the Word for the first time and take it for what it says. Mk 16:17 '...and these signs shall follow them that BELIEVE; they SHALL cast out devils, speak w/new tongues, lay hands on the sick and they shall recover...'. Doubt fights Faith. I have prayed over my washing machine when it konked out and it threw out a piece of clothing stuck in the spinner. God blessed me w/a classic car last yr, a 2000 Ford Lincoln w/low mileage. God gave me favor and it was tacked on to a loan I owe later bc I didn't have the cash at the time. Countless other things Praise God. God has blessed believers w/many promises and He doesn't lie. Why some prayers aren't answered isn't God's fault. Jn 14:12 "Whoever BELIEVES in me will do the works I have been doing and GREATER works shall He do bc I go the Father'. That's what I believe.
Amen. Thanks for your inspiring words, and phrases be unto God for all your spiritual and physical blessings.

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
And, yet it has been 2,000 years since the Cross and no Mountain has jumped into the water. Why is that?]

The word mountain means looming up. I think Jesus was using an illustration to make a point. Perhaps it was a problem of life that loomed up and it seemed an impossibility to move. that He was conveying.

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
And, yet it has been 2,000 years since the Cross and no Mountain has jumped into the water. Why is that?]
Being a mountain in prophecy, means a government--and water (or seas) means people: I don't think you can say that. People have brought down many governments through the ages. :cool:

Jan 12, 2019
And your excuse is the same one faith healers use when the person they "declare" healing for does not get healed.

"Well, it looks like you just didn't have enough faith!"
I agree that, nowadays, its much easier for one to say, "Your sins are forgiven", compared to "Rise take up your bed and walk".

We don't need to show proof for the former, compared to the latter.

Anyone, those that believe God for divine healing will not use that as an excuse when the healing does not manifest. Its those who are skeptical that will use that.