Can I change reality with my words?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jul 23, 2018
Lol the Titanic..and yes, the people were rearranging the deck chairs on it while it was sinking.

Come on get on the lifeboat people! Oh no we wanna stay on the luxurious Titanic. It cant sink, its so pretty.
The poverty extreme is just as bad.

Rich<>poor is relative.

A third world pastor would condemn you for refrigeration,tv,indoor plumbing,and ac.

It is all relative

Didymous

Feb 22, 2018
If I want a car can I go to the dealership, place my hand on a car and say, I'm declaring that this car will be mine's RIGHT NOW!

The bible says:

there is power and life in the tongue.

If I tell the mountain to be cast in the sea, it will happen.

When the children of Israel were going through the wilderness, God came near their tents and heard them saying Moses took them in the wilderness to die. God said it will be done just as they have said. And only their children will see the promised land.

How do you guys feel on this matter?
Did you go and try to get the car yet?

Jul 23, 2018
I do not believe that God has Christians as "deprived stepchildren"

Firstly why are step children deprived?

Secondly, I know I am a beloved adopted child of God.

I have no problems with analogy or figurative language.

What my issue is false promises people make by twisting the Bible.

Jesus suffered on the cross and died for our sins.

How much are you willing to suffer for God's kingdom?

Or are you a plant with shallow roots who will reject God if any hardship is placed on your life?

Does God want us to suffer?

No.

So why then do we suffer?

Because of the sins of evil humanity.

If God told you that you would have to suffer to further his Kingdom, would you take up your cross and keep walking with Him?

Or would you take the wide road and say "Nah God wants me to have an easy life and enjoy the riches of this world. "

Yet what are true riches?

Money and material possessions?

Physical health?

Or it it compassion, loving kindness and wisdom to love even our enemies and those who make us suffer?

Your heart is where your treasure is....is it here on Earth with the material things or in Heaven with God and the people and things He values?
The heart of God is illustrated in the earthly father/family.

So,you think a good father wants his children broke,sick,and suffering.

They,the children may,through ignorance or improper training/philosophy get those curses in life,but a good parent wants them to succeed.

Paul said " i have learned to abound as well as prosper."
To him we have seasons of both,not a persuit of poverty.

If you are correct,never thank him for provision,healing,or smooth sailing.
Instead pray for poverty,sickness,and attackers.

Since thats supposedly Gods will,never pray for healing or relief in the storms of life.
Iow God to some,has one legged step children that deserve a heavy hand so we will glorify a heavy handed cruel God.

TheLearner

Jan 14, 2019
Brighton, MI
It depends on how much faith you have. If you have a faith that can move mountains, it might be, one shovel-full at a time. ;)
If one does not have enough faith to move stuff around, then that would imply they do not have enough faith to get saved. Right?

Does it take more faith to move a thing or to get saved?

TheLearner

Jan 14, 2019
Brighton, MI
Thats hierarchy.
Catholic template for peasants who were to be quiet ,sit down,and pay up.

I will not sit up to that table of defeat.
No that is context. If you apply something written to the Apostles only, then you are twisting the Scriptures.
I would be careful about doing that friend.

TheLearner

Jan 14, 2019
Brighton, MI

They,the children may,through ignorance or improper training/philosophy get those curses in life,but a good parent wants them to succeed.

Since thats supposedly Gods will,never pray for healing or relief in the storms of life.
Iow God to some,has one legged step children that deserve a heavy hand so we will glorify a heavy handed cruel God.

It is easier for a rich person to get into heaven. Right? Why would God supply someone with temptations they can not handle?

AgapeShellArt

Nov 21, 2018

Why bother talking to you?

You twist words to mean what you want and not actually read what is being said.

why did Jesus suffer?

for that same reasons His disciples suffer.

you can stay on your cruise ship and mock those on life boats, but eventually you will realize the iceberg of false teachings is sinking your pleasure cruise.

AgapeShellArt

Nov 21, 2018
This world is not our home. Our mission in this life is not to party and collect riches as the world covets, but to proclaim God's kingdom is Not of this world and riches are Not found in material things.

These bodies are temporary tents, made to die and perish.

The Gospel is that we have an eternal home with God and He will wipe away every tear and give us new bodies.

He does Not promise no suffering or tears in this life, but promises us that He will always be with us when the world wars against us.

Satan always attacks God's children, but he leaves his own false ministers alone. What better way to lead folks astray?

Will you Chase after the wealth and health in this world?

Or will you look to the world to come and pick up your cross and follow Jesus?

Whom do you follow?

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
assuming you made a typo.. ?

I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.
(Philippians 4:12)

AgapeShellArt

Nov 21, 2018
It is humanity that chooses to allow people to remain poor.

There is enough food in the world to feed everyone. We have the means to grow, store, transport and feed everyone.

Why don't we? Power, greed, human sin and ignorance.

Even if we eliminate world hunger, would it solve humanity problems?

No because people will still seek to have more than they already have.

God teaches us to be content in whatever state of blessing God has given us.

You can focus on what you don't have, what you wish to grasp.

Or you can focus on the blessings God has already given you.

If you are reading this, you have internet access. You can read, therefore at some point you were educated.

You are alive and breathing.

If you have accepted Jesus as your savior, you have the promise of eternal life with Him.

You can rejoice in the fact that if you are suffering and this world seems too much, you have a Father in heaven who listens and loves you.

Yet do you bless or do you curse your enemies?

oyster67

May 24, 2014
When our will begins to line up with God's will, we will begin to pray aright. I'm sure that we will get more of what we want when we begin to want the right things.

AgapeShellArt

Nov 21, 2018
assuming you made a typo.. ?

I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.
(Philippians 4:12)
Thanks...

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
you're welcome :D

this is what i think settles the matter, and it's my prayer too. it has been since i was a child and first read it

Two things I ask of you, Lord;
do not refuse me before I die:
Keep falsehood and lies far from me;
give me neither poverty nor riches,
but give me only my daily bread.
Otherwise, I may have too much and disown You
and say, ‘Who is the Lord?’
Or I may become poor and steal,
and so dishonor the name of my God.
(Proverbs 30:7-9)

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
If I want a car can I go to the dealership, place my hand on a car and say, I'm declaring that this car will be mine's RIGHT NOW!

The bible says:

there is power and life in the tongue.

If I tell the mountain to be cast in the sea, it will happen.

When the children of Israel were going through the wilderness, God came near their tents and heard them saying Moses took them in the wilderness to die. God said it will be done just as they have said. And only their children will see the promised land.

How do you guys feel on this matter?

I'd really appreciate it if you'd swing by the car dealership and pick me up a couple of new cars.

Thanks.

Max.

oyster67

May 24, 2014
I'd really appreciate it if you'd swing by the car dealership and pick me up a couple of new cars.

Thanks.

Max.

Did you forget about a thing called 'insurance payments', Max?

TheLearner

Jan 14, 2019
Brighton, MI
It is humanity that chooses to allow people to remain poor.

There is enough food in the world to feed everyone. We have the means to grow, store, transport and feed everyone.

Why don't we? Power, greed, human sin and ignorance.

Even if we eliminate world hunger, would it solve humanity problems?

No because people will still seek to have more than they already have.

God teaches us to be content in whatever state of blessing God has given us.

You can focus on what you don't have, what you wish to grasp.

Or you can focus on the blessings God has already given you.

If you are reading this, you have internet access. You can read, therefore at some point you were educated.

You are alive and breathing.

If you have accepted Jesus as your savior, you have the promise of eternal life with Him.

You can rejoice in the fact that if you are suffering and this world seems too much, you have a Father in heaven who listens and loves you.

Yet do you bless or do you curse your enemies?
1 Corinthians 7:17-24 Easy-to-Read Version (ERV)
Live as God Called You
17 But each one of you should continue to live the way the Lord God has given you to live—the way you were when God chose you. I tell people in all the churches to follow this rule. 18 If a man was already circumcised when he was chosen, he should not change his circumcision. If a man was without circumcision when he was chosen, he should not be circumcised. 19 It is not important if anyone is circumcised or not. What is important is obeying God’s commands. 20 Each one of you should stay the way you were when God chose you. 21 If you were a slave when God chose you, don’t let that bother you. But if you can be free, then do it. 22 If you were a slave when the Lord chose you, you are now free in the Lord. You belong to the Lord. In the same way, if you were free when you were chosen, you are now Christ’s slave. 23 God paid a high price for you, so don’t be slaves to anyone else. 24 Brothers and sisters, in your new life with God, each one of you should continue the way you were when God chose you.

AgapeShellArt

Nov 21, 2018
1 Corinthians 7:17-24 Easy-to-Read Version (ERV)
Live as God Called You
17 But each one of you should continue to live the way the Lord God has given you to live—the way you were when God chose you. I tell people in all the churches to follow this rule. 18 If a man was already circumcised when he was chosen, he should not change his circumcision. If a man was without circumcision when he was chosen, he should not be circumcised. 19 It is not important if anyone is circumcised or not. What is important is obeying God’s commands. 20 Each one of you should stay the way you were when God chose you. 21 If you were a slave when God chose you, don’t let that bother you. But if you can be free, then do it. 22 If you were a slave when the Lord chose you, you are now free in the Lord. You belong to the Lord. In the same way, if you were free when you were chosen, you are now Christ’s slave. 23 God paid a high price for you, so don’t be slaves to anyone else. 24 Brothers and sisters, in your new life with God, each one of you should continue the way you were when God chose you.
I am not sure what those verses mean to you, but it tells me that freedom is relative.

We are free in Christ even if in the eyes of the world we are slaves. Also we are slaves to Christ alone even if we are freemen and women.

It speaks that God's laws are higher than man's.

That is my understanding of those verses, what is yours?