Can I change reality with my words?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
Isn't it the anointed word given through the Holy Spirit that we declare over situations according to His will that changes things? And sometimes it takes a holding on to that promise for the finishing.

That's when too, that we watch our words. Standing in faith.

A good example was this past election. 😉

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
Did you forget about a thing called 'insurance payments', Max?

If she can lay hands on a couple new cars and claim them for Jesus,
I'm sure she can just as easily lay hands on some insurance.

But it's good you noticed that oyster.

Kim82,
When you get me those cars, please lay hands on some insurance and claim that for Jesus too... I'll need extra insurance.
Thanks!

TheLearner

Jan 14, 2019
Brighton, MI
Kim while you are at it, throw in a new house and taxes paid for a house in Florida or California for me too.

Jul 23, 2018
No that is context. If you apply something written to the Apostles only, then you are twisting the Scriptures.
I would be careful about doing that friend.
Guilty as charged.
I was nieve enough to apply the words to the leadership to myself when i obeyed the great comission.

It was double trouble cause i not only preached the word ,i baptised them.
....as a layman and a new believer.
Oooops.
I was not careful.
Careful???
Really ???
Apostles only???

That friend ,is just wrong

In fact,that is saul chasing david from his ministry.
Fear oriented

TheLearner

Jan 14, 2019
Brighton, MI
Acts 14:23 Paul and Barnabas appointed elders for them in each church and, with prayer and fasting, committed them to the Lord, in whom they had put their trust.

Titus 1:5 The reason I left you in Crete was that you might put in order what was left unfinished and appoint elders in every town, as I directed you.

I Tim 4:14 Do not neglect your gift, which was given you through prophecy when the body of elders laid their hands on you.

Hebrews 6:2 instruction about cleansing rites, the laying on of hands, the resurrection of the dead, and eternal judgment.

When people like you are rude and encourage disorder it makes me to seriously consider becoming Catholic.
The fact remains, in context it was spoken to the Apostles alone. The texts above are clearly about Ordination into a chain of authority.

oyster67

May 24, 2014
If she can lay hands on a couple new cars and claim them for Jesus,
I'm sure she can just as easily lay hands on some insurance.

But it's good you noticed that oyster.

Kim82,
When you get me those cars, please lay hands on some insurance and claim that for Jesus too... I'll need extra insurance.
Thanks!

If a man asks for cars and insurance money, will his Father give him a mountain bike? My thought is, perhaps so:)

Jul 23, 2018
Acts 14:23 Paul and Barnabas appointed elders for them in each church and, with prayer and fasting, committed them to the Lord, in whom they had put their trust.

Titus 1:5 The reason I left you in Crete was that you might put in order what was left unfinished and appoint elders in every town, as I directed you.

I Tim 4:14 Do not neglect your gift, which was given you through prophecy when the body of elders laid their hands on you.

Hebrews 6:2 instruction about cleansing rites, the laying on of hands, the resurrection of the dead, and eternal judgment.

When people like you are rude and encourage disorder it makes me to seriously consider becoming Catholic.
The fact remains, in context it was spoken to the Apostles alone. The texts above are clearly about Ordination into a chain of authority.
Well it is them that kept the word of God in latin for your same reasons.
To keep the layman at bay.
Pure heirachy.
Leaders as the anointed ones,laymen sit down,keep quiet,and pay up.... Not of God.
It was Davids anointing that propelled him,not a hierarchy as you espouse.
David got nothing from your pattern of heirarchy
Neither did paul. In fact it was your pattern that they resisted.

To think that Jesus's equipping and authority is only to church heirarchy is a pit that sparked the reformation.

The same commission and authority to the 12 is the SAME to every disciple.

So you have a crossroad.
1) ask yourself if you are a disciple
2) ask yourself what made you believe you can not preach/witness to someone,then baptise them because some church leader told you so.

You seriously need to read pilgrams prigress.
John Bunyon was imprisioned for preaching outside the government prayerbook.

The book was written from prison.
And btw,who was martin luther?
You advocate as correct,what men died Fighting against....and rightly so.

"You cant......blah blah blah"

Yes i can... HIDE AND WATCH.

TheLearner

Jan 14, 2019
Brighton, MI
Well it is them that kept the word of God in latin for your same reasons.
To keep the layman at bay.
Pure heirachy.
Leaders as the anointed ones,laymen sit down,keep quiet,and pay up.... Not of God.
It was Davids anointing that propelled him,not a hierarchy as you espouse.
David got nothing from your pattern of heirarchy
Neither did paul. In fact it was your pattern that they resisted.

To think that Jesus's equipping and authority is only to church heirarchy is a pit that sparked the reformation.

The same commission and authority to the 12 is the SAME to every disciple.

So you have a crossroad.
1) ask yourself if you are a disciple
2) ask yourself what made you believe you can not preach/witness to someone,then baptise them because some church leader told you so.

You seriously need to read pilgrams prigress.
John Bunyon was imprisioned for preaching outside the government prayerbook.

The book was written from prison.
And btw,who was martin luther?
You advocate as correct,what men died Fighting against....and rightly so.

"You cant......blah blah blah"

Yes i can... HIDE AND WATCH.
David was not a Christian so your whatever is of no effect to his discussion.

Every believer who has the gift of evangelism should witness.
Only those who are ordained by a recognized body is to baptize.
The Great Commission in context was given only to the Apostles.
After the Ascension God gave the body of Christ spiritual gifts and/or offices one of which is evangelist.

I Peter 3:15 says to be prepared to give an answer to anyone who asks you about your faith.

We are not called to bible thump.

I am often asked about Jesus on a regular basis by people I do not know. But, they know who I am because of my repatriation in my area, town and city as one who serves others. I do not seek the limelight, it just finds me.

I pray that God brings people across my path who are seeking him. God has even used me as a tool to bring Mormon Missionaries to him. And, has centered Revivals around me in the Military, at Restaurants like Hooters and Twin Peaks and in Nudist Camps. I regularly meet with young ladies who work at the Restaurants at the public Library to teach them how to teach without being preachy. The Camps invite me and are clothed out of respect when I go there to teach.

You my friend should read Shepherd of Hermas since it is included in copies of the NT in the early church and was considered to be Scripture by Many or Some.

TheLearner

Jan 14, 2019
Brighton, MI
"To think that Jesus's equipping and authority is only to church hierarchy is a pit that sparked the reformation. "

Ah, the spark was sale of indulgences, questioning authority of the church came later.

One who has the gift of evangelism can be a lay person.

Ephesians 4:11-13 Easy-to-Read Version (ERV)
11 And that same Christ gave these gifts to people: He made some to be apostles, some to be prophets, some to go and tell the Good News, and some to care for and teach God’s people. 12 Christ gave these gifts to prepare God’s holy people for the work of serving, to make the body of Christ stronger. 13 This work must continue until we are all joined together in what we believe and in what we know about the Son of God. Our goal is to become like a full-grown man—to look just like Christ and have all his perfection.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passag...ians+4:7,+11-13;++1+Peter+4:10-11&version=ERV

Offices: apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, some pastors and teachers

Ephesians 4:11-13 Revised Standard Version (RSV)
11 And his gifts were that some should be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, some pastors and teachers, 12 to equip the saints for the work of ministry, for building up the body of Christ, 13 until we all attain to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to mature manhood, to the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ;

Ephesians 4:11-13 The Passion Translation (TPT)
11 And he has appointed some with grace to be apostles, and some with grace to be prophets, and some with grace to be evangelists, and some with grace to be pastors, and some with grace to be teachers.[c] 12 And their calling is to nurture and prepare all the holy believers to do their own works of ministry, and as they do this they will enlarge and build up the body of Christ. 13 These grace ministries will function until we all attain oneness in the faith, until we all experience the fullness of what it means to know the Son of God,[d] and finally we become one perfect man[e] with the full dimensions of spiritual maturity and fully developed in the abundance of Christ.

Ephesians 4:11-13 J.B. Phillips New Testament (PHILLIPS)
11-13 His “gifts to men” were varied. Some he made his messengers, some prophets, some preachers of the Gospel; to some he gave the power to guide and teach his people. His gifts were made that Christians might be properly equipped for their service, that the whole body might be built up until the time comes when, in the unity of the common faith and common knowledge of the Son of God, we arrive at real maturity—that measure of development which is meant by the “fullness of Christ”.

On the next day we who were Pauls companions departed and came to Caesarea, and entered the house of Philip the evangelist, who was one of the seven, and stayed with him (Acts 21:8)

Acts 21:7-9
A short run from Tyre to Ptolemais completed the voyage. We greeted our Christian friends there and stayed with them a day. In the morning we went on to Caesarea and stayed with Philip the Evangelist, one of “the Seven.” Philip had four virgin daughters who prophesied.

Who was the book of Timothy written to? What was his office?

"The importance of this office can be seen in the fact that the word "prophet" occurs over 300 times in the Old Testament and almost 125 times in the New Testament. The term "prophetess" appears 6 times in the Old Testament and 2 times in the New Testament. "https://www.biblestudytools.com/dic...l-dictionary/prophet-prophetess-prophecy.html

AS you can see things like Prophet, Apostle and Evangelist are Offices.

TheLearner

Jan 14, 2019
Brighton, MI
Romans 12:4-8 Revised Standard Version (RSV)
4 For as in one body we have many members, and all the members do not have the same function, 5 so we, though many, are one body in Christ, and individually members one of another. 6 Having gifts that differ according to the grace given to us, let us use them: if prophecy, in proportion to our faith; 7 if service, in our serving; he who teaches, in his teaching; 8 he who exhorts, in his exhortation; he who contributes, in liberality; he who gives aid, with zeal; he who does acts of mercy, with cheerfulness.

1 Corinthians 12 Revised Standard Version (RSV)
Spiritual Gifts
12 Now concerning spiritual gifts,a brethren, I do not want you to be uninformed. 2 You know that when you were heathen, you were led astray to dumb idols, however you may have been moved. 3 Therefore I want you to understand that no one speaking by the Spirit of God ever says “Jesus be cursed!” and no one can say “Jesus is Lord” except by the Holy Spirit.
4 Now there are varieties of gifts, but the same Spirit; 5 and there are varieties of service, but the same Lord; 6 and there are varieties of working, but it is the same God who inspires them all in every one. 7 To each is given the manifestation of the Spirit for the common good. 8 To one is given through the Spirit the utterance of wisdom, and to another the utterance of knowledge according to the same Spirit, 9 to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healing by the one Spirit, 10 to another the working of miracles, to another prophecy, to another the ability to distinguish between spirits, to another various kinds of tongues, to another the interpretation of tongues. 11 All these are inspired by one and the same Spirit, who apportions to each one individually as he wills.

12 For just as the body is one and has many members, and all the members of the body, though many, are one body, so it is with Christ. 13 For by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body—Jews or Greeks, slaves or free—and all were made to drink of one Spirit.
14 For the body does not consist of one member but of many. 15 If the foot should say, “Because I am not a hand, I do not belong to the body,” that would not make it any less a part of the body. 16 And if the ear should say, “Because I am not an eye, I do not belong to the body,” that would not make it any less a part of the body. 17 If the whole body were an eye, where would be the hearing? If the whole body were an ear, where would be the sense of smell? 18 But as it is, God arranged the organs in the body, each one of them, as he chose. 19 If all were a single organ, where would the body be? 20 As it is, there are many parts, yet one body. 21 The eye cannot say to the hand, “I have no need of you,” nor again the head to the feet, “I have no need of you.” 22 On the contrary, the parts of the body which seem to be weaker are indispensable, 23 and those parts of the body which we think less honorable we invest with the greater honor, and our unpresentable parts are treated with greater modesty, 24 which our more presentable parts do not require. But God has so composed the body, giving the greater honor to the inferior part, 25 that there may be no discord in the body, but that the members may have the same care for one another. 26 If one member suffers, all suffer together; if one member is honored, all rejoice together.

27 Now you are the body of Christ and individually members of it. 28 And God has appointed in the church first apostles, second prophets, third teachers, then workers of miracles, then healers, helpers, administrators, speakers in various kinds of tongues. 29 Are all apostles? Are all prophets? Are all teachers? Do all work miracles? 30 Do all possess gifts of healing? Do all speak with tongues? Do all interpret? 31 But earnestly desire the higher gifts.
And I will show you a still more excellent way.

1 Peter 4:10-11 Revised Standard Version (RSV)
10 As each has received a gift, employ it for one another, as good stewards of God’s varied grace: 11 whoever speaks, as one who utters oracles of God; whoever renders service, as one who renders it by the strength which God supplies; in order that in everything God may be glorified through Jesus Christ. To him belong glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

As you can see the gift of Evangelist is not listed in the spiritual gifts in any of the texts above.

TheLearner

Jan 14, 2019
Brighton, MI
"True prophets never spoke on their own authority or shared their personal opinions, but rather delivered the message God himself gave them. Several texts make this explicit. God promised Moses, “Now go; I will help you speak and will teach you what to say” (Exod. 4:12). God assured Moses, “I will raise up for [my people] a prophet like you . . . and I will put my words in his mouth. He will tell them everything I command him” (Deut. 18:18). The Lord said to Jeremiah, “I have put my words in your mouth” (Jer 1:9). God commissioned Ezekiel by saying, “You must speak my words to them” (Ezek. 2:7). And many of the OT prophetic books begin with the words, “The word of the LORD that came to . . .” (Hos. 1:2; Joel 1:1; Micah 1:1; Zeph. 1:1; cf. Jonah 1:1). Amos claimed, “This is what the LORD says” (Amos 1:3). "https://www.thegospelcoalition.org/...ure-teach-about-office-prophet-gift-prophecy/

FlyingDove

Dec 27, 2017
Matthew 16:19 Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)
19 I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth is already bound[a] in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth is already loosed in heaven.”

whom was Jesus speaking to in context?
Peter directly & the other apostles present indirectly.

Matt 16:19
Bind & loose were a common mode of Jewish legal expression/vernacular during Jesus time. Meaning to declare something legally forbidden or legally allowed.

Matt 16:19 (AMP/B) I will give you the keys (authority) of the kingdom of heaven; and whatever you bind [forbid, declare to be improper and unlawful] on earth [g]will have [already] been bound in heaven, and whatever you loose [permit, declare lawful] on earth [h]will have [already] been loosed in heaven
(NOTE: Peter is the 1st to acknowledge via the Holy Spirit (vs 15) that Jesus was the long awaited/promised Messiah. Jesus then proclaims Peter will be given keys (vs 1) to the entrance of the spiritual Kingdom. Peter uses these keys (Jews only) 1st at Pentecost post resurrection in Acts 2. Then again at Cornelius (the gentiles) house in Acts 10. )

Matt 18:18 (AMP/B) I assure you and most solemnly say to you, whatever you bind [forbid, declare to be improper and unlawful] on earth [f]shall have [already] been bound in heaven, and whatever you loose [permit, declare lawful] on earth [g]shall have [already] been loosed in heaven.
(NOTE: Binding and loosing weren't arbitrary proclamations/demands spoken. They were Holy Spirit given/lead heavenly teachings)

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
I believe He tells us to renew our thoughts for reasons that very much matter.

FlyingDove

Dec 27, 2017
Our Words Convey: Life, Death, Rejection, Salvation.

Genesis 1: God ""said"" & God saw it was good, 9 different times!

Psalms 103:19-21 His angels, that excel in strength, that do his commandments "hearkening unto the voice" of his word

Gen 1:3-4 And God ""said"" , and there was light. And God saw that the light was good
(NOTE: The Lord "spoke" & His mighty angles went into motion "hearkening at His voice", the commandment of His Word

Proverbs 18:21 Death and life are in the power of (speech) the "tongue" and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof.

Job 22:28 Thou shalt also (speak) "decree a thing" and it shall be established unto thee: and the light shall shine upon thy ways

Matthew 7:7 "Ask" and it shall be given you; "seek", and ye shall find; "knock", and it shall be opened unto you
(A)sk
(S)eek
(K)nock

Jas 3:5 Even so the "tongue" is a little member, and boasteth great things. Behold, how great a matter a little fire kindleth!

Prov 6:2 Thou art snared with the "words" of thy mouth, thou art taken with the "words" of thy mouth.
Prov 16:24 Pleasant "words" are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.

Prov 15:1 A soft "answer" turneth away wrath: but grievous "words" stir up anger.

Proverbs 18:4 The "words" of a man's mouth are as deep waters, and the wellspring of wisdom as a flowing brook.

God changed Abram (meaning high exalted father) to Abraham (meaning father of a multitude of nations) Gen 17:5. He did it by inserting the 5TH letter of the Hebrew alphabet H ("Hei") & the symbol for the number 5 (Grace)

God changed Sarai (meaning my princess) to Sarah (mother of nations) Gen 17:15. He added "H" (Hei/Grace)

After 15 years of silence by God, while Abraham himself tried to make a seed for God. He became too old he GAVE UP.

One yr after God changes thier names, Sarah is with child

Why? Their SPEACH confessions were changed. Everytime they or anyone else SPOKE their NAMES. They declared: Abraham Father of a multitude of nations or Sarah mother of nations! SPOKEN words are SEEDS!

Jericho an unconquerable, walled city. Walls 11 feet high, 14 feet wide. The top a smooth stone slope, angling upward at 35 degrees for 35 feet. Its walls were thought to be impenetrable

Joshua 6:2 & 16 says, God had given the city of Jericho to them before they even began to march around its walls

God gives Joshua a two step plan to conquer. Have the people to march "silently" around Jericho for 6 days, & then on the 7th day, to blow trumpits & SHOUT.

On day 7, Before they blow & shout. Joshus Declares via the SPOKEN word: The Lord has this day given you this city. They blow & SHOUT & the walls tumble down

Why " march silently"? So, no complaining/negative WORDS/SPEACH couldn't get in the way

Luke 1:11 & 13 An angel comes to Zacharias & Elisabeth. Telling they will give birth to John the Baptist. Verse 18 Zacharias SPEAKS WORDS of doubt. & angel causes him to become dumb until the child born

Why? To keep Zachs negative WORDS of UNBELIEF from getting in the way!

Proverbs 18:21 Death and life are in the power of the "tongue": and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof.

If our words aren't powerful seeds. How can they carry LIFE & DEATH? We will LIVE & DIE by what we SAY/SPEAK/BELIEVE!.

Our SPOKEN words are seeds. We will eat the friuts of our speach. Whats on your menu?

Final thought:
Do I believe name it, claim it, blab it, grab it is a sound teaching doctrine? Absolutley not!

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
Our Words Convey: Life, Death, Rejection, Salvation.

Genesis 1: God ""said"" & God saw it was good, 9 different times!

Psalms 103:19-21 His angels, that excel in strength, that do his commandments "hearkening unto the voice" of his word

Gen 1:3-4 And God ""said"" , and there was light. And God saw that the light was good
(NOTE: The Lord "spoke" & His mighty angles went into motion "hearkening at His voice", the commandment of His Word

Proverbs 18:21 Death and life are in the power of (speech) the "tongue" and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof.

Job 22:28 Thou shalt also (speak) "decree a thing" and it shall be established unto thee: and the light shall shine upon thy ways

Matthew 7:7 "Ask" and it shall be given you; "seek", and ye shall find; "knock", and it shall be opened unto you
(A)sk
(S)eek
(K)nock

Jas 3:5 Even so the "tongue" is a little member, and boasteth great things. Behold, how great a matter a little fire kindleth!

Prov 6:2 Thou art snared with the "words" of thy mouth, thou art taken with the "words" of thy mouth.
Prov 16:24 Pleasant "words" are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.

Prov 15:1 A soft "answer" turneth away wrath: but grievous "words" stir up anger.

Proverbs 18:4 The "words" of a man's mouth are as deep waters, and the wellspring of wisdom as a flowing brook.

God changed Abram (meaning high exalted father) to Abraham (meaning father of a multitude of nations) Gen 17:5. He did it by inserting the 5TH letter of the Hebrew alphabet H ("Hei") & the symbol for the number 5 (Grace)

God changed Sarai (meaning my princess) to Sarah (mother of nations) Gen 17:15. He added "H" (Hei/Grace)

After 15 years of silence by God, while Abraham himself tried to make a seed for God. He became too old he GAVE UP.

One yr after God changes thier names, Sarah is with child

Why? Their SPEACH confessions were changed. Everytime they or anyone else SPOKE their NAMES. They declared: Abraham Father of a multitude of nations or Sarah mother of nations! SPOKEN words are SEEDS!

Jericho an unconquerable, walled city. Walls 11 feet high, 14 feet wide. The top a smooth stone slope, angling upward at 35 degrees for 35 feet. Its walls were thought to be impenetrable

Joshua 6:2 & 16 says, God had given the city of Jericho to them before they even began to march around its walls

God gives Joshua a two step plan to conquer. Have the people to march "silently" around Jericho for 6 days, & then on the 7th day, to blow trumpits & SHOUT.

On day 7, Before they blow & shout. Joshus Declares via the SPOKEN word: The Lord has this day given you this city. They blow & SHOUT & the walls tumble down

Why " march silently"? So, no complaining/negative WORDS/SPEACH couldn't get in the way

Luke 1:11 & 13 An angel comes to Zacharias & Elisabeth. Telling they will give birth to John the Baptist. Verse 18 Zacharias SPEAKS WORDS of doubt. & angel causes him to become dumb until the child born

Why? To keep Zachs negative WORDS of UNBELIEF from getting in the way!

Proverbs 18:21 Death and life are in the power of the "tongue": and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof.

If our words aren't powerful seeds. How can they carry LIFE & DEATH? We will LIVE & DIE by what we SAY/SPEAK/BELIEVE!.

Our SPOKEN words are seeds. We will eat the friuts of our speach. Whats on your menu?

Final thought:
Do I believe name it, claim it, blab it, grab it is a sound teaching doctrine? Absolutley not!
Good post there FlyingDove. Like Jesus said: "You are not far from the Kingdom of God" (see Mark 12:34). 6-old-thumbsup.gif