can people in hell repent and turn to God

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Aug 14, 2019
the Bible says every knee will bow, and declare Jesus is lord
That isn't repentance. The demons know Jesus is Lord. Judas knows Jesus is Lord. Repentance requires that one turns from sin. That change of life isn't possible if we're dead, once we enter eternity.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
NO,

Ps 14: 1

The fool has said in his heart,
There is no God.
You had one too many negatives the first time ;)

Oh, I see EG was helping explain the error :D(y)

Dec 31, 2020
There is a difference between acknowledging that Yeshua (Jesus) is Lord and believing and repenting. Fallen angels know that G*d is Sovereign and they still do not repent. The adversary and the other fallen angels still cannot do anything to those who are saved unless G*d allows them to do something for the sake of testing our faith, disciplining us for grieving the Holy Spirit or possibly providing a thorn in the side (since it does not really specify just what the thorn in the side was).

E

eternally-gratefull

That isn't repentance. The demons know Jesus is Lord. Judas knows Jesus is Lord. Repentance requires that one turns from sin. That change of life isn't possible if we're dead, once we enter eternity.
Repentance means your mind has done a 180

they went from unbelief to belief that’s true repentance

repemtan e does not mean turn from sin, that’s a false interpretation

we turn from sin because of repentance. It is not repentance

E

eternally-gratefull

That is a double negative.
There is no free will in hell.
You can't have it both ways.
Why can’t I.

it’s not a double negative, free will,states I can chose between two ore more choices, I will still have that ability in hell, I just won’t be able to recieve Gods gift freely because I lost the chance

E

eternally-gratefull

Faith without works is dead. If someone regrets sinning but doesn't try to stop, did they repent or just feel bad about it?
Faith without works is dead because mere belief will never change anyone

works are a result of faith. They are not faith

just like repentance is the cause of faith

you seem to want to add yourself into the equation. I am not sure God will share his glory with you but if you wish to try, feel free

Dec 31, 2020
To repent is to ask forgiveness for your sins:

1 John 1:9 New American Standard Bible (NASB)
9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous, so that He will forgive us our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

If we confess our known sins, then he will also forgive us of the sins which we are not aware that we have commited as well.

However, this has to do with the person who has accepted Yeshua (Jesus) as their savior while they are still alive praying to G*d for forgiveness of their sin in order to restore their fellowship with G*d through the filling of the Holy Spirit.

Aug 14, 2019
just like repentance is the cause of faith
😳 Repentance removes obstructions and prepares the soul to receive Christ.
works are a result of faith. They are not faith
Works make Faith visible.
seem to want to add yourself into the equation. I am not sure God will share his glory with you but if you wish to try, feel free
Umm, thanks! I don't know what you mean.

E

eternally-gratefull

😳 Repentance removes obstructions and prepares the soul to receive Christ.
Repentance is the act of changing from unbelief to belief in all Gods says.

Works make Faith visible.
God does not need proof he knows the heart. True faith will work. It’s nit a question of if
Umm, thanks! I don't know what you mean.
Um. Jesus paid it all. He does not need any work from you to help him. Nit if works lest anyone should boast.

Aug 14, 2019
God does not need proof he knows the heart. True faith will work. It’s nit a question of if
Who said He did?
Repentance is the act of changing from unbelief to belief in all Gods says.
Who said it wasn't?
. Jesus paid it all. He does not need any work from you to help him. Nit if works lest anyone should boast.
Who said He did?
He does share His life with us. Here is Paul mentioning that Grace.

Romans 8
And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

E

eternally-gratefull

Who said He did?

Who said it wasn't?

Who said He did?
He does share His life with us. Here is Paul mentioning that Grace.

Romans 8
And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.
The answers to all these questions is you do

E

eternally-gratefull

Ridiculous!
I know what I wrote and I know you need a straw man. So, you'll have to show me where I said those things.
I know what you wrote also
deny it all you want. You did what I claimed you did by adding works as required for salvation

Why won’t you admit your belief?

ewq1938

Oct 18, 2018
1Jn 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

G3670
ὁμολογέω
homologeō
Thayer Definition:
1) to say the same thing as another, i.e. to agree with, assent
2) to concede
2a) not to refuse, to promise
2b) not to deny
2b1) to confess
2b2) declare
2b3) to confess, i.e. to admit or declare one’s self guilty of what one is accused of
3) to profess
3a) to declare openly, speak out freely
3b) to profess one’s self the worshipper of one
4) to praise, celebrate
Part of Speech: verb
A Related Word by Thayer’s/Strong’s Number: from a compound of the base of G3674 and G3056
Citing in TDNT: 5:199, 687

breno785au

Jul 23, 2013
Australia
To repent is to ask forgiveness for your sins:

1 John 1:9 New American Standard Bible (NASB)
9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous, so that He will forgive us our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

If we confess our known sins, then he will also forgive us of the sins which we are not aware that we have commited as well.

However, this has to do with the person who has accepted Yeshua (Jesus) as their savior while they are still alive praying to G*d for forgiveness of their sin in order to restore their fellowship with G*d through the filling of the Holy Spirit.
Repentance is changing your mind about committing a sin and turning to God, asking for forgiveness is probably a cause from repentance :)

Aug 14, 2019
I know what you wrote also
deny it all you want. You did what I claimed you did by adding works as required for salvation

Why won’t you admit your belief?
You can't tell me what I believe. You don't know that?
Why wont you quote me so this misunderstanding can be cleared up?

E

eternally-gratefull

The ability to choose certain things is not the thing same as having free will.
I would disagree

if you can chose you are free,, you are only not free if you can only chose one way or the other based on whatever reason