Can Satan Read our Minds and heart ?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Can Satan Read Your Mind?

• Yes all the way

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • NOt at all

Votes: 10 40.0%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • he can read mnds up to a certain level

Votes: 6 24.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
G

GreenNnice

I see a lot of people saying the same things over and over. You are all trying to describe how the Devil deceives people, but you are not giving a verse that limits Satan to not being able to read thoughts.

If he can inject thoughts, "harden hearts", and deceive the mind, then it seems plain that he can communicate in thought.
I have heard several people say that it is a one-way communication. That sounds wonderful, but where did you get that idea from? It is not in the Bible, so why did you have to make it up?

All I am looking for is a verse that either says only God can hear thoughts, or that Satan can't.

I am pretty sure this is a fictitious doctrine.
John 13

King James Version (KJV)

13 Now before the feast of the passover, when Jesus knew that his hour was come that he should depart out of this world unto the Father, having loved his own which were in the world, he loved them unto the end.
[SUP]2[/SUP]And supper being ended, the devil having now put into the heart of Judas Iscariot, Simon's son, to betray him;
Satan is allowed to enter Judas, but Satan has no authority over Judas' thoughts nor can Satan even read Judas' thoughts.

But Judas' actions ? Ahhhhhh, YES! :( Satan was cutting Judas to being dead after having ALREADY became one of The Twelve, someone who took up his cross, left everyone and everything to follow Him, for THREE YEARS before Judas decided ON HIS OWN to choose the evil of money, the love of it, 'the ROOT of all evil' is that LOVE OF MONEY ! :(

Satan saw Judas' LOVE FOR MONEY and watched Judas STILL not have the umption in his gumption to BETRAY JESUS for the BRIBE !

Right? Or, did Judas NOT have The Devil enter him BEFORE he kissed Jesus and left the passover dinner with Jesus and the other eleven apostles ?

That's NOT how it happened is it ? Judas, to his own EVIL mind and heart's desires , per Jeremiah, that tells us that our hearts are NO GOOD, in fact, they are BAD, was not up to betraying Jesus UNTIL Satan entered him. And, then, Satan did not need to READ his thoughts, for Satan knew the seed of evil was in there sprouting, as Judas already was contemplating betraying Jesus. Satan entered him to SEAL THE DEAL, to consummate Judas' desire to betray Jesus.

And, that's how Satan works in our lives now, frankly. Satan WATCHES our decisions, our actions, and, then.........

...when we make the move to ENTERTAIN evil bribes given us, we ACT on them, whether it's helping kiss a man in ultimate betrayal or we choose to watch a movie that we KNOW brings on bad meaning to our life. :(

Satan can't read our thoughts, he can't read our minds, he can't read our thoughts, and, what's more, he don't need to. He only READS what God allows, that's not needing anymore Scripture than the 'Job' story, no? HOpefully not. Job story tells us that Satan attacked a man, not based on thoughts, not based on heart things but on what he saw from Job. Job making sacrifices for his children IN CASE they may have sinned against God, 'cursed' him, even. Satan saw this and just acted on what was there before his very eyes. A rich man who served God completely as He could, as perfect as Job knew to. :)

Satan THOUGHT he could get Job to turn from God and curse Him. But, Satan could NOT read Job's thoughts and, therefore, Job stayed TRUE to God, NEVER once cursing God through ALL the pain and suffering that God allowed Satan to put Job through. :)

G

GreenNnice

I'm pretty sure the burden of proof lies on those that claim Satan can NOT read thoughts. Is there any Scripture that limits Satan to not hearing thoughts?
I see that Scripture gives him the ability to project thought; would the inverse not be assumed? yes.

As an angel, Satan is both spiritual and physical, as angels were created as messengers, to go between the physical and spiritual. If Satan is spiritual, then he communicates in spirit. As a person can overhear a conversation, cannot a spirit overhear a thought?
As a Christian, we are sealed by the Holy Spirit, and Satan has no power over us. But for the unsaved... where does the Bible say he is not able to manipulate their thoughts?

What Scripture denies Satan this power?

Why would the burden of proof be on me? Nowhere in Scripture does it say that Satan can know the thoughts and minds of men's hearts, elTee ?

Only God knows our minds and hearts. :)

Of course, Satan could know our minds and hearts but what would be the reason that God would grant Satan that request, or, desire ?
Man chooses his own way and Satan feeds off that direction the man chooses that is away from God. Pun intended ;)

God is fair and just and He is faithful too and God cannnot lie and God does not sin, not ever, not even as a man on Earth. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
R

Richie_2uk

I'm pretty sure the burden of proof lies on those that claim Satan can NOT read thoughts. Is there any Scripture that limits Satan to not hearing thoughts?
I see that Scripture gives him the ability to project thought; would the inverse not be assumed? yes.

As an angel, Satan is both spiritual and physical, as angels were created as messengers, to go between the physical and spiritual. If Satan is spiritual, then he communicates in spirit. As a person can overhear a conversation, cannot a spirit overhear a thought?
As a Christian, we are sealed by the Holy Spirit, and Satan has no power over us. But for the unsaved... where does the Bible say he is not able to manipulate their thoughts?

What Scripture denies Satan this power?
(Col.2:15) and having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a show of these openly, triumphing over them in it. These principalities and powers were owned by the devil, Jesus spoiled them and was completely victorious over them.

A

AngelCakes

Where does the Bible reserve this for God alone?

It sure seems to me like demons can get into someones head... demon possession.
i believe that demons can 'get into someones head' too...but that is different then reading someone's independent thought or intent. and, the bible only ever attributes this ability to God. if it had been passed on to anyone else, then there would be evidence of this. we cannot suppose that the devil has any of the same power as God unless there is evidence of it.

my_adonai_

Mar 19, 2012
In the book of Job, you will hear about Satan having to ask God for permission concerning what he could do economic damage, family, health.

When we consider where this 'permission' comes from. think of it this way, every molecule in the universe, in a sense needs permission to do anything, because God is infinite in power. An infinite God can not allow anything to be done, without his permission. Therefore, for the Devil to exist, he needs, in a sense, God's permission.

was not Job tested?

God does not tempt, He tests.!!.

Jas 1:13 Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:

the devil has had years of mind, that is to find the nearest assumption of what we could be thinking about regarding the needs and weakness that we have.

HE always looks for our weakness, always. we know that weakest point of any thing can be its downfall or its strength.

What i heard from psychology and learnt from it, we can know how a person thinks just by following his/her behavioural patterns.

C

Canchristiansgetalong

Satan has no power at all unless we choose to give it to Him.

konroh

Sep 17, 2013
The actual word for demon-possession in the New Testament is better translated demonized. It can run the gamut from being oppressed to possessed. We have the example of Jesus healing a man whose name was Legion who had enough demons in him to possess a whole herd of pigs. We also have the example of Judas who had Satan sway his heart, and David, who had Satan in his mind to cause him to take a census of the people, also Peter was influenced by Satan. So Satan can have activity on one who has the Holy Spirit and one who does not. We are encouraged to not give Satan a foothold in our lives, unholy anger accomplishes this.

D

danschance

The actual word for demon-possession in the New Testament is better translated demonized. It can run the gamut from being oppressed to possessed. We have the example of Jesus healing a man whose name was Legion who had enough demons in him to possess a whole herd of pigs. We also have the example of Judas who had Satan sway his heart, and David, who had Satan in his mind to cause him to take a census of the people, also Peter was influenced by Satan. So Satan can have activity on one who has the Holy Spirit and one who does not. We are encouraged to not give Satan a foothold in our lives, unholy anger accomplishes this.
I disagree with that. Jesus cast demons out of people who were demon possessed. That means a demon was living inside them.

G

GreenNnice

Satan can see what we are doing, he's not blind. But, don't give him POWER that God has never given him in Scripture.

The burden of proof does not lie with me , it lies with who has to prove that Scripture says, "Satan can read our thoughts," or, anything similar to that. And, GOOD NEWS!, it doesn't.

Christ peeps, ALL Satan does is SEE what we are doing in real life, he doesn't need to read our minds, he can see us watching that movie that seperates us from God, doing that bong that seperates us from God, etc. etc. I don't judge, He is our Judge. I only use for example what, I hope and pray, the Lord leads me to use. :)

Satan sees our actions and reacts. Our minds give us away WHEN WE ACT. That's why Scripture says (Rom. 12:2), "be transformed by the renewing of your mind," that is said, by Paul, because we, humans, decide to, selfishly, lounge, stay in our bad thoughts and we just perform old ways. You really think Satan needs to do more than just see us acting contrarian to good godly living in our life in Christ to attack us. That snake, he don't care. In fact, what's more, don't think YOUR living so great a godly, upright life will save you from his adances ! Just ask Job, that guy knows what it's like to be attacked when you are 'upright and blameless,' and, doing everything right, even 'sacrifices' to God for keeping children kept by Him.

Satan cares not who he kills, he just is OUT ROAMING around and when he sees a good target he shooooots !

Oct 31, 2011
When I wondered about this, I searched for what people said about it who had worked with expelling demons from people possessed by them. All the Christians who speak of this agree about the ways of demons, altho there is now so much of demon possession in our world that authors out to make money and media have given false information. I looked carefully into any authors I read for why they wrote and what their personal lifestyle was so I read only those who spoke truthfully, at least it seemed so to me.

Here are some of the things they all said about demons.

They say that demons represent and work for sin in our lives, when we accept sin as part of us we invite demons.

Demons are spirits, not human in any way.

Only Christ has dominion over demons. All the people who work with them say that they can do nothing with them of themselves, they can not personally fight them, but always they talk to them in the name of Christ. Only Christ manage demons.

When we go to Christ with repentance of our sins and accept His forgiveness, when we say no to sin and learn the ways of God and accepting them, we are managing demons. No demon can live with Christ.

A demon possessed person is one who listens to the thoughts that come from demons instead of the thoughts that come from God. Each person can choose, minute by minute. There is, however, complete possession when a person has decided to listen only to demon thoughts for sin, he has decided not to listen to God any more. They cannot be helped, then.

Demons must use human voices to be audible, but they are an actual spirit without a body. They roam the earth looking for a human body that will accept them.

Shilo

Aug 31, 2011
Can demons prophesy things that come to past how is that possible some Phycics, obeah people etc
yes, they can Satan is the God of this world. The way this was explained to me is Satan has a plan and God has a plan for each life.

Romans 6:16 Don't you know that when you offer yourselves to someone as obedient slaves, you are slaves of the one you obey--whether you are slaves to sin, which leads to death, or to obedience, which leads to righteousness?

Romans 6:13
Do not offer any part of yourself to sin as an instrument of wickedness, but rather offer yourselves to God as those who have been brought from death to life; and offer every part of yourself to him as an instrument of righteousness.

When a someone goes and gets their fortune read they are playing right into Satans plan for them. whatever that plan may look like to them in the flesh it is nothing but evil.

When we turn our lives over to God Satan's plans will not come about because

1 John 4:4 You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world.
[h=1]Romans 8:28 [/h]
28 And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for ithose who are called according to his purpose.
God will use all that we have gone through in this life and turn it to his glory if we turn to him and walk in obedience.