Can Satan speak to us audibly just like God can? Also, Satan -- False Sense of Peace/Lies

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

ManiaStar

Nov 14, 2015
I'm curious. I'm trying to figure something out. I have been praying and asking God about something and so far, no answer.

But, God has spoken to me audibly. Can Satan speak to me audibly to in the same voice God uses?

I also have a story/question about a false sense of peace.

Back, about 13-14 years ago, I was in school and was talking to this one guy. He was talking to me and saying something to me about the bible. (he was a christian). I started to feel peace, but it didn't seem right and i couldn't fully agree w/ what this guy was saying to me. When I went back to my dorm room, I prayed about what the guy told me and the "peace" I was feeling. I told God that I didn't agree w/ the guy and I was questioning if that peace was from God because it didn't feel right. While I was praying, I felt the 1 peace leave --- i don't know how to describe how it felt, but, it felt not normal --- not like the peace I was used to, so, the one peace left and what replaced it was the most magnificent peace ever. It felt like the holy spirit was coursing through my body and it was a huge turnaround for me. That peace stayed w/ me for a few hours.

I had read up on this at that time where it said that Satan can mimic God but he can't give off exactly what God can give off. That Satan can give peace, but a false sense of peace and we should be able to distinguish btwn them. I've been receiving peace from God ever since 2004 (3 yrs after I got saved) and I know exactly what God's peace feels like. I feel like I've only experienced Satan's false sense of peace 1 time and that was in school.

I've been through a lot over the last 6 months. I feel like I have heard from God a lot, but, I feel like things have only contradicted w/ what people have said and that has confused me. They said God will only tell you encouraging things and Satan will tell you negative things and things to confuse/deceive you and your situation. I personally, don't feel like Satan has told me anything negative. I feel like I've only been told positive things but now am really trying to decipher what I was told.

Can the peace Satan gives you mimic God's peace more? Or is there such a difference, like the way, I experienced that someone would be able to tell what was from God and what was from Satan.

OneFaith

Sep 5, 2016
I'm curious. I'm trying to figure something out. I have been praying and asking God about something and so far, no answer.

But, God has spoken to me audibly. Can Satan speak to me audibly to in the same voice God uses?

Back, about 13-14 years ago, I was in school and was talking to this one guy. He was talking to me and saying something to me about the bible. (he was a christian). I started to feel peace, but it didn't seem right and i couldn't fully agree w/ what this guy was saying to me. When I went back to my dorm room, I prayed about what the guy told me and the "peace" I was feeling. I told God that I didn't agree w/ the guy and I was questioning if that peace was from God because it didn't feel right. While I was praying, I felt the 1 peace leave --- i don't know how to describe how it felt, but, it felt not normal --- not like the peace I was used to, so, the one peace left and what replaced it was the most magnificent peace ever. It felt like the holy spirit was coursing through my body and it was a huge turnaround for me. That peace stayed w/ me for a few hours.

I had read up on this at that time where it said that Satan can mimic God but he can't give off exactly what God can give off. That Satan can give peace, but a false sense of peace and we should be able to distinguish btwn them. I've been receiving peace from God ever since 2004 (3 yrs after I got saved) and I know exactly what God's peace feels like. I feel like I've only experienced Satan's false sense of peace 1 time and that was in school.

I've been through a lot over the last 6 months. I feel like I have heard from God a lot, but, I feel like things have only contradicted w/ what people have said and that has confused me. They said God will only tell you encouraging things and Satan will tell you negative things and things to confuse/deceive you and your situation. I personally, don't feel like Satan has told me anything negative. I feel like I've only been told positive things but now am really trying to decipher what I was told.

Can the peace Satan gives you mimic God's peace more? Or is there such a difference, like the way, I experienced that someone would be able to tell what was from God and what was from Satan.

God no longer speaks to us audibly like He did to Moses. Satan no longer speaks to us audibly like he did to Eve. The only way you can hear voices today is by mental illness or imagination. And no matter the message or the messager, you know it's from God only if it matches scripture in correct covenant and context.

notuptome

May 17, 2013
Satan certainly speaks to those who will listen to him. Many a mass murderer has heard voices in his head telling him to murder and destroy.

God speaks through His word the bible. The Holy Spirit reveals the truth of the bible to our hearts as we read, pray and study over the bible.

2Co 11:14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.

I do not believe it possible for the Christian to hear the voice of Satan. But we must examine all things through the bible to see if what we are feeling is of God or the flesh. Satan will always tempt the flesh to do wrong.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

P

pjharrison

I tell you, if everything is going your way all the time and you have not been through some rough spots, that is not God. God chasten his children. He is turning us away from the world. You don't really hear God speak to you out loud. You just feel a definite yes or a definite no. The devil is very cleaver, so watch out.

NayborBear

Banned Serpent Seed Heresy

Here is what that Great Apostle Paul said, about his own personal experience, concerning this matter, in 2 Corinthians 12:7 (and I quote) "And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure." Many preachers/teachers/christians, have "spun" this personal testimony of Paul into having something to do with his eyesight. Yet, as you can read here, it was something more then that. I dunno about you, or other peoples, but, to me? This sounds like something "audible!"

And, if God's grace was sufficient enough towards Paul, as to deny his pleas for removing it?

How much sin we must be in, or be remaining in these days, in one being deluded, or in denial of one's infirmities, or deceived into thinking, or believing, that "we" are so much better then Paul, that "we" have become EXEMPT from "thorns in our sides?"

9 And God said unto Paul: "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength grows in weakness!" (so Paul replies) "Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me!"

10 "Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ’s sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong!"

Zmouth

Nov 21, 2012
If you don't know the answer to your question then how do you know that it was God who spoke to you? The answer is you don't. However, if you know it was God that audibly spoke to you then the answer to your question should be obvious. (See 1 John 1:6)

God no longer speaks to us audibly like He did to Moses.
Who told you that? :whistle:

Satan no longer speaks to us audibly like he did to Eve. The only way you can hear voices today is by mental illness or imagination. And no matter the message or the messager, you know it's from God only if it matches scripture in correct covenant and context.
So if faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God then are you claiming that the events written of in Acts 9:7-8 were due to mental illness or imagination?

And the men which journeyed with him stood speechless, hearing a voice, but seeing no man. And Saul arose from the earth; and when his eyes were opened, he saw no man: but they led him by the hand, and brought him into Damascus.

7seasrekeyed

absolutely satan can give and does give a FALSE peace where he is deceiving people...including Christians

that is why we need to study scripture and be familiar with the truth.

satan is all about deception and Christians are often deceived in one or more areas. it can be a struggle to come out of a situaton like that

someone might ask, well, doesn't God protect those who are His?

the answer is doesn't God tell us to renew our minds by His word and put on the spiritual armor and actively seek Him?

ignorance is not bliss and it is not an excuse and the devil is only too happy to take advantage of it

one more thing, 'feelings' are not how we judge what is true or not but I understand what you are saying

it would also not be true that God ONLY says encouraging things...His word is full of corrections and He will also correct us by His Spirit if we are seeking Him

remember what the serpent said to Eve in the garden. he questionned if Eve had heard God right when He said 'don't eat from a certain tree

he still asks the same question...'aw come on...did God really say that?'

notuptome

May 17, 2013
absolutely satan can give and does give a FALSE peace where he is deceiving people...including Christians

that is why we need to study scripture and be familiar with the truth.

satan is all about deception and Christians are often deceived in one or more areas. it can be a struggle to come out of a situaton like that

someone might ask, well, doesn't God protect those who are His?

the answer is doesn't God tell us to renew our minds by His word and put on the spiritual armor and actively seek Him?

ignorance is not bliss and it is not an excuse and the devil is only too happy to take advantage of it

one more thing, 'feelings' are not how we judge what is true or not but I understand what you are saying

it would also not be true that God ONLY says encouraging things...His word is full of corrections and He will also correct us by His Spirit if we are seeking Him

remember what the serpent said to Eve in the garden. he questionned if Eve had heard God right when He said 'don't eat from a certain tree

he still asks the same question...'aw come on...did God really say that?'
I don't know if I buy all that.

God does not tempt us to sin. God does not deceive us. God does allow us to be tested. With the test always comes a way for us to escape if we are tested above our ability to sustain the tribulation.

James 1:12 Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him.
13 ¶ Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:
14 But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.
15 Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.
16 Do not err, my beloved brethren.

We are always carried away with our lusts of the flesh. Even when we mean to do good our lusts cause us to do wrong. Only God could love such a people.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

7seasrekeyed

God does not tempt us to sin. God does not deceive us. God does allow us to be tested. With the test always comes a way for us to escape if we are tested above our ability to sustain the tribulation.

James 1:12 Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him.
13 ¶ Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:
14 But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.
15 Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.

We are always carried away with our lusts of the flesh. Even when we mean to do good our lusts cause us to do wrong. Only God could love such a people.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

I wasn't selling

however, take a look around at all the cults and all the broken off so called Christian cults...deception

the NT speaks of 'doctrines of demons'...teaching spirits who teach extra biblical 'revelations' to those who are not anchored in the word or who seek 'experiences' rather than Christ

deception is the devil's main tool...he used it in the garden, it worked there and it still works

you introduced doctrine on sin...which is true...but that is not what my post was about

I am not saying 'the devil made me do it'

God does not tempt us to sin...certainly not

however the devil and demons are very active and the NT is plain on that and that is what the op is really about and not temptation to sin

thanks

P

pjharrison

For the cause of Christ
Roger
He love such people only is you are not intentionally sinning.

OneFaith

Sep 5, 2016
There is no question both God and satan speak to us, but he is saying audibly. He is not physically hearing God's voice I assure you.

DudleyDorite

Aug 7, 2018

When you say audibly do you mean heard him through your physical ears, through other people, or in your head?

Zmouth

Nov 21, 2012
There is no question both God and satan speak to us, but he is saying audibly.
Not sure who the 'he' is you writing of seeing there might be more than one that says they heard the audible voice.

He is not physically hearing God's voice I assure you.
I agree, nobody has heard the voice of the eternal God, it is only the audible voice of the Holy Ghost that one can audibly hear since God gave his only begotten Son that whosoever should believe him should not perish.

Zmouth

Nov 21, 2012
Three ways. Through our ears, through our head (telepathy). And.... take a guess at the third way. That's why I asked.
Since there is only one way to audibly hear the word then I will guess the are three ways to speak, so would they be the mouth, the hand and care to guess what the third way is? :LOL:

DudleyDorite

Aug 7, 2018
Since there is only one way to audibly hear the word then I will guess the are three ways to speak, so would they be the mouth, the hand and care to guess what the third way is? :LOL:
When you pray, but don't speak your prayers, and just say them "in your head," how do you think God hears your prayers? It's a know fact people hear voices in their head. That's how Muhammad began the religion of Islam. He began hearing voices and having visions. That can happen to Christians too.

The word INSPIRED means "God breathed or God spoke." When God spoke to his apostles and prophets, do you think he spoke to them 'audibly' out of thin air through their ears? Or did he speak to them in their head. When John, Daniel, Ezekiel etc, had dreams and visions, do you think what they heard was heard in their ears, or in their head? When we hear voices in our head, it's actually audible. Can Satan hear our thoughts? Can angels hear our thoughts? Absolutely, that's how the spirit world works.

God also speaks to us "audibly" through other people. And most of the time, the other person doesn't know he is being used by God to bring you a message.

So basically my question for the OP is...

"Did you hear an audible voice in your head, or did you hear God speaking to you 'audibly' through your ears?"

We are not only in a physical world, we also surrounded by a spirit world.

Jackson123

Feb 6, 2014

I believe both God and Satan can speak audibly. In the Bible God speak to Paul audibly. Satan speak audibly to Adam and Eve.

jb

Feb 27, 2010
God no longer speaks to us audibly like He did to Moses. Satan no longer speaks to us audibly like he did to Eve. The only way you can hear voices today is by mental illness or imagination. And no matter the message or the messager, you know it's from God only if it matches scripture in correct covenant and context.
Not sure what "bible" you're reading!

7seasrekeyed

oh good

now arguing about whether or not God can speak audibly...He sure can if He wants to...and IGNORING whether or not Christians can be deceived

now let's argue over how many angels can dance on the head of a pin...or was that solved?

Dancing angels
The question "How many angels can dance on the head of a pin?" (alternatively "How many angels can stand on the point of a pin?"[1]) is a reductio ad absurdum of medieval scholasticism in general, and its angelology in particular, as represented by figures such as Duns Scotusand Thomas Aquinas.[2][3] It is first recorded in the 17th century, in the context of Protestant apologetics. The question has also been linked to the fall of Constantinople, with the imagery of scholars debating about minutiae while the Turks besieged the city.[4][5] In modern usage, it therefore has been used as a metaphor for wasting time debating topics of no practical value, or questions whose answers hold no intellectual consequence, while more urgent concerns pile up

see wiki