Can someone lose their salvation?

  • Thread starter Thread starter selenah
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
still don't get why you guys are fighting,

its starting to give me a headache.
 
Please, everyone, let the Lord lead you, I don't want to speak about the blessings abundantly of my church for me, and, I pray you too been fed with great fellowship and understanding from all God's shown and taught you within. :)

NeVER le the Enemy get HOLD of you, all my brothers on here, hislastwalk, tommy, tombro, jimmy, iaminjc, ceefultz, avinu, laod, skinski, all, feed, titis, and, and sister ana and sister jandian, and, all other sisters, like pickled, for he will STRANGLE you as best he can, and, if you don't cry out to God, it could even mean DEATH ! :(
======
Selenah?

There is good anger, as ana said, Jesus, when the moneychangers, were selling their wares in the Lord's house (temple), Jesus showed good anger. Moses showed good anger, tok, when after Moses came down from mount domains after God gave Moses the 10 commandments and the people were down there wkrshipping a golden calf they had made, wbich is idol worship and directly against God, in gact it isone of the 10 commandments.

I hope that helps, ana I feel always helps too best she can and , ultimately, young lady, I pray that God can speak to you . Even if you ate not sure you want to take the refreshing, wonderfully accountably, life-changing, blessed step of accepting Christ as your Saviour for your life forevermore, he stilll will try, oh so hard, to get you to elect to choose Him. KEEP asking questions, Sel, never stop trying to learn :)

()()()()()
Now, that all said, I too had a little buddy all growing up, my black long haired cat, he actually would give me a head butt whenever I would stare at him. It was is unique way of showing affection. I got my so loveable furball in 4th grade and died right before I came home from college from 3 months not seeing. Sad, sad, day. I was angry at God, but I lookec to good of I had Dit from God for so many yeats , 11.:)What a cat, what a God there is out there, so uniquely awesome, milady, God bless you for your searching for Him, for close to a year now.....

Maybe, sel, May 5, 2012, your one-year anniversary of starting this thread (I pray sooner than that because you never know when something very bad, like your death, could happen before that 5th day of May) will be the day, a very special day, that you can show Him you've made your choice to be saved forever to His arms :)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
ETERNALLY-GRATEFUL

titus posted: "Remember Lot's wife."

you said: Yep, and the majority of the christian church are trying to earn there way by good deeds, Just like your teaching/


EG... Jesus said this...Jesus warned us to "Remember Lots Wife." Now when we follow Jesus lead and repeat this statement that He made to the Church so that they may rethink their lives so their souls are not destroyed on the day of judgement...and your reply to this is... "Yep, and the majority of the christian church are trying to earn there way by good deeds, Just like your teaching"/....*Jesus....

Now if you were present when Jesus gave this warning would you have said this to Him?

*addded by iminjc

Thats the point. Jesus would not have said anything like this, and say if you don't heed you will die eternally.

I have no doubt lots wife is in heaven today. She committed one sin and God took her life (probably to keep secret how he destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah) it does not mean he took her eternal life.

Now if someone said this, and tried to get it to help us remember what can happen to even Gods children when they sin, I would have no argument. and agree 100 %
 
etrnally-greatful


YOU SAID: Strive to enter by that narrow gate my friend, Be born again, and allow God to conform you to his image, and stop trying to conform yourself, You will utterly fail

Just because we teach and preach obediance to the word of God....

JAMES 1:22-25
22 But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves. 23 For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man observing his natural face in a mirror; 24 for he observes himself, goes away, and immediately forgets what kind of man he was. 25 But he who looks into the perfect law of liberty and continues in it, and is not a forgetful hearer but a doer of the work, this one will be blessed in what he does.

does not mean that what we do is done in our own power, will, or strength. This is where you are wrong. The obediance that flows from us comes from the righteousness that He made us when we believed in Him. It is not of our own power, but His. We are not working to be saved...WE ARE SAVED...that's why we are able to be obediant.

Then you HAVE eternal life. God WILL conform you to his image, and you WILL NOT Walk away and be lose the gift God gave you. In other words, YOU ARE SAVED ETERNALLY GUARANTEED BY CHRIST"S PROMISE AND HIS DEATH.

If you do not believe this, but think you can lose salvation (ie OSAS is a lie) then you are trying to do it of your own power.
 
Please, everyone, let the Lord lead you, I don't want to speak about the blessings abundantly of my church for me, and, I pray you too been fed with great fellowship and understanding from all God's shown and taught you within. :)

NeVER le the Enemy get HOLD of you, all my brothers on here, hislastwalk, tommy, tombro, jimmy, iaminjc, ceefultz, avinu, laod, skinski, all, feed, titis, and, and sister ana and sister jandian, and, all other sisters, like pickled, for he will STRANGLE you as best he can, and, if you don't cry out to God, it could even mean DEATH ! :(
======
Selenah?

There is good anger, as ana said, Jesus, when the moneychangers, were selling their wares in the Lord's house (temple), Jesus showed good anger. Moses showed good anger, tok, when after Moses came down from mount domains after God gave Moses the 10 commandments and the people were down there wkrshipping a golden calf they had made, wbich is idol worship and directly against God, in gact it isone of the 10 commandments.

I hope that helps, ana I feel always helps too best she can and , ultimately, young lady, I pray that God can speak to you . Even if you ate not sure you want to take the refreshing, wonderfully accountably, life-changing, blessed step of accepting Christ as your Saviour for your life forevermore, he stilll will try, oh so hard, to get you to elect to choose Him. KEEP asking questions, Sel, never stop trying to learn :)

()()()()()
Now, that all said, I too had a little buddy all growing up, my black long haired cat, he actually would give me a head butt whenever I would stare at him. It was is unique way of showing affection. I got my so loveable furball in 4th grade and died right before I came home from college from 3 months not seeing. Sad, sad, day. I was angry at God, but I lookec to good of I had Dit from God for so many yeats , 11.:)What a cat, what a God there is out there, so uniquely awesome, milady, God bless you for your searching for Him, for close to a year now.....

Maybe, sel, May 5, 2012, your one-year anniversary of starting this thread (I pray sooner than that because you never know when something very bad, like your death, could happen before that 5th day of May) will be the day, a very special day, that you can show Him you've made your choice to be saved forever to His arms :)

Yeah I'm not sure about the whole anger thing. All I can say is I don't like anger.

Sometimes I think I'm saved, other times not. There's so many different things. I'm not really sure which way to go. I don't have very much self-control when it's just me but when I have people depending on me I do. Like at church in Sunday school there's this girl who's alot younger than me and when she's around me I want to do what's right because I don't want to make her doubt God or do wrong. I want to do right, but I also want to do wrong. When I'm alone I feel like I'm out of control. Sometimes I wish someone would just tie me up, put me in a tight-suite, blind-fold me, or keep all the sin away from me because when I see other people doing wrong I want to do it too because I don't really care. I don't know God seems so far away and He doesn't make sense sometimes. I don't know it's difficult to explain I feel like there's evil inside me that I can't get rid of but at the same time I want to follow God completely.


Anyways that's cute what your cat used to do. The cat in the left of my avatar does that too. My cat (the one on the right) meows at me and rolls on his back or does the nose to nose thing when he wants to be petted. When he was little, and I was little lol, I used to put him inside my coat to keep warm in the winter and he'd sit there for hours like a baby lol. Okay I'm a crazy cat person but oh well haha.
 
Last edited:
Yeah I'm not sure about the whole anger thing. All I can say is I don't like anger.

Sometimes I think I'm saved, other times not. There's so many different things. I'm not really sure which way to go. I don't have very much self-control when it's just me but when I have people depending on me I do. Like at church in Sunday school there's this girl who's alot younger than me and when she's around me I want to do what's right because I don't want to make her doubt God or do wrong. I want to do right, but I also want to do wrong. When I'm alone I feel like I'm out of control. Sometimes I wish someone would just tie me up, put me in a tight-suite, blind-fold me, or keep all the sin away from me because when I see other people doing wrong I want to do it too because I don't really care. I don't know God seems so far away and He doesn't make sense sometimes. I don't know it's difficult to explain I feel like there's evil inside me that I can't get rid of but at the same time I want to follow God completely.


Anyways that's cute what your cat used to do. The cat in the left of my avatar does that too. My cat (the one on the right) meows at me and rolls on his back or does the nose to nose thing when he wants to be petted. When he was little, and I was little lol, I used to put him inside my coat to keep warm in the winter and he'd sit there for hours like a baby lol. Okay I'm a crazy cat person but oh well haha.
____
Sel, anger infects us all, but God's Love in us keeps us from having anger keep us. The power of God is great and He is trying to be great in you. Neat sounding, isn't it.

milady, that is,neat about your cat head-butting too. Dit head-butted just like a ram, if I raised up he would rise up on 2 legs and bash me in the forehead. He was God's gift to me.as I look back. He always,slep snuggled right beside me or at the top of my head. He was special to me:)

Sel, I want you to translate that God loves you just like your cat loves you, and, he will do unique things to bless you because God desires us all to do our lives for some purpose different from everyone else. Of course married folks are together but they still.have perfectly blessed unique plans for their lives from God. Neat, isn't it. That there is someone who cares so much for us that He blueprints a individual plan that is,perfect for us, sooo much goodness :)

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you, plans for future and a hope, for good and not for evil .

Neat, isn't it ?

Sel, God is using all kinds of people now, who are trying to prayerfully say to you what can have you see him, eternally grateful, ana, they all care about your future. that is,neat isn't it?

I think that your warm and kind to everyone and have shown a spirit of resilliency, to undetstand the many arguments on here, and, God is showing you how much He wants thoze to believe in Him that aren't sure. Neat, isn't it, for close to a year, God has shown you much through people speaking to.you. You have spoke back and your responses are encouraging and helping others too. Neat, isn't it?

So , that is all for now I 'spose, I pray I didn't bore you to.death....

Sel. Sel! Are you okay? (*green throws cold water on sel and promises never to be so boring and long-winded again :D )

keep being the neat girl you are, cat loving young lady, , by the way, beautiful artwork on those blankets around your cats :) God bless :)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
No answer to my last point so the sin of man is to think more of himself by his knowlegde of a thing he doesn't understand at all is the true sin of it all. But god in His favor has remove it to so who can't point your fingers and cast your stones by the standards made by the log of your eye. Now thats over the head and made hit some on the back of it.
 
____
Sel, anger infects us all, but God's Love in us keeps us from having anger keep us. The power of God is great and He is trying to be great in you. Neat sounding, isn't it.

milady, that is,neat about your cat head-butting too. Dit head-butted just like a ram, if I raised up he would rise up on 2 legs and bash me in the forehead. He was God's gift to me.as I look back. He always,slep snuggled right beside me or at the top of my head. He was special to me:)

Sel, I want you to translate that God loves you just like your cat loves you, and, he will do unique things to bless you because God desires us all to do our lives for some purpose different from everyone else. Of course married folks are together but they still.have perfectly blessed unique plans for their lives from God. Neat, isn't it. That there is someone who cares so much for us that He blueprints a individual plan that is,perfect for us, sooo much goodness :)

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you, plans for future and a hope, for good and not for evil .

Neat, isn't it ?

Sel, God is using all kinds of people now, who are trying to prayerfully say to you what can have you see him, eternally grateful, ana, they all care about your future. that is,neat isn't it?

I think that your warm and kind to everyone and have shown a spirit of resilliency, to undetstand the many arguments on here, and, God is showing you how much He wants thoze to believe in Him that aren't sure. Neat, isn't it, for close to a year, God has shown you much through people speaking to.you. You have spoke back and your responses are encouraging and helping others too. Neat, isn't it?

So , that is all for now I 'spose, I pray I didn't bore you to.death....

Sel. Sel! Are you okay? (*green throws cold water on sel and promises never to be so boring and long-winded again :D )

keep being the neat girl you are, cat loving young lady, , by the way, beautiful artwork on those blankets around your cats :) God bless :)

lol, thanks
icon7.gif
 
No answer to my last point so the sin of man is to think more of himself by his knowlegde of a thing he doesn't understand at all is the true sin of it all. But god in His favor has remove it to so who can't point your fingers and cast your stones by the standards made by the log of your eye. Now thats over the head and made hit some on the back of it.


Yep. We are saved by the power of God.

God is not like us. He is higher than us. So much so that we don't comprehend it. Salvation is from Him. Grace is from Him. Blessing is from Him. He is not bound by our understanding of Him. Thankfully... lol
 
In His first coming Jesus comes to seek and save the lost, those (us) who are without Christ, and when He finds us and saves us, then we can turn around and lose our salvation. That is quite a thing in and of itself. He did not come to condemn nor for the righteous but He came to call sinners to repentance and when we respond and turn to Him in repentance, somehow we have to keep on repenting to make it work and be saved in the end. I don't know if I can keep doing that and make it to the end so I can be saved. If the angels of God in heaven rejoice over one sinner that repents, I can't imagine what it must be like for them when that same sinner loses their salvation.

If we can lose our salvation we have to also lose the following with it:

- our redemption status is gone
- being reconciled to God is forfeited
- God's imputed righteousness has to be taken back by God
- being born again has to be undone
- being a new creature in Christ has to be undone
- the Holy Spirit has to unseal us and how that happens I will never know
- eternal life has to be taken back and no longer is a gift of grace
- if we received salvation by faith then we must also have to lose it by faith and how do you do that
- one minute we are joint heirs with Christ and the next minute the inheritance is gone just like that
- the power of God unto salvation saved us but for some reason that same power can't keep us
- and we can forget the promises of God because if you can lose salvation the promises mean nothing
- we were a member in particular in the body of Christ and now we are no longer a member
- Christ was in us and we were hid with Christ in God and then we are out of the picture
- the blood cleansed us from all sin and purged our conscience from dead works and now the blood has to reverse all that
- grace saved us now grace has to forsake us and condemn us with the world
- shall I say more..... all of this seems to totally take away from God's mercy. How can there ever be mercy for sinners if sinners can lose what was given to them because of mercy.

I can not for the life of me understand how that anyone can believe in their heart that salvation can be lost or forfeited by the believer when it is 100% the work of God and we received it by grace through faith because of Christ. GO FIGURE!
 
Last edited:
lol, thanks
icon7.gif
____
You're welcome, and, sel, your inquisitiveness of salvation has challenged many on here, you are a good question asker, you journalist you :) you have blessed many on here with your sweet spirit. I pray God blesses you and reveals Himself to you in a great way, milady. :)

(_______)
The cats sure look comfy in those blakets, those cats are blessed too, Sel.

Sel, I have yet to give you my answer to your question, 'Can you lose your salvation?'

Yes, just like red said above, a lot you have to do to fall from grace and falling from salvation extends beyond simple turning away from God.

God is sooo merciful and loving and full of grace it is VERY hard to fall from grace, and, those born again of God have then biblical obedience reasons, as The Lord leads he/she, through (water) baptism of repentance that further consecrates the believer's initial repentance and believe conversion decision to turn away from past bad things hurting their life and follow Jesus.

But all these things are processes, and, The only thing you need to know, sel, is that God is Love and sooo wants you to believe in Him and be saved :)
 
Hebrews 3:12–14“See to it, brothers, that none of you has a sinful, unbelieving heart that turns away from the living God. But encourage one another daily, as long as it is called Today, so that none of you may be hardened by sin’s deceitfulness. We have come to share in Christ if we hold firmly till the end the confidence we had at first.”

Here it clearly says, in short, make sure none of you has a sinful, unbelieving heart that turns away from the living God. In other words, obviously you can turn away. Here's another.

1 Corinthians 15:1, 2 “1Now, brothers, I want to remind you of the gospel I preached to you, which you received and on which you have taken your stand. 2By this gospel you are saved, if you hold firmly to the word I preached to you. Otherwise, you have believed in vain.”.

To say "By this gospel you are saved, if you hold firmly to the word I preached to you," is also very clear. Then to add, "otherwise, you have believed in vain,'' seems pretty straight forward to me.

According to Revelation 3:5- “He who overcomes will, like them, be dressed in white. I will never blot out his name from the book of life, but will acknowledge his name before my Father and his angels," those who won’t have their names blotted out of the book of life are those who overcome.

And here's one more. 1 Corinthians 9:27 “No, I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize.”

Paul said right there that he personally has to beat his sinful nature (or maybe literally, body) to make it a slave so that he himself will not be disqualified from the prize. To suggest that verse means anything but exactly what it says, is stretching scriptures to fit alternate your beliefs.
 
Romans 11:29 For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.

Ephesians 2:8-9
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Hebrews 12:2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Salvation is a gift given to us by God. Does God take away His Gifts? Of course not, the bible tells us in every way that God is Faithful and His Love will never end for us.

Only people, with their carnal minds and thoughts, can misunderstand what God has so plainly told us.

Is God Powerful to Save or have you fallen into un-belief? Isn't this thought of losing your salvation the exact kind of thing Hebrews 3:12-14 is preaching against???

We will hold true to the end because we are in the Hand of the Living, Loving God. Not because we have convinced ourselves, through philosophy, that we have checked off all the requirements necessary for salvation...

Can someone lose their salvation??? Psshhh... Not if they worship the same God that I do...

Does God's love ever give up?
Does God's Love ever run out?
Does God's Love ever fail?

Come on Christian!!! You know the answer!!!

 
Romans 11:29 For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.

Ephesians 2:8-9
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Hebrews 12:2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Salvation is a gift given to us by God. Does God take away His Gifts? Of course not, the bible tells us in every way that God is Faithful and His Love will never end for us.

Only people, with their carnal minds and thoughts, can misunderstand what God has so plainly told us.

Is God Powerful to Save or have you fallen into un-belief? Isn't this thought of losing your salvation the exact kind of thing Hebrews 3:12-14 is preaching against???

We will hold true to the end because we are in the Hand of the Living, Loving God. Not because we have convinced ourselves, through philosophy, that we have checked off all the requirements necessary for salvation...

Can someone lose their salvation??? Psshhh... Not if they worship the same God that I do...

Does God's love ever give up?
Does God's Love ever run out?
Does God's Love ever fail?

Come on Christian!!! You know the answer!!!



Does God's love ever give up?
Does God's Love ever run out?
Does God's Love ever fail?


NO, it does not, gramps, but we give up, we run out, we fail :(

And, thus, the gift is not wanted, that is obvious, one who knows Christ in His heart and continues to sin and still be in Him will be lukewarm and spat out. :(

The being saved is a gift, and, regardless of it being from God, God gives us our own freewill choice of what we WILLFULLY choose to do with that 'gift.'

God is the author and finishrt of our faith. But in the middle is what we choose to do with that faith that's been given to.us. God kneaded 'it,' works 'it, 'grows it,' as we have it and let the Lord lead us, we walk IN FAITH. :)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
And, when I say continue to sin, I mean knowingly doing things to SPITE God , continuosly, we're not talking your fleshly sinning that WILL happen. Thatis where God covering you comes in. By His blood, you are covered :)
 
And, when I say continue to sin, I mean knowingly doing things to SPITE God , continuosly, we're not talking your fleshly sinning that WILL happen. Thatis where God covering you comes in. By His blood, you are covered :)

how many times do you sin a day? I bet you don't even know.. so could we not say you continually sin?

John not only spoke of the antichrist who now denys Christ, he speaks of those who sin.

Just like a child of God can NOT leave God. a child of God also can not sin, or do the very thing you say one can do to lose salvation.

Interesting that right after the passage of antichrist. John says this.


4 Whoever commits sin also commits lawlessness, and sin is lawlessness. 5 And you know that He was manifested to take away our sins, and in Him there is no sin. 6 Whoever abides in Him does not sin. Whoever sins has neither seen Him nor known Him.
7 Little children, let no one deceive you. He who practices righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous. 8 He who sins is of the devil, for the devil has sinned from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil. 9 Whoever has been born of God does not sin, for His seed remains in him; and he cannot sin, because he has been born of God.


You see. anyone who practices sin is of the devil, was not a child of God, but whoever is a child of God can not practice sin, why? God is in him, and because of this, he can not practice sin.


here is the problem with those who think you can lose, or give up salvation.


If you deny Christ, you were never saved, you did not lose it.


if you practice sin, you were never of God. for those who are of god can not do this.


thus none of these people lost salvation, they never had it. You can't lose something you never had.
 
how many times do you sin a day? I bet you don't even know.. so could we not say you continually sin?


if you practice sin, you were never of God. for those who are of god can not do this.



EG, This is a serious question I have in trying to understand you better.

If you say we cannot even count how many times a day we sin, so we are all continual sinners, and then you say if you practice sin you were never of God, what is the difference?

So what is the difference of us all continually sinning, from one who practices sin?

To practice something means to be active in doing such. Continual, means to continue in. So what is the difference?

If one who practices sin is of the devil, what about the one to sins continually?
 
Romans 11:29 For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.

Ephesians 2:8-9
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Hebrews 12:2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Salvation is a gift given to us by God. Does God take away His Gifts? Of course not, the bible tells us in every way that God is Faithful and His Love will never end for us.

Only people, with their carnal minds and thoughts, can misunderstand what God has so plainly told us.

Is God Powerful to Save or have you fallen into un-belief? Isn't this thought of losing your salvation the exact kind of thing Hebrews 3:12-14 is preaching against???

We will hold true to the end because we are in the Hand of the Living, Loving God. Not because we have convinced ourselves, through philosophy, that we have checked off all the requirements necessary for salvation...

Can someone lose their salvation??? Psshhh... Not if they worship the same God that I do...

Does God's love ever give up?
Does God's Love ever run out?
Does God's Love ever fail?

Come on Christian!!! You know the answer!!!


Obviously, I'm not arguing that we are saved by faith, and Jesus is the author of our salvation. However, you seem to be sticking strictly with the verses you like and disregarding others you don't.

Second Peter 2:20–22 “If they have escaped the corruption of the world by knowing our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and are again entangled in it and overcome, they are worse off at the end than they were at the beginning. It would have been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than to have known it and then to turn their backs on the sacred command that was passed on to them. Of them the proverbs are true: ‘A dog returns to its vomit,’ and, ‘A sow that is washed goes back to her wallowing in the mud.’ ”

There would be no reason for Peter to address this possibility if it wasn't a possibility. He begins by saying, "if they have escaped the corruption etc. by knowing Jesus, etc, which means they DID KNOW Jesus. But-- then they turned away, becoming entangled in the world again. What then does it say? That by turning away after knowing Jesus, it would have been better if they had never known righteousness. That obviously not only puts them back to square one, it puts them even further back. Again, they knew the Lord and they turned away, and therefore, were much worse off afterward than those who do not know the Lord. That does not imply salvation to me by any stretch of the imagination. Are people who don't know the Lord saved? You're simply not addressing verses that clearly state that a person can lose their salvation by willfully turning away and staying away.