Can someone please help me?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Sep 25, 2020
So I'm aware in ministry there are some roles that girls shouldn't do. But as a young christian I was kinda wondering which ones those were. Can someone help me out? Specifically I wanted to know if girls can be evangelists.

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
So I'm aware in ministry there are some roles that girls shouldn't do. But as a young christian I was kinda wondering which ones those were. Can someone help me out? Specifically I wanted to know if girls can be evangelists.
Tell people the good news of Jesus ? absolutely.

F

Fundamental

1 Timothy 9-15.

Here you are ^^
Not one female I ever encountered in life was willing to abide these simple rules. Hehe

Lighthearted

Oct 17, 2016
If you're led by the Lord, that's the only voice you need to listen to and the only opinion that matters.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Hello and Welcome to CC, AMC...
Some people interpret certain passages of the Bible and conclude that women are barred from certain roles. Others interpret the same passages differently, and conclude that women are not barred from those roles. It's something you need to work out for yourself, and be willing to accept the culture of the church or denomination in which you are led to minister.

Yes, women may certainly be evangelists; I have not encountered a contrary idea even among the most narrow complementarians. So, if that's what you feel led to do, go for it, and may the Lord bless you with success!

JesusLives

Oct 11, 2013
If God's Spirit is leading you to do something and if it is in line with the Bible then do what God is leading you to do. Helping people hear the good news of the gospel and accepting Jesus as their Savior is never wrong. No matter what your gender is.

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
It was a woman who evangelised to me . She is now my wife .

K

kaylagrl

Yes, girls can be evangelists. My family traveled in Canada and the US in ministry for 20yrs, two of us were females. Do whatever you feel God is calling you to and do not let others discourage you, because, from experience, they will try. Don't let anyone deter you if you feel you have a calling on your life. I felt called as a teenager. I wasn't even sure what the calling was. God will show you. In the meantime prepare yourself and get ready for whatever He has in store for you. Blessings.

Nov 22, 2019
Traveller
Jesus' closest advisory was a woman and prostitute. Women can do all roles, everywhere, just as well as men.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Jesus' closest advisory was a woman and prostitute. Women can do all roles, everywhere, just as well as men.
There is zero Biblical evidence that Mary Magdalene was a prostitute.

soggykitten

Jul 3, 2020
There are no roles in ministry that women cannot do. God calls people into his service and God is not like humans. He does not exercise gender bias or show bigotry due to our sex. We are all one in Christ Jesus. There are no differences within the church as one body who are in the grace of God and love him.
If we are all one in Christ it would be indefensible for any teaching to claim we are segregated by God's choice after he said we are all one in Christ.

If you feel called to ministry, or to serve in the church, follow that call. No one hangs up on Jesus. ;) Behold I stand at the door and knock. It isn't just when his words lead us to feel led to repent and receive the gift of his grace. God knocks and offers us opportunity in his service as he will. Pray attention and follow God.

Because the ego of man can get in the way and tell you you can't do something God calls you to because you're female. That's precisely what the enemy of God would try to convince you of. Ignore that!
God is greater. And if he calls you, trust he knows what he's doing.

Bless you.

soggykitten

Jul 3, 2020
No, she was not a Prostitute! That is nowhere found in the scripture. You will find that in 1591 Pope Gregory said that of Mary Magdalene when he claimed she was the unnamed sinner in Luke 7. That is not true.

The Magdalene was that one whom the scriptures tell us was possessed by Demons.
Luke 8:2, “and also some women who had been cured of evil spirits and diseases: Mary (called Magdalene) from whom seven demons had come out…”