Can the nonelect ever be born-again? (2 Kings 22:27) With the elect thou wilt be elect: and with the perverse thou wilt be perverted.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Will the nonelect ever be born-again?

• The nonelect can be born-again.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dec 18, 2023
In the ninth year of Hoshea, the king of Assyria took Samaria and carried Israel away to Assyria, and placed them in Halah and by the Habor, the River of Gozan, and in the cities of the Medes.

- 2 Kings 17:6
he sends people into the wilderness. All people who are in the wilderness are still lost until the resurrection.

The Israelite where in the desert for 40 years lost. Chastised for 40 years.

After the desert the same descendants of those Israelites where sent into exile again.

He still comforts those in the wilderness Ismael is an example

Like Ismael brother of Issac was in the wilderness God spoke to him as a boy and trained him to be an archer.

But in the case of the Israelites in exile now the lord will not speak to them until they welcome the lord. quote-we-cannot-rely-on-god-s-promises-without-obeying-his-commandments-john-calvin-139-76-54.jpg

rogerg

Jul 13, 2021
I grant the distinction you make here. But your original post that I responded to stated that the verse said simply that circumcision was no longer necessary for salvation. My point is that physical circumcision never saved anyone.
[Gal 5:2-4 KJV]
2 Behold, I Paul say unto you, that if ye be circumcised, Christ shall profit you nothing.
3 For I testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he is a debtor to do the whole law.
4 Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.

ThereRoseaLamb

Jan 17, 2023
“But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign LORD who bought them-bringing swift destruction on themselves.”

These people were the elect, it says the Lord bought them. And then they brought destruction on themselves. So they were "saved" then "destroyed".

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
Amen, I am just saying that verse means men NO LONGER have to be circumcised in the way of the Law.
But it begins with circumcision based upon the Law and ends with our transformation in Christ.
Circumcision of the foreskin set the Jews apart from the Gentiles like circumcision of the heart separates those in Christ from those without Christ.
Right. (y) I think I know what you are getting across.

There's this (per the OT times):

Gen 17:14
And the uncircumcised man child whose flesh of his foreskin is not circumcised, that soul shall be cut off from his people; he hath broken my covenant.

rogerg

Jul 13, 2021
“But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign LORD who bought them-bringing swift destruction on themselves.”

These people were the elect, it says the Lord bought them. And then they brought destruction on themselves. So they were "saved" then "destroyed".
the false teachers will be destroyed, not the elect. The destructive heresies denying the sovereign LORD who bought
the elect will be introduced by the false teachers, and by that, they who brought in the heresies - the false teachers - will be destroyed.

ThereRoseaLamb

Jan 17, 2023
the false teachers will be destroyed, not the elect. The destructive heresies denying the sovereign LORD who bought
the elect will be introduced by the false teachers, and by that, they who brought in the heresies - the false teachers - will be destroyed.
But the false teachers are the elect, who have gone astray according to this verse.

FollowerofShiloh

Jan 24, 2024
But the false teachers are the elect, who have gone astray according to this verse.
1. ..........even denying the Lord that ""bought"" them.

Being "Bought by the Lord" means to be SAVED!!

If someone (in this Thread/on this Forum) can deny this verse, they clearly are the ones Peter is talking about.

rogerg

Jul 13, 2021
I realize it can be very difficult to see the very subtle distinction in the wording of this verse and understand how you could come to that conclusion (and I'm not doing a too good job of explaining it either), but I believe that a distinction exists. The "them", I believe, are those who were bought. The false teachers, on the other hand, were separate to, and apart from those bought, and who were not bought, but nevertheless, were amongst the "them". IOW, the "them" refers only to the people bought but does not include the false teachers.

ThereRoseaLamb

Jan 17, 2023
They were among the people but not of those bought, hence the word "among".
No sorry, that's not what it says.

“But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will (false prophets) secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign LORD who bought them- (the false prophets who had been bought) bringing swift destruction on themselves.”

FollowerofShiloh

Jan 24, 2024

“But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will (false prophets) secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign LORD who bought them- (the false prophets who had been bought) bringing swift destruction on themselves.”
Do Not let him slide on this and make him accountable for his clear and precise DECEPTION.

Dec 18, 2023
I realize it can be very difficult to see the very subtle distinction in the wording of this verse and understand how you could come to that conclusion (and I'm not doing a too good job of explaining it either), but I believe that a distinction exists. The "them", I believe, are those who were bought. The false teachers, on the other hand, were separate to, and apart from those bought, and who were not bought, but nevertheless, were amongst the "them". IOW, the "them" refers only to the people bought but does not include the false teachers.
The heavenly life of Jesus is in all men.

Jesus attoned the blood of adam that exists in all mankind.

There for Jesus attoned the blood of all mankind.

Because his heavenly life is in all mankinds blood too.

There is only Jesus who can save souls.

He defeated death for all mankind.

This is paramount to the faith.

FollowerofShiloh

Jan 24, 2024

The best thing about this is that GOD is WATCHING this conversation between You and him ;)

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
They were among the people but not of those bought, hence the word "among".
The text states "among YOU"... and then... it says "who bought THEM" (why switch the wording from "YOU" to "THEM" here)... why wouldn't this second part say "who bought YOU" (according to your scenario / interpretation / your Calvinist bent, lol)?
That's usually HOW GRAMMAR WORKS. :D

FollowerofShiloh

Jan 24, 2024
The text states "among YOU"... and then... it says "who bought THEM" (why switch the wording from "YOU" to "THEM" here)... why wouldn't this second part say "who bought YOU" (according to your scenario / interpretation / your Calvinist bent, lol)?
Because it proves 1/3 of his Reformed doctrine to be FALSE is why :ROFL::ROFL:

ThereRoseaLamb has roger behind the 8-ball and there ain't no pockets for him to hide in :LOL::LOL: