Can the nonelect ever be born-again? (2 Kings 22:27) With the elect thou wilt be elect: and with the perverse thou wilt be perverted.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Will the nonelect ever be born-again?

• The nonelect can be born-again.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
So according to Calvinism the elect can still be sent to hell? Wow, that's a rough deal.
Not what I'm saying at all. Death doesn't mean hell necessarily. And God doesn't send His own to hell. But God has and does use sickness and death as a means of chastening.
It has nothing to do with Calvinism.

ThereRoseaLamb

Jan 17, 2023
[2Pe 2:1 KJV] 1 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.
[2Pe 2:3 KJV] 3 And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not.

The "them" pertains to the people but not to the false prophets.
Ok, lets continue for context.

But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. (False Prophets) They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign Lord who bought thembringing swift destruction on themselves. Who? The false prophets who were bought (with Christs blood).

2 Many will follow their depraved conduct and will bring the way of truth into disrepute. 3 In their greed these teachers will exploit you with fabricated stories. Their condemnation has long been hanging over them, and their destruction has not been sleeping.

4 For if God did not spare angels when they sinned, but sent them to hell,[a] putting them in chains of darkness[b] to be held for judgment; 5 if he did not spare the ancient world when he brought the flood on its ungodly people, but protected Noah, a preacher of righteousness, and seven others; 6 if he condemned the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah by burning them to ashes, and made them an example of what is going to happen to the ungodly; 7 and if he rescued Lot, a righteous man, who was distressed by the depraved conduct of the lawless 8 (for that righteous man, living among them day after day, was tormented in his righteous soul by the lawless deeds he saw and heard)— 9 if this is so, then the Lord knows how to rescue the godly from trials and to hold the unrighteous (false prophets who were bought) for punishment on the day of judgment.

It is abundantly clear who is being talked about. The false teachers who were bought, their sacrifice was paid for. If you continue here you can see even more so who is being talked about and what their end was. Elite that went to hell.

ThereRoseaLamb

Jan 17, 2023
Not what I'm saying at all. Death doesn't mean hell necessarily. And God doesn't send His own to hell. But God has and does use sickness and death as a means of chastening.

But it does here brother, I continued the text, hell is where these prophets end up. So in light of Calvinism, how can that be so. Since Calvinism is what we are discussing. Not trying to snap at you. btw Just these verses are quite clear that the false prophets had once been saved, bought, with Christs blood but turned aside. They brought swift destruction upon themselves. The end for them is hell.

Mar 7, 2024
We've already cleared this up. We talked about the two meanings. Moved on to deeper questions. Keep up.
I don't remember where you acknowledged the distinction between the Catholic Church and the Roman Catholic Church. I just wanted to confirm that they are very different entities and they have nothing in common

rogerg

Jul 13, 2021
Ok, lets continue for context.

But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. (False Prophets) They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign Lord who bought thembringing swift destruction on themselves. Who? The false prophets who were bought (with Christs blood).

2 Many will follow their depraved conduct and will bring the way of truth into disrepute. 3 In their greed these teachers will exploit you with fabricated stories. Their condemnation has long been hanging over them, and their destruction has not been sleeping.

4 For if God did not spare angels when they sinned, but sent them to hell,[a] putting them in chains of darkness[b] to be held for judgment; 5 if he did not spare the ancient world when he brought the flood on its ungodly people, but protected Noah, a preacher of righteousness, and seven others; 6 if he condemned the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah by burning them to ashes, and made them an example of what is going to happen to the ungodly; 7 and if he rescued Lot, a righteous man, who was distressed by the depraved conduct of the lawless 8 (for that righteous man, living among them day after day, was tormented in his righteous soul by the lawless deeds he saw and heard)— 9 if this is so, then the Lord knows how to rescue the godly from trials and to hold the unrighteous (false prophets who were bought) for punishment on the day of judgment.

It is abundantly clear who is being talked about. The false teachers who were bought, their sacrifice was paid for. If you continue here you can see even more so who is being talked about and what their end was. Elite that went to hell.
Yes, it is abundantly clear, and it isn't what you say. Those whom Christ paid for (bought) must be saved or He is not the Saviour.
But Christ is the Saviour, and so they will be saved - it's just as simple as that.

maxamir

Mar 8, 2024
That's not goodness. Nor does it make sense. Either God is a liar, or Calvin was a frustrated between two dogmas, the Catholic church that brain washes you completely and the truth. God says He wishes that none perish, you say He loves it and created people to destroy. I'm going with what God said and not some muddled mixed up Catholic dude who saw himself as pope and helped get a man executed.

Ahh so all this evil is Gods fault? He created evil. Everything that ever happens is because He allows it to happen, in fact He caused it to happen.
you are certainly proving that you have made a god to suit yourself and have committed idolatry because you do not yet recognise that God's goodness is seen not just in His mercy but also in His holy justice which was most greatly magnified in the death of His Son to save His people from their sin and not those He has decreed not to save.

By continually stating that you believe God desires absolutely everyone to be saved, you are saying that He is double minded and does not have the power to save people against their will. Does He desire the Antichrist to be saved as well?

free will.jpg

maxamir

Mar 8, 2024
What a moronic thing to say!! Of course Mac Arthur would say that, he thinks he won the "salvation lottery"!! As the kids would say "sucks to be you". That's what happens when heresy is taken to the extreme. There is always an elite looking down on other souls saying "sucks to be you! Too bad you're not like me. I'm special to God." The arrogance of this belief is stupefying! Only to be surpassed by the horrific brain washing.
You need to read Romans 9 again. Can not the Potter do whatever He wants to do with His clay?

Continue in that proud tone and you will die in your sin and prove yourself to be reprobate, confirming yourself to never be chosen by God, as well as justly and eternally hated by Him.

The good news is that He is currently correcting you and hopefully it won't take a tragedy in your life to humble you.

maxamir

Mar 8, 2024
Gods grace is offered to everyone, God is not going to turn someone away.

Yes, it is not by any work I did, i did not save myself. I was saved by Grace by recieving him in faith.

Yep, anyone who comes to him will be granted access to him, and to suffer.;

Amen, Abraham had faith, and through this faith righteousness was imputed on Abraham's account.

Yep. thank you, you keep proving my point for me.
the Gospel is not an offer with its success dependent upon the decisions of men but it is a proclamation that He is the Author and Finisher of the faith of His people and not themselves.

Thank you for confirming how judicially blinded you are to such simple truth. What sin is in your life that has caused God to hide this truth from you?

maxamir

Mar 8, 2024
I agree 100 %

But you can;t have perfect love if you do not love all your creation,

Oh He loves them, He was willing that non should perish. But they rejected him.

He did nto reject them, thats why he can be just and loving at the same time, and thats also why for eternity the deniers will have no argument.
God perfectly loves those He saves who are those He has chosen according to the good pleasure of His will to the praise of the glory of His grace (Eph 1:4-6) but those He hates are never humbled to be shown this simple truth.

Joh 13:1 Now before the Feast of the Passover, when Jesus knew that His hour had come that He should depart from this world to the Father, having loved His own who were in the world, He loved them to the end.

maxamir

Mar 8, 2024
WRONG

You have them born again IN SIN.

They are dead BECAUSE OF SIN, The sin issue MUST be removed before they can be made alive,

That is how redemption and justification works..

Justification PRECEDES regeneration. It is required if God is a perfect judge,.
Christ came so that His people may be risen with Him from their spiritual death and granted a new heart and Spirit so that they can obey His just command to repent and believe and then be justified.

They are called to Him through the Gospel.

Rom 8:30 Moreover whom He predestined, these He also called; whom He called, these He also justified; and whom He justified, these He also glorified.

Only those who are born again can see the kingdom of God in order to see it and choose it.

Joh 3:3 Jesus answered and said to him, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God."

maxamir

Mar 8, 2024
1. I am not arminian. And you call yourself a Christian? bearing false witness is a sin, or did you forget that?
2. God is not just if he does that, nor is he a God of love

God is both just and love because God died for all.. Anyone who is cast to hell has no one to blame but themselves. Because they rejected the thing that could save them.
If you believe salvation is dependent upon your will and choice of God then you are an Arminian whose faith is not in the grace of God but in themselves and therefore remain cursed as confirmed below.

Jer 17:5 Thus says the LORD: "Cursed is the man who trusts in man And makes flesh his strength, Whose heart departs from the LORD.

I pray the Lord will humble you to see this.

maxamir

Mar 8, 2024
NO

The gift is SALVATION.

Did I read my bible? Yes. I read it with an open mind and heart. Sadly, your mind is closed

For it is BY GRACE we have BEEN SAVED.

It is salvation, not faith.. ALthough faith is a gift also. in context. it does not fit in this passage.
you admit the verse says that grace which grants faith is a gift and I have shown you many other verses such as the one below which confirms this. Do you believe the Scriptures are contradictory?

Heb 12:2a looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith,

maxamir

Mar 8, 2024
I AM NOT A SLAVE I am free in Christ. Some here are trying to make men slaves to a doctrine like the Pharisees did.

Matheww 23 Jesus Speaking

23 Then Jesus said to the crowds and to his disciples, 2 “The teachers of religious law and the Pharisees are the official interpreters of the law of Moses. 3 So practice and obey whatever they tell you, but don’t follow their example. For they don’t practice what they teach.

4 They crush people with unbearable religious demands and never lift a finger to ease the burden.

5 “Everything they do is for show. On their arms they wear extra wide prayer boxes with Scripture verses inside, and they wear robes with extra long tassels. 6 And they love to sit at the head table at banquets and in the seats of honor in the synagogues. 7 They love to receive respectful greetings as they walk in the marketplaces, and to be called ‘Rabbi.’

8 “Don’t let anyone call you ‘Rabbi,’ for you have only one teacher, and all of you are equal as brothers and sisters. 9 And don’t address anyone here on earth as ‘Father,’ for only God in heaven is your Father. 10 And don’t let anyone call you ‘Teacher,’ for you have only one teacher, the Messiah. 11 The greatest among you must be a servant. 12 But those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.

13 “What sorrow awaits you teachers of religious law and you Pharisees. Hypocrites! For you shut the door of the Kingdom of Heaven in people’s faces. You won’t go in yourselves, and you don’t let others enter either.

15 “What sorrow awaits you teachers of religious law and you Pharisees. Hypocrites! For you cross land and sea to make one convert, and then you turn that person into twice the child of hell you yourselves are!

16 “Blind guides! What sorrow awaits you! For you say that it means nothing to swear ‘by God’s Temple,’ but that it is binding to swear ‘by the gold in the Temple.’ 17 Blind fools! Which is more importantthe gold or the Temple that makes the gold sacred? 18 And you say that to swear ‘by the altar’ is not binding, but to swear ‘by the gifts on the altar’ is binding. 19 How blind! For which is more important—the gift on the altar or the altar that makes the gift sacred? 20 When you swear ‘by the altar,’ you are swearing by it and by everything on it. 21 And when you swear ‘by the Temple,’ you are swearing by it and by God, who lives in it. 22 And when you swear ‘by heaven,’ you are swearing by the throne of God and by God, who sits on the throne.

23 “What sorrow awaits you teachers of religious law and you Pharisees. Hypocrites! For you are careful to tithe even the tiniest income from your herb gardens, but you ignore the more important aspects of the law—justice, mercy, and faith. You should tithe, yes, but do not neglect the more important things. 24 Blind guides! You strain your water so you won’t accidentally swallow a gnat, but you swallow a camel!

25 “What sorrow awaits you teachers of religious law and you Pharisees. Hypocrites! For you are so careful to clean the outside of the cup and the dish, but inside you are filthy—full of greed and self-indulgence! 26 You blind Pharisee! First wash the inside of the cup and the dish, and then the outside will become clean, too.

27 “What sorrow awaits you teachers of religious law and you Pharisees. Hypocrites! For you are like whitewashed tombs—beautiful on the outside but filled on the inside with dead people’s bones and all sorts of impurity. 28 Outwardly you look like righteous people, but inwardly your hearts are filled with hypocrisy and lawlessness.
those who are free in Christ are slaves of righteousness, therefore everyone is either a slave to sin or righteousness.

Rom 6:17 But God be thanked that though you were slaves of sin, yet you obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine to which you were delivered.
Rom 6:18 And having been set free from sin, you became slaves of righteousness.

Dec 18, 2023
Yeah nah, that heavenly live died in all men 6000 years ago, so it's old and irrelevant to us now
The heavenly life didn't die in all mankind, his life doesn't die unless he destroys his life completely.

What happend 6000 years ago was his life switched the lights of in all mankind, and your life too

everything-johncalvin.png

PaulThomson

Oct 29, 2023
Not necessarily. In the Corinthian church, many were sick and dead because of their sin. God can use chastening or death to bring destruction to His own.
What's your thoughts on Ananias and Sapphira in Acts 5?
God took their spirits and souls from their bodies. There is no reason to assume they went to hell. Maybe they did. Maybe they didn't.The text does not say.
Nor does the text say they were destroyed. Death for a Christian is not destruction. Jesus said the not to fear those who can kill the body but after that can do nothing. He said we should fear him who can destroy both body and soul in hades. Killing does not seem to be destroying.

PaulThomson

Oct 29, 2023
Yes, it is abundantly clear, and it isn't what you say. Those whom Christ paid for (bought) must be saved or He is not the Saviour.
But Christ is the Saviour, and so they will be saved - it's just as simple as that.
You say - "Those whom Christ paid for (bought) must be saved or He is not the Saviour." What is your scripture to support that opinion.

PaulThomson

Oct 29, 2023
Chastening is not destruction.

Dec 18, 2023
Yeah nah, that heavenly live died in all men 6000 years ago, so it's old and irrelevant to us now
can the none elect be born again

Matthew 5:45

New International Version

45 that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.

everything-johncalvin.png

rogerg

Jul 13, 2021
You say - "Those whom Christ paid for (bought) must be saved or He is not the Saviour." What is your scripture to support that opinion.
I think just Christ's title of Saviour should inform us of all that we need to know about salvation and of how it occurs. Nevertheless,
the Bible is full of them. Off the top I think these inform us of that. I just woke up and not thinking too clearly right now so there may be other better ones to demonstrate that. After I have coffee and wake up, I'll try to recall others, but I think the below should suffice for now.

[2Ti 1:9-10 KJV]
9 Who hath saved us, and called [us] with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

10 But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel:

[Isa 53:6 KJV]
6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.

[Heb 1:3 KJV] 3 Who being the brightness of [his] glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

[Jhn 6:37 KJV] 37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

[Jhn 6:39 KJV] 39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.

[Jhn 10:28 KJV]
28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any [man] pluck them out of my hand.

[Jhn 17:2 KJV]
2 As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.

[Rom 6:23 KJV]
23 For the wages of sin [is] death; but the gift of God [is] eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

[Tit 2:14 KJV]
14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

[Tit 3:5-6 KJV]
5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;
6 Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour;