Can the nonelect ever be born-again? (2 Kings 22:27) With the elect thou wilt be elect: and with the perverse thou wilt be perverted.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Will the nonelect ever be born-again?

• The nonelect can be born-again.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rogerg

Jul 13, 2021
You are wrong. John 5:28-29 Marvel not at this for the hour is coming in which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, and shall come forth; they that have done good unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, to the resurrection of damnation.

Jesus atoned for all and bought all and has been given all and raises all from the dead an judges all.
Disagree.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
Well God claims that election and predestination are what He does, you can't miss that. He says it over and over throughout the entire Bible. I guess we can close our eyes and ignore it or we can accept it, it all comes down to individual preferences. God can say whatever He wants but it means nothing if we ignore it.
yeah if we ignore it it won’t help

“I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭13:5‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; and ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.”
‭‭John‬ ‭8:31-32‬ ‭KJV‬‬

PaulThomson

Oct 29, 2023
PaulThomson said:
You are wrong. John 5:28-29 Marvel not at this for the hour is coming in which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, and shall come forth; they that have done good unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, to the resurrection of damnation.

Jesus atoned for all and bought all and has been given all and raises all from the dead an judges all.

You disagree with John 5:28-29? You disagree that Jesus is the Lamb who takes away the sins of the world. You disagree that the only thing that keeps anyone out of Jesus' kingdom is refusing to trust the King?

selahsays

May 31, 2023
I believe Romans 8:28-30. But I read Romans 8:28-30 in context, and I don't come to Romans 8:28-30 with your TULIP presuppositions and impose TULIP onto the text.
What’s TULIP? I’m not a Calvinist. I’m a Christian. What are you?

kinda

Jun 26, 2013
TULIP

The “Five Points of Calvinism” summarize the faith’s basic tenets, although some historians contend that it distorts the nuance of Calvin’s own theological positions.

The Five Points:

"“Total depravity” asserts that as a consequence of the fall of man into sin, every person is enslaved to sin. People are not by nature inclined to love God, but rather to serve their own interests and to reject the rule of God. Thus, all people by their own faculties are morally unable to choose to follow God and be saved because they are unwilling to do so out of the necessity of their own natures.

“Unconditional election” asserts that God has chosen from eternity those whom he will bring to himself not based on foreseen virtue, merit, or faith in those people; rather, his choice is unconditionally grounded in his mercy alone. God has chosen from eternity to extend mercy to those he has chosen and to withhold mercy from those not chosen. Those chosen receive salvation through Christ alone. Those not chosen receive the just wrath that is warranted for their sins against God.

“Limited atonement” asserts that Jesus’s substitutionary atonement was definite and certain in its purpose and in what it accomplished. This implies that only the sins of the elect were atoned for by Jesus’s death. Calvinists do not believe, however, that the atonement is limited in its value or power, but rather that the atonement is limited in the sense that it is intended for some and not all. All Calvinists would affirm that the blood of Christ was sufficient to pay for every single human being IF it were God’s intention to save every single human being.

“Irresistible grace” asserts that the saving grace of God is effectually applied to those whom he has determined to save (that is, the elect) and overcomes their resistance to obeying the call of the gospel, bringing them to a saving faith. This means that when God sovereignly purposes to save someone, that individual certainly will be saved. The doctrine holds that this purposeful influence of God’s Holy Spirit cannot be resisted.

“Perseverance of the saints” asserts that since God is sovereign and his will cannot be frustrated by humans or anything else, those whom God has called into communion with himself will continue in faith until the end."

https://courses.lumenlearning.com/a...m is a major branch,in the salvation of souls.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
PaulThomson said:

You disagree with John 5:28-29? You disagree that Jesus is the Lamb who takes away the sins of the world. You disagree that the only thing that keeps anyone out of Jesus' kingdom is refusing to trust the King?
Amen

“And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent: because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭17:30-31‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“And he commanded us to preach unto the people, and to testify that it is he which was ordained of God to be the Judge of quick and dead.

To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins.

While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word.

….For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God. Then answered Peter, Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we? And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then prayed they him to tarry certain days.”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭10:42-44, 46-48‬ ‭KJV‬‬

CS1

May 23, 2012
those who are free in Christ are slaves of righteousness, therefore everyone is either a slave to sin or righteousness.

Rom 6:17 But God be thanked that though you were slaves of sin, yet you obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine to which you were delivered.
Rom 6:18 And having been set free from sin, you became slaves of righteousness.

There many things in Christ we are:
1. free Whom the son HAS SET FREE IS FREE INDEED
2. A New Creature in Christ Jesus
3. slave to Righteousness = I am continued in a right relationship with God through Christ.

selahsays

May 31, 2023

Where’s your scripture?

selahsays

May 31, 2023
I believe Romans 8:28-30. But I read Romans 8:28-30 in context, and I don't come to Romans 8:28-30 with your TULIP presuppositions and impose TULIP onto the text.
So in what context do you read Romans 8:28-30?

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
Well it's very simple. Show me the map where Israel received all the land promised. It's just a simple fact of history. God fulfilled the promise but Joshua never took all the land promised. So I believe it's a future happening.

But with this verse it is plain as day. These prophets were saved then they were false prophets, spreading lies.
I showed you the word of God. Isn't that what you are asking me to believe?

Also, I would be very appreciative if you would answer my 4 questions.

selahsays

May 31, 2023
I have no interest in peoples labels it’s not biblical what I believe is written on scripture it doesn’t matter if someone labels me lol what difference does that make ?

a instead of studying theology I’ve spent my life studying the bible which i believe to be Gods true word

aid you have an issue with anything I say or believe I’ll show you where it’s written in the Bible , then you can create the label for it if you wish

a and yeah I have no clue what Arminianism or whatever is , I’ve i te tribally acoided for 70 years getting pulled into to the worldly theology argument the “ which denomination is the true one “ debate all that stuff I’ve intentionally avoided like the plague

whatever I say is because I’ve read it in the Bible , now that doesn’t mean what I say is right or that I understand everything I read in the Bible or that anyone else is wrong who disagrees with me lol my point is only that whatever I believe is in the Bible pretty plainly

ive been labeled twenty different denominations and theology names in my time and never bothered to look o to a single label or what it meant but I have studied the gospel and prayed a lot about it studied the law and prophets asked the lord to help me learn I have studied the apostles writings a bit and tried to learn again prayerfully with patience

whatever label you want to out on that isnt really relevant to me anyways , the onot label I accept is a disciple of Jesus Christ . A poor and weak and Imperfect disciple I confess but I don’t know anything about Arminianism or probably the rest of the theological labels you’ve investigated that’s a subject I know zero about

actually there’s one “ denomination “ that I did discuss for a time with because hey would t stop coming to my door lol so I do know a bit about Mormonism and what they believe but of course I’m not a Mormon you would t hear me teaching most of what they think . But only the things that are in the Bible that they believe I have agreement with them on that issue like I do with anyone else no matter the denominational label who believes the e same things in the Bible
I also do not label myself by any name except the name of Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior. I’m a Christian.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
Do you hnest;y think the reason a son is stoned to death by his parents under the mosaic law was because he wasn't in Christ? Where is that in the old testament?
He was stoned for his disobedience. His disobedience was because he wasn't in saving relationship with God. Since there is only 1 mediator between God and man, he wasn't in Christ.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Amen

“And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent: because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.” ‭‭Acts‬ ‭17:30-31‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“And he commanded us to preach unto the people, and to testify that it is he which was ordained of God to be the Judge of quick and dead.

To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins.

While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word.

….For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God. Then answered Peter, Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we? And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then prayed they him to tarry certain days.”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭10:42-44, 46-48‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Acts 17:30
:)

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
I also do not label myself by any name except the name of Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior. I’m a Christian.
Yeah Studying differences theology isn’t an interest of mine, others find it interesting and useful I don’t .

I literally have avoided it I realized my own opinion was it’s fodder for endless arguments and judging other people “ you don’t have the holy spirit like I do because you dont agree with the same things I do “ “ my denomination has all the right answers all others are wrong and not official not of God corrupt ect ect “ is often where it leads most often really and isnt for seeking the truth but more for “proving I’m right “ and your wrong which then needs to avoid much that shows I wasnt really right all the way lol

I believe the differences are because each only sees some parts and refuse to adjust when they see other things present and clear they hadn’t before

house divided will not and there’s just one church in all the world from Africa to the North Pole to Australia to China to the good ole USA God only has one church on earth but denominations actions divide them into opposing sections based on what each one’s leader said

Martin luther …Calvin …ect ect ect it comes down to a man’s interpretation of Christianity …. Rather then the Christs declaration of Christianity to all people in tbe everlasting and unchanging gospel

“For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; and they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.”
‭‭2 Timothy‬ ‭4:3-4‬ ‭

i believe the things Jesus taught whatever label that brings so be it is how I see it

I agree with you I’m just a common Christian bout 2000 years after Jesus lives and died and rose again that’s all I really identify with other than an old fool who really needed a savior in this life and am thankful to the lord who is that very thing I needed and many others need

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
He was stoned for his disobedience. His disobedience was because he wasn't in saving relationship with God. Since there is only 1 mediator between God and man, he wasn't in Christ.
Right the difference in the law is he was under this rule and ordination

Behold, I send an Angel before thee, to keep thee in the way, and to bring thee into the place which I have prepared. Beware of him, and obey his voice, provoke him not; for he will not pardon your transgressions: for my name is in him.”
‭‭Exodus‬ ‭23:20-21‬ ‭KJV‬‬

So then you get this dispostion delivering the word to the people

“And while the children of Israel were in the wilderness, they found a man that gathered sticks upon the sabbath day. And the LORD said unto Moses, The man shall be surely put to death: all the congregation shall stone him with stones without the camp. And all the congregation brought him without the camp, and stoned him with stones, and he died; as the LORD commanded Moses.”
‭‭Numbers‬ ‭15:32, 35-36‬ ‭KJV‬‬

And so the wayward disobedient son under the law

“If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son, which will not obey the voice of his father, or the voice of his mother, and that, when they have chastened him, will not hearken unto them:

then shall his father and his mother lay hold on him, and bring him out unto the elders of his city, and unto the gate of his place; and they shall say unto the elders of his city, This our son is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton, and a drunkard. And all the men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die: so shalt thou put evil away from among you; and all Israel shall hear, and fear.”
‭‭Deuteronomy‬ ‭21:18-21‬ ‭

that’s how far from Christianity ( being in Christs doctrine ) the law is

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
Wow this seems as if it’s a new “ style “ you’ve recently began to work with or at least that I’ve noticed

i really like some of the textures in there and sort of how it has a “ sprinkled “ look that’s really cool

Dec 18, 2023
TULIP

The “Five Points of Calvinism” summarize the faith’s basic tenets, although some historians contend that it distorts the nuance of Calvin’s own theological positions.

The Five Points:

"“Total depravity” asserts that as a consequence of the fall of man into sin, every person is enslaved to sin. People are not by nature inclined to love God, but rather to serve their own interests and to reject the rule of God. Thus, all people by their own faculties are morally unable to choose to follow God and be saved because they are unwilling to do so out of the necessity of their own natures.

“Unconditional election” asserts that God has chosen from eternity those whom he will bring to himself not based on foreseen virtue, merit, or faith in those people; rather, his choice is unconditionally grounded in his mercy alone. God has chosen from eternity to extend mercy to those he has chosen and to withhold mercy from those not chosen. Those chosen receive salvation through Christ alone. Those not chosen receive the just wrath that is warranted for their sins against God.

“Limited atonement” asserts that Jesus’s substitutionary atonement was definite and certain in its purpose and in what it accomplished. This implies that only the sins of the elect were atoned for by Jesus’s death. Calvinists do not believe, however, that the atonement is limited in its value or power, but rather that the atonement is limited in the sense that it is intended for some and not all. All Calvinists would affirm that the blood of Christ was sufficient to pay for every single human being IF it were God’s intention to save every single human being.

“Irresistible grace” asserts that the saving grace of God is effectually applied to those whom he has determined to save (that is, the elect) and overcomes their resistance to obeying the call of the gospel, bringing them to a saving faith. This means that when God sovereignly purposes to save someone, that individual certainly will be saved. The doctrine holds that this purposeful influence of God’s Holy Spirit cannot be resisted.

“Perseverance of the saints” asserts that since God is sovereign and his will cannot be frustrated by humans or anything else, those whom God has called into communion with himself will continue in faith until the end."

https://courses.lumenlearning.com/a...m is a major branch,in the salvation of souls.
T,u,l,i,p

Total depravity when God decides

Unconditional election when God decides

Limited atonement when God decides

Irresistible grace when God decides

Perseverance of the saints, when God decides .

😊
Therefore

Screenshot_20240420-002515.png

Dec 18, 2023
yeah if we ignore it it won’t help

“I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭13:5‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; and ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.”
‭‭John‬ ‭8:31-32‬ ‭KJV‬‬
Nope you purposely set out posting comments to me, knowingly pretending your not ignoring me, when you know fine well you wasn't ignoring me, by digging up threads that are long dead, you where hoping you could get me respond by making me feel ignored, your the ignorant one

So no accusing people of being ignorant is a measure of your own ignorance, which you are using to provoke @Charlie_2024 , which is hardly a way to proclaim Gods message.

ThereRoseaLamb

Jan 17, 2023
I showed you the word of God. Isn't that what you are asking me to believe?

Also, I would be very appreciative if you would answer my 4 questions.

I didn't see four questions. No that's not what I'm asking you to believe. Not at all.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
I didn't see four questions. No that's not what I'm asking you to believe. Not at all.
Post 1549 has my questions.
And what I meant in my response was that you asked me to believe the scripture in question. That's what I asked of you. God gave them the land. It was Israel themselves who didn't appropriate it for themselves. Nevertheless, God stated very clearly in scripture that He had fulfilled His promise concerning the land. And my point was that here you accept the plain rendering of scripture and in that case you do not. It is the very thing you and others have claimed of others. And my point in doing so isn't to point out any wrongdoing on your part or theirs, but merely point out that we all go beyond the apparent meaning of scripture when we believe it doesn't harmonize to us with other paasages.