Can the nonelect ever be born-again? (2 Kings 22:27) With the elect thou wilt be elect: and with the perverse thou wilt be perverted.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Will the nonelect ever be born-again?

• The nonelect can be born-again.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dec 18, 2023
you have disobeyed God, and turned your back on Him at your own peril. He sent prophets but you hate them and reject them and believe in yourself. Good luck on judgement day
Isaiah 2.4 (KJV)
4And he shall judge among the nations, and shall rebuke many people: and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more.

therefore quote-we-cannot-rely-on-god-s-promises-without-obeying-his-commandments-john-calvin-139-76-54.jpg

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
Amen!
Those verses are talking about those without God.
indeed there’s a transformation that needs to occur

This is Christian doctrine we dont really hear about

“Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.”
‭‭John‬ ‭18:37‬ ‭

if so be that ye have heard him, and have been taught by him, as the truth is in Jesus:

that ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts; ( the man who’s bound without control )

and be renewed in the spirit of your mind; ( what hearing and believing the gospel does )

and that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness. ( this iman isn’t bound without hope he isn’t overpowered and corrupted by sin he’s being made new by faith hearing and believing the lords truth ….and so we’re instructed towst da that goal )

Wherefore putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbour:( thou shalt not lie )

for we are members one of another. Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath: neither give place to the devil.

Let him that stole steal no more: ( thou shalt not steal ) but rather let him labour, working with his hands the thing which is good, that he may have to give to him that needeth.

Let no ( the new man is in control he can) corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.

And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

Let all ( the believer has the control ) bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice: and be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.”( the chrirtians can pursue and do those things they can repent when they do the opposite )
‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭4:21-32‬ ‭KJV‬‬

the devil is still telling born again folks they are the same as they were before they received his spirit. The devil is still denying and trying to hide this from mankind

“And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, in meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;

and that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.”
‭‭2 Timothy‬ ‭2:24-26‬ ‭KJV‬‬

and so we have a choice now fully informed by Christ

“What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.

Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey;

whether of sin unto death,

or of obedience unto righteousness?

But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin,( past tense )

but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you. Being then made free from sin, ( cirrent tense )

ye became the servants of righteousness.( new identity )

I speak after the manner of men because of the infirmity of your flesh: for as ye have yielded your members servants to uncleanness and to iniquity unto iniquity; ( in the past we sinned freely )

even so now yield your members servants to righteousness unto holiness. ( now we are called in Christ to righteousness and holiness )

For when ye were the servants of sin, ( past tense ) ye were free from righteousness.

But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭6:15-20, 22‬ ‭KJV‬‬

when we live our lives convinces we’re just sinners who can’t do anything God taught us to do , we’re missing rhe whole intent and power of the gospel to save sinners by bringing us to repentance changing our will not violating it but cha gong it from sin to God over time as we abide in the truth God changes us so we can walk upright

FollowerofShiloh

Jan 24, 2024
indeed there’s a transformation that needs to occur

This is Christian doctrine we dont really hear about

“Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.”
‭‭John‬ ‭18:37‬ ‭

if so be that ye have heard him, and have been taught by him, as the truth is in Jesus:

that ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts; ( the man who’s bound without control )

and be renewed in the spirit of your mind; ( what hearing and believing the gospel does )

and that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness. ( this iman isn’t bound without hope he isn’t overpowered and corrupted by sin he’s being made new by faith hearing and believing the lords truth ….and so we’re instructed towst da that goal )

Wherefore putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbour:( thou shalt not lie )

for we are members one of another. Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath: neither give place to the devil.

Let him that stole steal no more: ( thou shalt not steal ) but rather let him labour, working with his hands the thing which is good, that he may have to give to him that needeth.

Let no ( the new man is in control he can) corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.

And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

Let all ( the believer has the control ) bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice: and be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.”( the chrirtians can pursue and do those things they can repent when they do the opposite )
‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭4:21-32‬ ‭KJV‬‬

the devil is still telling born again folks they are the same as they were before they received his spirit. The devil is still denying and trying to hide this from mankind

“And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, in meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;

and that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.”
‭‭2 Timothy‬ ‭2:24-26‬ ‭KJV‬‬

and so we have a choice now fully informed by Christ

“What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.

Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey;

whether of sin unto death,

or of obedience unto righteousness?

But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin,( past tense )

but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you. Being then made free from sin, ( cirrent tense )

ye became the servants of righteousness.( new identity )

I speak after the manner of men because of the infirmity of your flesh: for as ye have yielded your members servants to uncleanness and to iniquity unto iniquity; ( in the past we sinned freely )

even so now yield your members servants to righteousness unto holiness. ( now we are called in Christ to righteousness and holiness )

For when ye were the servants of sin, ( past tense ) ye were free from righteousness.

But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭6:15-20, 22‬ ‭KJV‬‬

when we live our lives convinces we’re just sinners who can’t do anything God taught us to do , we’re missing rhe whole intent and power of the gospel to save sinners by bringing us to repentance changing our will not violating it but cha gong it from sin to God over time as we abide in the truth God changes us so we can walk upright
Praise God!

But the beauty and reason for why I posted those 2 verses because it shows that God did make a way for all men to seek and find Him.
Which proves this doctrine that God made some people for Hell a sham.
Even though man does not seek God, God still made a way for man to find Him.
And people who have rejected God will be shown that God made a way for them and they denied it on Judgement Day.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
Praise God!

But the beauty and reason for why I posted those 2 verses because it shows that God did make a way for all men to seek and find Him.
Which proves this doctrine that God made some people for Hell a sham.
Even though man does not seek God, God still made a way for man to find Him.
And people who have rejected God will be shown that God made a way for them and they denied it on Judgement Day.
Amen and I was just adding to that, showing he also took sinners who didn’t and wouldn’t seek god in tbe ot and gave them life and power to seek him through the gospel by coming to them and announcing here I am and this is what I’ve said believe me and live forever I found you , now seek for me where I’m going

Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect:

but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.”
‭‭Philippians‬ ‭3:12‬ ‭KJV‬‬

We have a role too and we’re capable now n my mind it works perfectly with what you’ve said and shown but again I’m an old fool that always offers a lot of salt to those im talking with

FollowerofShiloh

Jan 24, 2024
Amen and I was just adding to that, showing he also took sinners who didn’t and wouldn’t seek god in tbe ot and gave them life and power to seek him through the gospel by coming to them and announcing here I am and this is what I’ve said believe me and live forever I found you , now seek for me where I’m going

Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect:

but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.”
‭‭Philippians‬ ‭3:12‬ ‭KJV‬‬

We have a role too and we’re capable now n my mind it works perfectly with what you’ve said and shown but again I’m an old fool that always offers a lot of salt to those im talking with
Very well put, Brother!
Excellent summation of my thoughts (y)

Dec 18, 2023
Not true at all. The Bible says that Gods Holy Spirit, only lives in His children. The children of the Devil have His spirt living in them
It seemd Jean Calvin taught the exact the same thing I have said all along that everyone is given a seed.

He also suggests that the wicked never willingly come to God.

But in saying they never willingly do, he is saying that they could willingly do so.

Read for yourself.

Read free online also.
https://ccel.org/ccel/calvin/institutes/institutes.iii.v.html

Jean Calvin

1. The knowledge of God suppressed by ignorance, many falling away into superstition. Such persons, however, inexcusable, because their error is accompanied with pride and stubbornness.
2. Stubbornness the companion of impiety.
3. No pretext can justify superstition. This proved, first, from reason; and, secondly, from Scripture.

Look here he says it's possible the wicked can willingly come to God but never do.

4. The wicked never willingly come into the presence of God. Hence their hypocrisy. Hence, too, their sense of Deity leads to no good result.
1. But though experience testifies that a seed of religion is divinely sown in all, scarcely one in a hundred is found who cherishes it in his heart, and not one in whom it grows to maturity so far is it from yielding fruit in its season. Moreover, while some lose themselves in superstitious observances, and others, of set purpose, wickedly revolt from God, the result is that, in regard to the true knowledge of him, all are so degenerate, that in no part of the world can genuine godliness be found. In saying that some fall away into superstition, I mean not to insinuate that their excessive absurdity frees them from guilt; for the blindness under which they labour is almost invariably accompanied with vain pride and stubbornness

maxamir

Mar 8, 2024
God is not a murder. He did not create a people for Him to destroy. Like I said with a toy factory, why would they make broken toys on purpose. It makes no sense.
God justly kills about two people every second because the soul that sins shall die and the wages of sin is death (Eze 18:4,20, Rom 6:23).

Was God wrong for killing every man. woman, child and animal in the Flood except the remnant?

Deu_32:39 'Now see that I, even I, am He, And there is no God besides Me; I kill and I make alive; I wound and I heal; Nor is there any who can deliver from My hand.

It seems like you do not yet know that God is thrice holy and hates evil so much that he killed His only Son to save His people from their sin.

Isa 53:4 Surely He has borne our griefs And carried our sorrows; Yet we esteemed Him stricken, Smitten by God, and afflicted.

maxamir

Mar 8, 2024
1 Timothy 2:4
Who desires all people to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.

2 Peter 3:9
The Lord is not slow to fulfill his promise as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance.

John 3:16
“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.

Ezekiel 33:11
Say to them, As I live, declares the Lord God, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but that the wicked turn from his way and live; turn back, turn back from your evil ways, for why will you die, O house of Israel?

Ezekiel 18:32
For I have no pleasure in the death of anyone, declares the Lord God; so turn, and live.”

1 Timothy 2:3-4
This is good, and it is pleasing in the sight of God our Savior, who desires all people to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.

1 Timothy 4:10
For to this end we toil and strive, because we have our hope set on the living God, who is the Savior of all people, especially of those who believe. The Savior of all, but especially those who believe.

I didn't write the verses. This isn't what I think. It isn't opinion. And it's not all the verses either.
have you ever considered that those verses in context were written about the brethren throughout the whole world who God does not wish to perish and therefore grants them the repentance they need?

Do you believe the Scriptures are inspired, inerrant and fallible? Because if you do then the your view would ne contradictory to other Scriptures as the one below which clearly states that Christ rejoiced in the truth being hidden from some and thanked His Father for doing so and even called it good. How is that God sincerely desiring to save everyone???

Luk 10:21 In that hour Jesus rejoiced in the Spirit and said, "I thank You, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that You have hidden these things from the wise and prudent and revealed them to babes. Even so, Father, for so it seemed good in Your sight.

I highly recommend you and all who think that God desires to save every person including those He justly decreed to go to Hell read the article below.

Does God Really Desire to Save the Reprobate?

maxamir

Mar 8, 2024
There many things in Christ we are:
1. free Whom the son HAS SET FREE IS FREE INDEED
2. A New Creature in Christ Jesus
3. slave to Righteousness = I am continued in a right relationship with God through Christ.
a slave is someone who no longer has their own will and those in Christ are dead to themselves and their will and have been made new creatures and given a new will which joyfully and gratefully submits to God in all things.

maxamir

Mar 8, 2024
Yawn.

The gospel is called Good news.

There is nothing good about something being forced on you

But hey, Keep following men.. See where it will get you
the Gospel is good news only to those who are brought to understand the truth of the bad news which your false doctrine inhibits.

maxamir

Mar 8, 2024
God loved THE WORLD.

Keep thinking you are special.. One day you will find out how much of a lie you feel for
if He loved everyone in the world without exception as you falsely believe then why did Christ not pray for the world below?

Joh 17:9 "I pray for them. I do not pray for the world but for those whom You have given Me, for they are Yours.

FollowerofShiloh

Jan 24, 2024
have you ever considered that those verses in context were written about the brethren throughout the whole world who God does not wish to perish and therefore grants them the repentance they need?

Do you believe the Scriptures are inspired, inerrant and fallible? Because if you do then the your view would ne contradictory to other Scriptures as the one below which clearly states that Christ rejoiced in the truth being hidden from some and thanked His Father for doing so and even called it good. How is that God sincerely desiring to save everyone???

Luk 10:21 In that hour Jesus rejoiced in the Spirit and said, "I thank You, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that You have hidden these things from the wise and prudent and revealed them to babes. Even so, Father, for so it seemed good in Your sight.

I highly recommend you and all who think that God desires to save every person including those He justly decreed to go to Hell read the article below.

Does God Really Desire to Save the Reprobate?
He saved Saul/Paul and even asked Saul why are you persecuting Me?
Talk about reprobate. Saul's mind believed he was doing God's Will by persecuting God.
It doesn't get any worse than that. That's worse than homosexuality which is an abomination unto God.

maxamir

Mar 8, 2024
In order to be born again YOU MUST HAVE THE PENALTY OF SIN REMOVED

You can not be born again IN SIN.
a person is born again into a new creature from sin.

2Co 5:17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.

and can not even see the kingdom of God to see their need of the forgiveness of sin unless they are first born again.

Joh 3:3 Jesus answered and said to him, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God."

maxamir

Mar 8, 2024
You need to stop listing to men my friend.

A catholic is not arminian.. They were around LONG before the calvin arminian debate got started.

You are so in deep you are unable to think clearly.

I believe in the garce of God. I did nto save myself because I chose to recieve salvation. because I did nothign to earn it.

God humbled me 40 years ago Will he humble you?
God has humbled me enough to know that the reason why He chose to save me had absolutely nothing to do with who I am or what I did, do or will do.

Those who think that their decision to follow Christ is the reason they are saved are not yet saved because they have not yet been humbled to know that salvation belongs to the Lord alone.

maxamir

Mar 8, 2024
He saved Saul/Paul and even asked Saul why are you persecuting Me?
Talk about reprobate. Saul's mind believed he was doing God's Will by persecuting God.
It doesn't get any worse than that. That's worse than homosexuality which is an abomination unto God.
where sin abounds, grace abounds even much more so! (Rom 5:20).

Paul was turned into a trophy of God's awesome grace, it is no wonder he spoke the words below.

2Co_9:15 Thanks be to God for His indescribable gift!

FollowerofShiloh

Jan 24, 2024
where sin abounds, grace abounds even much more so! (Rom 5:20).

Paul was turned into a trophy of God's awesome grace, it is no wonder he spoke the words below.

2Co_9:15 Thanks be to God for His indescribable gift!
Paul also said in Acts...
26 Through One Man (Adam) all men was created on earth...
27 He did this so they would look for him. He wanted them to reach out and find him. But he is not far from each one of us.

[HE] in verse 27 is GOD!

So God did this and God wanted them (all men) to look for Him and find Him.

maxamir

Mar 8, 2024
The illustrations below make very clear the two types of theology regarding the way God saves people.

The first says that man is floating down a fast moving river towards a waterfall unto certain death and Christ comes along with a rope, throws it to the person, who catches it and is pulled into safety.

The second says that man is not floating but is dead and hitting the cobblestones on the bottom of the river on his way to the waterfall. Christ comes along with a rope, ties it to Himself and a tree, dives into the river, grabs the person, brings them to shore and resuscitates them.

Which one gives glory to God?

In the first illustration the man was ultimately saved by his ability to hold the rope and can boast in his strength whereas the second illustration gives al the glory to God for securing the salvation of the man who was unable to save himself.

Which illustration do you believe?

CS1

May 23, 2012
a slave is someone who no longer has their own will and those in Christ are dead to themselves and their will and have been made new creatures and given a new will which joyfully and gratefully submits to God in all things.
FYI, I died; therefore, the life I am living is in Christ.

Paul said much more than be slave more context to the one verse you used in 6:22

What does it say before and after 22? :

19 I am using an example from everyday life because of your human limitations.

Just as you used to offer yourselves as slaves to impurity and to ever-increasing wickedness,
so now offer yourselves as slaves to righteousness leading to holiness.

20 When you were slaves to sin, you were free from the control of righteousness.

21 What benefit did you reap at that time from the things you are now ashamed of? Those things result in death!

22 But now that you have been set free from sin and have become slaves of God,

the benefit you reap leads to holiness, and the result is eternal life.

23 For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.