Can the sinner who repents->believes-> gets saved... STOP sinning in life ?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
H

hislastwalk

You can't stop sinning all together,(That's impossible) but you don't sin everyday..

your sinful nature was crucified with Christ.

C

cfultz3

You can't stop sinning all together,(That's impossible) but you don't sin everyday..

your sinful nature was crucified with Christ.
Did you lose a little weight, all I see is bones :)

T

Tombo

I apologise for assuming wrong.

We are definitely born into a sinful world. Sin is not born in us.
Another falsehood. If we did not inherit Adam's sinful nature, then why do we die just as God warned Adam and Eve that on the day they eat from the forbidden tree they would surely die??? Why do babies and children die of cancer and all kinds of diseases. Is it becasue they didn't repent of their sins??!!
The problem is is that you don't like the picture that the Bible paints of humans as dead in sin and in desperate need of a savior. You would rather cling to the notion that everyone is capable of repenting in their own strength and winning favor with God. It will never work.
God saves whom He wills to save. And the one who God draws to His Son will never be cast out FOR ANY REASON. Does that mean we can sin all we want? NO!!!! We have told you and showed you from scripture that that cannot be for a true child of God.
You are lost in your works gospel and will never be saved until you cry out to God as one dead in sin and unable to do any good. When you do that, then you will start to repent and do good works.
Give God the glory for saving whomever HE choses to save, and accept the fact that once HE saves you, you cannot lose that salvation. If you believe otherwise, you are fallen from grace and lost.
God bless.

Tom

Feb 11, 2012
:) If you read what I said, then it would be clear I was talking about Tommy.

I have answered many of your questions in my many posts, I choose not to respond to you because you have made up your mind when the sin stops, and I will not argue with you.

Skinski has much more knowledge in the scriptures, than I do, and I am very thankful for all His input and truth here.

I am learning much from him,I suggest you and your fiend's do the same.

I am in total agreement with Skinski on all his posts, not because I think he is right, but because the word of God is right, and he brings it to life, I don't have time to answer all your questions, as most are of the strawmen nature, and all you who call us Pharisees do not have any understanding what true repentance and faith is.

IF you want answers from me, then go and read all my posts, I know you have difficulty reading them but they will answer all your probing questions you and your friends can read.

Otherwise my posts here are for the few who want truth, and at least willing to seek it out!

I do not agree with you Mr Fultz, that is obvious, and I have read many of your responses to me and Skinski, and you cannot say you have crucified your flesh in repentance, or say all sin is the same, or we are teaching sinless perfection and legalism which is a lie and false accusations!

Hope this helps you to understand my position here.

Feb 11, 2012
Quote>

. It is FAITH and faith alone in Christ Jesus that saves, and the works which are done in Christ are because of having been saved in the first place.

Martin Luther posted this false statement of faith alone, he sure diddnt like the book of James, that clearly teaches otherwise.

Courtesy of standingthegap.org>

Biblical Faith:
According to the Bible Faith WORKS by Love, Purifies the heart of sin and produces Victory over the world, flesh and devil! (Gal5:6, 1Pet1:22, 1Jh5:4-5) Bible Faith turns on OBEDIENCE to the Truth, (Rom1:5, 6:16-17, Heb5:9, 10:35-36, 11:8) Faith ALONE Does not Produce Salvation! (James2:24)
Faith Produces the WORKS of Faith, to WALK in the Steps of Faith and DO the Obedience of Faith!
(John8:39, Rom4:12, 19-21)

Thus Bible Faith Upholds and Establishes the Law, (Rom3:31) WALKS in the Righteous Requirements of the Law, (Rom8:1-4) and Circumcises the Heart so it can Please God! (Col2:11) NO ONE can be Saved by a Faith that has Failed to Produce these qualities in the heart.

Faith According to the Lie:
The Focus is always on TRUST, never Obedience. You ‘Trust’ that your sins are forgiven in advance, Christ Obeyed for you and God can no longer see you sinning! The DOING is in God’s hands, not yours. You come to Him Promising nothing, Committing nothing, Unchanged to ‘Receive’ the ‘Transfer of Trust’ and be saved. You are ‘Receiving’ NOT OBEYING, as the Bible Says. FAITH does not exist!

Under this System God is Pretending (or fooling Himself!) that you are Jesus! The Transfer, which is called, ‘Faith’, Covers all your transgression, past, present and future. You don’t have to STOP Sinning to Receive Jesus, nor do you have to Stop sinning to remain in Jesus. It’s the Perfect formula for a Seared Conscience.

C

cfultz3

Quote>

. It is FAITH and faith alone in Christ Jesus that saves, and the works which are done in Christ are because of having been saved in the first place.

Martin Luther posted this false statement of faith alone, he sure diddnt like the book of James, that clearly teaches otherwise.

Biblical Faith:
According to the Bible Faith WORKS by Love, Purifies the heart of sin and produces Victory over the world, flesh and devil! (Gal5:6, 1Pet1:22, 1Jh5:4-5) Bible Faith turns on OBEDIENCE to the Truth, (Rom1:5, 6:16-17, Heb5:9, 10:35-36, 11:8) Faith ALONE Does not Produce Salvation! (James2:24)
Faith Produces the WORKS of Faith, to WALK in the Steps of Faith and DO the Obedience of Faith!

Thus Bible Faith Upholds and Establishes the Law, (Rom3:31) WALKS in the Righteous Requirements of the Law, (Rom8:1-4) and Circumcises the Heart so it can Please God! (Col2:11) NO ONE can be Saved by a Faith that has Failed to Produce these qualities in the heart.

The Focus is always on TRUST, never Obedience. You ‘Trust’ that your sins are forgiven in advance, Christ Obeyed for you and God can no longer see you sinning! The DOING is in God’s hands, not yours. You come to Him Promising nothing, Committing nothing, Unchanged to ‘Receive’ the ‘Transfer of Trust’ and be saved. You are ‘Receiving’ NOT OBEYING, as the Bible Says. FAITH does not exist!

Under this System God is Pretending (or fooling Himself!) that you are Jesus! The Transfer, which is called, ‘Faith’, Covers all your transgression, past, present and future. You don’t have to STOP Sinning to Receive Jesus, nor do you have to Stop sinning to remain in Jesus. It’s the Perfect formula for a Seared Conscience.
Oh, he speaks now. Are you saying I am preaching Martin Luther? Or are you assuming that is what I am preaching?

C

cfultz3

Well, since you cannot post your words and have to post from another, I will not respond your copying knowledge.

A

AnandaHya

opps nevermind....

T

Tombo

Quote>

Biblical Faith:

Please answer the question about Adam's inherited sin that I've already posted:

If we did not inherit Adam's sinful nature, then why do we die just as God warned Adam and Eve that on the day they eat from the forbidden tree they would surely die??? Why do babies and children die of cancer and all kinds of diseases. Is it becasue they didn't repent of their sins??!!
The problem is is that you don't like the picture that the Bible paints of humans as dead in sin and in desperate need of a savior. You would rather cling to the notion that everyone is capable of repenting in their own strength and winning favor with God. It will never work.
God saves whom He wills to save. And the one who God draws to His Son will never be cast out FOR ANY REASON. Does that mean we can sin all we want? NO!!!! We have told you and showed you from scripture that that cannot be for a true child of God.
You are lost in your works gospel and will never be saved until you cry out to God as one dead in sin and unable to do any good. When you do that, then you will start to repent and do good works.
Give God the glory for saving whomever HE choses to save, and accept the fact that once HE saves you, you cannot lose that salvation. If you believe otherwise, you are fallen from grace and lost.
God bless.

Tom

C

cfultz3

Since these are your words and not another's, I will responde
I have answered many of your questions in my many posts, I choose not to respond to you because you have made up your mind when the sin stops, and I will not argue with you. --- Is it I or the verses I listed with which you disagree? You just sinned by slandering what I list from the Bible, as though I had evil intent with the verses you disagree with. Who says we are arguing, ever heard of debating? Am I your enemy because I post verses which you do not agree to?

Skinski has much more knowledge in the scriptures, than I do, and I am very thankful for all His input and truth here.

I am learning much from him,I suggest you and your fiend's do the same. --- May you also learn from him that every human sin and he who says that he has no sin is deceived and the Truth is not in him. Do you disagree with that verse?

I am in total agreement with Skinski on all his posts, not because I think he is right, but because the word of God is right, and he brings it to life, I don't have time to answer all your questions, as most are of the strawmen nature, and all you who call us Pharisees do not have any understanding what true repentance and faith is. --- So the verses which are listed are nothing but strawmans. You keep sinning by implying that my points are done in an evil manner. Do you say you know my heart? You might not agree with this, but only God knows the heart of a man. Do you know that judging another is a sin, when all in all, we all sin. Are you without sin, then throw the first stone.

IF you want answers from me, then go and read all my posts, I know you have difficulty reading them but they will answer all your probing questions you and your friends can read.

Otherwise my posts here are for the few who want truth, and at least willing to seek it out! --- Now you are saying I have problem with reading. Well, If I can write, then certainly I can read. Are you calling me stupid? I am sure you are not, but what problems do you think I have with reading? So now, you are saying I do not seek truth. My advise is for you to stop sinning and seek grace.

I do not agree with you Mr Fultz, that is obvious, and I have read many of your responses to me and Skinski, and you cannot say you have crucified your flesh in repentance, or say all sin is the same, or we are teaching sinless perfection and legalism which is a lie and false accusations! ---Have you completely crucified your flesh and live prefectly? Are you without sin? Really, without sin? I have said sin is defined as sin. So, do we mistake against God, or do we offend God by our offence? So, yes, sin is sin.

Hope this helps you to understand my position here. --- Yes, it does. And I hope that one day you will wake up to reality that nothing can be done without Jesus. And that you will stop trying to gain victory we have in Jesus through your flesh.

Last edited:
T

Tombo

I have answered many of your questions in my many posts, I choose not to respond to you because you have made up your mind when the sin stops, and I will not argue with you.

I am learning much from him,I suggest you and your fiend's do the same.

I am in total agreement with Skinski on all his posts, not because I think he is right, but because the word of God is right, and he brings it to life, I don't have time to answer all your questions, as most are of the strawmen nature, and all you who call us Pharisees do not have any understanding what true repentance and faith is.

Otherwise my posts here are for the few who want truth, and at least willing to seek it out!

I do not agree with you Mr Fultz, that is obvious, and I have read many of your responses to me and Skinski, and you cannot say you have crucified your flesh in repentance, or say all sin is the same, or we are teaching sinless perfection and legalism which is a lie and false accusations!

Hope this helps you to understand my position here.
That is one of the reasons you're being misled.

Tom

Dec 19, 2009
Some verses for nay to that thread title answer .

Sorry, those opposed, I have not one 'yea' verse for you. Will I ever? Nay.

Paul speaking to the Romans:

Romans 7:19-20 King James Version (KJV)

19 For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.

20 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
-,,,,,,-
Sigh, we are such sinful beasts , not knowing our left hand from our right, so to speak.

We probably wouldn't even know what happened (until.it was too late) if sin creeped up to us and bit us with a nasty bite in butt. :D

Fear not, God will heal your butt , might take some time for the wound to heal, and make sure you clean it nightly for several days, until no redness shows and, note, that, for some, with weaker immune systems this process may take a bit longer . Might even need neosporin, or, prescription antibiotics, to heal sin's bite. But, fear not, don't you worry, brother nor sister, your prayers and your faith to your God will make it all turn out well :)

It is well.
It is well.

With my soul.
With my soul.

It is well. It IS WELL, with my sooooooooul :)
The Lord commanded us to stop sinning. It is therefore possible to do so.

When we do, our problems vanish. Check out Matthew 4:17.

S

SantoSubito

I'm just going to throw up an old saying my grandma used to use.

It's better to sin and repent a thousand times than to sin once and never repent.

G

GreenNnice

The Lord commanded us to stop sinning. It is therefore possible to do so.

When we do, our problems vanish. Check out Matthew 4:17.
_______
Powerful Truth, rez, God bless you, Christ bro .

Matthew 4:16-17 - 16 The people (in naphtali and zebulun, near Nazareth, Jesus' hometown) which sat in darkness saw great light; and to them which sat in the region and shadow of death light is sprung up.

17 From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.

(KJV)

when people in darkness see light, not just Jesus, whom is spoken of in this term starting with His preaching to the sinning, ignorant people in zebulun and naphtali towns living in sin ...With the Holy Spirit's power inside us working, we will bring their darkness ('shadow of death' environment) unto light.

'Sin no more.' Jesus said these words to prostitute, Mary Magdalene, so, yes, God has spoken. We can not sin .

The Lord leads :)

Last edited by a moderator: