Can We All Find our Soulmate Somewhere In Between Dodging Zombies at Halloween and Fruitcake at Christmas?

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
I don't celebrate Halloween. it's honestly a little too scary for me. I do enjoy pumpkin pie when someone else makes it, though. I have never made one myself, so I'm not even sure what it's supposed to look like.
I would much rather spend All Saints' Day remembering the people I have loved and lost and lighting candles at their graves.

But Christmas? Now you are speaking my language.
Fruitcake, plum-filled Christmas pastries... I absolutely love them. I'm a Christmas person through and through. It's not really the presents that I love most, but the time together, making the home feel warm and creating that Christmas feeling for other people. I'm very much a homemaker at heart ❤️
I actually went Christmas shopping two weeks ago. Why wait? The best discounts are already there!
There was a Christmas game for children on a table at the LEGO store and a couple were standing there. The woman looked at her husband and said completely amazed: "Already? Who on earth is thinking about Christmas in September?"
Meanwhile I was standing right next to them, quietly humming a Christmas hymn and smiling at her. I didn't say a word.
And when the first snow comes and everything turns white, that's when the red curtains and rugs come out. I'm trying to restrain myself for now because my daughter keeps telling me, "Mom, not yet."

So perhaps I won't find my soulmate dodging zombies after all. Maybe I will find him somewhere between the Christmas lights, a cup of tea and a suspiciously large amount of fruitcake.

I definitely think that homemaking and the general act of making things feel cozy and inviting (fostering a feeling of community,) is truly a gift (I always assumed it was part of the gift of hospitality.)

Some people seem to be born with the ability to make any place, no matter how simple or run-down, feel like a real home, and it definitely sounds like you have that gift. (On the flipside, even a palace can feel cold and lonely, but people like this know how to bring the warmth of family to any space.)

One of the reasons I love Christmas is because I personally think God uses it to spotlight the abilities of those He has blessed with this particular gift. It's truly a superpower that I think many fail to recognize or appreciate.

Please sign me up for that cup of tea -- and I'm ALWAYS game for a "suspiciously large" amount of fruitcake!! 😆🍎🍇🍍🍏

Awesome post!! :)
 
I never got the figgy pudding, but I am partial to sticky date pudding

Also...fruit mince pies...not for me

But hot cross buns with the sultanas! Yes!

You can have fruitless buns but they are not the same...and well, its fruitless.

Hold on thats the wrong holiday. They only supposed to bake them in run-up to Easter, but sis told me in the UK, they have them year round.
 
"sock monkey"? never heard of it!

Somewhere in the threads, the subject of sock monkeys came up.

Plush toys made out of socks:

1790726166044.png

It used to be that they were often homemade.

@Lanolin kindly informed me that it takes two socks to make a sock monkey (I thought it only took one,) so I was joking that "It takes two to tango, but it takes two socks to make a sock monkey!"

And so the joke has been carried on here... :D
 
  • Like
Reactions: zeroturbulence
Somewhere in the threads, the subject of sock monkeys came up.

Plush toys made out of socks:

View attachment 296567

It used to be that they were often homemade.

@Lanolin kindly informed me that it takes two socks to make a sock monkey (I thought it only took one,) so I was joking that "It takes two to tango, but it takes two socks to make a sock monkey!"

And so the joke has been carried on here... :D
really funny cute for little kids! c u tomorrow!
 
  • Like
Reactions: seoulsearch
@Karlon --

I just listened to a video about various collectibles that people thought would make them rich (Beanie Babies, dolls, etc.) but wound up being pretty much worthless.

I was just curious, from your experience, are there any collectibles you would recommend that actually has a good chance of being worth something someday?
 
@Karlon --

I just listened to a video about various collectibles that people thought would make them rich (Beanie Babies, dolls, etc.) but wound up being pretty much worthless.

I was just curious, from your experience, are there any collectibles you would recommend that actually has a good chance of being worth something someday?
sure. 1st, it depends on where someone is. it's a territorial deal. but some items are hot all over the u.s.a. for instance, silver & gold coins, comic books, old & new toys, original video type games like telstar, atari, nintendo, etc., original electronic games. then, you have automobilia, petrolina, kitchen items, rare cobalt blue stoneware, primitives: related to utilitarian household items, rare paintings, rare jewelry & so on. anything old & rare in good shape is a consideration. there are lots of ways to check values so keep that in mind. however, my purchase of the nascar items was not a smart choice. it was a charitable issue. she's my customer who has severe leg & hip problems, headaches, as well as other health issues. she's getting poor & i don't want her to lose her home so i purchased those items.
 
  • Heart
Reactions: seoulsearch
@Karlon --

I just listened to a video about various collectibles that people thought would make them rich (Beanie Babies, dolls, etc.) but wound up being pretty much worthless.

I was just curious, from your experience, are there any collectibles you would recommend that actually has a good chance of being worth something someday?
Was it Beanie Babies? I remember women going on hunts to different stores to find specific ones when they were collectible.
 
What about teletubbies they were hot for a while.

I remember when grown adults were fighting over them. Also Britney Spears was photographed with one, so I suppose that made them cool.
 
What about teletubbies they were hot for a while.

I remember when grown adults were fighting over them. Also Britney Spears was photographed with one, so I suppose that made them cool.
haven't heard of teletubbies either!