Can We All Find our Soulmate Somewhere In Between Dodging Zombies at Halloween and Fruitcake at Christmas?

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
I was at the mall yesterday but I didn't go to Seoulmate or Soymate for lunch I went to Wok wok instead and had wonton noodle soup.

After I couldn't find the clothing I wanted I just went home and went ordered it from Temu instead. :LOL:

I didn't see any zombies or fruitcakes but the plastic pumpkins and christmas tinsel/chocolates were out in force.

I also noticed in the bookstore space I used to work in before it closed down, is now a time-out play space with claw grabbers and arcade games.

Actually I think it would be nice to have a Hello Kitty Cafe in this mall, but I don't think it will happen for a while. I've never seen any in NZ. McDonalds is now 50 years old I see. Because it is school holidays they have a Cat in the Hat activities area for children in the atrium.
I knew a girl who had the claw game mastered. She said don't position the claw right on top of the prize. Position it so that one arm is over the prize. You could tell her which prize you wanted and she would get it. I didn't ask for any prize but I saw her get someone else's.
 
I knew a girl who had the claw game mastered. She said don't position the claw right on top of the prize. Position it so that one arm is over the prize. You could tell her which prize you wanted and she would get it. I didn't ask for any prize but I saw her get someone else's.
Haven't tried but I note that several of the claw grabbers had giant Garfields in them.

Mostly they have those plushy octopuses or pikachus that everyone has a gazillion of already.
 
  • Love
Reactions: zeroturbulence
  • Like
Reactions: zeroturbulence
Wot


A new 24 hour Kmart has opened up nearish me...I haven't seen this though.
I did buy a bluetooth karaoke speaker and mic set though. I have to get used to it telling me it's battery charge is running out. Also, it has 2 sfx - monster voice and baby voice.
I can't believe Kmart is still alive and well in your country. They used to have stores all over the US but they closed almost all of them about a decade ago. All are gone now. They were my favorite store in the 1990s until the one near me closed and got replaced by a 24 hour gym.
 
Wot


A new 24 hour Kmart has opened up nearish me...I haven't seen this though.
I did buy a bluetooth karaoke speaker and mic set though. I have to get used to it telling me it's battery charge is running out. Also, it has 2 sfx - monster voice and baby voice.
Did you charge it before using it the first time? If it's warning you about the battery after only a short time, then the battery is most likely weak and you should return it or exchange it if you can. Otherwise, you can keep it plugged into a wall charger while you're using it. My laptop has a weak battery that's very old so I just keep it plugged in. If you do get a new machine, it's best to keep the battery at 70 to 80% charge, or just don't keep it fully charged for more than 24 hours because that actually wear the battery inside. What I do is charge it fully, then use it for a little bit, then leave it. It will remain stable like that even if you don't use it for months. Just charge it before you do use it again and make sure you don't leave it fully charged for more than like 24 or 48 hours.
 
Wot


A new 24 hour Kmart has opened up nearish me...I haven't seen this though.
I did buy a bluetooth karaoke speaker and mic set though. I have to get used to it telling me it's battery charge is running out. Also, it has 2 sfx - monster voice and baby voice.
Sorry, I know this might be getting confusing, but unplug it from the wall charger when the battery is full or when you're done. Just to be safe.
 
Sorry, I know this might be getting confusing, but unplug it from the wall charger when the battery is full or when you're done. Just to be safe.
Ok, I'm not used to it yet. I also need to charge up the mics, but I don't want it on all the time or it will be picking things up that I don't want everyone else to hear, eg my phone conversations lol.
 
  • Like
Reactions: zeroturbulence
I can't believe Kmart is still alive and well in your country. They used to have stores all over the US but they closed almost all of them about a decade ago. All are gone now. They were my favorite store in the 1990s until the one near me closed and got replaced by a 24 hour gym.
People still like to go shopping here.
We don't have Walmart, but we do have Warehouse, which is kind of like Kmart's rival, but more rock-bottom lol
We just have one CostCo, which is down the street from the new 24hour Kmart. NZers don't really like to have to pay to go shopping.
 
People still like to go shopping here.
We don't have Walmart, but we do have Warehouse, which is kind of like Kmart's rival, but more rock-bottom lol
We just have one CostCo, which is down the street from the new 24hour Kmart. NZers don't really like to have to pay to go shopping.
People love shopping here too. The stores are always busy and crowded. It's kind of crazy. I used to wonder if people here have jobs because they're always shopping. The Kmarts here were old and never updated since the 1970s and their prices were higher than other stores so people stopped shopping there. The stores looked so outdated it was kind of creepy. It's like they were using the same shelving and everything from the 70s. Everyone shopped at Target and Walmart instead. Costco is always busy too but it wasn't a direct competitor to kmart since they sell everything in bulk, or at least used to.
 
People love shopping here too. The stores are always busy and crowded. It's kind of crazy. I used to wonder if people here have jobs because they're always shopping. The Kmarts here were old and never updated since the 1970s and their prices were higher than other stores so people stopped shopping there. The stores looked so outdated it was kind of creepy. It's like they were using the same shelving and everything from the 70s. Everyone shopped at Target and Walmart instead. Costco is always busy too but it wasn't a direct competitor to kmart since they sell everything in bulk, or at least used to.
Well a housewife's job IS shopping

Also, a lot of retired people like to spend their money.

I always thought Kmart was Australian, I didn't know it was originally from the US. No Kmart is modern here, and very clean, and the goods are mostly from their own brand called Anko
They were the first to make all their checkouts self-service.
And the music in their stores has become like 80s pop because thats the demographic that buys things from Kmart.

It was always cool to have new clothes from Kmart.
 
  • Like
Reactions: zeroturbulence
Well a housewife's job IS shopping

Also, a lot of retired people like to spend their money.

I always thought Kmart was Australian, I didn't know it was originally from the US. No Kmart is modern here, and very clean, and the goods are mostly from their own brand called Anko
They were the first to make all their checkouts self-service.
And the music in their stores has become like 80s pop because thats the demographic that buys things from Kmart.

It was always cool to have new clothes from Kmart.
Yea there a lot of retired people here but also a lot of young Asian families with kids. I looked into the Kmart you have there and it turns out to be a different company. The Australian Kmart company got a license to use the Kmart name in 1969. They opened stores in NZ in 1988, but the name is the only similarity.
 
Yea there a lot of retired people here but also a lot of young Asian families with kids. I looked into the Kmart you have there and it turns out to be a different company. The Australian Kmart company got a license to use the Kmart name in 1969. They opened stores in NZ in 1988, but the name is the only similarity.
Kmart has a good toy section, and their clothes are mostly good quality at reasonable price.

We have american fast-food restuarants, obvs, KFC, Pizza Hut, MacDonalds, Wendys, Carls Jr, Texas Chicken, Subway, Dunkin Donuts and now we have newer ones open we never had before like Taco Bell. We also have Starbucks and Dennys.

USA really cornered the market and perfected the fast food franchise.

All the other takeaway places/restaurants can't really compete, I suppose its the whole American diner made easy thing, esp now almost everyone has a car and can just drive through these places. The branding is immediately obvious and recognisable.
 
  • Love
Reactions: zeroturbulence
Kmart has a good toy section, and their clothes are mostly good quality at reasonable price.

We have american fast-food restuarants, obvs, KFC, Pizza Hut, MacDonalds, Wendys, Carls Jr, Texas Chicken, Subway, Dunkin Donuts and now we have newer ones open we never had before like Taco Bell. We also have Starbucks and Dennys.

USA really cornered the market and perfected the fast food franchise.

All the other takeaway places/restaurants can't really compete, I suppose its the whole American diner made easy thing, esp now almost everyone has a car and can just drive through these places. The branding is immediately obvious and recognisable.
Wow your Kmarts are a lot nicer than the ones we had!

1791230841292.png

Ours looked like this :(

1791231247404.png
 
  • Love
Reactions: seoulsearch