Can we be forgiven for sins we won't repent of?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
He is telling US ALL to REPENT OR PERISH
Not here .
1¶There were present at that season some that told him of the Galilaeans, whose blood Pilate had mingled with their sacrifices.

2And Jesus answering said unto them, Suppose ye that these Galilaeanswere sinners above all the Galilaeans, because they suffered such things?

3I tell you, Nay: but, except YE repent, ye shall all likewise perish.

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
THE HEBREWS AND THE GENTILES RE SAVED THE SAME,
By faith yes but not the same message or appropriation. For Noah it was " build an Ark and get on it "
Hebrews is aimed at Israel during the tribulation mainly.

Jan 4, 2020
washburn Tn
CHANGING GOD WORD WILL GET YOU IN TROUBLE WITH GOD, IF YOU IF WE DO NOT REPENT WE WILL PERISH <GOD DOSE NOT LIE, GOD TELL US TO NOT ADD TO HIS WORD.

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
CHANGING GOD WORD WILL GET YOU IN TROUBLE WITH GOD, IF YOU IF WE DO NOT REPENT WE WILL PERISH <GOD DOSE NOT LIE, GOD TELL US TO NOT ADD TO HIS WORD.
There is danger when we apply a verse without considering who it's speaking to and what its about .

Jan 4, 2020
washburn Tn
all scripture is for me to live by and grow by
Hebrews is for us just as much as for the Hebrews, Hebrews Tells US all ABOUT OUR HIGH PRIEST AND HOW HE IS IN THE HEAVENLY SANCTUAY TAKING CARE OF OUR SINS THAT GO UP TO HIM IN THE HEAVENLY SANCTUARY, APLAYING THE BLOOD TO OUR SINS, AND I PRAISE GOD FOR HEBREWS, AND WHAT IT SHOW ME AND HOW YESUAH IS TAKING CARE OF MY SINS,

Jan 4, 2020
washburn Tn
Not here .
1¶There were present at that season some that told him of the Galilaeans, whose blood Pilate had mingled with their sacrifices.

2And Jesus answering said unto them, Suppose ye that these Galilaeanswere sinners above all the Galilaeans, because they suffered such things?

3I tell you, Nay: but, except YE repent, ye shall all likewise perish.
HE is talking to you and me here also,if you believe what he is saying

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
I agree . But we are to understand it . Apply a verse out of context when its not directed to us is a mistake.

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
HE is talking to you and me here also,if you believe what he is saying
Thats not how it works .
Why don't you apply the same logic here ?
Make thee an ark of gopher wood; rooms shalt thou make in the ark, and shalt pitch it within and without with pitch.

soggykitten

Jul 3, 2020
We are told we can be forgiven for every sin but blasphemy, even for sins we don't know about.

The Sacrificial System was a shadow of Christ. In Leviticus 5:17-18 they were offered forgiveness for sins they weren't aware of committing. Christ gives us forgiveness in a more perfect way. In Psalm 19:12 "Who can discern their own errors? Forgive my hidden faults."

Scripture also states we are to repent. The Lord is aware that we cannot be perfect, we can only repent and give our will to be perfect to the Lord. Can we be forgiven if we will not repent?

Can we be forgiven if we do not will to be perfect, if we don't repent?
Those who are in Christ do not make a habit of sinning. Those who do habitually sin are not in Christ. It really is that simple.

If we are still sinners after accepting Christ and being reborn, then the entire gospel is a lie. We cannot be what we were prior to Christ once we've been redeemed in Christ.
Why would anyone insist they are a sinner who sins and a Christian?

Nov 23, 2013
Those who are in Christ do not make a habit of sinning. Those who do habitually sin are not in Christ. It really is that simple.

If we are still sinners after accepting Christ and being reborn, then the entire gospel is a lie. We cannot be what we were prior to Christ once we've been redeemed in Christ.
Paul gave a pretty good reason in Romans.

Rom 7:14 For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.
Rom 7:15 For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.
Rom 7:16 If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.
Rom 7:17 Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
Rom 7:18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.
Rom 7:19 For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.
Rom 7:20 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

Sep 3, 2016

Read Romans 7.

soggykitten

Jul 3, 2020
Paul gave a pretty good reason in Romans.

Rom 7:14 For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.
Rom 7:15 For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.
Rom 7:16 If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.
Rom 7:17 Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
Rom 7:18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.
Rom 7:19 For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.
Rom 7:20 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
Maybe it is time to realize Paul was speaking of his own weakness. And as such that is a warning to Christians. Not a message from Christ.

We are to discern the messages in the scripture and part of that is to realize Paul's weaknesses are not the church. They are Paul venting about Paul.

Jan 4, 2020
washburn Tn
Thats not how it works .
Why don't you apply the same logic here ?
Make thee an ark of gopher wood; rooms shalt thou make in the ark, and shalt pitch it within and without with pitch.
JUST like HE DONE THAT BY FAITH So NOW I Seeking TO OBEYS YESUAH LAWS BY FAITH,OUR COVENTANT NOW IS TO OBEY HIS LAWS THAT GOD WRITES ON OUR HEARTS, THE SAME LAWS THAT YESUAH WROTE IN STONE, NOW HE WRITES ON OUR HEARTS, AND BY FAITH AND THE STRANGHT THAT YESUAH GIVE ME TO OBEY HIS LAWS,
1 COR 7:19 Circumcision is nothing, and uncircumcision is nothing, but the keeping of the commandments of God. 7:19 Circumcision is nothing, and uncircumcision is nothing, but the keeping of the commandments of God. IT's NOT the sacrificial laws BUT HIS TEN COMMANDMENTS LAWS THAT YESUAH WRITES ON OUR HEARTS, THAT YESUAH WROTE WITH HIS FINGER ON STONE AND GIVE TO Moses

Nov 23, 2013
Maybe it is time to realize Paul was speaking of his own weakness. And as such that is a warning to Christians. Not a message from Christ.

We are to discern the messages in the scripture and part of that is to realize Paul's weaknesses are not the church. They are Paul venting about Paul.
Hopefully you're joking.

Jan 4, 2020
washburn Tn
I agree . But we are to understand it . Apply a verse out of context when its not directed to us is a mistake.
I think you just want to pick out the things that you like, for you, AND WHAT YOU DON'T LIKE AND put them ON someone ELSE, WHEN GOD DOSE NOT CHANGE, HE STILL SAVES THE SAME WAY,, THE ONLY THING THAT IS CHANGE IS THE sacrificial LAWS, AND OUR HIGH PREIST, THEY JUST LOOK FORWARD TO THE CROSS BY FAITH, AND WE LOOK BACKWARD TO THE CROSS BY FAITH, BUT IT's STILL BY FAITRH AND OBEDIANCE TO OUR COVENTANT, WHICH IS OBEYIONG GOD'S LAWS, AND IF WE ARE NOT OBEYING GOD'S LAWS, THEN WE ARE B BRACKING OUR COVANANT, WITH HIS AND WILL BE LOST IF WE DO NOT REPENT., FOR THE FIRST THING THAT THE BIBLE TELLS US TO BE SAVED IS TO REPENT FIRST AND BELIEVE