Canadian Pastor Arrested for Preaching the Gospel.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
anyway people are deliberately missing my point because the LGBT community has had to deal with all manner of hate and bigotry from the religious right.
in the guy probably had good intentions but I can understand why they didn't want to talk to him.
we've had these idiots like Westboro Baptist and the Florida preacher who literally literally call for the death of LGBT people
or Joshua Fuerstien who had a complete meltdown over Christmas cups
it's the same reason I don't answer the door for Jehovah's Witnesses because I find their doctrin morally repugnant

JosephsDreams

Dec 31, 2015
So you think the pastor in Florida that I mentio

the officer did his job and use discretion because he knew things would likely get out of hand if this guy didn't leave.
also Romans chapter 13 obey the law
That may ir may not be true, but it doesn't change what I said.

JosephsDreams

Dec 31, 2015
anyway people are deliberately missing my point because the LGBT community has had to deal with all manner of hate and bigotry from the religious right.
in the guy probably had good intentions but I can understand why they didn't want to talk to him.
we've had these idiots like Westboro Baptist and the Florida preacher who literally literally call for the death of LGBT people
or Joshua Fuerstien who had a complete meltdown over Christmas cups
it's the same reason I don't answer the door for Jehovah's Witnesses because I find their doctrin morally repugnant
Before I go onto the heart of my post, I want to say the people with sexual preferences outside of Judeo Christian mainstream should be treated with respect and love. While I very much disagree with their lifestyle choices, they should be permitted and afforded all the basic rights of all other citizens. Free will exists. Christian's can protest the sin, and God duly notes that we are speaking up that it is a perversion. Just like any other sinner, if they are determined to live the transgression of their depravity, then we can not stop them, short of becoming haters and sinners ourselves.
That said, the Gay and lesbian community are saints?
I personally know of a pastor that whose life was threatened along with his family, around 1999, for putting up a billboard quoting, I forget what book, deuteronomy, where it says a man laying with another man is an abomination.
The lbtg has continually rammed their agenda down the throats of communities re the curriculum in conservative schools all across this country. Yet if a Christian teacher was to say it is sinful to practice sexual perversion as a gay or lesbian person does, they would be fired, and maybe even sued civilly or maybe even arrested for "hate" (read, speaking the truth) speech.
The ones who have power in Hollywood are putting openly gay and lesbian characters who are actually shown kissing and implying them sleeping together, on children's TV shows.
They care not nor respect the belief of others who disagree with them.
Now they are attacking basic family structure. Not just a man and man, a woman and a woman, but teenagers marrying adults, 3 of 4 people all married at the same time, all having relations with each other.

So your generally talking about the past. To be clear, before you say there are people who still hate them and will do violence against them, yeah, I got that. It's a small minority. Human nature dictates we will never eradicate sin.
But stay rooted in the present. They are not the under digs any longer. They are heavily protected by a increasingly hedonistic and depraved society.
It's the Christian's who are being prejudiced against these days. If I go and preach on the streets that sexual immortality is a sin, all forms of sexual perversion, your saying I should be arrested?
Can I say a threesome among straight people us a sin, and not a cop will show up, but if I mention the sanest sexes having relations I'm going to jail??
Can you say liberal safe space and suppression of free speech?
These are wicked times.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
Before I go onto the heart of my post, I want to say the people with sexual preferences outside of Judeo Christian mainstream should be treated with respect and love. While I very much disagree with their lifestyle choices, they should be permitted and afforded all the basic rights of all other citizens. Free will exists. Christian's can protest the sin, and God duly notes that we are speaking up that it is a perversion. Just like any other sinner, if they are determined to live the transgression of their depravity, then we can not stop them, short of becoming haters and sinners ourselves.
That said, the Gay and lesbian community are saints?
I personally know of a pastor that whose life was threatened along with his family, around 1999, for putting up a billboard quoting, I forget what book, deuteronomy, where it says a man laying with another man is an abomination.
The lbtg has continually rammed their agenda down the throats of communities re the curriculum in conservative schools all across this country. Yet if a Christian teacher was to say it is sinful to practice sexual perversion as a gay or lesbian person does, they would be fired, and maybe even sued civilly or maybe even arrested for "hate" (read, speaking the truth) speech.
The ones who have power in Hollywood are putting openly gay and lesbian characters who are actually shown kissing and implying them sleeping together, on children's TV shows.
They care not nor respect the belief of others who disagree with them.
Now they are attacking basic family structure. Not just a man and man, a woman and a woman, but teenagers marrying adults, 3 of 4 people all married at the same time, all having relations with each other.

So your generally talking about the past. To be clear, before you say there are people who still hate them and will do violence against them, yeah, I got that. It's a small minority. Human nature dictates we will never eradicate sin.
But stay rooted in the present. They are not the under digs any longer. They are heavily protected by a increasingly hedonistic and depraved society.
It's the Christian's who are being prejudiced against these days. If I go and preach on the streets that sexual immortality is a sin, all forms of sexual perversion, your saying I should be arrested?
Can I say a threesome among straight people us a sin, and not a cop will show up, but if I mention the sanest sexes having relations I'm going to jail??
Can you say liberal safe space and suppression of free speech?
These are wicked times.
Again. He was arrested because he was disturbing the peace and causing a disturbance,
Literally everyone there told him that they didn't want to be bothered and they wanted him to leave.
freedom of speech doesn't mean freedom to harass people.
On the subject of schools what is or isn't ACN is irrelevant unless it's a private school. Separation of church and state

U

UnderGrace

Again. He was arrested because he was disturbing the peace and causing a disturbance,
Literally everyone there told him that they didn't want to be bothered and they wanted him to leave.
On the subject of schools what is or isn't ACN is irrelevant unless it's a private school. Separation of church and state
He was not disturbing the peace. You are making a false accusation

Criminal Code:

Causing disturbance, indecent exhibition, loitering, etc.
  • 175 (1) Every one who
    • (a) not being in a dwelling-house, causes a disturbance in or near a public place,
      • (i) by fighting, screaming, shouting, swearing, singing or using insulting or obscene language,
      • (ii) by being drunk, or
      • (iii) by impeding or molesting other persons,
    • (b) openly exposes or exhibits an indecent exhibition in a public place,
    • (c) loiters in a public place and in any way obstructs persons who are in that place, or
    • (d) disturbs the peace and quiet of the occupants of a dwelling-house by discharging firearms or by other disorderly conduct in a public place or who, not being an occupant of a dwelling-house comprised in a particular building or structure, disturbs the peace and quiet of the occupants of a dwelling-house comprised in the building or structure by discharging firearms or by other disorderly conduct in any part of a building or structure to which, at the time of such conduct, the occupants of two or more dwelling-houses comprised in the building or structure have access as of right or by invitation, express or implied,

Mar 23, 2016
I was talking to an atheist a couple days ago and I explained to him that if I were to observe someone doing something that would harm him/her and I did not give warning and something happened to him/her, God would lay that to my account.

Ezekiel 33:

8 When I say unto the wicked, O wicked man, thou shalt surely die; if thou dost not speak to warn the wicked from his way, that wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at thine hand.

9 Nevertheless, if thou warn the wicked of his way to turn from it; if he do not turn from his way, he shall die in his iniquity; but thou hast delivered thy soul.

People do not understand that when God warns them, it is because He wants people to turn to Him so He can deliver them from the bondage of sin. People think they are "free" because they can do whatever they want. They have no clue that they are in bondage. So, so sad.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
If people don't want to be bothered then leave them alone. Why is that such a difficult concept for some people to understand?
literally every person there said leave me alone I don't want to talk to you

JosephsDreams

Dec 31, 2015
Again, was he really disturbing the peace?
And everything I wrote is relevant to the bigger issue.

JosephsDreams

Dec 31, 2015
If people don't want to be bothered then leave them alone. Why is that such a difficult concept for some people to understand?
If people don't want to be bothered. In that case you can still state your point, you just dont do it directly one on one. You can still talk.
I did not see the video. But either side could have created some distance.
Thst does ot mean he should be or could be shut down.
Your making my exact point, realize it or not.
The society in this case was against Christian's, and endorsing the LBGT.
Why didnt the cops do any number of things they could have, besides arrest him?
You dont see what's going on here?

Mar 23, 2016
Once I know someone has heard the gospel of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, if they choose not to listen or believe, I don't force the issue. It is not up to me (or any other believer) to make someone believe. God instructs me to preach His Word. Once someone has heard His Word and they do not want to hear His Word, I leave it be. Hopefully, the Word percolates down to the heart where God can bring increase in the lives of people who so desperately need Him.

U

UnderGrace

If people don't want to be bothered. In that case you can still state your point, you just dont do it directly one on one. You can still talk.
I did not see the video. But either side could have created some distance.
Thst does ot mean he should be or could be shut down.
Your making my exact point, realize it or not.
The society in this case was against Christian's, and endorsing the LBGT.
Why didnt the cops do any number of things they could have, besides arrest him?
You dont see what's going on here?
Exactly, the cop that arrested him was part of the community and people preach/sing/dance/ perform on the streets of Toronto all the time, they actually were waiting for him there to cause a ruckus.

Mar 23, 2016
Exactly, the cop that arrested him was part of the community and people preach/sing/dance/ perform on the streets of Toronto all the time, they actually were waiting for him there to cause a ruckus.
I took a peek at one of the videos posted on youtube. David Lynn was there with his microphone and some of the participants in whatever was going on there came over with signs and blocked the sidewalk. The police decided to arrest Mr. Lynn.

I'm not surprised at the response ... saddened in my heart, but not surprised. God tells us in His Word that we'll see these things.

Feb 28, 2016
ISA. 5:18.
Woe unto them that draw iniquity with cords of vanity, and sin as it were with a cart rope:
Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness;
that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!
Woe unto them that are wise in their own eyes, and prudent in their own sight!
Woe unto them that are mighty to drink wine, and men of strength to mingle strong drink:
Which justify the wicked for reward, and take away the righteousness of the righteous from him!
Therefore as the fire devours the stubble, and the flame consumes the chaff, so their root shall be as rottenness,
and their blossom shall go up as dust: because they have cast away The Law of the LORD of Hosts,
and despised The Word of The Holy One of Israel.

You can't walk down two streets at the same time!

Mar 23, 2016
And now there's this ...

Boston to Host First-ever "Straight Pride" Parade, and the Left Is Not Happy
The city of Boston will be hosting its first-ever "Straight Pride" parade on August 31 after being slapped with a discrimination complaint following the event’s initial rejection. The event will follow the same path as the city's annual [homosexual] Pride Parade and hopes to culminate with the raising of the Straight Pride flag.
What likely began as trolling to shed light on the absurdity of having a parade to celebrate pride in one's sexuality became a battle for civil rights and equality. Super Happy Fun America (SHFA) proposed a Straight Pride parade to the city and was swiftly rejected, but the group filed a discrimination complaint, forcing the city to concede that it could not deny a group based on its values or beliefs.
"Permits to host a public event are granted based on operational feasibility, not based on values or endorsements of beliefs," Boston's Mayor Marty Walsh announced earlier this month. "The City of Boston cannot deny a permit based on an organization’s values."

City Hall has, however, denied the event organizers' request to fly a "Straight Pride" flag outside City Hall on the day of the event, claiming it has sole discretion over what can be flown outside the building, CBS Boston has reported.
Super Happy Fun America, whose tagline is "It's Great to be Straight," is touting the event as an opportunity to "celebrate heterosexuality" and said the parade will be "used as a platform to educate the public on the unique problems facing our community and to fight against heterophobia."
"We want people to be aware that there is not only one side of things," the group's president, John Hugo, said in a statement reported by CBS. "There's a lot of people that are uncomfortable with a lot of things that are going on in our country and they’re afraid to speak up."
Hugo asserts that the purpose of the parade is not to be divisive but to celebrate traditional values.
"We don't hate anyone; we just want to have our own celebration just like everybody else has a right to. All people from all communities are welcome as long as they show mutual respect," Hugo said at a June news conference.
According to the group's website, SHFA "advocates on behalf of the straight community" to ensure that heterosexuals are treated with the same respect and inclusivity that is afforded to other groups.
Hugo is quoted on the site as saying, "Straight people are an oppressed majority. We will fight for the right of straights everywhere to express pride in themselves without fear of judgment and hate. The day will come when straights will finally be included as equals among all of the other orientations."
One of the group's agenda items is to have the "S" (for "straight") added to the LGBTQ acronym "because its more inclusive that way."

Feb 28, 2016
why would a 'straight' group of people want to be included in an evil 'acronym'???
ask yourselves, 'is this the same spirit guiding their agenda also???

for it is written:
11TIM. 2:4.
No man that wars entangles himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please Him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

the basic message in Scripture is to be a 'good citizen', but to not involve yourself
in the politics of (sodom & gommorah), a road filled with vipers...

Feb 28, 2016
there are degrees of true-repentant-regret -, we come upon them at continual, intermit times in our lives after 'CONVERSION'...
often we have an extremely hard time with this - thus, if we are compelled to go forward, then we go, and we go...

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
But, I have to admit, adding "S" for straight to the growing gay acronym, made me laugh! Someone has a great sense of humour. Maybe a little levity will get the majority back on the straight and narrow, and realize how utterly stupid this LBGTQ..... whole thing is.

I also wonder what would happen if Straight Pride parades became a "thing" everywhere. I guess we will see if they spread. And how much trouble they have getting permits!

U

UnderGrace

But, I have to admit, adding "S" for straight to the growing gay acronym, made me laugh! Someone has a great sense of humour. Maybe a little levity will get the majority back on the straight and narrow, and realize how utterly stupid this LBGTQ..... whole thing is.

I also wonder what would happen if Straight Pride parades became a "thing" everywhere. I guess we will see if they spread. And how much trouble they have getting permits!

Yes I think the idea is satire and humour, I think it is great.

U

UnderGrace

Court date moved to August 7th, pleads not guilty for disturbing the peace which was in reality an attempt to move towards the criminalization of preaching Christ