Cancelled Sports Events, Etc..

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

QuestionTime

Feb 16, 2010
Since when do the 1% care so much, that they are willing to lose millions in revenue, in order to "protect the public?"

Can you imagine Ebenezer Scrooge cancelling sporting events over the Coronavirus outbreak? It wouldn't happen. Are we to believe that all of these rich people had conversion experiences similar to Scrooge, and that's why they are cancelling events?

The only reason why they would do this, is because they believe they stand to gain more in the long run by doing so.

Jan 25, 2015
Someone, somewhere, somehow is coining it big time...

All of these venues will have some form of insurance for loss of revenue... Insurance companies will have to pay up and our premiums will increase. Who are paying again? We are. Yes it is us :(

tanakh

Dec 1, 2015
Since when do the 1% care so much, that they are willing to lose millions in revenue, in order to "protect the public?"

Can you imagine Ebenezer Scrooge cancelling sporting events over the Coronavirus outbreak? It wouldn't happen. Are we to believe that all of these rich people had conversion experiences similar to Scrooge, and that's why they are cancelling events?

The only reason why they would do this, is because they believe they stand to gain more in the long run by doing so.

Suppose there is a conspiracy surrounding this virus. A conspiracy to prevent us all from knowing just how bad it is?

One thing else is that Scrooges conversion came after having seen the Ghost of his partner Marley. We are not told exactly what
Marley died of. It could have been some Victorian equivalent of corona

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
Events require the stars of the events, and the customers. Continuing to hold these large scale events puts both at risk. So it actually makes financial sense to take precautions to protect both, for when this virus passes, if half the audience and stars are dead, they won't have anything left themselves, either.
Complaining about them being compensated through their insurance? Isn't that the point of insurance? That's like going to the ER, handing your insurance card and someone criticizing you for using your insurance. Makes no sense.
Not to mention if these venues were to stay open there would be a risk of lawsuits. Even if they won every lawsuit it's still time and money spent for the costs of going through it all.
And if they stayed open they would be criticized for staying open.

They are making the right decision to close. It takes a jaded and self righteous heart to want to sit around and fabricate reasons to criticize them for doing so.

Jan 25, 2015
I have never been accused of having a jaded heart before :LOL:

I don’t blame the sport stadiums, I understand but I will say this again; normal flue kill more or less 500 000 people a year and it is just as contagious as Corona. When England toured SA this year half of their team was ill with flue within a matter of hours arriving in SA.

Last time I checked about 3 000 people have died from Corona. There is definitely a mass hysteria fuelled by somebody, somewhere.

Should we be cautious? Off course.

tanakh

Dec 1, 2015
Corona is no joke but I had to smile at this on TV news

A health expert was advising us on three categories of people who should self quarantine in their homes
but the way he said it was....
You should if your over Seventy, Pregnant and had underlying medical conditions

I am waiting to meet this person!! :)

QuestionTime

Feb 16, 2010

ArtsieSteph

Apr 1, 2014
Arizona
To be fair, I have a feeling most entertainment venues realize with the dwindling ticket sales that they’d not be able to pay for any overhead let alone profit. It’s more wise to close at that point.