Cancer returned

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Joidevivre

Jul 15, 2014
I feel like I've been kicked while down. Just about the time I was learning to talk with a prosthesis from my palates being surgically removed after the cancer in my mouth, another tumor popped up in my neck.

Surgery was last week and there is nothing left in the left side of my neck except just the spine and carotid artery. Even the jugular vein was taken out. A lot of muscle, nerves and tissue remove clear down to my shoulder. My mouth is not working properly, with one side sort of drooping.

I can't eat anything but pureed foods, and even my water has to be thickened. Swallow by swallow with a spoon.

The doctor expected this to be much worse - lose movement in one shoulder, and even drooling. Didn't happen because of much prayer, and the Lord's compassion for me. I can move my arm above my head, and can even talk so that you can understand me.

Now I'm asking prayer for a quick recovery, and my ability to swallow to come back. I have wonderful family support, and friends who surround me with so much love. I pray above all, that the Lord's hand be evident and seen by all. Even now so many people are saying that I'm a miracle. I have survived much and still have the joy of the Lord deep in my spirit, especially the peace that comes from my knowing that He will use this somehow because all things work for good the scripture tells us.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
You are a survivor, Joi. :) My thoughts are with you..

Luke 1:37

Feb 28, 2016
we hear you precious - and of course it is understood that our Father cares little or next to nothing
about our bodies, but His 'primary concern is all about our Spiritual Growth and how we use the
Faith that He has blessed us with...as we mature in this knowledge, we begin to realize that He
has His hand in every single part of our existence, and if we Love and Worship Him to the best
of our ability, then where-ever He leads us or allows to happen to us, we will follow in our
Love and Gratitude for His Holy Sacrifice for us, come what may...this is His Spiritual gift of knowledge
and understanding, for our Lord has known our hearts from before our being allowed to be born,
and when we realize this and accept it, then we are surrendered to His Will in all of our relationship
that we share with Him...
it's about 'Thy Will be done', and Him giving us the grace and humility to accept it, for we realize
that it is for His Glory, thus we are able to glory in the Love that He has called us to endure, at any
cost...this is a reality that the 'world' can never understand, unless they are 'called-out-chosen -elected
for His purpose...
we Love you very much, and are so grateful that our Heavenly Father has chosen someone as special
as you to present to this un=holy world the power of His Love for those whom He has chosen to be
a blessings and witness to all that He connects you with...when Jesus calls you out and elects you
to be His special witness to this 'fallen-world', this honor is beyond mere man's understanding, and
very few can understand this Holy Calling...what a blessing you have been to the both of us, without
us ever even meeting you or talking to you one on one - this is Jesus at work, and we adore Him
for this Blessing...
GBY...

levi85

Jul 2, 2013
Lord we bring Joidevivre , before you, please heal her whole body and take care of her. Let her live her daily life normally without any lroblem. Lord have your grace upon her and heal her body. Lord we agree with this prayer, please blessJoidevivre. In Jesus living name, Amen!

A

AuntieAnt

Please Father God, heal our beautiful sister Joi, in Jesus' name we pray. Amen!

healing.jpg

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
You have my prayers in the love that is Jesus...........All blessings, not ju8st from my lips but my heart and soul also. love...j

I feel like I've been kicked while down. Just about the time I was learning to talk with a prosthesis from my palates being surgically removed after the cancer in my mouth, another tumor popped up in my neck.

Surgery was last week and there is nothing left in the left side of my neck except just the spine and carotid artery. Even the jugular vein was taken out. A lot of muscle, nerves and tissue remove clear down to my shoulder. My mouth is not working properly, with one side sort of drooping.

I can't eat anything but pureed foods, and even my water has to be thickened. Swallow by swallow with a spoon.

The doctor expected this to be much worse - lose movement in one shoulder, and even drooling. Didn't happen because of much prayer, and the Lord's compassion for me. I can move my arm above my head, and can even talk so that you can understand me.

Now I'm asking prayer for a quick recovery, and my ability to swallow to come back. I have wonderful family support, and friends who surround me with so much love. I pray above all, that the Lord's hand be evident and seen by all. Even now so many people are saying that I'm a miracle. I have survived much and still have the joy of the Lord deep in my spirit, especially the peace that comes from my knowing that He will use this somehow because all things work for good the scripture tells us.

L

LittleMermaid

Hi Joi, I'm so sorry for what you are going through. You are a strong woman and you have our respect and prayers. We love you and I hope God heals you and blesses you very much. If you ever need someone to talk to or listen to you, you can send me a message.

notmyown

May 26, 2016
Father, i know you do all things perfectly. thank you for Joi, and her loving witness to your grace and glory. be pleased, dear Lord, to heal her, and to continue to show your goodness to all who see her in this. thank you for lavishing grace and peace upon her, and for confounding the experts. may we all return soon to praise you for your mighty work in her life, as indeed we do now, for Jesus' sake, amen.

i love you, Joi. ♥

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

I was working on this template
all day, and made a few minor
changes from the first posting :D

stand2

Dec 6, 2017
In all of your trials and tests you are a fantastic Christian witness, showing all of us what true faith really is. May God continue to bless you with abundant strength for your spirit, soul and body.......AMEN and AMEN !!

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
Lifting you up in prayer to the Lord for a quick recovery. I'm glad to hear you have wonderful family support and friends who surround you with so much love. :)

Praise the Lord for His miraculous work in you and for the joy of the Lord that you have deep in your spirit. :)

Romans 8:28 - And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.

T

Tinuviel

I am so sorry to hear that! I'm praying for you.

D

Depleted

Oh no! Not again! My heart goes out for you and I will continue to pray. (Not like I ever stopped. Just didn't know what to pray other than "take good care of Joi.")

This will sound unrelated, but I'll get how it is eventually.

When John went into total atrophy, that included his "swallower." (Ends up that's the back of the tongue, but I didn't know that for so long, I keep thinking a swallower is a separate muscle.) He had to relearn how to swallow again, or food goes into his lungs. I suspect this is what they're worried about with you too. Well, he had to do tongue exercises, and even after doing them for half a year, his swallower is not as effective as it used to be. He still has to keep doing them, or it becomes less effective.

The more soundly-unrelated part. Dad had his prostate removed decades ago. To do that, they had to remove one of three muscles that holds us back from peeing in our pants. One of three muscles. Just seems like if you have three muscles to do one thing, losing one of them stops you from being able to do that one thing. BUT, there are exercises for that too. If you build up other muscles, it compensates for the missing one.

Which is how it relates to you. You're missing neck muscles now. Can you check with a speech therapist on if there is anything doable to build up other muscles so you can swallow more than Thicken It!? And, can you learn how to use other muscles to compensate for the missing muscles? It is possible... sometimes. I've seen it happen before.

Also, since your stuck on Thicken it! (at least for a time), be aware that the stuff that comes in the quart-size taste funny. (John taught me this, so don't remember how it tasted funny, other than he didn't like it, therefore didn't hydrate properly until he was off the stuff. Would have been a problem, if he never got off it.)

It does come in flavors, but the flavors are about the size of a pudding-cup. Still, well worth it for flavoring, but realize you'll be drinking it a lot, so will run out quickly. (They come in cases, so I didn't want you to think a case would last long.) Oh, and good news. There is a powder form to make coffee. (Coffee is main ingredient, but some thickening gel, so it feels like making instant coffee.) Now, John is a coffee snob, so usually won't drink anything less than Seattle's Best, Starbucks, or Dunkin Donut, but do know he thought the coffee was wonderful. Not sure if that's a ringing endorsement though, since coffee was the first thing he tasted in 6 months, so any taste was wonderful then. (His speech therapist laughed at him, because he thought he was tasting vanilla pudding, but he was really tasting a barium milkshake. Barium milkshake -- nasty as it gets to me. lol)

Oh, and be careful with some flavors of Thicken It, if you're diabetic. There is sugar in some.

Just wanted you to know there are flavored Thicken Its. Not the same as banana pie, but much better than nothing.

My heart breaks that you're going through this again.

Since your mouth piece is a prosthetic, any chance they can make you a new one? When people get prosthetic limbs, the stub often changes shape in the first year or two, so they have to get fitted more than once.

Hmmm, how about that. After all this, it seems my prayer for you is the same.

Lord, please take good care of Joi. Amen.

Joidevivre

Jul 15, 2014
Oh no! Not again! My heart goes out for you and I will continue to pray. (Not like I ever stopped. Just didn't know what to pray other than "take good care of Joi.")

This will sound unrelated, but I'll get how it is eventually.

When John went into total atrophy, that included his "swallower." (Ends up that's the back of the tongue, but I didn't know that for so long, I keep thinking a swallower is a separate muscle.) He had to relearn how to swallow again, or food goes into his lungs. I suspect this is what they're worried about with you too. Well, he had to do tongue exercises, and even after doing them for half a year, his swallower is not as effective as it used to be. He still has to keep doing them, or it becomes less effective.

The more soundly-unrelated part. Dad had his prostate removed decades ago. To do that, they had to remove one of three muscles that holds us back from peeing in our pants. One of three muscles. Just seems like if you have three muscles to do one thing, losing one of them stops you from being able to do that one thing. BUT, there are exercises for that too. If you build up other muscles, it compensates for the missing one.

Which is how it relates to you. You're missing neck muscles now. Can you check with a speech therapist on if there is anything doable to build up other muscles so you can swallow more than Thicken It!? And, can you learn how to use other muscles to compensate for the missing muscles? It is possible... sometimes. I've seen it happen before.

Also, since your stuck on Thicken it! (at least for a time), be aware that the stuff that comes in the quart-size taste funny. (John taught me this, so don't remember how it tasted funny, other than he didn't like it, therefore didn't hydrate properly until he was off the stuff. Would have been a problem, if he never got off it.)

It does come in flavors, but the flavors are about the size of a pudding-cup. Still, well worth it for flavoring, but realize you'll be drinking it a lot, so will run out quickly. (They come in cases, so I didn't want you to think a case would last long.) Oh, and good news. There is a powder form to make coffee. (Coffee is main ingredient, but some thickening gel, so it feels like making instant coffee.) Now, John is a coffee snob, so usually won't drink anything less than Seattle's Best, Starbucks, or Dunkin Donut, but do know he thought the coffee was wonderful. Not sure if that's a ringing endorsement though, since coffee was the first thing he tasted in 6 months, so any taste was wonderful then. (His speech therapist laughed at him, because he thought he was tasting vanilla pudding, but he was really tasting a barium milkshake. Barium milkshake -- nasty as it gets to me. lol)

Oh, and be careful with some flavors of Thicken It, if you're diabetic. There is sugar in some.

Just wanted you to know there are flavored Thicken Its. Not the same as banana pie, but much better than nothing.

My heart breaks that you're going through this again.

Since your mouth piece is a prosthetic, any chance they can make you a new one? When people get prosthetic limbs, the stub often changes shape in the first year or two, so they have to get fitted more than once.

Hmmm, how about that. After all this, it seems my prayer for you is the same.

Lord, please take good care of Joi. Amen.

Thanks Lynn - lots to think about here. I have found that our own well water thickened is a little better than the pre-made stuff. I'm thinning it down a little more each day or so working those muscles. Mostly I'm working on speaking which is tongue exercises. My mouth piece is checked every month or so for fitting. So far it is okay.

I'm down to 107 pounds. You could blow me away. Very weak.

Thank you for praying and caring.

Jul 15, 2017
You will be in my prayers

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
Joi, I am so sorry to hear you have gone through this again. But praise God for the family and friends who surround you with love,

Praying for God’s healing touch, and that you will adjust and continue to be the vibrant testimony for Christ, that you have always been.

L

loverofjesus27

Lemon anything lemon detoxifies and prevents cancer.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Let us not be carried away by strange and/OR DECEITful doctrines.

Were lemon the preventive or cure all would have known this well
long ago, and my dear sister, Linda Kay,would be with us.

She lived and witnessed to the very time of her crossing over from this
age, and she was happy and inspiring to many

She lived much longer than she was givento live by her doctors, and tehy were
all a bit confused as to how and how she was so content..........we know.

Now I pray for all good blessings for Joiedevivre along iwth all others who
have and will pray in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.