Can't run Christian Chat Desktop Application (CCDA) on Windows 7 SP1 - HELP

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

dave_in_KWC

May 21, 2014
KWC, Ontario
I tried everything I know how to do!

What I observed:

• Avast Internet Security program is suspicious of CCDA, even though I indicated I "trust" the CCDA. It indicates the CCDA may be dangerous.
  • I get an error window that shows up when I try to run CCDA that says: "Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item."
  • Running CCDA as an administrator doesn't work either
  • When I initially tried to run the downloaded file, I got a message that I needed to d/l AdobeAir (AA). I did that 1st, then tried to run the CCDA.exe file again. This time CCDA loaded AdobeAir automatically, even tho I had already d/l'd AA

Help!

Feb 5, 2017
Hi Dave hope you are well. I was unaware there is a desktop app? Where did you get it from?

Feb 5, 2017
Ah my bad it says so on the main page!

Feb 5, 2017
Try copying the whole folder it is in, put it in another folder somewhere else on your hard disk eg. c:/ccda just to test, and then run from there.

dave_in_KWC

May 21, 2014
KWC, Ontario
Try copying the whole folder it is in, put it in another folder somewhere else on your hard disk eg. c:/ccda just to test, and then run from there.
Did that and placed the whole folder on the Desktop. No go. I get the same error message I posted earlier.

- I have also uninstalled the CCDA and deleted the d/l folder and re-d/l'd the program, after restarting the system. No go.

Feb 5, 2017
Are you sure your user account is the administrator, or is it a sub account? You can look in the Security tab of the files to find out what permissions you have. But it sounds like this is the issue.

If you think it is the AV (which I doubt) you could temporarily disable it and try and run it. Although this doesn't have anything to do with permissions.

Did that and placed the whole folder on the Desktop. No go. I get the same error message I posted earlier.

- I have also uninstalled the CCDA and deleted the d/l folder and re-d/l'd the program, after restarting the system. No go.

dave_in_KWC

May 21, 2014
KWC, Ontario
Are you sure your user account is the administrator, or is it a sub account? You can look in the Security tab of the files to find out what permissions you have. But it sounds like this is the issue.

If you think it is the AV (which I doubt) you could temporarily disable it and try and run it. Although this doesn't have anything to do with permissions.
I have no sign that it is a "sub account". As far as I can tell, I am running it as the admin.

I'll try disabling the AV.

I'm also going to try it on my Windows 10 desktop.
Thanks for your efforts.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Adobe has been discontinued, although apparently support for it goes until 2020.. That could be part of the problem, because I downloaded it several times the other day and it STILL don't wanna work.. :/

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
I'm no help but I've forwarded this thread to RoboOp.

Feb 7, 2015
How are we able to see your words if you cannot run this program?

Oct 21, 2013
the problem is also the same for apple users I can't access the rooms tells me to down load the windows app at the top as well

S

Sherril

I cant get in on my computer or on the phone app....I hope I don't lose all my blogs or friends in this change up im kinda bummed out, I wanted to go on chat for thanksgiving well ...hoping it will all work out soon....I do not see a playstore on my phone I tried diff ways to install ....oh well ...happy thanksgiving dear ones have a wonderful day....Robo I need help to make this work .....love in Christ Sherril....:)

SHERAH

Jun 19, 2016
I cant get in on my computer or on the phone app....I hope I don't lose all my blogs or friends in this change up im kinda bummed out, I wanted to go on chat for thanksgiving well ...hoping it will all work out soon....I do not see a playstore on my phone I tried diff ways to install ....oh well ...happy thanksgiving dear ones have a wonderful day....Robo I need help to make this work .....love in Christ Sherril....:)
Hi Sherril, I cant get in either. What's happening?

SHERAH

Jun 19, 2016
Hi everyone, I cant get in the chat room either. it says safari. cant open it.

S

Sherril

I fixed it on phone I needed to reinstall goggle playstore, and then on computer I think im getting it but I need robo to make it so I can go in other rooms...he did it for my phone app its all good now....but its working out
Sherah

S

Sherril

the playstore goggle has to be installed...on phone

vic1980

Apr 25, 2013
I would suggest to make the app on the pc optional not mandatory, not everyone want's more app on there pc , not everyone has enough hdd space to add stuff. Besides the top down loader was a brilliant idea that has work out for so many years. Why toss it into the trash , it was simply implemented for many pc throughout all these years ?

Aug 15, 2011
Hi guys I cant seem to get into the chatrooms...dont know whats going on.

It says to download something but my chome wont let me use it.

I hope you can help ty!!!!!!1