Can't You See, There Is Something Wrong With Me.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

Seeking-Christ

Can't you see,
There is something wrong with me.
Oh how can it be?
I will repel you...
By everything I say and do..
You see, There is something wrong with me.
I can not fix myself.
I was created for hell.
Can't you tell?

Live4Him3

Jesus is Lord
May 19, 2022
Can't you see,
Oh how can it be?
I will repel you...
I can not fix myself.
I was created for hell.
Can't you tell?
You weren't created for hell.

Here's what you were truly created for:

Ephesians chapter 2

[8] For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
[9] Not of works, lest any man should boast.
[10] For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Aerials1978

Dec 10, 2019
Enough with the sulking. God gives His own the strength to endure. We all will have hard times, peaks and valleys. Time to get out and do something for others as we are called to be servants. Or emote on forums looking for sympathy from strangers to fill a void only Jesus can.

Amanuensis

Jun 12, 2021
Can't you see,
Oh how can it be?
I will repel you...
I can not fix myself.
I was created for hell.
Can't you tell?
It's called being negative. Get the book "The Power of Positive Thinking" and "How to Win Friends and Influence People" and "7 habits of Highly Successful People" and turn things around.

No one likes to be around a negative person and a whiner. You know that. It's no mystery why.

You weren't created for hell but you are not helping yourself by such negative talk. It creates it's own reality and you will just keep making things worse for yourself by always talking like that.

And if you keep it up there will be consequences. It's a sin. stop it.

Gideon300

Mar 18, 2021
Can't you see,
Oh how can it be?
I will repel you...
I can not fix myself.
I was created for hell.
Can't you tell?
Hell was created for Satan and his angels, not man. God is not willing that anyone should perish but that all should be saved and come to the knowledge of the truth. Of course you cannot fix yourself. No one can. God alone can fix people. He wants to fix you. I was like you. I despised myself. I was weak, introverted, unsociable, fearful, dishonest, a drunk, depressed and suicidal. If God can fix me, He can fix anyone. And God has fixed me. I'm nothing like I used to be - only by God's grace.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
We all are broken, you and me
And all you view from sea to sea
When Adam fell we lost our place
As sin marred the human race

But God in wisdom had a plan
To redeem broken and corrupted man
He sent another in our stead
Who healed us as He groaned and bled

He died for those like you and me
He bought us back upon the tree
So in us He may be found
As He sets our lives on solid ground

Don't listen to the deceivers voice
Who of old has made his choice
Bow your head and heart and believe
Eternal life you shall receive

S

Seeking-Christ

It's called being negative. Get the book "The Power of Positive Thinking" and "How to Win Friends and Influence People" and "7 habits of Highly Successful People" and turn things around.

No one likes to be around a negative person and a whiner. You know that. It's no mystery why.

You weren't created for hell but you are not helping yourself by such negative talk. It creates it's own reality and you will just keep making things worse for yourself by always talking like that.

And if you keep it up there will be consequences. It's a sin. stop it.
I've been involved with an open forum discussion. Some of the ways I've been feeling through that discussion has been of hopelessness. The feeling is so strong that I felt that I needed to express it artistically. You would have me bottle it all up inside. Believe me, what is bottled up inside will come out somehow. If it's a sin then so be it. If it causes me to loose friends. So be it. I don't have any anyways! LOL Which is probably one of the reasons why I feel this way. See where the hopeless loop comes from?

S

Seeking-Christ

We all are broken, you and me
And all you view from sea to sea
When Adam fell we lost our place
As sin marred the human race

But God in wisdom had a plan
To redeem broken and corrupted man
He sent another in our stead
Who healed us as He groaned and bled

He died for those like you and me
He bought us back upon the tree
So in us He may be found
As He sets our lives on solid ground

Don't listen to the deceivers voice
Who of old has made his choice
Bow your head and heart and believe
Eternal life you shall receive
Good Poem! :)

S

Seeking-Christ

Hell was created for Satan and his angels, not man. God is not willing that anyone should perish but that all should be saved and come to the knowledge of the truth. Of course you cannot fix yourself. No one can. God alone can fix people. He wants to fix you. I was like you. I despised myself. I was weak, introverted, unsociable, fearful, dishonest, a drunk, depressed and suicidal. If God can fix me, He can fix anyone. And God has fixed me. I'm nothing like I used to be - only by God's grace.
That is amazing. But I never got into drinking. But I've struggled with suicidal thoughts for almost as long as I can remember!

S

Seeking-Christ

Enough with the sulking. God gives His own the strength to endure. We all will have hard times, peaks and valleys. Time to get out and do something for others as we are called to be servants. Or emote on forums looking for sympathy from strangers to fill a void only Jesus can.
You don't know my life. Because if you did, you might eat those words.

S

Seeking-Christ

You weren't created for hell.

Here's what you were truly created for:

Ephesians chapter 2

[8] For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
[9] Not of works, lest any man should boast.
[10] For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.
I'm not sure if I ever went into details, why I think/feel that way. I think i should try to articulate it.

I feel like I'm failure in life and a failure for God and a failure for other people. I think it would take a good paragraph to try and explain where these feelings come from. But they are so deep inside of myself, I can't seem to dig them out.

Aerials1978

Dec 10, 2019
You don't know my life. Because if you did, you might eat those words.
I don’t need to know your life. I do know that you have access to the internet. Probably food, shelter, etc. Meanwhile there is a little girl dying of leukemia who is cheerful as a morning Lilly. Just putting things into perspective. If you knew what hell really is, you would do everything possible to avoid it. I wouldn’t use it so glibly. Saying this with tough love of course.

S

Seeking-Christ

I don’t need to know your life. I do know that you have access to the internet. Probably food, shelter, etc. Meanwhile there is a little girl dying of leukemia who is cheerful as a morning Lilly. Just putting things into perspective. If you knew what hell really is, you would do everything possible to avoid it. I wouldn’t use it so glibly. Saying this with tough love of course.
I think about stuff like that all the time, and it makes me even harder on myself! And write even worse poems about myself!

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Can't you see,
Oh how can it be?
I will repel you...
I can not fix myself.
I was created for hell.
Can't you tell?
Seem normal to me.

S

Seeking-Christ

When I talk to directly to people, i usually talk with logic. Sometimes I get emotional. But poetry is always emotional.

S

Seeking-Christ

Your brain has a logical side and an emotional side. I think my poems, lean more to how things are making me feel. They are not always completely accurate to full reality.

Amanuensis

Jun 12, 2021
I've been involved with an open forum discussion. Some of the ways I've been feeling through that discussion has been of hopelessness. The feeling is so strong that I felt that I needed to express it artistically. You would have me bottle it all up inside. Believe me, what is bottled up inside will come out somehow. If it's a sin then so be it. If it causes me to loose friends. So be it. I don't have any anyways! LOL Which is probably one of the reasons why I feel this way. See where the hopeless loop comes from?
That is not what those books teach. Seek the solution. I know from experience that these books will help you. If you don't want to consider it, that's your prerogative.

S

Seeking-Christ

That is not what those books teach. Seek the solution. I know from experience that these books will help you. If you don't want to consider it, that's your prerogative.
3 books might be a little too much for me. If you had to pick one which one do you think is the most important.

Amanuensis

Jun 12, 2021
3 books might be a little too much for me. If you had to pick one which one do you think is the most important.
Based on the things you have repeated in your posts I would suggest you start with "How to Win Friends and Influence People." It will help you identify the "something that is wrong with you" and why things have not turned out the way you wanted them to. It is simple to understand and simple to start practicing and guaranteed to bring different results than what you have had in the past. Don't judge it by the title, it has nothing to do with "influencing people" in any kind of selfish desire to be popular or manipulate people. It teaches basic principles that are easy to start using in real life, and it is very inspirational and motivating. Very realistic. Not hype.

It could have been called "How to Win Friends and Help People, or How to Win Friends and Bless People, or How to Win Friends and Make the World a much better place" but "How to Win Friends and Influence People" is a good title after you read it and understand what the author means by that.