Caring for creation

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
When we love our Father we act accordingly…… This would be our nature, from Him.
Yes well He created it for His glory. Not for ours.

He made it alive. I dont understand why people have this mindset well Gods going to destory it anyway so it doesnt matter. Well actually no. GOd is in the business of saving and redeeming, not destroying. This is why he sent Jesus. Only the wicked are going to be destroyed..,and the wicked include those who listen to satan and steal, kill and destroy the righteous.

We believers are looking to the promise,we arent looking for the destruction.

Even Peter explains 2 Peter 13-15
Read to the end ..seems like people dont and automatically look at the gore and destruction.

Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness. Wherefore beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye might be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless.

And it carries on.
GOd is going to call everyone to account how they looked after His creation.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
But itsnt it sin aginst your soul when you hate Gods creation and leave it as a mess. Your actions indicate that you just dont care because God tells us to love our neighbour. And that includes all of Gods creation. Plants, animals, people.

Am very sorry you think it just doesnt matter to God. He made this earth and He expects us to look after all He created. The environment includes every living thing around you.

It has nothing to do with being 'left' it has everything to do with being righteous.
Please don't put words in my mouth to bolster your argument.
I never said it doesn't matter to God, what I did convey was that one soul is more important to God than all the rivers oceans and creatures of this earth.

Matthew 16:26 (KJV) For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?

That is why His Son DIED FOR OUR SINS, and His mandate to us is to go and preach and teach all creatures the Gospel that their souls may be saved.
But instead we have these leftists infiltrating the Church and derailing that commission unto things like Racism, the Environment, economic disparities and using (abusing) Scripture to push their false agenda of 'being righteous'.

Join it if you wish.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
People that dont care are exactly how Peter describes in his letter.

2 Peter 1-22

Dogs return to their vomit, and pigs return to wallowing in the mud. So humans go back to their polluting ways. They dont learn to do anything right, after they are cleansed? PEter sure has words to say about it.

Stop living in error, or you have a worse fate.

People that produce a lot of rubbish, should go take a trip to a garbage dump landfill and see what a stinking mess theyve created. They should go to the harbour and see all the fish and sea life they kill with their throwaway plastics. 2 Peter talks about pollution in 2:20 and not just meaning filthy conversation..he relates this back to filthy lives.

Dont despise the truth, cherish it.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
People that dont care are exactly how Peter describes in his letter.

2 Peter 1-22

Dogs return to their vomit, and pigs return to wallowing in the mud. So humans go back to their polluting ways. They dont learn to do anything right, after they are cleansed? PEter sure has words to say about it.

Stop living in error, or you have a worse fate.

People that produce a lot of rubbish, should go take a trip to a garbage dump landfill and see what a stinking mess theyve created. They should go to the harbour and see all the fish and sea life they kill with their throwaway plastics. 2 Peter talks about pollution in 2:20 and not just meaning filthy conversation..he relates this back to filthy lives.

Dont despise the truth, cherish it.
It would help if you cited the correct reference...

2 Peter 2:22 (KJV) But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire.

Ok let's see what the true Proverb was that Peter is citing...

Proverbs 26:11 (KJV) As a dog returneth to his vomit, so a fool returneth to his folly.

Now let's see the context of Peter's statement...

The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished: But chiefly them that walk after the flesh in the lust of uncleanness, and despise government. Presumptuous are they, selfwilled, they are not afraid to speak evil of dignities. Whereas angels, which are greater in power and might, bring not railing accusation against them before the Lord. But these, as natural brute beasts, made to be taken and destroyed, speak evil of the things that they understand not; and shall utterly perish in their own corruption; And shall receive the reward of unrighteousness, as they that count it pleasure to riot in the day time. Spots they are and blemishes, sporting themselves with their own deceivings while they feast with you; Having eyes full of adultery, and that cannot cease from sin; beguiling unstable souls: an heart they have exercised with covetous practices; cursed children: Which have forsaken the right way, and are gone astray, following the way of Balaam the son of Bosor, who loved the wages of unrighteousness; But was rebuked for his iniquity: the dumb ass speaking with man's voice forbad the madness of the prophet. These are wells without water, clouds that are carried with a tempest; to whom the mist of darkness is reserved for ever. For when they speak great swelling words of vanity, they allure through the lusts of the flesh, through much wantonness, those that were clean escaped from them who live in error. While they promise them liberty, they themselves are the servants of corruption: for of whom a man is overcome, of the same is he brought in bondage. For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning. For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them. But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire.
(2Pe 2:9-22)

I see nothing about taking care of the environment in the passage above.
Do you honestly think Peter is speaking in terms of environmental pollution when he specifically pointed out lust, coveteousness and despisers of authority?

Again, caring for souls is vastly more noble than caring for the environment.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
Good scripture. Thanks for posting.

I just feel like the world is drawing near to the it's end. Jesus said because iniquity shall abound the love of many shall grow cold. Matt. 24.

I'm not saying we shouldn't pray about it and do our best to care for creation, but in the end it is going to happen that this world will be destroyed. I think the state of the the world is only going to get worse until then not better.
i'm pessimistic too ((i guess lol))

but i agree; it's like having an old jalopy car. even tho i know it's falling apart and all the parts are breaking down, that doesn't mean i'm not going to change the oil, or pile up the floorboards with trash, or not bother to keep the tires inflated, or whatever. why should i add to its demise?

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
In this environmental issue, I see a form of Post Millennialism some are taking. That is, the Church will make this world a better place (we set up the Millennium) in preparation to usher in Christ's 2nd Coming. IOW, cleaning up the environment is part of the preparation.

Some others of us have a more Pre-Millennialist mentality where things will get worse and worse and then Christ will return, clean up the mess and set up His Millennial reign. In that reign we will see the restoration of the earth take place by Jesus from Jerusalem.

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
In this environmental issue, I see a form of Post Millennialism some are taking. That is, the Church will make this world a better place (we set up the Millennium) in preparation to usher in Christ's 2nd Coming. IOW, cleaning up the environment is part of the preparation.

Some others of us have a more Pre-Millennialist mentality where things will get worse and worse and then Christ will return, clean up the mess and set up His Millennial reign. In that reign we will see the restoration of the earth take place by Jesus from Jerusalem.
I concur with you crossnote. We probably are not going to make any headway in cleaning up our planet before Christ comes back. We should still be good stewards over God's creation. What I don't agree with is your interpretation that the earth will be completely burned up in the day of God's wrath. Then how does the lion or the wolf make it into the millennial reign (see Isaiah 11:6)? I think many things will be burnt but not all. :cool:

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
I concur with you crossnote. We probably are not going to make any headway in cleaning up our planet before Christ comes back. We should still be good stewards over God's creation. What I don't agree with is your interpretation that the earth will be completely burned up in the day of God's wrath. Then how does the lion or the wolf make it into the millennial reign (see Isaiah 11:6)? I think many things will be burnt but not all. :cool:
The burning up of the earth and heavens as mentioned in 2Pet, happens after the Millennium and White Throne Judgment (Rev 20)...

And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
(Rev 21:1)

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
The burning up of the earth and heavens as mentioned in 2Pet, happens after the Millennium and White Throne Judgment (Rev 20)...

And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
Couldn't it just be rebuilt but slightly better. Where do the animals come from in the Kingdom? I think Christ will rebuild the earth during the reign. :)

theanointedwinner

Nov 6, 2018
For wisdom in this matter, prioritize soul winning first

For "stewardship credits" to store up treasures in heaven, recycling can help as well

Sep 16, 2014
What does the Bible say about caring for creation?

What can we do to stop polluting our environment? Will God heal our land? So many people are dying of cancer and other environmental dieseases caused by pollution. Animals are being choked to death by all the plastic in the ocean. Some places you cant even have clean air and water and the rain is acid rain!

And this affects everyone all over the world not just some people. What can we do.
The Bible might say 99.9 to 1 there is a responsibility for man towards men, spreading the gospel. It won't do a bit of good to cite the statistics of what part of earth is inhabited by men, a very low percent. In uninhabited areas new species of plants and animals are being found. The list grows instead of diminishing. The sufferers are people and some animals in heavily populated areas. Non-industrialized areas are statistically unaffected. The pollution problem is mostly local, gases blown down wind and mixed with fresh air until barely detected. Try spending a vacation in Arizona downwind from polluted Los Angeles. You would enjoy clean fresh air! The air pollution of Asia and our West coast is diluted to insignificance.

Concerning the plastic pollution of the Pacific Ocean, a band of it is mostly detected between Japan and Hawaii. The sum of it all is compared to a refrigerator afloat in Lake Michigan. If Christians would just expend the resources used to deal with that 'refrigerator-sized' problem, this world would know Jesus and all lands healed.

I realize a lot of people here who identify with "Christian", yet statistically most avoid church attendance, will once again go on the attack. I will not listen to excuses.

Where does the Bible make a mandate for modern man to be responsible for the cleanliness of this planet? Any valid doctrine needs at least three scriptural references, in context, to be a valid doctrine. That's common sense.

So even if Christians were accurately tasked to do the job, how would the Church impose such remedies considering how few nations that do the polluting won't do a thing about it?

Christians have specific mandates that don't include rescuing God's creation. Ours is to preach the gospel of Christ to every "creature" (humans). But what have we going on? Supporting a PETA endorsed puppy or underfed kitten. Billions of dollars are devoted annually to pet animals, while ignoring perishing humans world-wide. Why pit a little human child against a dog?

Man can't regulate the world's atmosphere. We can't stop a tornado or make rain when needed, nor avert a drought nor hurricane. None of us can stop earthquakes and tsunamis. The polar bears were feared going extinct, while they adapted and are increasing in numbers.

The Bible teaches people what God wants US to do. We each do locally what is reasonable. We water our pets and herds. We see to it they are fed. We give alms to the poor, meeting their very basic needs to live. Why take away the motive for them to seek prosperity by giving them prosperity as though we are the gods? Because some preachers seem to abuse prosperity? Well, some preachers abuse prosperity by condemning prosperity, favoring poverty, what God identified as a curse. How many TV preachers have you heard who promote honest labor? We have signs all over our state stating "HELP WANTED". When not enough arrives, businesses close down or reduce to Mom and Pop status.

Sep 16, 2014
Couldn't it just be rebuilt but slightly better. Where do the animals come from in the Kingdom? I think Christ will rebuild the earth during the reign. :)
The animal kingdom lives. More species are discovered every week. There is no need for more. Even species believed to be long extinct are being found. Species thought extinct millions of years ago have shown bone marrow with still-plastic blood components that needed far more evolutionary time to become solid mineral specimens. God has been hiding the vulnerable from sinful men.

Jesus will remove every remembrance of evil from the earth by FIRE, not flood. Applying fire is more precise. Like the column of fire seen by Exodus Hebrews, used to light the way of travel, God can do surgery on the earth we have known in part. I torch weeds instead of spreading weed killers over my lawn. When I see aphids on my azaleas I apply whatever is minimally needed to control them, like a bacterium adverse to them, or a fungicide dealing with a class of rose fungus.

Jehovah God will not subject His Holy Heaven to destruction. His Heaven is already PERFECT, and always has been in no need of revision. If anyone tells you differently, you ought to ignore that false teacher!

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
Yes He will, but have fun with what it says here :) ...

2 Peter 3:6-7,10-13 KJVS
[6] Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished: [7] But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men. [10] But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up. [11] Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness, [12] Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat? [13] Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

...especially the bold part in vs. 11.

Sep 16, 2014
For wisdom in this matter, prioritize soul winning first

For "stewardship credits" to store up treasures in heaven, recycling can help as well
I fail to find any promise of that other than what the holy scriptures promise. Making great balls of refuse plastics into homeless bedding is not an idea God promoted in scriptures. There are, however, scriptural ideas for "scriptural credits" to store up credits in Heaven. If I could devise a satellite capable of finding and recycling loose plastics on earth, how would that add to heavenly treasures, when God will take that upon Himself anyway?

God is looking for spiritual achievements, not mysterious chemical formulae.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
I torch weeds instead of spreading weed killers over my lawn. When I see aphids on my azaleas I apply whatever is minimally needed to control them, like a bacterium adverse to them, or a fungicide dealing with a class of rose fungus.
For a moment there, I thought you were going to say, "I torch my aphid infested Azaleas. LOL

Sep 16, 2014

It might not seem very scriptural, but as a landscape archetect I presided over many buldozings of old homeplaces, turning them over to earthly 'paradises'. Cherished old trees are sometimes preserved at the cost of many thousands of US dollars, down to a daffodil bed that cost the land owner many more thousands to save. "I can save you $11,000 by providing a whole new flower bed". I could say. But then comes "But that bed was Mommas treasure". Many tears are shed on the side of owner and contractor.

OH, me, is there nothing of this earth worth saving to you, child of God? If not, now is the time to build a memorial to the Lord, if not a single daffodil? If not, what little gesture of a holy word for Him in this life?

theanointedwinner

Nov 6, 2018
I fail to find any promise of that other than what the holy scriptures promise. Making great balls of refuse plastics into homeless bedding is not an idea God promoted in scriptures. There are, however, scriptural ideas for "scriptural credits" to store up credits in Heaven. If I could devise a satellite capable of finding and recycling loose plastics on earth, how would that add to heavenly treasures, when God will take that upon Himself anyway?

God is looking for spiritual achievements, not mysterious chemical formulae.
Organic fruit, not chemically enlarged GMO

Got it

Sep 16, 2014
For a moment there, I thought you were going to say, "I torch my aphid infested Azaleas. LOL
Beloved one, there remains insecticidal soap for that. If not that, beneficial insects or bacteria will do the job if accurately identified. God spared the world since the great flood of Genesis, providing natural remedies, allowing Noah to accept many solutions.

Didymous

Feb 22, 2018
What does the Bible say about caring for creation?

What can we do to stop polluting our environment? Will God heal our land? So many people are dying of cancer and other environmental dieseases caused by pollution. Animals are being choked to death by all the plastic in the ocean. Some places you cant even have clean air and water and the rain is acid rain!

And this affects everyone all over the world not just some people. What can we do.
Nothing. It's too late, dude.