Catholic vs Protestant Debate.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

SaintAnthony

I am a Catholic and I would like to have a one on one debate with any Protestant from any denomination, bring up anything on what you do not agree with on the Catholic church as in doctrine, tradition, the papacy, praying to saints etc. I will answer the best I can with love and charity.

God Bless

Jan 18, 2011
I am a Catholic and I would like to have a one on one debate with any Protestant from any denomination, bring up anything on what you do not agree with on the Catholic church as in doctrine, tradition, the papacy, praying to saints etc. I will answer the best I can with love and charity.

God Bless
O where o where does one even begin . . . .

You could always take your pick if you like. Here is a sampling.

[] Forbidding to Marry and Commanding to Abstain from Foods (Deceiving Spirits and Doctrines of Demons)

[] Sacraments (A False Gospel)

[] Eucahrist (A False Christ)

[] Prayer to Saints, Veneration of Images, Worship of Mary (Idolatry)

[] Call No Man Father

[] Homosexuals

[] Infant Baptism

[] Muslims

[] Purgatory

[] Suicide

Of course, I don't know much about the history of the Catholic Church. My disagreement with these is based on the Bible alone.

Last edited:
May 18, 2011

God Bless
I have four threads called "My people are destroyed for lack... Pt. 1,2,3, and 4. They are about the truth of catholicism.
For example,
1) the pagan history of the rosary,
2) the Bible being put in the index of forbidden books
3) The fact that YHVH's 2nd commandment is "You shall have NO graven images of any likeness in the heaven, earth, or in the earth to represent Him, and yet catholicism is full of graven images that catholics kiss, pray to and bow to.

How is that for starters? Shalom

A

alia73

I love you God and pray one day that regardless of religion beliefs, they know one day you love us all regardless of free will and find inner peace/serenity.............God we are all sinners and flawed, yet you love us all....

S

SaintAnthony

1. You are confused and you misunderstand so much of what the Church does not even teach, where is this in the Catechism of the Catholic Church? Homosexuals? Forbidding to marry?

1. I can only debate on one subject at a time. I say you pick, by the way what denomination are you? It seems what your Church is teaching you about Catholicism is fully false and have many mis understandings.

A

alia73

Catholicism is misunderstood... I just wish religion was exercised differently. Whatever denomination we choose, we should respect each other's opinions openly without attack. Every catholic I have met have been kind to me and my grandma's jewish family ostracised her for marrying a yorkshire man. I would love to meet my Jewish family in Jarusalem and England. Oh God I wish people could clearly see your love for mankind....

Jan 18, 2011
1. You are confused and you misunderstand so much of what the Church does not even teach, where is this in the Catechism of the Catholic Church? Homosexuals? Forbidding to marry?
Those are just the titles of potential topics. So for example "Homosexuals" refers to the Church's teachings on homosexuals, as found in the Catechism.

1. I can only debate on one subject at a time. I say you pick, by the way what denomination are you? It seems what your Church is teaching you about Catholicism is fully false and have many mis understandings.
Probably best to start with an easy one. How about Muslims.

"The plan of salvation also includes those who acknowledge the Creator, in the first place amongst whom are the Muslims; these profess to hold the faith of Abraham, and together with us they adore the one, merciful God, mankind's judge on the last day" (Catechism #841)

Muslims are in a false religion, Islam, which teaches that Jesus was created from the dust (Surah 3:59) and is not the Son of God who died for the world (Surah 4:157). Now, carefully read the following verse.

23 Whoever denies the Son does not have the Father either; he who acknowledges the Son has the Father also. (1 John 2:23)

So, the Bible says that whoever denies the Son does not have the Father (i.e. is not included in the plan of salvation). Yet the Catholic Church attributes salvation to them. In addiction to 1 John 2:23 above, this also denies the words of Jesus:

6 Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. (John 14:6)

And it makes the Catholic way extremely broad:

13 "Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. 14 Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it. (Matthew 7:13-14)

To sum up: Catholics say that a Muslim can attain salvation; the Bible says that anyone who denies the Son (Muslims) will not attain salvation.

May 18, 2011
St. Athony, I mean no disrespect, but you may have bitten off more than you can chew on this one. But if you want, we can proceed. Shalom

May 18, 2011
"The Pope is of so great dignity & so exalted that he is not mere man, but as it were God & the Vicar of God"
"Hence, the Pope is crowned with a triple crown, as king of heaven, & of earth & of the lower regions."
"So that if it were possible that the angels might err in the faith, or might think contrary to the faith, they could be judged & excommunicated by the Pope"
"The Pope is as it were God on earth, sole sovereign... not only of the earthly but also of the heavenly kingdom."

Lucius Ferraris, Prompta Bibliotheca Canonica, The Roman Catholic Ecclesiastical Dictionary, Vol. VI pg. 438-442

Here's one for you to work on SaintAnthony. Shalom

Dec 19, 2009

God Bless
I don’t believe there is a perfect church.

J

jujitz

New to board and interested in chat if you desire. Thank you.

N

nathan3

Why start a thread like this ? We need to be more unified as Christians, and leave the church systems out of Christianity...

I'm sure you'll get plenty of people to argue with. but it just seems pointless.

J

jimmydiggs

Why start a thread like this ? We need to be more unified as Christians, and leave the church systems out of Christianity...

I'm sure you'll get plenty of people to argue with. but it just seems pointless.
Catholicism isn't Christian.

Also,

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012

He's new to the board and maybe unwittingly attached his post to an old debate thread. Go easy.

N

nathan3

Catholicism isn't Christian.

Also,

I don't care either way. Because there are Christians, in that Church, regardless if the church is wrong . It is pointless and petty arguments only divide a house. And it will cause problems . Let's focus on the word of God, and let God correct as its taught . But lets leave judging other Christians out of it. we need unity as Christians not divisions. And pointing out the flaws of every church is not edifying to the Body.

Your going to school some one with the attitude you just displayed here ???

Matthew 5:22

King James Version (KJV)

22 But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

for fool "
mwroV
moros
mo-ros'

probably from the base of musthrion - musterion 3466; dull or stupid (as if shut up), i.e. heedless, (morally) blockhead, (apparently) absurd:--fool(-ish, X -ishness).

Last edited:

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
I work in long term care. I have many Catholics I minister to. They love Jesus. I don't find that in some Protestant denominations, at least in Canada.

So can't we follow the law of love, and not debate whether the side issues of the Catholic Church are important? If you came on here to convert Protestants, it is not going to work.

If you came on here to learn about what we believe, then ask.

Other than that, let us agree to serve Jesus Christ, and not worry about the rest.

N

nathan3

He's new to the board and maybe unwittingly attached his post to an old debate thread. Go easy.
How is he new ? he joined in 2010 . He's received (1515) likes. he knows what hes doing... he may not meant to have called me moron... But it was in poor taste non the less.

That is the kind of attention these types of threads attract.

Last edited:
B

BlessedLovedByGod

im sorry I used to be catholic now Im a christian. What about homosexuals @trust in the name.

O where o where does one even begin . . . .

You could always take your pick if you like. Here is a sampling.

[] Forbidding to Marry and Commanding to Abstain from Foods (Deceiving Spirits and Doctrines of Demons)

[] Sacraments (A False Gospel)

[] Eucahrist (A False Christ)

[] Prayer to Saints, Veneration of Images, Worship of Mary (Idolatry)

[] Call No Man Father

[] Homosexuals

[] Infant Baptism

[] Muslims

[] Purgatory

[] Suicide

Of course, I don't know much about the history of the Catholic Church. My disagreement with these is based on the Bible alone.

B

BishopSEH

God Bless
Brother,

If you really want to do this I offer to be the non-Roman counterpart. I am not part of the "Protestant Church" but of The Way which predates the Roman Church. I do however have a solid understanding of the teachings, doctrines and beliefs and governmental set up of the various denominations within the Reformed Church which is its correct name.

I would set some guidelines though. First, it happens in a voice forum instead of written. Second, we find a moderator. Last, that the rules of the debate, ie. time limits, structure, ect. be agreed upon in advance and posted for all to see and to hold us both to account. It would also have to be okay with Robo ( Forum Admin). There should also be a Q&A session at the end as the viewers will have to remain silent.

If this is acceptable, simply respond. If not, good fortune.

In Christ,

Bishop SEH