CC: A 3 Month Usage Report With Suggestions.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
H

HENOG

I registered with cc on
January 24th, 2018. A while later I realised that there is an app to it so I downloaded the app.
I used the Christian Chat app from February till today (08.04.2018).
In the begging I got to know the people and the people got to know me, as is the case with all social affairs.
It didn't take long to realise that the Chat was dominated by a hand full of people who spend a lot of time on the chat. This is just natural and is also the case in general, those who are present more often determine the atmosphere of the group.
I also started spending more and more time on the app. and warmed up and opened up with time, as is the case with all social affairs.

Naturally some differences between me and some other members came to the forefront, this also is natural because people are different. It did however take on a certain form, namely that disagreement seemed to be primarily between me and members from the USA and Canada, this in itself doesn't not say much because most of the members are from the USA. It did however seem to be differences of cultural nature, even theologically the difference was primarily also cultural. The main differences as far as I could tell was with regards to:

1. Family matters, especially sex and sexuality, of which the last mentioned was almost exclusively viewed negatively. In my mind an unfortunate development.
2. Matters of Eschatology. The reason I say that even this is of cultural nature is because the Eschatology that was always defended against me was, without exception, dispensationalism, albeit in it's many forms with ideas of rapture, a literal millennial reign, a physical second coming of the Lord Jesus, persecutions and a dualist understanding of the Kingdom of God. The Americas, having had this doctrine
almost exclusively
, because of the sale of Scofield Bibles, tolerates no other Eschatological understanding.
3. Tolerance towards the Roman Catholic Church.

Despite these differences I could still use the app with relative joy, knowing that salvation does not lie in understanding and that such differences do not determine who the children of God are.
Unfortunately some of the dominating, more choleric, members saw my disagreement as flying in the face of their standing in the group and choose to always divert conversation to these issues of contentment, not allowing even the unspoken disagreement.
As it were, such a disagreement was called out in the room "The Shed" and one of the dominating participants called for more people to join him in banning me because of my disagreement with especially his Eschatology and also my defence of the Roman Catholic Christians who were in the room and in general. Soon after his call for my banning two obedient followers obliged him and banned me.
(It takes three people to ban some-one)[SUB][/SUB]
So now for my suggestion: It is unfortunate that people should be banned for theological issues, one should think that bans should be primarily for trolls. That some-one can be banned for a theological issue after having positively taken part for 3 months seems rather unfortunate. Having the states of a paying member, I was also surprised that I could be banned so easily... how does that influence those who have actually paid for the services? Is this not a failure to render the services they've paid for?
I would suggest that "bans" of members who have been taking part for 3 months (or a certain amount of hours) and who are also paying members should be reviewed and not take immediate effect.

Another hindrance to the growth of subscribers might be the formation of power groups in the rooms as explained above so that all newcomers are viewed as "suspicious" and made to go through a line of questioning to make sure they fit under the accepted doctrines of the group's alpha-members.
If they are found wanting they will be made to feel unwelcome or that they have to suppress their believes in-order to find acceptance with the group. In either case, such members will not become paying members but will always feel like second class members.
How to combat this? This is a very difficult challenge and the only way that I can see to break down the power of "dictatorial groups" would be to limit their power to ban those who stand up against them. Unfortunately their influence on the atmosphere of the Room will remain.

To make sure that a broader spectrum of Christians are allowed in the rooms, it might be an idea to have bans only take effect if 3 ban-requests from 3 different countries are made, so that the preconceptions of a certain group does not dominate.

I had a great 3 months on cc and had many positive experiences nonetheless. May the Lord bless your work in as far as it honors His name.

U

Ugly

I am not a mod or connected directly to the site, but this is my tale from years of being on here.

Actually the sites Official stance on Catholicism is that it is not Christian and therefore not viewed as a denomination. So trying to use the Catholic defense will get you nowhere.

There's no way putting a ban limit based off of being in separate countries will ever happen. What if there aren't three people from different countries when a troll comes in?

The new ban system, I suspect, is due to there being a lack of available moderators letting problem users go hours at times, with no one to stop them.

Being a paying user does not mean you should get special treatment on being banned. We've had paying members banned completely from the site for their behavior.

Also having a review on bans could take hours. This means a user that is a Real problem is still allowed to troll and cause trouble, which then defeats the purpose of the user based bans.

A more appropriate way of dealing with this us punishing those who misuse the ban.

Your labeling of the others that went along with the ban as "followers" doesn't make you look clean either.

As far as cliques in the chats go that's nothing new. Even before user bans it was the same thing. The current crop will fade away and a new group will take over. Nothing to do about that.

Mel85

Daughter of the True King
Mar 28, 2018
Hmmmmmm.......

Mel85

Mar 28, 2018
So you want all The Dark Crystal on him?
Nah, lol I just think it’s sad that people who call themselves Christians act this way.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Don't waste your time in the chat rooms. I've been there a few times and found it to be very boring, all it is Jesus 24/7/365. The best conversations take place in the forums and you can get to really know the members after a period of time.

J

joefizz

Don't waste your time in the chat rooms. I've been there a few times and found it to be very boring, all it is Jesus 24/7/365. The best conversations take place in the forums and you can get to really know the members after a period of time.
Yeah I hear ya I still have the app but a lot of rambling goes on there.

Mel85

Mar 28, 2018
Uh oh she's going to be irritated again.(ss lol)
You shush hehehe... naw, I just feel for the OP but I guess it comes down to what tourist... waste of time.

U

Ugly

Nah, lol I just think it’s sad that people who call themselves Christians act this way.
If it's true. The whole "two sides to every story" thing may apply here.

T

Tinuviel

As an American, I'm getting het up under the collar by the wide brush. That isn't MY end-times belief! lol

J

Jennie-Mae

As an American, I'm getting het up under the collar by the wide brush. That isn't MY end-times belief! lol
You saying that folks from outside of Conecuh county are...different...from...us??? :cool:

Last edited by a moderator: