cerimonial hair

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Mar 28, 2016
Hair or lack of hair is used in ceremonial laws designed as parable to preach the gospel of Christ in respect to the suffering of Christ beforehand .We look back to the reformation they by those ceremonial laws looked ahead.

Like other tools hair is used as a representative glory of the unseen glory of God. To cut it off or shave is to remove the representative glory or to cover it. New converts were to first shave their heads and nails as a sign of un clean (not redeemed ) not born again. Hair is also used in the peace offering going up in smoke as a Nazarene vow .

Deuteronomy 21:11-13 King James Version (KJV) And seest among the captives a beautiful woman, and hast a desire unto her, that thou wouldest have her to thy wife; Then thou shalt bring her home to thine house, and she shall shave her head, and pare her nails; And she shall put the raiment of her captivity from off her, and shall remain in thine house, and bewail her father and her mother a full month: and after that thou shalt go in unto her, and be her husband, and she shall be thy wife.

When the reformation came men and woman could get together and as one be used in a ceremony. Prior to that woman were forbidden and separated by a wall. Men who were allowed to participate did cover their hair or head if hairless . It represented the veil in the way or entrance of the representative holy place it had not been rent. It therefore became a new testament ordinance along with the bread and wine also used for the same purpose. A representative glory of the unseen holy place of God.

The length of hair is not the subject matter. The same principle used with woman applies with the Nazarene vow for man or woman . a representative glory of the unseen glory of god. Cut off the hair lose the power to represent the unseen peace offering..

Numbers 6:18 And the Nazarite shall shave the head of his separation at the door of the tabernacle of the congregation, and shall take the hair of the head of his separation, and put it in the fire which is under the sacrifice of the peace offerings.

Therefore man working to not cover his hair, and woman covering hers. Then the only glory to be seen is that which comes by walking by faith . a sign by which the angels can look into salvation not being subject to it themselves.

Its glory, glory, glory. or holy, holy, holy.

Even the father of lies, the counterfeiter is shown coming as described in all his glory .The face of a man and hair of a woman as one creature, to the bride of Christ to emphasize the purpose of the parable. No glorying in the flesh.. neither male not female Jew or gentile. Remembering we are not that in which we will be when we do receive our incorruptible body...

Revelation 9:6-8 King James Version (KJV) And in those days shall men seek death, and shall not find it; and shall desire to die, and death shall flee from them.And the shapes of the locusts were like unto horses prepared unto battle; and on their heads were as it were crowns like gold, and their faces were as the faces of men. And they had hair as the hair of women, and their teeth were as the teeth of lions.

The churches that do cover their hair/ head today show they are not trusting the word of God the same with the uncovered hair of a woman . The faithless Jews are still waiting for the Son of man to come and destroy the gentile nations .The gospel must do its work.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
God could care less whether our hair is covered, not covered or whether we're baby-butt bald..

Mar 28, 2016
God could care less whether our hair is covered, not covered or whether we're baby-butt bald..
Well it is a ceremonial law as a shadow and not something we can judge each other in regard to. But whether or not he cares. That's another issue. He wrote the words for some reason .

7seasrekeyed

God looks on the heart

the law was a physical manifestation to help thick headed humans understand the spiritual application

God is spirit, those who worship Him must worship Him in spirit and in truth

not some made up fantastical return to dead things

NayborBear

Banned Serpent Seed Heresy
Well it is a ceremonial law as a shadow and not something we can judge each other in regard to. But whether or not he cares. That's another issue. He wrote the words for some reason .
I thought you were referring to the "vows of a Nazerite," even though you said vow of a Nazarene. :)

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I haven't had a haircut in months and starting to look like a long-haired freaky looking person. Time to get it thinned out and trimmed. I want to look buff for my honey. I am not looking to make any sort of biblical statement with my hair one way or another. You can represent the unseen glory of God by the way you conduct your life. A lot of that stuff in the OT only pertained to certain individuals or events, especially the hair, lack thereof or whether or not a woman should cover it.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
God doesn't require us to do ceremonies anymore..

Mar 28, 2016
Paul also says there is no such law and not to be contentious about men having long hair as well........ ;)
The length of hair is not the subject matter as if it was some sort of fashion statement to begin with .

If a person gets rid of the hair ordinance one might as well remove the other half and discard the bread and blood of grapes. They both work together as representative glories. Just as men must not cover their hair and woman must cover hers. The only glory to be seen is by faith when men and woman gather together to express that ceremonial law. A sign to the angels that long to look into salvation.

Today the faithless Jew still cover their hair/head which again is a indication that Christ has not come. The covering for the woman and non covering for the men is a picture of the veil covering the entrance to holy place

The Jewish woman are still forbidden from cerebrating the ceremonial laws . So non subject matter to you, but not necessarily non subject matter to our God.

Mar 28, 2016
God doesn't require us to do ceremonies anymore..
Hi I would offer.(sorry in advance for the length).

Ceremonies as shadows that could never make one complete or perfect in Christ are used to represent the gospel as to the suffering of Christ beforehand and the glory that did follow .The first resurrection. It is finished many angels witnessed the tens of thousands of born again saints entered the heavenly city prepared as the bride..

Ceremonies that are designed to convey spiritual truths have and continue to be a requirement that not could actually perform a work. They are shadows of the good eternal things to come and therefore are not something we could judge one another in respect to.

The commandment in respect to the new testament ceremonial law is to keep it by guarding closely as he delivered them, from the mind of God. They cannot make us perfect but can be used to remind us he alone is the perfect one. I would think we represent the unseen glory to the world through the cerinimoinal laws. Or why gather together at all. We are the ones given the responsibility to get the gospel out .If ceremonies are a sign to the angels as messengers of God as those who long to look into salvation (grace and mercy) why would we treat it as if it was just a fashion statement for the times.

1 Corinthians 11 King James Version (KJV) Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ. Now I praise you, brethren, that ye remember me in all things, and keep the ordinances, as I delivered them to you.

Shadows point to toward the unseen eternal they as signs are not the substance.

So then are you saying there nothing required as a ceremony when men and woman gather together to indicate they are Christians and do believe ? No ceremonial laws ? What about baptism? How is that ceremonial law represented and applied to the eternal Kingdom not seen?

I see two ceremonial laws on this side of the reformation. The new one found in 1 Corinthians 11, the hair covering /uncovering. and the Old testament the baptism of desire as to a calling to become a member of the new order of priesthood of believers after the manner of Melchezedek..... Christ our high priest continually without beginning or end .

1 Peter 1 seems to speak on that matter.

It would seem they received the end of the work of faith (Christ's) that worked in them to both will and do the good pleasure of God . They looked ahead by the use of those shadows we look back also receiving the end of our faith, our living hope

Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.1 Peter1:8-11

Many today say men did not have the Holy Spirit of Christ in the old testament.

I would think that manner of time as to the glory that should follow those ceremonial laws is represented in Hebrew 9.

The Holy Ghost this signifying, that the way into the holiest of all was not yet made manifest, while as the first tabernacle was yet standing: Which was a figure for the time then present, in which were offered both gifts and sacrifices, that could not make him that did the service perfect, as pertaining to the conscience; Which stood only in meats and drinks, and divers washings, and carnal ordinances, imposed on them until the time of reformation.Hebrews 9: 8-10

Restoring the government to another time period requires a witness to the world . The wall that separated men and woman (the woman's court )from participating in ceremonies that were used as representative glories it has fallen down making way for the privilege for man and woman to be used together as one representation of the church . Not something to judge one another in regard to but neither something we can hide under a bushel basket . If it is available and a person is moved let it shine.

Mar 28, 2016
I thought you were referring to the "vows of a Nazerite," even though you said vow of a Nazarene. :)
Thanks. I would think a Nazerite would be the resident of the city of Nazarene . The vow as a representative glory had to with hair, woman's or men's, as a peace offering .

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
The length of hair is not the subject matter as if it was some sort of fashion statement to begin with .

If a person gets rid of the hair ordinance one might as well remove the other half and discard the bread and blood of grapes. They both work together as representative glories. Just as men must not cover their hair and woman must cover hers. The only glory to be seen is by faith when men and woman gather together to express that ceremonial law. A sign to the angels that long to look into salvation.

Today the faithless Jew still cover their hair/head which again is a indication that Christ has not come. The covering for the woman and non covering for the men is a picture of the veil covering the entrance to holy place

The Jewish woman are still forbidden from cerebrating the ceremonial laws . So non subject matter to you, but not necessarily non subject matter to our God.
I believe that the 10 Commandments still exist but as far as OT rules and ordinances are concerned, they served the purpose for those that they were intended for at that time. There were over 600 ordinances that Moses gave as instruction, most, if not all, were given by God as a means to show that the ordinances in themselves have no bearing on one's salvation, that they couldn't possibly keep up or even follow, and that the people should put their faith and trust in God and not in trying to be righteous by being a zealot for the law. Paul, in the NT, learned this the hard way on the road to Damascus as he was blinded by the light.

Mar 28, 2016
God looks on the heart

the law was a physical manifestation to help thick headed humans understand the spiritual application

God is spirit, those who worship Him must worship Him in spirit and in truth

not some made up fantastical return to dead things
I find it interesting that God would use dead things to represent certain principles. Like this hair issue . Hair and nails do seem to be used as representations of the unseen glory of God. as new creatures that have passed from death to life. It is a ceremonial law as a requirement when a person desired to marry from another nation .preserving the spiritual seed (Christ) not being yoked with other nations .She is also to remove raiment of her captivity as if they were grave clothes. Now being clothed with the righteousness of Christ.

Deuteronomy 21:11-13 King James Version (KJV) And seest among the captives a beautiful woman, and hast a desire unto her, that thou wouldest have her to thy wife;Then thou shalt bring her home to thine house, and she shall shave her head, and pare her nails;
And she shall put the raiment of her captivity from off her, and shall remain in thine house, and bewail her father and her mother a full month: and after that thou shalt go in unto her, and be her husband, and she shall be thy wife.

Both hair and nails produce a dead witness to that which once lived. used in DNA today .

Death to life. You could say just as the disease of leprosy is used no sensitivity to pain dead in ones trespasses and sin, a corrupted spirit that cannot respond the Spirit of Christ. Moses used it as a sign to those who refuse to beleive the word of God prophecy . God uses hand to represent his will in the parable.

And the Lord said furthermore unto him, Put now thine hand into thy bosom. And he put his hand into his bosom: and when he took it out, behold, his hand was leprous as snow. And he said, Put thine hand into thy bosom again. And he put his hand into his bosom again; and plucked it out of his bosom, and, behold, it was turned again as his other flesh.And it shall come to pass, if they will not believe thee, neither hearken to the voice of the first sign, that they will believe the voice of the latter sign.Exodus 4:6-8

Mar 28, 2016
I believe that the 10 Commandments still exist but as far as OT rules and ordinances are concerned, they served the purpose for those that they were intended for at that time. There were over 600 ordinances that Moses gave as instruction, most, if not all, were given by God as a means to show that the ordinances in themselves have no bearing on one's salvation, that they couldn't possibly keep up or even follow, and that the people should put their faith and trust in God and not in trying to be righteous by being a zealot for the law. Paul, in the NT, learned this the hard way on the road to Damascus as he was blinded by the light.

I would agree but the zealousy Paul did have was not in respect to the ceremonial laws. They are not something we could judge ourselves I regard to. And God is subject to His laws whether they are moral or ceremonial.

Paul's jealousy was more in regard to a law of the fathers developing their own laws as oral traditions of men making the traditions of God without effect.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Hi I would offer.(sorry in advance for the length).

Ceremonies as shadows that could never make one complete or perfect in Christ are used to represent the gospel as to the suffering of Christ beforehand and the glory that did follow .The first resurrection. It is finished many angels witnessed the tens of thousands of born again saints entered the heavenly city prepared as the bride..

Ceremonies that are designed to convey spiritual truths have and continue to be a requirement that not could actually perform a work. They are shadows of the good eternal things to come and therefore are not something we could judge one another in respect to.

The commandment in respect to the new testament ceremonial law is to keep it by guarding closely as he delivered them, from the mind of God. They cannot make us perfect but can be used to remind us he alone is the perfect one. I would think we represent the unseen glory to the world through the cerinimoinal laws. Or why gather together at all. We are the ones given the responsibility to get the gospel out .If ceremonies are a sign to the angels as messengers of God as those who long to look into salvation (grace and mercy) why would we treat it as if it was just a fashion statement for the times.

1 Corinthians 11 King James Version (KJV) Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ. Now I praise you, brethren, that ye remember me in all things, and keep the ordinances, as I delivered them to you.

Shadows point to toward the unseen eternal they as signs are not the substance.

So then are you saying there nothing required as a ceremony when men and woman gather together to indicate they are Christians and do believe ? No ceremonial laws ? What about baptism? How is that ceremonial law represented and applied to the eternal Kingdom not seen?

I see two ceremonial laws on this side of the reformation. The new one found in 1 Corinthians 11, the hair covering /uncovering. and the Old testament the baptism of desire as to a calling to become a member of the new order of priesthood of believers after the manner of Melchezedek..... Christ our high priest continually without beginning or end .

1 Peter 1 seems to speak on that matter.

It would seem they received the end of the work of faith (Christ's) that worked in them to both will and do the good pleasure of God . They looked ahead by the use of those shadows we look back also receiving the end of our faith, our living hope

Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.1 Peter1:8-11

Many today say men did not have the Holy Spirit of Christ in the old testament.

I would think that manner of time as to the glory that should follow those ceremonial laws is represented in Hebrew 9.

The Holy Ghost this signifying, that the way into the holiest of all was not yet made manifest, while as the first tabernacle was yet standing: Which was a figure for the time then present, in which were offered both gifts and sacrifices, that could not make him that did the service perfect, as pertaining to the conscience; Which stood only in meats and drinks, and divers washings, and carnal ordinances, imposed on them until the time of reformation.Hebrews 9: 8-10

Restoring the government to another time period requires a witness to the world . The wall that separated men and woman (the woman's court )from participating in ceremonies that were used as representative glories it has fallen down making way for the privilege for man and woman to be used together as one representation of the church . Not something to judge one another in regard to but neither something we can hide under a bushel basket . If it is available and a person is moved let it shine.
I mean ceremonies such as keeping our hair and body covered at all times, or keep it a certain length. God doesn't care what our hair length is or if we even HAVE hair. He also doesn't care what we eat, since He has decreed it all fit to eat. He doesn't care what we wear, or whether we walk around butt nekkid like we're originally supposed to.

The only law we're under is the MORAL LAW.

Mar 28, 2016
I mean ceremonies such as keeping our hair and body covered at all times, or keep it a certain length. God doesn't care what our hair length is or if we even HAVE hair. He also doesn't care what we eat, since He has decreed it all fit to eat. He doesn't care what we wear, or whether we walk around butt nekkid like we're originally supposed to.

The only law we're under is the MORAL LAW.
Length of hair is not the issue when gathering together as a representative glory . Hair to represent the witness of death to life as a representative glory is the subject matter.

And running around _ _ _ nekkid as a demonstration to show one is not clothed with the righteousness of Christ would not be the good witness to the world.

Dec 12, 2013

So what...has nothing to to with my biblical reference and what Paul said about men with long hair.....