cerimonial hair

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Mar 28, 2016
So what...has nothing to to with my biblical reference and what Paul said about men with long hair.....
The issue is not length of hair but as a ceremonial law whether to "cover or uncover" . Cover the representative glory or not to cover it . Men previously were to cover it . Woman previously having no be part of the ceremony demonstrations to the world. Therefore the new restored order because the time of reformation had come. .Jew and gentile, male and female working together as one representative glory of the bride or church .

Dec 12, 2013
The issue is not length of hair but whether to "cover or uncover" . Cover the representative glory or not to cover it . Men previously were to cover it . Woman previously having no be part of the demonstrations to the world. Therefore the new restored order because the time of reformation had come. .Jew and gentile, male and female working together as one representative glory of the bride or church .
I do not care....I made a valid statement....I was not addressing the issue at hand....

NayborBear

Banned Serpent Seed Heresy
God doesn't require us to do ceremonies anymore..
Wouldn't it be a nice "ceremonial jester", to Him, who gave us the "gift of the Holy Spirit", in one's offering up to God, the "first fruits" of the "Fruit of theSpirit?" Like when praying, just ask Him to take any first fruits that are ready?

Mar 28, 2016
So what...has nothing to to with my biblical reference and what Paul said about men with long hair.....
I would offer the subject matter is "representative glory" throughout the whole chapter is to cover it or to uncover it. The subject matter does not change in regard to the statement... "Judge in yourselves: is it comely that a woman pray unto God uncovered." Still in reference to covering or uncovering glory. Saying even look to the customs of the world that the heathen who had no direct revelation did (by regarding long hair as a woman’s glory) “by nature” the things contained in the cerinimoinal Law. They see it as a glory .

The Nazarene vow could be of either a woman or a man . Paul was under the temporal vow, some say Jesus had also taken the vow. It was not a shame that his hair was long. Again length has nothing to do with it. Whether it is covered or unconverted it remains the purpose. Mans hair is not given as a glory. His uncovered hair/head is his own representative glory .Together as one to represent one bride of Christ the church. Its something that has all been but lost in exchange for.... oh well fashions come and fashions go.

Judge in yourselves: is it comely that a woman pray unto God uncovered? Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him? But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her: for her hair is given her for a covering. 1 Corithgians 11:13 to 15

Didymous

Feb 22, 2018
I haird what all said hair. It grew on me!

NayborBear

Banned Serpent Seed Heresy
Wouldn't it be a nice "ceremonial jester", to Him, who gave us the "gift of the Holy Spirit", in one's offering up to God, the "first fruits" of the "Fruit of theSpirit?" Like when praying, just ask Him to take any first fruits that are ready?
Have to apologize for my spelling of the word gesture! T'was thinking about it, and it just didn't "sound" correct! To which I meant no offense or satire to God!

Jester....Gesture! Good grief!
FACE PALM.GIF

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Genesis 27:11
And Jacob said to Rebekah his mother, "Behold, Esau my brother is a hairy man, and I am a smooth man".

And so concludes my exhaustive biblical study on ceremonial hair.

Didymous

Feb 22, 2018
And Jacob said to Rebekah his mother, "Behold, Esau my brother is a hairy man, and I am a smooth man".

Well said, my friend! One of the best, and most comprehensive studies I've seen on this matter all day! :cool:

Mar 28, 2016

It is quite interesting why God does use dead things (hair and nails) glamor items in ceremonial laws .As a burnt peace offering with the Nazarene, male and female vow ? That is one function. It is like why did he not recognize the voice or the smell of Jacob ? Esau had already sold his birth rite seeing no value in the things not seen.(no faith)

Who gave his Rebekah the idea that by faith which did work in her she carried out the good pleasure of the will of God that lived in her..? It was a glorious moment when the faith of Christ that worked in Rebekah blessed the seed of Christ, to second born. Jacob as in Adam all die and in the Son of God, all live forever. . It would seem that parable uses hair to represent that glorious moment.

Woman's hair is given to her as her own glorious representative as a sign to the angels . She herself is used as the representative glory of man .God did not leaver her without one as act of humility it was designed to be covered ,when gathering together as one body for the length of the ceremony. .