Cessationism and Continuationism

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
K

kaylagrl

This where I take issue with word of faith movement as it is today. The notion that people don’t experience these things is because of a lack of faith. That’s an utter fallacy. God chooses whom He will give credence to and whom He will not. This has nothing to do with our own ability or willingness.

No one was talking about Word of Faith. It's not a lack of faith either. If you don't believe in something, you won't seek it. Simple.

Aerials1978

Dec 10, 2019
No one was talking about Word of Faith. It's not a lack of faith either. If you don't believe in something, you won't seek it. Simple.
I believed God would save my first marriage. He didn’t. My grandmother believed God would cure her of cancer. He didn’t. We cannot bring certain things into existence simply because we believe it to be so. That’s what a lot of word of faith is today. Simply think it and it will be yours.

Do I believe the living God can do everything I ask? Yes. Do I believe that He will do everything that I ask? No. Again, my position is not to discount specific gifts of the Spirit. My position is that it does not occur like it did during the Apostolic age.

JTB

Aug 31, 2021
I believed God would save my first marriage. He didn’t. My grandmother believed God would cure her of cancer. He didn’t. We cannot bring certain things into existence simply because we believe it to be so. That’s what a lot of word of faith is today. Simply think it and it will be yours.

Do I believe the living God can do everything I ask? Yes. Do I believe that He will do everything that I ask? No. Again, my position is not to discount specific gifts of the Spirit. My position is that it does not occur like it did during the Apostolic age.
If people would stop fostering and spreading doubt, it just might.

And not everyone was healed et al during the apostolic age. It's a good thing the apostles didn't take that as a sign to stop.

wattie

Feb 24, 2009
New Zealand

Yeah, like in other threads I've posted in, what many call tongues and prophecy now, is very different to what is in the New Testament exhibited by the Apostles.

Tongues is often gibberish and not a known language. Prophecy is often akin to fortune telling.. all about future prediction in some one's life rather than directly linked to scripture.

And never mind the guidelines laid down by Paul in how they should be conducted in 1co 12-14.

The church at Corinth isn't a church to be replicating, doing things the same way. They were mixing their pagan ways into things.

Dec 29, 2021

Before my 400+ Acre Fire the Neighbor started:

After the Fire from Police Investigation Drone Picture:

LOOK HOW CLOSE the Black/Fire Damage is in relationship to my Home and Buildings:

Police Reports and Fire Departments reports the FIRE was literally 6 [SIX] inches from my Home and Buildings and they cannot understand how a fire that Roared through like a great wall {picture}

could get Up to the Home and Buildings and Suddenly change its mind and not burn the Home and Buildings?

When Police ask, do you believe in God, because this is a miracle of God like we have never seen before. GOD not only works Today, but He does it GREATER than what we read in the Bible today and on a much Grandeur Scale for hundreds of Witnesses to See the Power of God!

Dec 29, 2021
I was between that Fire Wall and my Home and I was Screaming at that Fire, I Rebuke You in the Name of Yeshua, and it stopped burning towards my home and went All Around my Home and buildings!

You Doubters clearly do not Know God, or God would be revealing Himself to You in this type of way!

Aerials1978

Dec 10, 2019
Before my 400+ Acre Fire the Neighbor started:

After the Fire from Police Investigation Drone Picture:

LOOK HOW CLOSE the Black/Fire Damage is in relationship to my Home and Buildings:

Police Reports and Fire Departments reports the FIRE was literally 6 [SIX] inches from my Home and Buildings and they cannot understand how a fire that Roared through like a great wall {picture}

could get Up to the Home and Buildings and Suddenly change its mind and not burn the Home and Buildings?

When Police ask, do you believe in God, because this is a miracle of God like we have never seen before. GOD not only works Today, but He does it GREATER than what we read in the Bible today and on a much Grandeur Scale for hundreds of Witnesses to See the Power of God!
Where you in the Marshall fire ? I’m only asking because I live Colorado and not too far from Superior and Louisville. That was quite unbelievable to see.

Dec 29, 2021
Where you in the Marshall fire ? I’m only asking because I live Colorado and not too far from Superior and Louisville. That was quite unbelievable to see.
I was in the Fire 3 weeks before that.

Grass fire in northern Larimer County now fully contained
Fewer than 10 homes were evacuated due to the fire, according to Poudre Fire Authority.

Volume 90%

Author: Angela Case (KUSA)
Published: 4:23 PM MST December 12, 2021

LARIMER COUNTY, Colo. — Fewer than 10 homes in northern Larimer County were evacuated due to a grass fire Sunday afternoon, Poudre Fire Authority said.
The fire burned near the intersection of West County Road 78 and North County Road 17. That's about six miles west of Interstate 25 and 13 miles south of the Wyoming border.

The fire was fully contained by 8:30 p.m. Sunday. No injuries were reported.

The residents of the evacuated homes were notified on an individual basis, Poudre Fire Authority said. The evacuation orders have now been lifted.

Annie Bierbower with Poudre Fire Authority said they usually have a few grass fires this time of year, but rarely one so intense.
"I would say that it is unique to have one this large,"
she said. "I think the dryness of the weather that we're seeing, combined with the wind factor, really contributed to the quick growth of this fire. It's not entirely unusual to have grass fires in December, though. We do usually have a couple of few grass fires in the area this time of year."

Poudre Fire Authority, Wellington Fire Protection District, Larimer County Sheriff's Office and Larimer County wildland firefighters responded to the fire.
Crews remain on the scene Sunday night to monitor the fire and put out any hot spots.
Investigators are working to determine the cause of the fire.

Dec 29, 2021
My favorite portion of the article:

Annie Bierbower with Poudre Fire Authority said they usually have a few grass fires this time of year, but rarely one so intense.
she said.

Dec 29, 2021
The intensity was incredible. One person had a heart attack and few others suffered smoke inhalation damage. I was in the middle of that fire. It was so black, so hot, you could feel it on your skin and in your eyes. I was crawling around on my hands and knees. I was praying in Tongues. And you would be amazed at the accounts of those who helped fight the fire on different areas of my property who said, I think an Angel helped. But I know one did because it was just him and myself letting my animals free, and I was praying and he said to me, that is a strong prayer. And when the fire was gone, I looked back to thank him, he just vanished like he was never there. And the others who encountered the Angel all said same thing. They went to thank him but when they turned to do so, he had just vanished in the middle of open land that you can see for miles and he just vanished.

Dec 29, 2021
On my kitchen wall, we made it into a chalkboard with the entire outline of the property. If i can get this picture to upload, you can see the lower, side, upper fields are now just brunt to crisp.

Dec 29, 2021
See how wide open it is?

How can a person just Vanish within 10 seconds? They could not run fast enough to get out of eyesight, but the man just Vanished. Angel of God, and I am thankful for the other witnesses!

Aerials1978

Dec 10, 2019
I was in the Fire 3 weeks before that.

Fewer than 10 homes were evacuated due to the fire, according to Poudre Fire Authority.

Volume 90%

Author: Angela Case (KUSA)
Published: 4:23 PM MST December 12, 2021

LARIMER COUNTY, Colo. — Fewer than 10 homes in northern Larimer County were evacuated due to a grass fire Sunday afternoon, Poudre Fire Authority said.
The fire burned near the intersection of West County Road 78 and North County Road 17. That's about six miles west of Interstate 25 and 13 miles south of the Wyoming border.

The fire was fully contained by 8:30 p.m. Sunday. No injuries were reported.

The residents of the evacuated homes were notified on an individual basis, Poudre Fire Authority said. The evacuation orders have now been lifted.

she said. "I think the dryness of the weather that we're seeing, combined with the wind factor, really contributed to the quick growth of this fire. It's not entirely unusual to have grass fires in December, though. We do usually have a couple of few grass fires in the area this time of year."

Poudre Fire Authority, Wellington Fire Protection District, Larimer County Sheriff's Office and Larimer County wildland firefighters responded to the fire.
Crews remain on the scene Sunday night to monitor the fire and put out any hot spots.
Investigators are working to determine the cause of the fire.
Glad to see that none of your property was damaged. God certainly intervenes for His people. I don’t know what happened to this state. I don’t even recognize it anymore. Lived here my whole life and literally feel like a stranger in a strange land.

Dec 29, 2021
Glad to see that none of your property was damaged. God certainly intervenes for His people. I don’t know what happened to this state. I don’t even recognize it anymore. Lived here my whole life and literally feel like a stranger in a strange land.
Thank You!

I am a transplant here, 10 years now, and immediately dealt with local issues right off the back. It's an interesting State because I hear the term it is a Purple State, not Red or Blue. But they elected a homosexual Governor, and ever since, Covid has destroyed Colorado and Colorado on average per State to State, is getting killed with Covid, these Fires, and the weather has flip flopped with normal seasons no longer being normal.

The biggest Town near me is Fort Collins and Californians have swarmed here in droves. I asked, why you move? Politics and cost of living. I say, Politics, you are the Reason we have a Homosexual Governor! They are proud of voting that moron in. God surely is not pleased and Colorado is getting slammed now!

wattie

Feb 24, 2009
New Zealand
And let's not forget what scripture says about those who attribute acts of the Holy Spirit to demons.

That's what makes this subject particularly dangerous.
Well it was the Pharisees and scribes who were doing the blasphemy. Rejecting Jesus outright, never believed in Him to begin with.

Dec 29, 2021
Well it was the Pharisees and scribes who were doing the blasphemy. Rejecting Jesus outright, never believed in Him to begin with.
We are aloud to call the Father, Christ names, but the moment we turn on the Holy Spirit and claim equal to Satan, we suddenly commit a Sin that is Blaspheme against the Holy Spirit and it is unforgivable. So rejection of Christ can be forgiven, but Blaspheming the Holy Spirit is Never forgivable.

YOU need to read the Bible about Blaspheme, because the Gifts come from that Same Holy Spirit and calling the Holy Spirit's Gifts of Demons is Blaspheming the Holy Spirit, WHICH IS UNFORGIVABLE!

May 22, 2020
Jesus said, the Works of Those Who Believe, will be Greater than His Own because He goes back to the Father.

Today, it is Evident, those Works are Greater than they were 2,000 years ago!

WOW....i am confident you are alone in that thought. (Christ was referring that He would no longer be here to do works).
Help me. Give us an example.

Dec 29, 2021
WOW....i am confident you are alone in that thought. (Christ was referring that He would no longer be here to do works).
Help me. Give us an example.
What's to explain? The longer we are on Earth, we have the opportunity to allow God to work through us and allow greater things to happen. if it was not so, Christ would not say so!