Change your username

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Ruby123

Mar 1, 2019
My wife and I dined at Ruby Tuesdays a couple days ago but didn't see little Ruby scurrying around though.
Merry Christmas to you Tourist and Jesus Lives.
We dont have that restaurant here. We do have a shoe chain store called Ruby's and Magenta mentioned there is a coffee and cafe called Ruby's over there.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I think it's kind of nice to take the man's surname. Over here you have a choice.
I believe that it is a sign of commitment and an honor that the wife gives to her husband by willingly accepting and taking his last name.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Merry Christmas to you Tourist and Jesus Lives.
We dont have that restaurant here. We do have a shoe chain store called Ruby's and Magenta mentioned there is a coffee and cafe called Ruby's over there.
Merry Christmas to you too Ruby and your little cat named Ruby.

Solemateleft

Honor, Courage, Commitment
Jun 25, 2017
I can certainly relate...
When I joined I signed up with a username that suited my situation during that phase in my life (transition)...

So now that we know the answer and the couple/few options and associated consequences...

Here is a fun twist... maybe for another thread... After looking at the OP Title with a different context...

Directive: "Change your username!"...
Friendly request: "Just a thought - maybe you should Change your username?"...
Group Consensus: We've concluded that it's time we collectively "Change your username :)"...

We all had the opportunity to create our own 'Usernames'... What if we didn't? What if others got to decide other members usernames for them?
In the military it is not unusual (particularly for aviators) to be given 'Call-Signs' from their fellow aviators...

Merry Christmas... :)

Ruby123

Mar 1, 2019
When I joined I signed up with a username that suited my situation during that phase in my life (transition)...

So now that we know the answer and the couple/few options and associated consequences...

Here is a fun twist... maybe for another thread... After looking at the OP Title with a different context...

Group Consensus: We've concluded that it's time we collectively "Change your username :)"...

We all had the opportunity to create our own 'Usernames'... What if we didn't? What if others got to decide other members usernames for them?
In the military it is not unusual (particularly for aviators) to be given 'Call-Signs' from their fellow aviators...

Actually that is a good idea for a new thread although we may not like the suggestions others give us for a new user name lol.
Merry Christmas Solemate.

GiveThanks

God Will Make A Way
Dec 6, 2020
Why don't you like Kim82? I think it's nice.
I wanted to change to something meaningful....and i dont know why, but i just got bored with that name😴.
I have wanted to change around my user name too, I just didn't know what to put at the time of signing up. Now I would put something different.
I'm not sure. Ruby is not my real name, it was my cats name lol. I just don't like the 123 part after it but Ruby had already been taken and I kind of got stuck as to what to put so I just went with that.
This is exactly the case with me as well.

Ruby123

Mar 1, 2019
I wanted to change to something meaningful....and i dont know why, but i just got bored with that name😴.

This is exactly the case with me as well.
You did it, you changed your username. I recognise the picture. Anyway I like both your previous and new user name (y)

GiveThanks

God Will Make A Way
Dec 6, 2020
Interestingly ive had the same profile pic since i joined awhile back, but i still like it, so ill keep it for now. I like head wraps, and i think it will come a time when i will learn how to tie one properly, and i'll just wrap my head everytime i leave the house, and not think about if i need to comb my hair or if it looks good.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee

I will keep my user name but want to wish you and those that you love a Merry Christmas.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Interestingly ive had the same profile pic since i joined awhile back, but i still like it, so ill keep it for now. I like head wraps, and i think it will come a time when i will learn how to tie one properly, and i'll just wrap my head everytime i leave the house, and not think about if i need to comb my hair or if it looks good.
Merry Christmas Kim. :)

Solemateleft

Honor, Courage, Commitment
Jun 25, 2017
Actually that is a good idea for a new thread although we may not like the suggestions others give us for a new user name lol.
Merry Christmas Solemate.
Merry Christmas Ruby.... :)

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
I'd report the same person using multiple accounts to echo or attempt to skirt a ban a "main" by posting incendiary content on the "alt"

but otherwise, if you are in a different season in your life or want a new message sent for those who read your posts, I don't see why you can't just make a new one and log in to the old one when you want to browse.

You could also make a new account and change your header (new member, member, WKM, JM, SM) and put Kim82?

@Kim82 if you wanted so people know it's you or put a signature or something?

Unless ofc there is a rule for creating multiple accounts. I considered that for using the voice chat because it sounds like people get banned easily there but haven't received clarification on whether you can or not.

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
I'd report the same person using multiple accounts to echo or attempt to skirt a ban a "main" by posting incendiary content on the "alt"

but otherwise, if you are in a different season in your life or want a new message sent for those who read your posts, I don't see why you can't just make a new one and log in to the old one when you want to browse.

You could also make a new account and change your header (new member, member, WKM, JM, SM) and put Kim82?

@Kim82 if you wanted so people know it's you or put a signature or something?

Unless ofc there is a rule for creating multiple accounts. I considered that for using the voice chat because it sounds like people get banned easily there but haven't received clarification on whether you can or not.
There are rules against having more than one name. Chat room bans only apply to chat rooms, it has zero effect on the forums.

Moses_Young

Sep 15, 2019
Oh! I didn't read your username, and it took me reading several of your posts for me to realise that you are not Kim82! :) Welcome, GiveThanks. :)