Changing Racist Fish Names

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Billyd

May 8, 2014
Ever thought about racist fish names. I haven't.

Worries over racism inspire push to rename fish

The article also discusses changing the names of fish to make them more desirable as food fish, and has a list of invasive fish species and how they were introduced into our lakes and streams.

Gideon300

Mar 18, 2021
Ever thought about racist fish names. I haven't.

Worries over racism inspire push to rename fish

The article also discusses changing the names of fish to make them more desirable as food fish, and has a list of invasive fish species and how they were introduced into our lakes and streams.
The world is ofishially insane. We are seeing the start of time that Paul spoke of, 2 Thessalonians 2:9-11

…The coming of the lawless one will be accompanied by the working of Satan, with every kind of power, sign, and false wonder, and with every wicked deception directed against those who are perishing, because they refused the love of the truth that would have saved them. For this reason God will send them a powerful delusion so that they believe the lie,…

There is nothing wrong with wanting to deal with invasive species, but racism? Spare me.

Icedaisey

Jul 19, 2021
Goodness we're really getting silly now.
Asian carp are so named because their place of origin is Asia.

Jul 9, 2020
Just cause they eat carp in China doesn't make it okay to rename them to deceptively feed to us in the USA. They eat dogs over there too. Are they gonna start renaming our dogs to get us to eat them? "Welcome to ChinaWok. Try some tasty bow-wow-cow?" Anyone that eats carp is just a little weird, but if you eat a dog, unless you're literally dying of hunger, you're totally dead to me. Obama.

Jul 9, 2020
No. I'm not talking about hotdogs. Obama wrote about eating dog meat in Indonesia. Apparently it's not just in China where they eat man's best friend. Nothing good comes from allowing dog eaters into your neighborhood or into the Presidency. Disgusting, dog eating Obama.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
No. I'm not talking about hotdogs. Obama wrote about eating dog meat in Indonesia. Apparently it's not just in China where they eat man's best friend. Nothing good comes from allowing dog eaters into your neighborhood or into the Presidency. Disgusting, dog eating Obama.
I just thought it was amusing to edit your post to Obama and then reply with Trump. I have no idea what this thread is about or how it relates to China.

I'm not emotionally attached to the little John Denver ditty either - posted for purpose of amusement.

"I'm sorry for the way things are in China.
I'm sorry things ain't what they used to be..."

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Filet O'Fish is Irish Catholic
Ika is Maori
Yu is Chinese
Poisson is French
Fesh is Australian
Fush is New Zealand

so different people have different names for fish, so what.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Just cause they eat carp in China doesn't make it okay to rename them to deceptively feed to us in the USA. They eat dogs over there too. Are they gonna start renaming our dogs to get us to eat them? "Welcome to ChinaWok. Try some tasty bow-wow-cow?" Anyone that eats carp is just a little weird, but if you eat a dog, unless you're literally dying of hunger, you're totally dead to me. Obama.
Many peoples have eaten dog and cat. Native Americans ate dogs and mules and horses. The French eat horses.
Vietnamese eat fried chicken feet sprinkled with powdered sugar. People here in the US eat pig intestines and other parts commonly called "mountain oysters."

Native peoples in the Artic Regions eat ALL of the meat and fat that comes from seals, and other species as well.

Lots of peoples eat lots of things we consider weird.........

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
Oh, I thought they were going to change the name of Whiting.

Gideon300

Mar 18, 2021
What's next? Renaming catfish because it's an offence to dogs? What would you call them?

Gideon300

Mar 18, 2021
If fish has scales, it is acceptable under the OT law. Such restrictions no longer apply. I eat shark once a week. It's called flake here to avoid the implications that come with shark. They have to be small, so no, I won't be eating an unfortunate surfer.

We have invasive European carp in Australia. It tastes lousy so it won't fly as human food. It's been used as fertiliser and pet food, but there is far more fish than the market can handle. You may or may not know, Goldfish are a carp variety.