Chat app?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Zzeberiah

Sep 17, 2022
Chat app link to download is broke.

I was wondering if someone could update the link.

It looks like it is 4 years old.

Thank you! 🙂

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
Chat app link to download is broke.

I was wondering if someone could update the link.

It looks like it is 4 years old.

Thank you! 🙂

The link doesn't work because Google Play Store dropped our app.

Mem

Sep 23, 2014
We need a save the chatapp telethon, to help fund an update to windows 10 and beyond... js. It's the season of firstfruit since Yom Kippur is approaching anyway so... or we'll have to start excepting sponsors... and the constant adds that go with that, ugh, a headache emoji would be useful then:rolleyes: but golly, with over 70k members, and everyone giving just $25, we could collect almost 2 million to getr done!

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
We need a save the chatapp telethon, to help fund an update to windows 10 and beyond... js. It's the season of firstfruit since Yom Kippur is approaching anyway so... or we'll have to start excepting sponsors... and the constant adds that go with that, ugh, a headache emoji would be useful then:rolleyes: but golly, with over 70k members, and everyone giving just $25, we could collect almost 2 million to getr done!
Ads, not adds, were already tried and had to be finished as there was no way to control what ads popped up, thus offensive ads were showing. That's why there are no ads now.

Accepting, not excepting, sponsors is just another way of saying ads. Can't imagine anyone willing to spend enough money to keep the chats up just to advertise. In fact various options were tried and/or considered and the current donation system seemed most feasible.

70,000 members, most of which are inactive, thus not going to be donating.
Not to mention not everyone uses the chat app, therefore they're likely not too concerned with saving it. Take away those that maybe can't afford $25, put all the above mentioned together and that 2 million shrinks real fast.

2 million dollars for one person to update a chat app that already exists? That seems excessive anyways.

It's not even been stated that the issue is financial, nowhere that I've seen.

Mem

Sep 23, 2014
Ads, not adds, were already tried and had to be finished as there was no way to control what ads popped up, thus offensive ads were showing. That's why there are no ads now.

Accepting, not excepting, sponsors is just another way of saying ads. Can't imagine anyone willing to spend enough money to keep the chats up just to advertise. In fact various options were tried and/or considered and the current donation system seemed most feasible.

70,000 members, most of which are inactive, thus not going to be donating.
Not to mention not everyone uses the chat app, therefore they're likely not too concerned with saving it. Take away those that maybe can't afford $25, put all the above mentioned together and that 2 million shrinks real fast.

2 million dollars for one person to update a chat app that already exists? That seems excessive anyways.

It's not even been stated that the issue is financial, nowhere that I've seen.
Thank you, I didn't realize I double deed the ads and I also didn't notice I wasn't accepting them. I wish I had a million dollars to spare, just so I could rule out the question if it were financial. It may only be that it is very time consuming and so all we have to do is wait, for something or other. Anyway, I was just shooting for the stars using silver iodide with the telethon suggestion, hoping to hit the clouds and make it rain. You know, cloud seeding :sneaky:

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Thank you, I didn't realize I double deed the ads and I also didn't notice I wasn't accepting them. I wish I had a million dollars to spare, just so I could rule out the question if it were financial. It may only be that it is very time consuming and so all we have to do is wait, for something or other. Anyway, I was just shooting for the stars using silver iodide with the telethon suggestion, hoping to hit the clouds and make it rain. You know, cloud seeding :sneaky:

David Gates - Clouds Suite :)