Chat system failed. Restore it.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 28, 2016
well, you are holding something very rich in your arms -
and as you have said, God knows your heart -

For the fruit of The Spirit is in all Goodness, and Righteousness, and Truth...
GBY and yours...

Jul 20, 2017
If my voice carried any sway...... from this one post, I certainly would not object to you being banned.
Why so Willie? I should be banned for suggesting a better system to improve the chat for everybody? In a forum placed for these exact suggestions? I think you made a perfect example of my point that the 1 cast, 3 vote system does not work. I am not trashing the site, Im working to help it. I think Robo has made brilliant ideas in the passed to try to save us all from this situation. Coming up with your own form of government is not easy, even nations struggle.

Jul 20, 2017
Its my firm belief that the moderators are just in there bannings. I dont think they ban with out a good reason. You get banned for making poor decisions as you should be
If you read carefully I was implying that the real mods have done a good job keeping peace. Its when power is placed in the hands of everybody that it is misused.

S

Stranger36147

Why so Willie? I should be banned for suggesting a better system to improve the chat for everybody? In a forum placed for these exact suggestions? I think you made a perfect example of my point that the 1 cast, 3 vote system does not work. I am not trashing the site, Im working to help it. I think Robo has made brilliant ideas in the passed to try to save us all from this situation. Coming up with your own form of government is not easy, even nations struggle.
Willie-T has been banned from Christian Chat so he won't be responding to you.

Jul 20, 2017
I don't like the chat rooms. But here in the forums, I find that the 1 or 2 mods who do come in here are fairly lenient. Or maybe "patient" is a better word.. lol
I came from chat, glad to be banned besides missing a friend, because I found the forums. It seems the hectic spirit can not conquer the truth so easily as much as chat because what is said is thought out more, and there is time to respond. The forums are also full of kind comments and deeper wisdom. I enjoy it after work.

Jul 20, 2017
The people that do the banning should be banned. Of course, if that happened the chat room would be empty. Probably a good thing.
I think I made this thread because theres a place in my heart for this place. The more you care about something the more you start to fight it.

Jul 20, 2017
I just looked at chat. They turned the BS room into marshill.
Strange.
Tommy you are a stand up guy. I kinda feel like you should be my singles wing man of CC. lol. If you are ever in Texas swing by, rounds on me.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
The current chat system does not work. This is why it is overwhelmed with negativity and has a poor reputation. The site has learned in the passed it seems that allowing financial supporters moderation duty will not work. Yet it still has not transgressed a pirate democracy. I think currently the biggest problem is that any three users can team up and ban someone from all chat rooms. This causes an override in corruption and makes all and any rules obsolete. I have been banned many times for simply having a different opinion, I have been banned for having a different denomination than another, I have seen others come in and just say "Hello" and get banned in the heat of the crossfire, And now I am banned by 3 people I have never met simply because I am new and they misunderstood a statement about my own beliefs. Any belief, even not believers or any faiths are supposed to be allowed here. Not that I care enough to try to fix it again, I only enjoyed talked to one or two people really. But what happened is the people everybody here complains about, those who sit home all day in some pure rage and sit online and insult people all day and make problems, these lost personality types are being the one put in charge when you allow corruption of a system to be done so easily. I advice not allowing any members to decide the fate of other members. If all faiths and opinions and creeds of people are welcome, there would be no reason to. The truly selected moderators always did a good job knowing the difference from somebody just angry cause they are psychopaths and somebody else has another opinion, or somebody actually making problems which is very rare. I find even the trolls are just trolls trying to avoid all the conflict, and people screaming are just offended. The true problem though is the moderators never enforced one rule, respect. If that happened all the people ruining it for everybody else would be banned instead of the people they are jealous of.
I don't know where you got that idea...

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I think I made this thread because theres a place in my heart for this place. The more you care about something the more you start to fight it.
I really not a bad way of looking at it. The things in your heart are definitely worth fighting for.

Jul 20, 2017
OP talks like a seasoned user, but he's not been around that long.
But the issue he misses, and if he were as seasoned as he pretends he would know this, is that mods are unpaid volunteers and they only log on during their personal free time. This created a void in chats, particularly over night, where mods may not be on for hours. This gave free reign to any disruptors to go hours on end with nothing to stop them.

Also the chats are not "broken" they are new. And as with all new things it takes time to work the kinks out. The old chat site was more closely connected to the actually site itself. The new chats are separate from the site, just sharing accounts. Who knows what new challenges that presented. Changing formats like that.

We hear your side of the story, where you naturally show yourself as an innocent victim. Maybe you are. Maybe you deserved the bans. We don't know. But most users banned from this site by mods all felt they were victims as well.

It seems this post is nothing more than a pity cry and an attempt to elicit ill will towards the site. So far this is the only complaint I can recall if unfair bans.
I actually had another name. Robo helped me get another. But I still did not come very much due to being so busy.
I was not insinuating that mods are directly paying to be mods, just kinda being rough to make my point. Large supporters are naturally more trusted and well lets face it, they are needed to run the site. Not all are just handed over the duty but they would be much more inclined to get it if they wanted it considering they essentially are the site. Its kindof how things were going and in my opinion the best way it could have been. As waves came the Administration fixed this. I am not complaining about it because its a problem that was corrected long ago. And also not complaining because I know creating a new government based around a religion, the cyber world, and new age immaturity, its not supposed to be easy. I was only offering advice to help. Actually Robo seems more compassionate and merciful than I would be. I would not do this job as good as him. Anyway didnt want you to misunderstand my intentions.

As for me being the victim, I think I am wrongfully banned all the time, doesnt bother me. Its part of life. If you really want to know, I was banned for saying I am not sure I can call myself Christian because I choose to obey the bible so much more particularly that I dont carry all the same traditions and methods as most Christians. Its hard to explain that I take religion a step further than most and thats why my habits are different. Sometimes I get lazy and just say I am not Christian because I get tired of repeating the same hour long reason why I take it so much further than most. The problem is alot of it is chopped up into parts and some people see some parts and dont usually understand what the others are saying. Thats why I said because of a miscommunication, and thats all it usually is. And I believe in the messiah, the same creator, the same gospel, I just obey it more and do things a little older way than protocol. But it does not matter because all nonchristians, all faiths are allowed here. Its going against the rules to use the law to attack one going with the rules. This means corruption. And the higher point is that its a learning experience for all of us and one truth we can help each other find. The primary principle of the bible is to not judge each other and its not right to judge and attack each other in a Christian place. This is technically a church where we come to praise the Messiah.

And no sir this is not a pity cry, I am only banned a week and I have only had time all week to come back and reply to this thread and wont likely have more til the end of the week anyway and you will still see me on forums.

Other than that try to relax some and enjoy life brother.

Jul 20, 2017
I don't know where you got that idea...
The rules and asking the mods. Theres even a option to chose for your profile. But it doesnt matter, it was just to make an example and was not relevant to the point of why I was banned, which is not relevant to the topic.

Last edited:

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
The rules and asking the mods. Theres even a option to chose for your profile. But it doesnt matter, it was just to make an example and was not relevant to the point of why I was banned, which is not relevant to the topic.
Number one rule:
1. Nothing anti-Christian, or inappropriate for a Christian chat room or forum.

Jul 20, 2017
Number one rule:
Nothing anti christian or inappropriate was said. And like I said it does not matter. I am Christian. And its not why was I banned discussion.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Nothing anti christian or inappropriate was said. And like I said it does not matter. I am Christian. And its not why was I banned discussion.
That is quite beside the point. Not all beliefs are tolerated, nor should they be. So you saying, "Any belief, even not believers or any faiths are supposed to be allowed here." is erroneous.

Zmouth

Nov 21, 2012
Number one rule:
Nothing anti-Christian?

• And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch. Acts 11:26
  • And when Saul was come to Jerusalem, he assayed to join himself to the disciples: but they were all afraid of him, and believed not that he was a disciple. But Barnabas took him, and brought him to the apostles, and declared unto them how he had seen the Lord in the way, and that he had spoken to him, and how he had preached boldly at Damascus in the name of Jesus. Acts 9:26-27
  • Whereunto I am ordained a preacher, and an apostle, (I speak the truth in Christ, and lie not; a teacher of the Gentiles in faith and verity. 1 Tim 2:7
  • For we can do nothing against the truth, but for the truth. 2 Cor 13:8

Since no prophesy of scripture is of any private interpretation, how do you discern between what interpretation is Christian and what interpretation is anti-Christian?

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
We've received a report about what Wille-T is doing. He is spreading the old lie that RoboOp is rich [quite the contrary], that he is greedy [God knows my heart], does everything for money [let God judge]...... anyway, I'd rather spend my time more productively than having to deal with such persons using our site to try to poison people's minds against our site. Not very cool.
on facebook these days,
you have options to react to a post with not only a
'
[SUB] like.jpg [/SUB]'
but also in other ways,

such as with a
'
[SUB] sad.jpg [/SUB]'

Feb 28, 2016
there are a 'bunch' of different interpretations, but the burden is left with the 'reader'!!!

discernment and maturity come with being 'tolerant' and 'loving' and 'forgiving', -
this is how we 'GROW' into Jesus Christ's Ways...all of our 'time-tables' are different...

we're praying that Willie is just on a temporary leave, because we know for sure that he
loves this site and many of its participants...

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Seeing as how he got banned, he likely won't be back. :(

there are a 'bunch' of different interpretations, but the burden is left with the 'reader'!!!

discernment and maturity come with being 'tolerant' and 'loving' and 'forgiving', -
this is how we 'GROW' into Jesus Christ's Ways...all of our 'time-tables' are different...

we're praying that Willie is just on a temporary leave, because we know for sure that he
loves this site and many of its participants...

K

kaylagrl

We've received a report about what Wille-T is doing. He is spreading the old lie that RoboOp is rich [quite the contrary], that he is greedy [God knows my heart], does everything for money [let God judge]...... anyway, I'd rather spend my time more productively than having to deal with such persons using our site to try to poison people's minds against our site. Not very cool.

I'm surprised to hear this. I see this site as a ministry outreach. Its funny to me how often people in ministry are accused of being "in it for the money" and greedy. I've heard it all before. Yet none of them know the cost of ministry,I guess they think angels float money down from heaven. People watch too many tv evangelists. smh

As a second point the OP showed himself in the last few days and he's a long way from Christian. Quite good at making himself look innocent here. People need to be careful of who they agree with. Use some discernment.

Status
Not open for further replies.