Chatting someone up

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Stuff like that is why the ignore button exists, because it really doesn't take too long to figure out that some people just don't have anything to say that's worth listening to. And those of us who know you, know that you are a valued part of our community and one of the people we're grateful to have around when we're going through something and need someone to show some kindness and understanding.
Thats weird because they are still posting on CC.
Anyway maybe they really dont get it.

Thing is, theres nothing actually wrong with preaching on a christian site. LOrd knows people hated him for you know, preaching. If you are a christian thats kinda what you do, even if you try not to, eveything will come out preachy no matter what, even without trying! You could be breathing and anyone who isnt a christian will get super annoyed annoyed cos you are breathing in the holy spirit which they dont have! You could be having a nap and someone else will get annoyed cos you are resting on a sunday while they are working their butt off and complaining about it.

There is also the LOL cat bible, but nobody ever quotes from it so maybe people just dont read that version. And dont get the reference.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Flowers are actually sweet i dont think they are over the top you can never have too many flowers. If you do get too many you can always give them to the folks in hospital so BRING IT ON.

cinder

Mar 26, 2014

Thing is, theres nothing actually wrong with preaching on a christian site. LOrd knows people hated him for you know, preaching. If you are a christian thats kinda what you do, even if you try not to, eveything will come out preachy no matter what, even without trying! You could be breathing and anyone who isnt a christian will get super annoyed annoyed cos you are breathing in the holy spirit which they dont have! You could be having a nap and someone else will get annoyed cos you are resting on a sunday while they are working their butt off and complaining about it.

Actually there are plenty of people who manage to post and contribute to discussons and rarely come across as preachy. Seoulsearch comes to mind as a prime example of that. There's a huge difference between fellowshipping or discussing things with people and preaching at them. Interestingly enough there are also plenty of negative, unpleasant, toxic Christians around and it seems like all of them are sure that people hate them because they're so much more Christian than others and all those other people can't stand God's truth rather than for any other reason.

And just for the record, common people pretty much loved Jesus. Crowds followed him everywhere and hung on his every word pretty much (that's why we have the feeding of the 5000, the preaching from a boat story, a sermon on the mount and then one on the plain, etc). The people who hated Jesus were the ones whose power his message threatened. Those who heard and followed his message came to call it "the good news" (seriously that's what gospel means) and I find that rather interesting when talking about his message (and a good measuring stick for our own interpretation of it, is the message we're sharing really good news?).

If God is love and goodness and that is the fruit his Spirit produces in our lives, how can any of his followers excuse being spiteful and hateful towards people?

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Actually there are plenty of people who manage to post and contribute to discussons and rarely come across as preachy. Seoulsearch comes to mind as a prime example of that. There's a huge difference between fellowshipping or discussing things with people and preaching at them. Interestingly enough there are also plenty of negative, unpleasant, toxic Christians around and it seems like all of them are sure that people hate them because they're so much more Christian than others and all those other people can't stand God's truth rather than for any other reason.

And just for the record, common people pretty much loved Jesus. Crowds followed him everywhere and hung on his every word pretty much (that's why we have the feeding of the 5000, the preaching from a boat story, a sermon on the mount and then one on the plain, etc). The people who hated Jesus were the ones whose power his message threatened. Those who heard and followed his message came to call it "the good news" (seriously that's what gospel means) and I find that rather interesting when talking about his message (and a good measuring stick for our own interpretation of it, is the message we're sharing really good news?).

If God is love and goodness and that is the fruit his Spirit produces in our lives, how can any of his followers excuse being spiteful and hateful towards people?
Preachy doesnt mean hateful just some people seem to want to turn something good and make it like its something bad, i would go amen brother preach it!

Its amazing to see someone full of faith and not afraid to show it..be bold and courageous for the Lord is with you wherever you go.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
If Paul wasnt preachy half the known world wouldnt have heard the gospel...!

If hes just hung around and tried to chat up the ladies at the athens forum he wouldnt have got very far.

Aug 2, 2009

There is also the LOL cat bible, but nobody ever quotes from it so maybe people just dont read that version. And dont get the reference.
Wow so now you're just outright judging me. Bravo! People like you are the reason so many dislike Christians. And I've never heard of any cat bible. Did the word "meow" reference some scripture to you? I doubt it.

You obviously have some kind of huge "holier than thou" complex. I bet this whole topic of men giving you unwanted attention is just some kind of fantasy you made up too. Now I understand. Have a nice day.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Have anice day zero turbulence.

Dont know why you are so offended, I never judged you...am not a judge. Weird you being so hostile?

I remember this guy, just got so offended I and I didnt say anything and he sad it was cos I was a christian. Just cos I didnt smoke or drink with him. But why should I? I was there to work not smoke on the job. Besides, smoking in a ute thats full of gas wasnt a good idea. My bad judgement I suppose lol.

His idea of work was chatting me up and asking all sorts of personal questions. On way home he said, cos it wasnt work time, he was like asking me to solve his personal relationship problems. He was like are you a virgin? Im like I dont even have to answer that.

I really didnt care if he didnt like me. I wasnt there to be liked.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Not everyone is going to like you, but thats ok. You actually dont have to like everyone!

Which is like a Revelation. Thank you Lord.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
This workmate actually did ask me to pray for him and I did. So I have nothing against him just his chatting me up was super annoying. Im like you dont have to do that you know, just be yourself.

Aug 2, 2009
Have anice day zero turbulence.

Dont know why you are so offended, I never judged you...am not a judge. Weird you being so hostile?

I remember this guy, just got so offended I and I didnt say anything and he sad it was cos I was a christian. Just cos I didnt smoke or drink with him. But why should I? I was there to work not smoke on the job. Besides, smoking in a ute thats full of gas wasnt a good idea. My bad judgement I suppose lol.

His idea of work was chatting me up and asking all sorts of personal questions. On way home he said, cos it wasnt work time, he was like asking me to solve his personal relationship problems. He was like are you a virgin? Im like I dont even have to answer that.

I really didnt care if he didnt like me. I wasnt there to be liked.
I was offended because all I did was post an innocent drawing of a cat saying meow and suddenly you are lecturing me about how God is going to judge us on every single word we say. As if my "meow" was some kind of evil word. The only people that I know that do that kind of thing are those bible-thumping, fear-mongering christians that go around telling people that they're going straight to hell. The very type of "christians" that prevented me from becoming christian for most of my adult life.

H

Hamarr

i don’t want to pile on, but it’s probably not worth it. Most of the replies have been so far off the wall that I don’t know who Lanolin is even talking to, I’d anyone in particular.

I think most others could probably see what you posted as just relieving tension.

U

UnderGrace

What creeps you out about how people talk to you, particularly if you are single?

I have found in the workplace its men who cant handle a lady who is single and not interested in them (sexually) Its hard to be professional when your supposed workmate wants to not be professional and chat you up.

What do you do in those situations?
You could tell the management, but management might not even care, and you could either lose your job for telling the truth, or have them disciplined but they could make life tough for you.

This is what people DONT warn you about on the job, particularly for younger women. Older men just see them young women as fresh meat. Prey.

Its not a modern day thing, because even back in Bible times Boaz was looking out for Ruth, he didnt want other men chatting her up. But who really wants to marry their boss? I mean really? Do we know if by him marrying her she still had to work in the fields? I expect so, but treated better cos you need all hands on deck when its the barley harvest. Do we need to be married to stop other men checking us out?

Cos I dont know if being married really stops it. Would you go after a married woman or man? Or someone who has a had a string of previouses? The woman at the well who had five husbands...didnt seem to stop hanging round creepy men an nearly lumped Jesus in with them.

How refeshing to have a conversation with someone of the opposite sex who IS NOT sizing you up. If Jesus knows all we ever did there is no need for anyone to be nosy and ask us constantly if we are single. The intersting thing is how Jesus responded to this woman...call your husband, for he knew he wasnt meant to talk with her. The disciples were suprised to see him talking with her and you wonder if they thought he was chatting her up. But no, he was simply asking for her to give him a drink.

No innuendo at all, and no creepy advances.

Now I know christian chat is just that, christian Chat. Can you imagine if it was NOT christian chat and everyone was just chatting everyone up and being creepy instead of having good comversations in Christ!
Wow...... I can see why @OneOfHis gave you a disagree.

Older men just see them young women as fresh meat. Prey.
I have seen many women destroy other people's relationships and marriages >>>>> it goes both ways.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Wow...... I can see why @OneOfHis gave you a disagree.

I have seen many women destroy other people's relationships and marriages >>>>> it goes both ways.
Yea goes both ways...
I think just cos im female with a female point of view doesnt mean males cant have theres too on creepy women. Or just creepy people in general. My observation is that older men tend to go for younger women even if they are married the selves and got children. The thing is its not the younger women trying to steal the older men. The older men just cant help themselves. Although some younger women are like I dont care if hes married anyone is fair game.

You dont really want to hang round a meat market where everyone has a price tag on the, but thats what some places are and what some people do, just size you up, see if you are fresh and try to buy you. You got to say to them Im not for sale.

If you been bought by the blood of Jesus, its hands off. Nobody can snatch you from hIs hand.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Potiphars wife...older woman preying on younger man and trying to chat him up..Joseph did the right thing and ran.

Other examples...usually its the women who are the predators in the Bible and what the proverbs warn about. But peopl forget that men are just as bad. paull warned about ungodly men that led silly women captive through their own lusts.

Its really not nice to be on receiving end of unwanted attention.

PERFECTION

Aug 14, 2019
Dear Lanolin: I am going to go out on a limb here and assume that you are simply (as you say) a single women hoping for someone ( a Male ) to come into your life. Almost no one wants to to be along in life. But almost everyone wants to have this special someone to share the same convictions (christian wise) as they themselves.
First, it is better for you to go through life along than with a mate who will cause you nothing but misery when it comes to your faith.
Next, remember this, you as a child of God have the right (male or female ) to take command over your spiritual life.
Next, take command.
If anyone comes to you and lacks the humility which is represented in the face of Christ ,be ware.
NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, forget that Christ is your strong arm.
You have within you to know the Spirit of Christ. USE IT.
I can offer you only how I viewed and treated my mate down through the years. It came in only three words. She was Perfect. She was perfect every day and in every way.
Of course my mate achieved this not by what she did but by how God showed me she really is.
You deserve nothing less.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I rememebr going to a church, which I dont go to any more , where the pastor said when he was young and went to church, it wasnt for God, he just went there to 'check out the talent'. Then he would laugh.

Then I wondered what kind of church was I going to. One time I bought a man I was dating to church, and he didnt say anything. Turns out this man was a thief and a liar, and yet, this pastor didnt say anything so as not to 'hurt my feelings'. I would rather he said something and warned me than do nothing and allow me to be robbed and humiliated.

THe thing is in nz there is a culture of men who dont honor women. Ive heard all sorts of stories from women whod been abused by men and pressured to have sex. One of my friends who refused was then called derogatory name just because she refused. The pressure will start as soon as you hit puberty, some as young as 9. All the girls in high school worried endlesslessy about it. Many gave in. In university half the dorms the girls were on birth control.

I think I just got through cos I studied. And then I was drrugged and sick for about ten years. But I dont think many of the boys/men really respected women or asked them just assumed that, since they were in the vicintiy that they could just get their thrills. Not to say there werent any ones that had self control, but it would seem they needed to engage in some sexual activity all the time. If it wasnt you, it was someone else. Its like tomcats that never got spayed, and they just pee on everything and in general, behave annoyingly.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Let it go, if you want to say meow I wasnt making anything of it just you were speaking in (cat) tongues. Translation?

My cat is well behaved and doesnt attract all the other cats, if I do see other cats round the property trying to attack her, I shoo them off with a water gun or a look. One time the neighbours cat did try to attack my cat, and she had to go to the vet and get stitches.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Let it go, if you want to say meow I wasnt making anything of it just you were speaking in (cat) tongues. Translation?

My cat is well behaved and doesnt attract all the other cats, if I do see other cats round the property trying to attack her, I shoo them off with a water gun or a look. One time the neighbours cat did try to attack my cat, and she had to go to the vet and get stitches.
Your neighbor went to the vet to get stiches? Probably for the lower co-pay. Ingenious.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Some older peeps get the gray ones.
I had a gay workmate who would be always at pains to remind everyone he was gay.
Then he would make gay jokes with everyone and act really campy. Sometimes thats worse than the straight ones.