cheating

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Acr96

Member
Nov 11, 2015
99
0
0
Today at work we had to take tests on our training videos we watched. Well boss told us we could go ahead and try the tests without watching the videos(we get 3 attempts). One of the girls i work with watched her videos and took the tests. Well when my turn came around i opted to just take the test first because i didnt want to sit through 2 hours of videos and my coworker offered to help me (i didnt ask her to). Well i knew that by her just giving me the answers it would be direct cheating. So i would read the question and get my answer and just tell her what i thought the answer was. She replied yes or no. At the time i was just being lazy and wanted to hurry and get it done, but now i feel so gulity because is thay still considered cheating? Do i need to tell my boss. I dont want to get her in trouble either. What do you all think?
 
I don't think I would say anything to the boss about it now because I wouldn't want to get my co-worker in trouble. You would have just got the answers from the video anyhow and since you read them off to her, you probably remember the content and know it now. However, if you feel guilty, I would just pray and ask for forgiveness and try not to do anything like that again.
 
Well. Whether she tells you directly or not, your final answers were based on Her not on you. So yes, it's still cheating.
 
Today at work we had to take tests on our training videos we watched. Well boss told us we could go ahead and try the tests without watching the videos(we get 3 attempts). One of the girls i work with watched her videos and took the tests. Well when my turn came around i opted to just take the test first because i didnt want to sit through 2 hours of videos and my coworker offered to help me (i didnt ask her to). Well i knew that by her just giving me the answers it would be direct cheating. So i would read the question and get my answer and just tell her what i thought the answer was. She replied yes or no. At the time i was just being lazy and wanted to hurry and get it done, but now i feel so gulity because is thay still considered cheating? Do i need to tell my boss. I dont want to get her in trouble either. What do you all think?
How crucial is this video to your work? Will watching or not watching cause any harm to to those whom your company serves?

i suggest you watch the video now
 
I don't think I would say anything to the boss about it now because I wouldn't want to get my co-worker in trouble. You would have just got the answers from the video anyhow and since you read them off to her, you probably remember the content and know it now. However, if you feel guilty, I would just pray and ask for forgiveness and try not to do anything like that again.

If the coworker is cheating, and trying to get somebody else to cheat, then the coworker DESERVES to get fired. jmo
 
If the coworker is cheating, and trying to get somebody else to cheat, then the coworker DESERVES to get fired. jmo
I don't think she was. My understanding is that she watched the video and was being "helpful" by giving him the answers
 
Another thought. It's interesting that your boss "allows" his employees to try to take the test 3x without watching the video. That seems a bit strange which is why you should consider watching the video now. I don't know where you work but this choice seems a bit strange and your feeling u comfortable about it means you should watch the video just in case this might pop up later
 
Another thought. It's interesting that your boss "allows" his employees to try to take the test 3x without watching the video. That seems a bit strange which is why you should consider watching the video now. I don't know where you work but this choice seems a bit strange and your feeling u comfortable about it means you should watch the video just in case this might pop up later


I was working a heavy week of work. I calculated I put in over 70 hours that week (on salary, so no overtime payment for it.) During that week, HR had some kind of video and test about company policies they wanted to take. I suggested they give us more notice than just a couple of days next time. I watched the video and took the test.

I can understand if a video was, for example, an HR video that they needed everyone to take to tick it off their boxes, but this poster and the poster's boss just see the test as an annoyance not really related to their work, where the boss would be loose about the procedures involved in getting the test done.
 
I wouldn't sweat it. Work videos and tests are a joke anyway. Once when I was taking some idiot test there were several others with me including the plant production supervisor. He wanted to get the nonsense over with so started asking anyone what the answers were. I wouldn't consider it cheating but rather a more prudent use of company time.