CHECKMATE?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
checkmate_chess-100678799-primary.idge.jpg

In Chess, we have the possibility of 5,949 moves. All a choice influenced by your opponent. The enemy wants to defeat you by defeating your King. The word “checkmate” comes from the Arabic word “shah mat” which translates to “The king is dead” in English. In Matthew 27:37 as Jesus was being crucified, there was a sign that said "This is Jesus the King of the Jews."

Two Kings are at war. One is considered the ruler of this world while the other is the supreme ruler of a Kingdom not of this world. The war is over the human soul.

John 12:31
New Living Translation

31 The time for judging this world has come, when Satan, the ruler of this world, will be cast out.

Matthew 25:34
New Living Translation

34 “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the Kingdom prepared for you from the creation of the world.

Satan thought he could declare checkmate while Jesus was on the cross but he was mistaken. Jesus was materialized in the flesh and strategically had placed himself in harms way. God the Father or in chess the player who hovers over the board is outside of the game but can interfere to change the direction of the game. He can take as much time needed to strategically line up His victory.

And this is exactly what took place. The Checkmate had been averted and now Satan's rule has been defeated.

We are also on this chessboard as pawns, knights, bishops, castles, and queens. We all come from different walks of life but all equally important in the path to victory. Some are lost to the enemy and trapped in his snares. While others make it to the end and are gathered with the victor or with the conquered.

Every choice we make can contribute to the will of the Father. Every choice we make can lead to life or death. Good vs evil.

Those who live in the will of God will always declare checkmate against the enemies of God. Victory is ours and it is time we boldly make this known.

Hebrews 2:14
New Living Translation

14 Because God’s children are human beings—made of flesh and blood—the Son also became flesh and blood. For only as a human being could he die, and only by dying could he break the power of the devil, who had the power of death.

Nov 12, 2020
View attachment 222823

In Chess, we have the possibility of 5,949 moves. All a choice influenced by your opponent. The enemy wants to defeat you by defeating your King. The word “checkmate” comes from the Arabic word “shah mat” which translates to “The king is dead” in English. In Matthew 27:37 as Jesus was being crucified, there was a sign that said "This is Jesus the King of the Jews."

Two Kings are at war. One is considered the ruler of this world while the other is the supreme ruler of a Kingdom not of this world. The war is over the human soul.

John 12:31
New Living Translation

31 The time for judging this world has come, when Satan, the ruler of this world, will be cast out.

Matthew 25:34
New Living Translation

34 “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the Kingdom prepared for you from the creation of the world.

Satan thought he could declare checkmate while Jesus was on the cross but he was mistaken. Jesus was materialized in the flesh and strategically had placed himself in harms way. God the Father or in chess the player who hovers over the board is outside of the game but can interfere to change the direction of the game. He can take as much time needed to strategically line up His victory.

And this is exactly what took place. The Checkmate had been averted and now Satan's rule has been defeated.

We are also on this chessboard as pawns, knights, bishops, castles, and queens. We all come from different walks of life but all equally important in the path to victory. Some are lost to the enemy and trapped in his snares. While others make it to the end and are gathered with the victor or with the conquered.

Every choice we make can contribute to the will of the Father. Every choice we make can lead to life or death. Good vs evil.

Those who live in the will of God will always declare checkmate against the enemies of God. Victory is ours and it is time we boldly make this known.

Hebrews 2:14
New Living Translation

14 Because God’s children are human beings—made of flesh and blood—the Son also became flesh and blood. For only as a human being could he die, and only by dying could he break the power of the devil, who had the power of death.
Amen! It's amazing how we compare certain objects to meanings in the Bible and so on
Keep it up and don't give up
We can always view life as a large chess game just With a whole lot more moves
Love roughsoul

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
Amen! It's amazing how we compare certain objects to meanings in the Bible and so on
Keep it up and don't give up
We can always view life as a large chess game just With a whole lot more moves
Love roughsoul
Exactly.

Romans 1:20
New International Version

20 For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.

Happy you are living with us. We do not do life alone.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I wish I knew how to play chess. I didnt know about the orignial meaning of checkmate. Interesting.

If you could do a sermon that mentions scrabble, I would be most interested.

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
I wish I knew how to play chess. I didnt know about the orignial meaning of checkmate. Interesting.

Chess is fun but can be a long game if you find someone who thinks the same as you.

Scrabble? Hmm. I'll see what I can think of lol.

Nov 12, 2020

Very difficult and pain staking . but fun all the same

Feb 28, 2016
once I was married to a mathematical genius, and he taught me how to play chess -
in a very short time, I began to 'win' -
NOT because I was smarter, but I had always been a 'counter'! you out there who KNOW
what a 'counter' is, '1', etc. what I'm talking about=
I'm adapt at discerning 'patterns', which, by the way, ALL have a 'common dominator '...
anyway, after I began to 'win', he stopped asking me to play',
and became meaner...
:)

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
Is that all? :oops: I would have thought there were more... :giggle::geek:
Lol it was just a interesting fact I found when studying the game. Supposedly the longest game was 240 or so moves.
( could be a little less or a little more. Off the top of my head, it was in the 200 range)

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
once I was married to a mathematical genius, and he taught me how to play chess -
NOT because I was smarter, but I had always been a 'counter'! you out there who KNOW
I'm adapt at discerning 'patterns', which, by the way, ALL have a 'common dominator '...
and became meaner...
You sound smart to me.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I can play chess very well having learned the game years ago. It is a game of war, the board is the battlefield and the main elements that determine who wins or loses is time and space. The move possibilities are endless based on the position after each move. The game is 100% skill and completely transparent. Fascinating game. It must be if even Mr. Spock takes the game seriously.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
and became meaner...
Guy was a sore loser and simply lost to the more highly skilled player.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Is that all? :oops: I would have thought there were more... :giggle::geek:
Actually, there are an infinite number of possible moves based on the position of the board after each move. I believe that we had a chess thread years ago and you and I discussed possible moves and strategy.

Feb 28, 2016
in reality, it's mostly a 'head-game', and I stopped playing it long ago,
for I realized that I didn't want to have an advantage above another...
Jesus showed me that I was not a competitor, even though I was a winner...

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Actually, there are an infinite number of possible moves based on the position of the board after each move. I believe that we had a chess thread years ago and you and I discussed possible moves and strategy.
I have likened life to a chess board, with our self will juxtapositioned against God's omniscience, for there are only so many possible moves at the beginning of any game, and each move in turn eliminates a number of choices. At any given moment, God is aware of the moves that are open to us, and as we make another choice, again, He is aware of the moves that remain available to us. He sees every possible end to the game at every single move, from the beginning to the end. That He sees the end does not mean He is dictating our moves :)

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I have likened life to a chess board, with our self will juxtapositioned against God's omniscience, for there are only so many possible moves at the beginning of any game, and each move in turn eliminates a number of choices. At any given moment, God is aware of the moves that are open to us, and as we make another choice, again, He is aware of the moves that remain available to us. He sees every possible end to the game at every single move, from the beginning to the end. That He sees the end does not mean He is dictating our moves :)
A most apt analogy.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
A most apt analogy.
I used to play chess also, though I cannot say I was really any good at it, though I won a fair share of games despite that fact :D Netflix has a limited series on now called The Queen's Gambit, having to do with the game of chess, and chess championships :)

Feb 28, 2016
who, at one time or another, while growing up, didn't like to play 'hide and go seek-checkers, pick up sticks, card games, tag,
hop-scotch, etc???......................................................................................................................................................................................................................
games are games, they ALL have the 'same ending about just WHO WE REALLY ARE = the 'matter of the games is this:
who we REALLY are???

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
who, at one time or another, while growing up, didn't like to play 'hide and go seek-checkers, pick up sticks, card games, tag,
hop-scotch, etc???......................................................................................................................................................................................................................
games are games, they ALL have the 'same ending about just WHO WE REALLY ARE = the 'matter of the games is this:
who we REALLY are???
Who are we really?

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
when I play scrabble with my dad, we score our own and then add up our scores to see if we can beat the last high score we had.
So its not really a battle like chess. Its how we can make the most of the letters on the board.

we also look words up in the dictionary, if it's there, we play it.