Cheese

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
My baby cheeses...

Sweet Chilli Philly
Also...Creamy Blue Vein
Cheddar has always been a staple
Camembert and Brie are also nice.
 
  • Like
Reactions: SadieH
My go to is cheddar, the sharper the better. Mozerella and parmesan are good for italian dishes. A good baked brie is a nice change up and gouda is so very goud ah. There are a couple specialty fancy cheese sellers around with the really good stuff, but that stuff is as expensive as a good steak so I don't get it very often.
 
What is your favorite cheese? I myself love a good sharp white cheddar. I am also lactose intolerant, so dairy and me fight sometimes but I still love it. Hbu?
I don't know why, but this can't be a coincidence.

I sat down to eat. I just thanked the Lord for the really good sausage and the delicious Swiss and Sharp Cheddar cheese in my meal. Then the next thing I see as I'm logging in is the title of your thread!
🍝😋🧀


What does it all mean?
😄
 
Whatever you do, don't mention Swiss cheese...
Oh, you mean the "holy cheese"?

I won't retell my story since I already told it here:
:unsure: huh, didn't expect it to show like that, must be part of the newer changes around here.

Sure glad that when we bought this swiss cheese fresh from the farm we paid by the pound and not a flat price for the block! Oh! But it was so good! So , so so so so very good!

IMG_0158.jpg
 
I think that I shall never see
A better cheese than that called brie
Some prefer the taste of blue
My boss is nuts for port-du-salut
Many folks I know will swear
The tops in cheese is camembert
To each his own, but as for me
I'd rather have a creamy brie

Lilian Jackson Braun
 
  • Love
Reactions: Deuteronomy
My friend fasted from dairy including cheese a whole month, and then her church had 'Cheese Week'
So I'm wondering if she had a different cheese for each day of the week.
 
My friend fasted from dairy including cheese a whole month, and then her church had 'Cheese Week'
So I'm wondering if she had a different cheese for each day of the week.
Was your friend shopping at aldi, or a New Zealand equivalent? I always go there to find interesting cheeses, at really great prices.
 
Was your friend shopping at aldi, or a New Zealand equivalent? I always go there to find interesting cheeses, at really great prices.
We don't have aldi.
We have.. New World supermarket, and Pakn'Save and Woolworths, they all have cheese sections. You can get prepackaged or go to the deli where they'll slice it for you. I just pick up the prepackaged ones, either in plastic or tin-foil.

I'll buy a block of organic Mainland, or a wedge of Creamy Blue.
I don't go for pre-grated cheese. I like slicing and grating the cheese myself.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Lynx
We don't have aldi.
We have.. New World supermarket, and Pakn'Save and Woolworths, they all have cheese sections. You can get prepackaged or go to the deli where they'll slice it for you. I just pick up the prepackaged ones, either in plastic or tin-foil.

I'll buy a block of organic Mainland, or a wedge of Creamy Blue.
I don't go for pre-grated cheese. I like slicing and grating the cheese myself.
Better so. Pre-graded cheese is coated with something to keep it from clumping. Higher brands use potato starch, but cheaper brands use cellulose powder. Basically, powdered wood.

Is it really labeled creamy blue cheese? No specific kind listed? Stilton maybe?