Chick-Fil-A bowing to the god of mammon!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Ghoti2

Nov 8, 2019
Sounds like they are still contributing $ where they choose to. Can you explain what you think is wrong because they aren't giving to certain groups?

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
I had read an article about this earlier. I sent Chick Fil A an email informing them that since they are abandoning these charities because of financial pressure, I will be abandoning my spending money in their stores.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Sounds like they are still contributing $ where they choose to. Can you explain what you think is wrong because they aren't giving to certain groups?
Probably: The U.S. fast food chain said that as it expands, it will no longer donate to the Salvation Army, the Paul Anderson Youth Home, and the Fellowship of Christian Athletes, which opposes same-sex marriage.

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
For quite some time Christians have heavily supported Chick Fil A because of their biblical standards. Now they are pulling donations from Christian charities solely because of pressure from the LGBTLMNOP community. In other words, they are putting corporate profits above their support of Christian charities.

(by the way, in spite of all the negative press that Chick Fil A has gotten for their biblical beliefs they are the third largest fast food retailer only behind McDonalds and Starbucks)

Ghoti2

Nov 8, 2019
Probably: The U.S. fast food chain said that as it expands, it will no longer donate to the Salvation Army, the Paul Anderson Youth Home, and the Fellowship of Christian Athletes, which opposes same-sex marriage.
I oppose SSM, shouldn't they be sending me at least $5 a month?

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
I had read an article about this earlier. I sent Chick Fil A an email informing them that since they are abandoning these charities because of financial pressure, I will be abandoning my spending money in their stores.
I called and waited on the line for a half hour and never got to a person. They must have been swamped.

Look at what a disaster the Boy Scouts have become because of their capitulation to fascist bullying. They are less than a shell of what they were.

THIS verse has been on my mind with them today:
Mark 8:36 King James Version (KJV)
36 For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?

Oct 25, 2018
They’ve pulled their donations to Christian charities because they fell to the pressures of the LGBTQ community. When they made a stand for traditional marriage the LGBTQ community picketed many of their restaurants. Christians(and several lost ppl who hold to the traditional view of marriage) stood in line for HOURS to buy food from them. They showed their gratitude by not only stabbing them in the back, but also slitting their throats.

Oct 25, 2018
For quite some time Christians have heavily supported Chick Fil A because of their biblical standards. Now they are pulling donations from Christian charities solely because of pressure from the LGBTLMNOP community. In other words, they are putting corporate profits above their support of Christian charities.

(by the way, in spite of all the negative press that Chick Fil A has gotten for their biblical beliefs they are the third largest fast food retailer only behind McDonalds and Starbucks)
🤣😂❤️👀😂🤣😂😅🤣

Ghoti2

Nov 8, 2019
Is there "a Biblical Standard" that says you have to give to orphans and widows through national organizations that publicly oppose Q's...… that you cannot directly support those Jesus said to take care of unless you do it in a way that will cause dissention by getting in Q's faces? I think the Bible did say that "as much as it depends upon you, live peacably with all men." I think that may mean not grandstanding so that the focus is on how and where you do charity work. They are still Christian, still giving to the poor, and actually trying to do it without making a media spectacle of it.

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
Is there "a Biblical Standard" that says you have to give to orphans and widows through national organizations that oppose Q's...… that you cannot directly support those Jesus said to take care of unless you do it in a way that will cause dissention by getting in Q's faces? I think the Bible did say that "as much as it depends upon you, live peacably with all men." I think that may mean not grandstanding so that the focus is on how and where you do charity work. They are still Christian, still giving to the poor, and actually trying to do it without making a media spectacle of it.
You're missing the point.

They capitulated to the fascist homosexual/transgender bullying, because they believe it will help their bottom line.

Ghoti2

Nov 8, 2019
You're missing the point.

They capitulated to the fascist homosexual/transgender bullying, because they believe it will help their bottom line.
No, actually everyone here is saying just the opposite. The posters here are saying that Christians will withdraw financial support from them for this imagined "betrayal." And Chick-Fil-A isn't dumb; they know Christians will walk away..... And I am sure they are not deluding themselves that Q's will suddenly flock to their stores to replace that lost income. They know that by not proudly beating their chests as "Christians fighting Q's", they are going to lose money overall. But the Bible said not to stir up trouble, but to quietly do God's work, even if you get no notoriety for doing so.

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
Look at what a disaster the Boy Scouts have become because of their capitulation to fascist bullying. They are less than a shell of what they were.
The BSA recently had to mortgage a huge tract of land (roughly 140,000 acres) in New Mexico that was donated to the organization 80 years ago because of the drop in donations/membership since they bowed to LGBT pressure.

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
No, actually everyone here is saying just the opposite. The posters here are saying that Christians will withdraw financial support from them for this imagined "betrayal." And Chick-Fil-A isn't dumb; they know Christians will walk away..... And I am sure they are not deluding themselves that Q's will suddenly flock to their stores to replace that lost income. They know that by not proudly beating their chests as "Christians fighting Q's", they are going to lose money overall. But the Bible said not to stir up trouble, but to quietly do God's work, even if you get no notoriety for doing so.
Read it yourself:
Another Chick-fil-A executive told Bisnow that the company had spent too many years “taking it on the chin” and ignoring protests and boycotts — but the escalating backlash was finally too much to ignore.

They calculated that losing the few Christians that would stick to their guns and not eat there, was worth less boycotts and and increased worldy patrons that would eat there.

We are talking about the Salvation Army here. NOT Westboro Baptists! An Org that has done immense good for 150 yrs.

Ghoti2

Nov 8, 2019
All I can say is I am glad of a lot of things right this minute. It is the same way I felt two weeks ago when we "discussed" Halloween.

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
Chick fil a is a corporation. A corporations job is to make money. It's not a ministry. It was convenient and profitable to advertise their faith. Now it's not so it makes sense they'd make changes.
If they get rich pandering to Christians it's a good thing, if they get rich pandering to non-Christians its bowing to the god of mammon. Right.

Whispered

Aug 17, 2019
www.christiancourier.com
Here’s How Much The LGBT Boycotts Matter To Chick-Fil-A

Well, there's a matter of being a corporation that makes money, and then there's the matter of capitulating to the LGBTQ community pressure after standing on their Christian principles and against gay marriage not that long ago. Now they're not going to donate to certain Christian charities so as to appease that same LGBTQ community that hold firm against traditional Christian values.

LGBTQ Christophobes won't concede their animus toward traditional Christian values due to this decision by CF.
The Christian charities lose and the LGBTQ extremists win thinking they've caused a major corporation to turn away from supporting charities in the faith.
What a message that sends to LGBTQ bigots.

This is quite frankly pathetic.
We won't be eating there again.
What's next?

E

EliBeth

We should not compromise Biblical truth in order to gain man's acceptance or revenue, or even to console others. Even so, we should be motivated by genuine love when we are uncompromising in upholding Biblical truth.

Chick-fil-A has severed their alliance with organizations upholding Biblical truth. They now plan to support neutral organizations instead (by neutral I mean those which do not strongly uphold Biblical standards). In doing so, Chick-fil-A has lessened their commitment to Biblical truth. Presumably, they have done this to gain the favor of man and increase their revenue. This may be a somewhat small compromise. But it is still compromise.

As a supporter of Chick-fil-A, I am disappointed. I do not intend to boycott the restaurant chain as a result of this. For one reason, they are still taking a huge stand for God by remaining closed on Sunday. But I fear this move may be followed by further compromise. I hope it will not be so.

This verse comes to mind:

"For am I now seeking the favor of men, or of God? Or am I striving to please men? If I were still trying to please men, I would not be a bond-servant of Christ." Galatians 1:10

As Christians, may we not be pleasers of men, but rather pleasers of God. 🙂 I think this thread calls for us to personally take inventory to see if there is any area at all in our own lives where we are compromising by neglecting to take a firm stand for Biblical truth and God.

Silverwings

Jul 27, 2016
Now they're not going to donate to certain Christian charities so as to appease that same LGBTQ community that hold firm against traditional Christian values.
This is unfortunate indeed, it would seem that they have some new leadership onboard, that has made this decision.

Whispered

Aug 17, 2019
www.christiancourier.com
This is unfortunate indeed, it would seem that they have some new leadership onboard, that has made this decision.
I never thought I'd see the day.
They appear to have grown concerned for the LGBTQ boycotting their stores, imagine if the Christian community, especially Evangelicals, boycott due to this recent decision.
LGBTQ isn't going to concede to CF's religious beliefs as being their right, especially concerning the sins particular to their LGBTQ community. It isn't as if this decision will call off the LGBTQ boycott. If anything it will make them more bold thinking they've achieved a victory because CF, a known Christian family values business, has now stopped funding Christian charities.
ATLANTA, Nov. 18, 2019 Chick-fil-A Foundation Announces 2020 Priorities to Address Education, Homelessness, Hunger