Child birth with not a bit of pain

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Demi777

Oct 13, 2014
Germany
After all of these stories imma never have kidsto lol
The fear of the pain and the catheter...naw i think i will adobt hahah

Feb 28, 2016
child-birth pain is experienced differently by each woman,
according to their particular circumstances and health...

I've know some whose child just 'popped-out' and others
who, for what ever reasons, suffered for hours or days...

but I did most assuredly find out, that the pain was worth
every bit of the pleasure placed into my arms...

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
Ice cream is good though. My favorite is strawberry but chocolate is good too. I prefer vanilla if I am going to add toppings.
Scott Peck wrote an entire book about this that was on the best seller list for ages. The book gave illustrations of the results of instant gratification and paying a price today for a long term goal.

For myself, I don't think the pleasures of white carbs are worth taking the chance of needing to pay a hard price, especially when it is my child paying the bill.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Scott Peck wrote an entire book about this that was on the best seller list for ages. The book gave illustrations of the results of instant gratification and paying a price today for a long term goal.

For myself, I don't think the pleasures of white carbs are worth taking the chance of needing to pay a hard price, especially when it is my child paying the bill.
Personally, I am willing to take the chance on a banana split topped with Redi-Whip and a cherry. Any price to be paid is well worth the cost of admission. :)

SoulWeaver

Oct 25, 2014
Well what do y'all think about things like these:
http://babyandbump.momtastic.com/pregnancy-third-trimester/436685-giving-birth-sleep-lol-2.html
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...s-labour-SLEEP--wakes-babys-head-emerged.html

"The vast majority of Tlingit women suffer very little and some not at all, when their children are born. They have been known to give birth while sleeping."
I've been reading about so called "natural birth" and other "let's celebrate femininity" stuff, but honestly wasn't thrilled. Trying to be dignified in an ordeal like that has always sounded to me like trying to look pretty while crying on a funeral... But sleeping would be a totally different game...

mar09

Sep 17, 2014
After all of these stories imma never have kidsto lol
The fear of the pain and the catheter...naw i think i will adobt hahah
No, demi. Perhaps, if like an athlete or a researcher you'd like to look at things the way they study our body and how it works.. but searching online may not be very helpful if you find th "wrong" things. Why, even i grew up thinking all births hurt, as that was what we grew up learning... at home, school, movies, books. But Wessel's book is beautiful, and i believe other women who wrote abt this must know what they're talking abt. A Christian, she tells about how God changed her understanding that giving birth need not be suffering. It's both simple and complicated, how you'll go abt learning abt it. I mean, who wasnt afraid... but God shows He is beyond all the misconceptions we grew up with. Now i am not pointing at others who had different births, i said, but let God lead you to His love and goodness. He's always faithful.

I didnt want to repost much, incl. part of chapter on Theology from Wessel, but i think it is so important and women would miss the whole thing if i wont. As blik and i have started on the discussions, let me for those who have no time to go back to the Gems thread...

Feb 26, 2016 #58
Ch. 17. cont.
During the Renaissance

Dr. philipp semonelweiss(sp?),* an austrian physician showed the direct relationship bet. the attending physician's lack of personal cleanliness and the resulting puerperal infection of the (childbearing) mother.

Only a hundred yrs ago a physician would frequently go directly from dissecting corpse to assist a woman in labor, w/o eve washing his hands in water. The doctors themselves were infecting the mothers and causing their deaths.
This in contrast to the jewish regard for cleanliness taught by moses and enforced by the jewish law...

Ch. 19 Contemporary obstetric practices
Doctors too, are victims of our negative concepts of childbirth. They have suffered when their patients suffered, and if sometimes if they seem indifferent to a woman’s pain, it is because they felt they had to take a purely objective and scientific attitude toward their patients to function effectively as a physician.

*Ignaz Semmelweis, in full Ignaz Philipp Semmelweis or Hungarian Ignác Fülöp Semmelweis, (born July 1, 1818, Buda, Hungary, Austrian Empire [now Budapest, Hungary]—died August 13, 1865, Vienna, Austria), German Hungarian physician who discovered the cause of puerperal (childbed) fever and introduced antisepsis into medical practice.

https://www.britannica.com/biography/Ignaz-Semmelweis

Demi777

Oct 13, 2014
Germany
No, demi. Perhaps, if like an athlete or a researcher you'd like to look at things the way they study our body and how it works.. but searching online may not be very helpful if you find th "wrong" things. Why, even i grew up thinking all births hurt, as that was what we grew up learning... at home, school, movies, books. But Wessel's book is beautiful, and i believe other women who wrote abt this must know what they're talking abt. A Christian, she tells about how God changed her understanding that giving birth need not be suffering. It's both simple and complicated, how you'll go abt learning abt it. I mean, who wasnt afraid... but God shows He is beyond all the misconceptions we grew up with. Now i am not pointing at others who had different births, i said, but let God lead you to His love and goodness. He's always faithful.

I didnt want to repost much, incl. part of chapter on Theology from Wessel, but i think it is so important and women would miss the whole thing if i wont. As blik and i have started on the discussions, let me for those who have no time to go back to the Gems thread...

Feb 26, 2016 #58
Ch. 17. cont.
During the Renaissance

Dr. philipp semonelweiss(sp?),* an austrian physician showed the direct relationship bet. the attending physician's lack of personal cleanliness and the resulting puerperal infection of the (childbearing) mother.

Only a hundred yrs ago a physician would frequently go directly from dissecting corpse to assist a woman in labor, w/o eve washing his hands in water. The doctors themselves were infecting the mothers and causing their deaths.
This in contrast to the jewish regard for cleanliness taught by moses and enforced by the jewish law...

Ch. 19 Contemporary obstetric practices
Doctors too, are victims of our negative concepts of childbirth. They have suffered when their patients suffered, and if sometimes if they seem indifferent to a woman’s pain, it is because they felt they had to take a purely objective and scientific attitude toward their patients to function effectively as a physician.

*Ignaz Semmelweis, in full Ignaz Philipp Semmelweis or Hungarian Ignác Fülöp Semmelweis, (born July 1, 1818, Buda, Hungary, Austrian Empire [now Budapest, Hungary]—died August 13, 1865, Vienna, Austria), German Hungarian physician who discovered the cause of puerperal (childbed) fever and introduced antisepsis into medical practice.

https://www.britannica.com/biography/Ignaz-Semmelweis
I know alli about birth..physially etc. I also know that depending on the genetics its worse or less. I kniw people with loads of kids that never really had a problem. My family has a history of babys getting stuck or having.stuff around their neck. Perhaps i shoukd learn toto sneeze out babied

mar09

Sep 17, 2014
I know alli about birth..physially etc. I also know that depending on the genetics its worse or less. I kniw people with loads of kids that never really had a problem. My family has a history of babys getting stuck or having.stuff around their neck. Perhaps i shoukd learn toto sneeze out babied
Now i can see where you're coming from, demi. Whatever, it is something we can pray about.

C

CandieM

This is fascinating. I know little to nothing about it. Still, it's very fascinating. The concept of mind over matter has always fascinated me. Good thread.

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
I have been there, done that. When I searched for information about Dr. Read for my granddaughters, the info was not anything like I had followed to have a painless birth. It requires discipline of the mind, and I really don't think people are that disciplined any more. Maybe.

Anyway, now I am old. (ancient) I have extra time. If anyone would like to be coached on the skills required to have a birth without pain, do contact me and let me coach you. Perhaps I am just an exception to a rule, but it costs nothing to find out.

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
This is fascinating. I know little to nothing about it. Still, it's very fascinating. The concept of mind over matter has always fascinated me. Good thread.
This is NOT mind over matter. It is having faith in God's ability to create women so they can birth children without their taking the birth in their own hands.

C

CandieM

This is NOT mind over matter. It is having faith in God's ability to create women so they can birth children without their taking the birth in their own hands.
Sorry for misunderstanding.

I feel empowered that a woman can experience childbirth that is not painful, in general. Personally, I don't have the estrogen in me, or the partner in my life to have a physical child. If I were pregnant, I'd give it up for adoption. Empowerment is why I saw this thread as great, you know?

The empowerment is why commented. Nothing else. ❓❓