Childhood Toys

  • Thread starter Thread starter MegMarch
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
M

MegMarch

Guest
Going nostalgic on y’all. What was your favorite toy to play with growing up?

My mom would not let me have barbies, so I became obsessed with My Little Ponies. My brother loved Legos, but I found them boring. I find them very satisfying as an adult however—possible delay in development.
 
I don't think it would be classified as a toy, but my bicycle. I was thrilled waking up to see a brand new bike sitting in front of the Christmas tree. We had a large property when I was growing up and I was able to ride all over the place. I'd sit for hours reading, and the local wildlife would come out of the nearby woods and graze, or play. I arrived quietly peddling into their domain, and they apparently didn't mind I stayed awhile. Lovely memories. :giggle:
 
Marbles, pogs, yoyo, toy boomerang,skateboard, bike, rc cars,slingshot... Typical 90s kid boy stuff.
It depended on where i was to be honest, but with a toy boomerang it was hours of fun especially in an open field.
Marbles were fun to play with at recess with the other kids, pogs too, especially if you had a metal slammer... Win all day times lol.
I never had a single favorite toy because i would always be playing around with something. Sometimes when bored with my toys
i would get my sisters dolls, and i would bend their legs, arms and heads in odd positions and spread them throughout her room for her to find and react to.. Each reaction was priceless.
 
  • Like
Reactions: GodFoundMe
Evil Knievel stunt cycle from the 70's.

73e75a6ca7bf014e25424fa5706b01c5.jpg


I also loved race tracks as a kid.

cd730d1b57f335cf0b069090b7916177.jpg
 
I forgot about my cap guns I had, they looked more real back than. I had a fire engine paddle car, I liked.
 
  • Like
Reactions: mailmandan
I don't think it would be classified as a toy, but my bicycle. I was thrilled waking up to see a brand new bike sitting in front of the Christmas tree. We had a large property when I was growing up and I was able to ride all over the place. I'd sit for hours reading, and the local wildlife would come out of the nearby woods and graze, or play. I arrived quietly peddling into their domain, and they apparently didn't mind I stayed awhile. Lovely memories. :giggle:
I was ruff on a bicycle, riding through mud puddles, jumping ramps.
 
  • Like
Reactions: mailmandan
I was ruff on a bicycle, riding through mud puddles, jumping ramps.
A fellow peddler. ;) I was invincible on my little banana bike. Until one day the braking failed and I put my front tire into a oak tree stump and flipped over it. Not to be outdone by the butt of a long gone tree, I held tight to the handlebars and actually accomplished my mid air flip, landing on my tires not my head. Though some would think the opposite happened. :p

There I am straddling my bike, feet firmly on the ground now and was so proud to know I knew exactly why Evel Knievel jumped motorcycles.:ROFL:
 
  • Like
Reactions: GodFoundMe
Going nostalgic on y’all. What was your favorite toy to play with growing up?

My mom would not let me have barbies, so I became obsessed with My Little Ponies. My brother loved Legos, but I found them boring. I find them very satisfying as an adult however—possible delay in development.
Six kids in our family - so readily available sibling playmates all day...
Indoors: checkers, chess, card games, board games, twister... Baseball cards; Baseball cards with an aluminum foil ball...
Outdoors: Any type of sports ball; ping-pong, football, kickball, basketball, baseball and darts...