China's Oppressive (Social Scores) Surveilence Cameras, And Facial Recognition

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Truth7t7

May 19, 2020
China is using oppressive (Social Scores) to stop democracy and freedom, cameras, facial recognition, and credit card monitoring are a few steps used in this oppression.

200+ million cameras monitor everything in China, crosswalks, busses, parks, housing complexes, shopping malls, and these are seen in all public places, using biometric facial recognition.

(Social Scoring) determines a person's freedom to travel and live in China, the true face of the communist dictatorship.

The YouTube clip below is a must see!

YouTube: Exposing China's Digital Dystopian Dictatorship

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
are you talking about tik tok, which is now banned in some places. Tik Tok is chinese.

Aug 2, 2009
I'm not opposed to cameras and facial recognition technology in public places. England has been using them for years and it's helped them catch many criminals including terrorists. It also helps them track criminals and suspicious persons. I've never heard of social scoring before.

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
I've never heard of social scoring before.

The Chinese Communist Party (CCP) uses information gathered from surveillance in public places, social media, and neighborhood "snitches" to give individuals a "social score". Those who have a high social score gain higher levels of access to government services whereas those who have low social scores due to "subversive activities" such as attending a church that isn't approved by the CCP or speaking out against the oppressive regime can lose all access to government services which in that nation can mean the refusal of access to basic medical services since the government controls all of it.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Face masks combined with facial recognition devices, hmmm :unsure:

Truth7t7

May 19, 2020
Face masks combined with facial recognition devices, hmmm :unsure:
I agree, in the US the Chinese immigrants were wearing them as a standard practice before Covid19

Sad to see whats going on in China, and if the Commie Democrats had their way, it would be in the US in full force, weed out the American Patriots.