CHRIST HUH

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 12, 2013
no i lift jesus high, and it drives religous people nuts, by the way, the theif was with him and called him lord. Jesus is his name
the point of this whole OP is that God has a name when you pray, it should be Father or Abba. Jesus has a name when you pray, It is Jesus.
you all say your great theologians, but you fail in the most basic instructions of Abba and Jesus
Dilute Father to God, and you could be praying to anyone. Dilute the name of Jesus to Christ and you are hiding your belief from people
You lift Jesus high by taking away from his glory as annointed....yeah...not hardly....and the funny tragic truth....the ignorant OP and the utterly ridiculous view set forth by the OP does the bolded above!!

Locutus

Feb 10, 2017
Op is an opinion piece, I don't think Op's ideas are meant as doctrine.

Jesus is quite a common name, Christ not so.

Apr 15, 2017
Why does so many people call Jesus (Christ)
Christ left Jesus on the cross. He sits at the right hand of God fully God. No need for the anointing.
He is a friend that sticks closer than a brother, but you won't call him by his given name him
Maybe some of you missed that in your study, or diluting the most powerful name ever, is your only way to say it
Christ would mean Savior of mankind as a benefit to them in the way of eternal life, and spiritual blessings, and Jesus is still the Savior of the world, so He is still Christ.

1Ti 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

1Ti 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.

2Co 5:18 And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;
2Co 5:19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

The man Christ Jesus is the Savior of the world, for only a sinless man can reconcile the world unto God, but no man is sinless so God manifest Himself in flesh, and reconciled the world unto Himself in the person of Jesus Christ, God and man in harmony.

How can Christ leave Jesus on the cross, when the man Jesus is the Christ.

The new age movement believe that Jesus and Christ are 2 different individuals, and the Christ is actually the powerful one that came upon Jesus to give Him power, and the new age movement believe the Christ conscience will come upon the New Age Christ, and all that follow him, and they will become an ascended master, and avatar, like the man Jesus.

I look at Christ as a title for His messianic role, but Jesus is the name above all names, not only in this world, but in the world to come.

Locutus

Feb 10, 2017
Strongs

G5547 Christos khris-tos'

from G5548;

anointed, i.e. the Messiah, an epithet of Jesus.

KJV: Christ
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Strongs

G5548 chrio khree'-o

probably akin to G5530 through the idea of contact;

to smear or rub with oil, i.e. (by implication) to consecrate to an office or religious service.

KJV: anoint.
-----------------------------------------------------------

Poinsetta

Nov 24, 2018
Anointed one for the atonement of sins. But i don’t agree Christ was left at the cross. That’s low for the believer.

Poinsetta

Nov 24, 2018
“In My Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also.”

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
I love the fact that so many of you see me as a challenge to your religious beliefs.
Scripture say if you ask the father in my name. Also there is a name above all names.
OT over 100 times Jesus is mentioned.
The angel said his name will be Jesus.
Revelation
He had a name written, King of kings and Lord of lords.
I will say bluntly if you pray in christ's name you are wasting your time
Lastly, Paul said who are you lord, I AM
Jesus whom thou persecute.
The holy spirit taught me.
So, what do you call God? Do you refer to Him as God? What did He say His name was? Who did He say He was?

All this about calling Jesus Christ is a wee bit OCD in my opinion. The Apostle Paul called Jesus Christ on various occasions........It comes down to believing you or the Apostle.......yeah, I'm going with the Apostle.

Oh, you ARE NOT a challenge to my FAITH! I don't have religious beliefs.........mayhaps that's your problem? You see Christianity as a religion rather than a FAITH? Christianity and religion have little in common.......

Don't think too highly of yourself........challenge you are not...........but I will pray that Christ touches your heart through the Holy Spirit to reveal to you the waste of fellowship this stuff really is.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
no i lift jesus high, and it drives religous people nuts, by the way, the theif was with him and called him lord. Jesus is his name
the point of this whole OP is that God has a name when you pray, it should be Father or Abba. Jesus has a name when you pray, It is Jesus.
you all say your great theologians, but you fail in the most basic instructions of Abba and Jesus
Dilute Father to God, and you could be praying to anyone. Dilute the name of Jesus to Christ and you are hiding your belief from people
You mean as you dilute I Am to Father?
bitmoji-20181205035021.png

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Exodus 3:14) And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.

15) And God said moreover unto Moses, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, The LORD God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, hath sent me unto you: this is my name for ever, and this is my memorial unto all generations.

Do you see Father?